• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gokieks

Velvet needs to hurry up and get released so I can pay for my entire Jan. order and get Senjougahara (and the Ignis that I broke down and ended up buying).

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So how hard and costly is it to order the Amakuni exclusives through Hobby Japan like the 7 Deadly Sins?

They are releasing Leviathan in a Bikini figure HNNNNNNG
Asmodeus in a Bunny Suit

and totally different series but Sansei Muramasa in a bikini

oYn14UO.gif

So how hard and costly is it to order the Amakuni exclusives through Hobby Japan like the 7 Deadly Sins?

They are releasing Leviathan in a Bikini figure HNNNNNNG
Asmodeus in a Bunny Suit

and totally different series but Sansei Muramasa in a bikini

Not hard at all. Big in Japan, Nippon-Yasan and Mio Boutique have pre-orders for Hobby Japan stuff. Markup varies between them but Noel and Belphegor just went up if you want to check theirs.

----------

Lol at what Arcadia did to Elin:

Bombless

It's the 27th and still no news of Calne Ca. Last item missing from my January order (the others being Chun-Li and 2020 Miku who was delayed). Well, there's also Shin Gundam Musou (already released) and Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost will be out on the 30th.

so I found out that I am a GCU (gamer thing) at BB and I get 20% off any new games including preorder. Swap my preorder for Bravel Default CE and Demon Gaze and saved about 20 bucks. If only BB had the LE for FFXHD and had the vita version up, I could save like 40 bucks rofl

That means I will feel less bad about ordering another figure this month.

I should be receiving Hot Toys The Crow figure soon. It'll be the last Hot Toys figure I get for a while. I'm kinda glad in a way.

That is until they release Batman Returns Catwoman...

chrono01

What? That's random. I wonder if they found some in a hidden corner of the warehouse.
Yeah, it surprised me too. I mean, re-stocks are normal a day or two after release [due to cancellations and other things], but not this long after release.

Regardless, this is a great time for those who don't own her to purchase it at regular price. She's worth every cent.

chrono01

Hey, remember that awesome Miku from FREEing that showed up last year as a sculpt, and then disappeared from the face of the planet? Here she is:

I don't know. Something about the face seems strange to me, and it's not as though I don't already have enough Hatsune Miku figures in my collection. >_<

I will pass to make room for something else!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm not sure about bikini Muramasa until we see a sculpt. But I do like this one by Wing:

It's classier than a bikini figure, and she's showin' off dat hip.

Yeah I want to see the sculpts too. There is a sculpt of the Asmodeus one already, and I'd like to see the finished prototype.

I was going to post the images all three figures are based on, but I realized they might be too lewd. Then again this is Figure GAF and they are all fully clothed.

kewlmyc

Please do not let that stop you. She was ranked [in this thread, among others I'm sure] as one of the best for 2013 for a reason, and it wasn't for her glorious "oppai".

She's a great figure.
I'm sure she is, but I need to cut back on my impulse buying. If it was the other fox girl from Muramasa then I'd reconsider.

I don't know. Something about the face seems strange to me, and it's not as though I don't already have enough Hatsune Miku figures in my collection. >_<

I will pass to make room for something else!

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. She's got like, a flat-face that looks like it's not very detailed. But that gaping mouth.... makes her look a smidge creepy. The costume is great, though.

I'm sure she is, but I need to cut back on my impulse buying. If it was the other fox girl from Muramasa then I'd reconsider.

oh man, if there was a figure to skip in an effort to control your spending.... it isn't this one. She may look like a big old Tits Mcgee, but she's a fantastic figure. Definitely one of my favorites. Besides, you already have Momohime.. I'm pretty sure you're legally required to buy Kongiku as well.

RMI

Banned
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. She's got like, a flat-face that looks like it's not very detailed. But that gaping mouth.... makes her look a smidge creepy. The costume is great, though.

her eyes seem too far apart to me, though it could just be the angle. It's too bad, because the costume does look great and I think the rest of the figure (pose/colors/detail) looks really nice.

meijiko

That Elin... god what a disappointment. She's going off my wishlist, unless they decide to make a proper one.

Also, Miku is an instant preorder. Senbonzakura is one of my favorites, and maybe if she sells well they'll hurry it up with the rest of them. It's one thing to cross of my WF wishlist, at least.

Also, Miku is an instant preorder. Senbonzakura is one of my favorites, and maybe if she sells well they'll hurry it up with the rest of them. It's one thing to cross of my WF wishlist, at least.

It's FREEing though, chances are it'll end up in the bargain bin. Patience, young Jedi.

chrono01

Yeah, it's almost as though she's wearing a mask or something.

I do agree about the outfit, though, it looks nice. It's good to see a different take on Hatsune Miku, that's for sure.

kewlmyc

oh man, if there was a figure to skip in an effort to control your spending.... it isn't this one. She may look like a big old Tits Mcgee, but she's a fantastic figure. Definitely one of my favorites. Besides, you already have Momohime.. I'm pretty sure you're legally required to buy Kongiku as well.

Fuck, you guys aren't making it easy.

Never bought from Hobbysearch. How are they compared to Amiami?

chrono01

Fuck, you guys aren't making it easy.

Never bought from Hobbysearch. How are they compared to Amiami?
Hobby Search is great. I make the majority of my pre-orders through AmiAmi, since they usually have cheaper prices [albeit, only slightly] and it helps to combine my orders into a single shipment. However, I've made many pre-orders from Hobby Search, either from items not available or already sold out from AmiAmi, and haven't had an issue at all. They come highly recommended.

Now make the purchase! >:)

gokieks

Eh, Kongiku isn't even in the same class as Momohime in terms of either character design or as a character, IMO.

But I bought it anyway, because hooray fiscal irresponsibility.

chrono01

Yeah dude, really. I mean, most of us are cutting back on figures. I'm sticking only with the stuff I really need in order to live. But if I didn't already own her, Kongiku would be one of them.
I agree.

She's one of those figures that belong in every serious figure-collector's collection. She's that good.
Eh, Kongiku isn't even in the same class as Momohime in terms of either character design or as a character, IMO.

But I bought it anyway, because hooray fiscal irresponsibility.
As nice as she looks in user/review pictures, she's even better in-person.

You'll see!

kewlmyc

I've never had an issue with them. I haven't used them as much as AmiAmi or N-Y, but they seem perfectly fine.

Was in my cart about to purchase when I got the "error 500". Apparently she sold out right before I hit the send button for my order.

Not sure if I consider myself lucky or unlucky for that.

chrono01

Was in my cart about to purchase when I got the "error 500". Apparently she sold out right before I hit the send button for my order.

Not sure if I consider myself lucky or unlucky for that.
As much as I would like to say that you were lucky, to make yourself feel better...I cannot. This is Kongiku we're talking about. :/

As much as I would like to say that you were lucky, to make yourself feel better...I cannot. This is Kongiku we're talking about. :/

I'm pretty sure it's been scientifically proven that bringing Kongiku in close proximity to anyone who is terminally ill will instantly cure them.

kewlmyc

I'll figinstock her if it make you feel better.

Gotta start limiting my figures to 10000 yen or less if I'm serious about moving later this year. Sadly, I'm going to have to cancel my Real Action Hero EVA-01. :(

The Hana, Ame, and Yuki figure is too beautiful to cancel...

I'm pretty sure it's been scientifically proven that bringing Kongiku in close proximity to anyone who is terminally ill will instantly cure them.
Does it get you out of debt?

chrono01

This is true. Very true.

I'll figinstock her if it make you feel better.

Gotta start limiting my figures to 10000 yen or less if I'm serious about moving later this year. Sadly, I'm going to have to cancel my Real Action Hero EVA-01. :(

Does it get you out of debt?
I know I've said a lot of good things about the figure [because she is amazing], however if it's something you personally don't like, I will not [attempt] to force it upon you. I know I've collected figures that others didn't personally like and vice-versa. Personal opinion/perspective plays a lot into it so what some might love [such as Kongiku] others might not.

Unfortunately, Kongiku doesn't get you out of debt, but it does bring a smile to your face.

Bombless

I hadn't realised that swimsuit Elin shit was THE version they were going to go with, I thought it was another alternate. What. The. FUCK.

I hadn't realised that swimsuit Elin shit was THE version they were going to go with, I thought it was another alternate. What. The. FUCK.

What gets me is that the hair is pretty amazing. The fact that they put her in a swimsuit instead of armor? omgwtfbbqijfoieofnsofnseuhfshros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom