• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Miss out on the OG release of Nimue? Well, there's a re-color coming up for pre-order soon.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-004428&page=top

From the 27th (Japan time) at 6pm.

I'm not biting, but others might be interested.
Yeah, I just saw this. I have the previous Nimue on pre-order from HLJ ]which I might cancel], but I prefer that one over this. Something about the darker colors on the original seems better to me. :/

Oh, Belphagor and Noel Vermillion [Amakuni] are available on BIJ now! I'll wait a few days and then pre-order Belphagor. I'll probably wait for N-Y for Noel since I really can't afford to pre-order both figures and pay up-front right now [but I will for Belphagor].

Belphagor:

http://www.biginjap.com/pvc-figures/8751-the-seven-deadly-sins-belphegor-the-image-of-sloth.html

Noel Vermillion:

http://www.biginjap.com/pvc-figures/8752-noel-vermillion-dd-mode.html

RMI

Banned
Belphagor is easily my favorite of the series. Luckily for my wallet, I don't have any of the other ones, so I don't feel too tempted to pick this up. Looks great though.

Gotta say I'm getting sick of all these Noel figs.

Busaiku

Ugh, what the heck, why is Benten so expensive.
Getting it in the hopes they make Benio later too.

AUGH
I should've waited before comitting to AmiAmi...

I see he's like $185 on other sites now?!
I already canceled an AmiAmi order like a month ago, I don't think they'll let me get away with another.

RMI

Banned
got this miku in the mail from mandarake this morning. shipping was a bitch (EMS only) but from what I can see in the box it looks quite nice. Will go really good with that Nuclear Fusion Rin I'm still waiting on.

13763.jpg

got this miku in the mail from mandarake this morning. shipping was a bitch (EMS only) but from what I can see in the box it looks quite nice. Will go really good with that Nuclear Fusion Rin I'm still waiting on.

VN02 Miku is great, and actually the first figure I bought purely based on looks. I've bought her twice in fact, because the first got broken (not by me). I intended to get Rin and complete the set as well, but never got around to it. Now you've reminded me I probably will though lol

Damn. Can't decide whether I like the Kirigiri Kyouko figurine's face / eyes enough to preorder it.

Eh, do it. I did. But order from N-Y, she's a bit cheaper over there.

I see he's like $185 on other sites now?!
I already canceled an AmiAmi order like a month ago, I don't think they'll let me get away with another.

I once canceled like, nine figures from them all at once and I survived. I think what they let you get away with is relative to how much business you do with them. Also make the cancellation request right after paying for a decent-sized order. It butters them up.

Also, Bounty Hunter Yoko...for 25,000 yen [not opened]. ~_~

Alter, re-release when?

Not soon enough. I think I would actually buy two if she did get a reissue.

VN02 Miku is great, and actually the first figure I bought purely based on looks. I've bought her twice in fact, because the first got broken (not by me). I intended to get Rin and complete the set as well, but never got around to it. Now you've reminded me I probably will though lol

I've been thinking about getting her for the longest time. But right now I've got too many pre-orders. Not to mention Dark Angel Olivia coming in March.

kewlmyc

13763.jpg

Not a fan of Miku, but that look sick. I would buy a black/red version of Miku if it existed.

Busaiku

I once canceled like, nine figures from them all at once and I survived. I think what they let you get away with is relative to how much business you do with them. Also make the cancellation request right after paying for a decent-sized order. It butters them up.
My problem is that by canceling this, that'd be like 50% of my business with them (in dollars).

Bombless

That is one fabulous Miku...Better not show this to mom or she'll snap.

Giolon

Postman just arrived. Quick figure report:

Bishoujo Chun-li has all the problems the early prototype showed. I don't believe Kotobukiya actually made any changes to her face. Depending on the angle and lighting, she looks lazy-eyed. Her nose is still a mile long. Ugh....so disappointed. Overall craftsmanship is still pretty high.

Border Break Fiona Yamashita Shunya Ver is gorgeous, and largely accurate to the prototype. The main difference I have to point out is that her entire color scheme is a lot lighter and paler than the promo photos that she was sold with on the figure sites. If you want an easy way to tell what she looks like, check out the earlier Raita Kazama ver. for a much more accurate rendition of her color scheme. I'd have much preferred that she kept the richer colors and peachier skin, BUT she still looks amazing. As a great bonus, the base, the crates and Fiona are all completely separate pieces w/o pegs of any sort, so you can do away with the base or sit Fiona on something else if you like. WARNING: Fiona's clipboard causes horrendous paint transfer. Don't let it touch anything you don't have to. The inside of my Fiona's hand is now completely black.
Edit: The crate causes paint transfer very easily too.

No time for pictures now unfortunately. I'm hosting a party in a few minutes. I couldn't help myself. Here are a few quickie pics:

kunonabi

Man the new shots of Gecco's Heather Mason are not looking good. I mean the face was always off but yeesh. I'm still getting her since SH mercandise not related to the shitty movies are so rare but I am a little bummed out. Hopefully, she looks better in person.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Bishoujo Chun-li has all the problems the early prototype showed. I don't believe Kotobukiya actually made any changes to her face. Depending on the angle and lighting, she looks lazy-eyed. Her nose is still a mile long. Ugh....so disappointed. Overall craftsmanship is still pretty high.

Border Break Fiona Yamashita Shunya Ver is gorgeous, and largely accurate to the prototype. The main difference I have to point out is that her entire color scheme is a lot lighter and paler than the promo photos that she was sold with on the figure sites. If you want an easy way to tell what she looks like, check out the earlier Raita Kazama ver. for a much more accurate rendition of her color scheme. I'd have much preferred that she kept the richer colors and peachier skin, BUT she still looks amazing. As a great bonus, the base, the crates and Fiona are all completely separate pieces w/o pegs of any sort, so you can do away with the base or sit Fiona on something else if you like. WARNING: Fiona's clipboard causes horrendous paint transfer. Don't let it touch anything you don't have to. The inside of my Fiona's hand is now completely black.

No time for pictures now unfortunately. I'm hosting a party in a few minutes. I couldn't help myself. Here are a few quickie pics:

Thanks for the pics. I was interested in both of these figures and wanted to see how they turned out.

so a master samurai matabei is being made. Can't link due to scans but its an alter figure.

So 3 more dark samurais to go, a master samurai version of Hanzo, and (please) a rerelease of senhime

edit
18 figs currently po.

and an expected 20-22~ more to be added later down the line @.@

so a master samurai matabei is being made. Can't link due to scans but its an alter figure.

So 3 more dark samurais to go, a master samurai version of Hanzo, and (please) a rerelease of senhime

You're estimating low. I don't expect the Hyakka train to end anytime soon. They'll probably keep making up new versions of everyone as they go, otherwise they're leaving monies on the table.

chrono01

edit
18 figs currently po.

and an expected 20-22~ more to be added later down the line @.@
I missed out on the original Matabei, since I wasn't collecting figures at the time, so I'll definitely purchase the Master Samurai Ver. The sculpt looks promising, and since it's Alter [as well as from the Hyakka Samurai line] you can be guaranteed that it will be quality.

I'm really cutting back on just any pre-orders for this year, though. There's so mnay great figures being released/announced, I need to be more selective than I was last year. :/

I missed out on the original Matabei, since I wasn't collecting figures at the time, so I'll definitely purchase the Master Samurai Ver. The sculpt looks promising, and since it's Alter [as well as from the Hyakka Samurai line] you can be guaranteed that it will be quality.

I'm really cutting back on just any pre-orders for this year, though. There's so mnay great figures being released/announced, I need to be more selective than I was last year. :/

Yeah, Gotou looks like a winner. And by that, I mean DAT ASS.

As for cutting back, we all should. But its sooooo hard. :( I need to come up with some figure-selection guidelines or something for myself.

Do points on AmiAmi ever expire?

I think so. But I think its something like a year after the fact. Don't quote me on that, though.

Do points on AmiAmi ever expire?

they do if you have not bought anything in a year.

so if I bought something on feb 2012 and at the last minute bought something around dec 2012. I have one more year before points expire.

BUT it takes about 2-3 weeks before points update so possibly a dec2012 purchase gap to dec 2013 would expire since the points might not be update.

Is it a rolling year (for the points per order), or since my last purchase (for total points)?

Its from the last time you made a purchase for all your points, so it refreshes everytime you get more points, as far as I know.

Q. When are AmiAmi Points applied to my account? Do they expire?
A. Points will be applied to customer accounts approximately 17 days after shipment of the corresponding order, and are valid for one year from the date of the last order shipment. Placing a new order will extend the expiration date of your point total an additional year.

*Please refer to the "Point Terms" page for further details.

Paid for my 26k AmiAmi order. Now I've got no figures to buy between now and the end of March except Tharja from N-Y next month.

Daniel-Bryan-Yes-Cheer.gif

Now I just need to resist any impulse buys, and I'm good.

Yagami_Sama

She's really great. Going to get Asuka too?

That`s the plan.

Asuka`s figure is cheaper than this one, but so far I did not find the correct price, the one that I won't resist buying...

While I keep on looking for good auctions and since Ayanami is my favorite,I am trying to complete my Ayanami collection.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Don't you believe him. Spending your hard earned money as quickly as it comes in can be a wonderful thing!

Remember:
MiDQhFk.jpg

This is amazing, thank you.

Oh, also here's Amakuni's Noel Vermillion. She's an exclusive, as well. Release date is in October with a price of ¥9241 [¥10,167 with a Desk Mat].

i90gvZ9su8JIA.jpg

iKfNwaivp0f70.jpg

Given the price of Amakuni's previous Noel, expect this one to rise in-price after release. I'll likely be purchasing her, as well. ~_~

See, this is why I never want to read in this god damn thread, another hole in my wallet :(

Luckily this is coming out in October, hopefully I forgot about her by then... -.-

Edit: The crate causes paint transfer very easily too.

Thanks for the pics. Fiona looks great, Shunya's art is wonderfully captured. Pity about the paint transfer issue though.

Now I just need to resist any impulse buys, and I'm good.
You, I and practically everyone who visits this thread knows that ain't happening with wonfest coming up :p

Triple edit: removed tharja references. I dont want to promote bootlegging scum.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding and you know this, but that Tharja is a bootleg. That pic is photoshopped to indicate how gathering will paint their recast version. They update with final pics after they have a painted prototype. What event are you seeing her as part of?

Is e2046 bootleg? I thought they had official gks? Screw that then
Edit: looks like your right. In that case its not worth it in terms of q/c and im against supporting recasts. Gonna be a pass for me then. I think freezauraus actually was referring to his actual tharja order shipping.

Is e2046 bootleg? I thought they had official gks? Screw that then
Edit: looks like your right. In that case its not worth it in terms of q/c and im against supporting recasts. Gonna be a pass for me then. I think freezauraus actually was referring to his actual tharja order shipping.

Yeah, they just use official pictures before they have a prototype of their own to show, which is probably misleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom