• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me

johnsmith

remember me
Am I a bad person for having no lights whatsoever on my Detolfs? I'm looking at the lights you posted and I'm not even sure how you'd install them. One strip per shelf?

Yeah, that would be enough. Dioders don't get warm at all, so they're really good for this. I would definitely recommend them. They make your figures just pop and look better.

johnsmith

remember me
Just scored a B/C Lucy Heartfilia from amiami for 4,320 yen. Time to watch the show now. Really good price since I couldn't care less about the box, and I don't think I've seen her used on amiami before, and couldn't find her on mandarake.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Just scored a B/C Lucy Heartfilia from amiami for 4,320 yen. Time to watch the show now. Really good price since I couldn't care less about the box, and I don't think I've seen her used on amiami before, and couldn't find her on mandarake.

The GSC one? She's great. Nice catch!

johnsmith

remember me
The GSC one? She's great. Nice catch!

Yep! She looked really good in the reviews, but I wasn't familiar with the show and she's a little plain. But for that price I just went for it.

And here's another good deal!
B/B Alter Rise Kujikawa
7,760 JPY
http://slist.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-0826
Really tempted to break my rule about no swimsuit figures here!

and she's gone

B/B Alter Jubei Yagyu
5,180 yen
Great figure, highly recommended.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-0764

o man sorry John =/

I was eyeballing that Rise. I was debating if I wanted that one or the MH one since they are the same price but that lack of nose in MH bothers me too much.

johnsmith

remember me
o man sorry John =/

I was eyeballing that Rise. I was debating if I wanted that one or the MH one since they are the same price but that lack of nose in MH bothers me too much.

No, I'm glad somebody else got it, 1 figure was more than enough for tonight. Was it you? Definitely go with Alter's. Megahouse's version isn't worth it. Don't buy it.

hmm apparently I can fit 2 figures into sal register. Amiami only charged me 1.5k for sal and 2.5k for EMS lol. Went with Sal because im in no rush for rise.

Rootbeer

Banned
Did I goof?

Got my amiami payment confirmation for this month. Last month my CC charged me a fee for converting currency from USD -> JP so I said fuck that and changed the card on my order to a different one that won't do that. But now amiami said I have to wait for a new invoice, sigh. Their system sucks so much.

But it won't affect my order right? Mikasa is in this order and I really don't want to get bumped and have to wait for a future shipment or some junk. It said I have to wait for a new invoice during their business hours.

Grrrr...

Arveene

Neo Member
So uhhhh... I haven't kept up very well since like October (blame Pokemon). What pre-orders / announcements have I missed, and how much is it going to kill my wallet?

Did I goof?

Got my amiami payment confirmation for this month. Last month my CC charged me a fee for converting currency from USD -> JP so I said fuck that and changed the card on my order to a different one that won't do that. But now amiami said I have to wait for a new invoice, sigh. Their system sucks so much.

But it won't affect my order right? Mikasa is in this order and I really don't want to get bumped and have to wait for a future shipment or some junk. It said I have to wait for a new invoice during their business hours.

Grrrr...

Any time I've made a change to an order that I already received a payment confirmation for (such as combining it with another order), it usually takes about 24 hours for them to send me a new invoice. (longer if it's the weekend)

dreamfall

Question- I've been vacillating on whether or not to pick up Hot Toys Ada Wong. Like, I love the accessories, and think the figure is really detailed but I'm wondering if I don't do it now if it turns into a $600 Sheva situation. Any impressions?

Also, what's up with Gaming Heads statues? I like their Lara Croft, but I'm not sure how well it's built.

Forever lurking, and praying one day we see Bishoujos of DOA & Soul Calibur fighters :/

Forever lurking, and praying one day we see Bishoujos of DOA & Soul Calibur fighters :/

I think they're pretty content with what they have now, though I get the impression the Mass Effect line isn't long for this world (and it's a bit redundant when they have a bishoujo Star Wars series anyhow). They might kill it after the next ME bishoujo figure.

Ryuuroden

Just got back from Ikea. Ended up getting 2 of these, and a bunch of dioder lights. $70 each, you can't beat that value. Gonna try to get around to building them this weekend. Also they had a ton of the black/brown detolfs.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20213312/

What was the size of the boxes, I will be getting like 3 of those and one of the combo ones next weekend for my Lego sets. Need to know if I have to borrow my parents SUV or if I can get it in my Focus. also getting a bunch of linnmon tables to build my city display on.

EDIT: also what are the size of billy's, I think I may go for a billy/detolf combo as I have different areas that would suit one over the other.

EDIT2: NM finally found the package sizes on the website, never been to Ikea before or used their site so I didn't find the info right away

Arveene

Neo Member
Probably tons of stuff. All the Megahouse Dragon's Crown stuff for one.

I actually pre-ordered Elf yesterday! I also pre-ordered the two new Seven Sins.

OH! Yukihime finally was released. I checked on MFC and I paid for her through Tokyo-Hunter In August of 2012. Just got my shipping invoice a couple days ago.

Giolon

I'd just settle for some good quality, DoA figures period (not counting the swimsuit DOAX line. Swimsuit figures don't count).

Same here. I have this one, which looks better in person, but could be nicer.

412K6HS9MXL.jpg

I'd really like some Soul Calibur figures though, especially a Hilde figure.

johnsmith

remember me
What was the size of the boxes, I will be getting like 3 of those and one of the combo ones next weekend for my Lego sets. Need to know if I have to borrow my parents SUV or if I can get it in my Focus. also getting a bunch of linnmon tables to build my city display on.

EDIT: also what are the size of billy's, I think I may go for a billy/detolf combo as I have different areas that would suit one over the other.

EDIT2: NM finally found the package sizes on the website, never been to Ikea before or used their site so I didn't find the info right away
Ikea lists the sizes of the packages on their website

Package measurement and weight
Width: 15 3/8" (39 cm)
Height: 3 7/8" (10 cm)
Length: 78 3/4" (200 cm)
Weight: 60lb (27.4 kg)

I fit 2 of them in my Mazda 3 hatchback.

There were actually Kasumi and Ayane Yamashita Shuna figures several years ago. I have this one: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/556

I'd just settle for some good quality, DoA figures period (not counting the swimsuit DOAX line. Swimsuit figures don't count).
Haha I had those kasumi pieces too back before i even knew who shunya yamashita was. They were nice but I sold them to buy a textbook for school a month after I bought them. Im a bit surprised they are still cheap on ebay after all these years considering how ridiculously overpriced some of shunyas other old pieces have become.

They are also one of the better kasumi figures and imo the best available atm. I hate the bent over one and I agree that swimsuit ones dont count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom