• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
I always go unregistered. I don't give a fuck.

O1HFE2t.png

Just paid for Dizzy. Only 2 more figures and I'm (hopefully) free!

And add me to the list of those forsaking that Miku; honestly it just looks bad all the way around, especially the colors. A shame, since I like the concept overall.

NEVER go unregistered. once was enough for me. always go registered. it's only a few bucks more.
keeping that in mind from now on.

My unregistered order that shipped around the 8th, no clue where thats at.
Could still be in Japan or it could be at my post office waiting till the snow is gone, heck it could even be sitting at the bottom of the ocean.

My registered order that shipped 2 weeks later, well that just arrived in New York yesterday. going to take a while to get to Alabama but at least I know where its at.

<- sadly has nothing better to worry about at the moment.

Rootbeer

Banned
Any time I've made a change to an order that I already received a payment confirmation for (such as combining it with another order), it usually takes about 24 hours for them to send me a new invoice. (longer if it's the weekend)

Thanks... well I still didn't receive it and it's 2:20pm there... Hope I get it soon. I'm ready to start my Attack on Titan collection!

Astarte

Just paid for Dizzy. Only 2 more figures and I'm (hopefully) free!

And add me to the list of those forsaking that Miku; honestly it just looks bad all the way around, especially the colors. A shame, since I like the concept overall.

Ooh, I'm pretty jealous. Then again, I chose Tharja off a coinflip so I'm not one to complain :y

johnsmith

remember me
Is there any way to see how much stock is left on a sideshow item?

Thinking of buying Mary Jane if she's still available when I get my tax return and/or bonus from work in about a month.

RMI

Banned
I've started ordering a lot of figures by registered SAL and the tracking isn't really much help. All I see is that they left Japan and that was 2+ weeks ago. With times like that between updates the tracking doesn't seem especially useful, but it's still better than paying $30+ EMS shipping on a single fig. Any time I have more than one item I'm willing to go EMS though. So fast.

Anyone know where i could get an authentic megurine luka figma? I see a few on ebay, but they look a bit sketchy :(

Setup a fig in Stock notification and check mandarake. I got mine from mandarake. Keep away from eBay. It's a cool figma, definitely worth paying a little more to be sure it's the real deal.

LiK

I usually have to contend with unregistered stuff from the UK/EU cuz anything with tracking is express and very expensive. They always arrive but usually after 2-3 weeks. I hate not knowing where my packages are. USPS has spoiled me since they have tracking for most of their domestic services now.

kewlmyc

My January order shipped from Amiami! At least I have that to look forward to, unlike my new laptop which Best Buy already took payment for but currently can't locate.

So yeah. Bandai is going to release SH Figuarts Mario...

hmON5dp.jpg
That does not look as schway as the Neno Luigi. And Bandai, hurry up and release the rest of the Supernovas and yo Magi figures. Hopefully the Kingdom figures that were revealed at Jump Festa don't suffer the same fate.....

RMI

Banned
someone ran over my mailbox between last night and this morning. nice of them to sort of stand it back up

That's probably going to make it challenging for the PO to let me know I've got a package waiting. God damn it.

kewlmyc

someone ran over my mailbox between last night and this morning. nice of them to sort of stand it back up

That's probably going to make it challenging for the PO to let me know I've got a package waiting. God damn it.

Where do you live?

gokieks

Whoa, the dioder lights are on sale until wednesday, might have to make my way down to ikea before then.

It was actually until Tuesday. :<

Temperatures had been hovering in the single digits (Fahrenheit) to below 0 range the past couple of days, so was putting off the fairly long (~40 miles) drive to IKEA until today which was supposed to be warmer (and it is, at a balmy 10 F).

Oh well, I can wait until the next time.

gokieks

Though to be honest, I should probably be looking at other lighting options anyway. Even at sale prices, 2 x DIODER strips + 1 x DIODER pucks is $70 for a single DETOLF is a little too much (though the results are quite nice). And since I currently have a matching set, it's a good time to switch to something else and be able to retain symmetry (which I hate not having).

gokieks

I could probably get away with not using the pucks, but 2 sets of strips was what I found to be the bare minimum for getting acceptable lighting. 1 light source just doesn't look very good IMO, especially in a glass case.

I've started ordering a lot of figures by registered SAL and the tracking isn't really much help. All I see is that they left Japan and that was 2+ weeks ago. With times like that between updates the tracking doesn't seem especially useful, but it's still better than paying $30+ EMS shipping on a single fig. Any time I have more than one item I'm willing to go EMS though. So fast.

That happened with my last shipment with SAL registered and I decided to check with USPS and lo and behold, it was getting delivered that very same day, lol.

So I believe, that after it leaves Japan, whoever is handling it in your country will possibly have the tracking information for it.

My wallet is going to be tombstone piledrived into oblivion. Yeah, I'm getting this. Thanks for the link!

I've been enabled a number of times in this thread, glad to be able to "help" a fellow FigureGAF'er
drive their finances straight into the ground.

She is a nice figure, and chances are she'll climb back to 15-17k once GG comes out.

RMI

Banned
That happened with my last shipment with SAL registered and I decided to check with USPS and lo and behold, it was getting delivered that very same day, lol.

So I believe, that after it leaves Japan, whoever is handling it in your country will possibly have the tracking information for it.

checked the USPS tracking and they have the exact same info. I wonder if I'll see the packages get sorted through NY JFK That's where they usually stop for EMS but not sure with SAL.

checked the USPS tracking and they have the exact same info. I wonder if I'll see the packages get sorted through NY JFK That's where they usually stop for EMS but not sure with SAL.

I've found that my packages tend to go through the same or very similar routes whether I use EMS or SAL, just the timing changes. As far back as I can remember, every one of my packages from Japan has gone through JFK before going to the next sorting facility. I will say that my SAL packages tend to sit at JFK longer than it takes for the package to go from Japan to NY. It's so odd.

Momo, Senjougahara and Taiga just showed up. Yay!

Gotta work some magic this weekend to get them displayed. Room is super-tight until I get to IKEA to pick up a billy or something. But from what I can see, I love them all. Great figures. Momo is pretty breathtaking, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom