• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone interested in my D-Arts Rock Man? Complete with box, all parts. Was on display the whole time so everything is pretty minty. $25 including shipping to US?

I also have a McFarlane Halo 4 Master Chief, Series 1. No box, just the fig and assault rifle. Also was on display the whole time so pretty minty. $8 including shipping to US?

Pics of either can be provided. off to ebay if no takers by the end of the week

meijiko

are those AZONE cuz they're gonna be pretty pricey. loved CCS but gonna pass on them. i have two AZONE dolls (Haruhi and Oreimo) still sealed. might just resell them.

Nah, they're Licca dolls. The product page says they'll be 7.2k ea at retail.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't make a Licca version of Sakura already, but I guess their "Liccarize" thing is relatively new.

LiK

Nah, they're Licca dolls. The product page says they'll be 7.2k ea at retail.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't make a Licca version of Sakura already, but I guess their "Liccarize" thing is relatively new.

oh, Licca, not a big fan of their stuff

javac

Hey guys. So basically...I don't or I should say I haven't bought figures in the past although I always thought that a few looked cool. I guess I always thought that I didn't have the money for them and what not. I still don't think I will get in the business of buying them to a large degree but I always thought that I would buy a few if I found them at a good price and it was a show/character that I love.

This is basically my first figure. It's pretty crap compared to the stuff I see in here but I really liked it and it's Noriko! Sorry for the pictures below I guess I just like taking pictures and it gives me something to do. I actually took soo many pics of this figure I ran out of space on my phone! It uploaded like 2gb worth of images to my dropbox account! What on earth lol! Crappy pics :p

I feel kinda stupid for this wall of text but I ramble on all the time. Anyways I took some pics and thought I would post them below although they're not very good.

3tEnyUl.jpg

rdOY908.jpg

HWsw9jb.jpg

io96GGP.jpg

Sorry for the long useless post. If you want I could delete it if it's not something that should be in this thread. I recently bought the RIO bone Nono figure. So I guess that is my first true figure. I got it for £33 including delivery. Again probably a crap figure but I love Nono so I had to get it! It's on it's way!

I browse this thread from time to time and I enjoy looking at all the new figures coming out and stuff you guys buy so I guess I just wanted to post here. Also I don't have a fancy place to put my blu-rays and whatnot so I just put them on a little cupboard I have so sorry about the mess. Congrats if you read through this all :]

welcome to the thread! cute fig. I have to admit, I couldn't help but look at the movies in the back to see what kind of stuff you like. Cowboy Bebop and Ghibli stuff, thumbs up

Elins are cute and all, but I'd really like to see some of the other races from TERA represented, too.

I'm not really familiar with the sauce material. Are there any other races that are as adorable?

jesus christ they're basically giving this thing away. must...resist....

They were sold out the other day. Guess they found another landfill that was full of them.

Hey guys. So basically...I don't or I should say I haven't bought figures in the past although I always thought that a few looked cool. I guess I always thought that I didn't have the money for them and what not. I still don't think I will get in the business of buying them to a large degree but I always thought that I would buy a few if I found them at a good price and it was a show/character that I love.

Yeah, "thinking a few would look cool" is how it always starts. Then the next thing you know, you've got 75 of them. The best thing you can do for your wallet is to get super-picky about which ones to buy right now, so you won't spend $2000 before you realize how necessary it is to be selective.

javac

welcome to the thread! cute fig. I have to admit, I couldn't help but look at the movies in the back to see what kind of stuff you like. Cowboy Bebop and Ghibli stuff, thumbs up

Thanks! It's all Ghibli back there lol :D Have all the steelbooks in the back too!

Yeah, "thinking a few would look cool" is how it always starts. Then the next thing you know, you've got 75 of them. The best thing you can do for your wallet is to get super-picky about which ones to buy right now, so you won't spend $2000 before you realize how necessary it is to be selective.

Yeah I'm going to be super picky about them! I'm eying up the Super Robot Chogokin Gunbuster and like I said I bought the Rio Bone Nono figure. I think I gravitate more to the characters rather than the quality to be fair. Even looking at gashapon figures lol. So far it's all Gunbuster/Diebuster. I was going to get the MewTwo figure they had a while back as well as the FLCL Canti figure but alas I never bit.

I'd say there are worse places you could put Noriko than in front of a classic GAINAX BD. Also, I think the Nono figure will probably be at least decent quality, since RIO:bone Canti turned out well.

Haha thanks! That is the figure I wanted but I never bit the bullet! Stupid me :(

I think this is one of the reasons I like this thread. You guys and girls are all so cool and welcoming :) I won't be buying much but when I do I'll post here and I'll always swing by and look at the awesome stuff you lot get!

http://en.tera.gameforge.com/main/world

They basically covered most fetishes out there.

Hm. I'd buy a figure of a sexy female Aman.

Yeah I'm going to be super picky about them! I'm eying up the Super Robot Chogokin Gunbuster and like I said I bought the Rio Bone Nono figure. I think I gravitate more to the characters rather than the quality to be fair. Even looking at gashapon figures lol. So far it's all Gunbuster/Diebuster. I was going to get the MewTwo figure they had a while back as well as the FLCL Canti figure but alas I never bit.

Well, quality should always play a factor, too. But it's a good idea to stick to figures from franchises that you're familiar with. If you want to get everything that looks cool, you'll be broke and building a house out of figure boxes before long. There are some figures that are too amazing not to buy, regardless. But those are relatively few and far between. Sometimes you might buy something that just catches your eye, and that's okay.

I've even gotten around "the rule" by ordering a figure, and then watching the series that she came from. XD

javac

Well, quality should always play a factor, too. But it's a good idea to stick to figures from franchises that you're familiar with. If you want to get everything that looks cool, you'll be broke and building a house out of figure boxes before long. There are some figures that are too amazing not to buy, regardless. But those are relatively few and far between. Sometimes you might buy something that just catches your eye, and that's okay.

I've even gotten around "the rule" by ordering a figure, and then watching the series that she came from. XD

Haha true that. I'll be brutally honest. I don't watch many newer anime. I've always stuck to the old Gainax releases and what not. Your Lain, Bebop and Evangelion and whathaveya. I think that's helped me in not buying figures up until this point. Never bothered with Eva figures because there's too much and I rather not get into that mess. (Still haven't watched Kill la Kill or Space Dandy regardless of the fact that I was hyped beyond belief for them for example!)

Video game figures now that's something. I wanted the Zero suit figure as well as the MewTwo and Link figure but again never did bite the bullet. I guess I'll see how it goes and I hope this doesn't come across as rude but I'm not really in the position to be buying too much so I doubt hope that I don't go overboard!

I would do anything for a figure of the daicon girl however T_T

johnsmith

remember me

This is basically my first figure. It's pretty crap compared to the stuff I see in here but I really liked it and it's Noriko! Sorry for the pictures below I guess I just like taking pictures and it gives me something to do. I actually took soo many pics of this figure I ran out of space on my phone! It uploaded like 2gb worth of images to my dropbox account! What on earth lol! Crappy pics :p

I feel kinda stupid for this wall of text but I ramble on all the time. Anyways I took some pics and thought I would post them below although they're not very good.

Sorry for the long useless post. If you want I could delete it if it's not something that should be in this thread. I recently bought the RIO bone Nono figure. So I guess that is my first true figure. I got it for £33 including delivery. Again probably a crap figure but I love Nono so I had to get it! It's on it's way!

I browse this thread from time to time and I enjoy looking at all the new figures coming out and stuff you guys buy so I guess I just wanted to post here. Also I don't have a fancy place to put my blu-rays and whatnot so I just put them on a little cupboard I have so sorry about the mess. Congrats if you read through this all :]

Welcome to the thread. You don't need to apologize for anything. Feel free to post or write about anything you want. Everybody is welcome and the more the merrier.

Giolon

Welcome to the thread! I've never seen that Gunbuster figure. Awesome show, and a blast from the past. Don't worry too much about people thinking what you've got as crap. If you like it, you like it! It doesn't hurt to get a feel for what the quality level from different manufacturers or what current standards are. It can help prevent you from getting ripped off.

Hm. I'd buy a figure of a sexy female Aman.

That's one way to limit your purchaes, but everybody's got their own criteria for what makes the cut. Mine happens to generally be a) how much do I like the character or figure or how much "cool" factor does it have and/or b) how will I feel if I don't get a particular figure and I miss out on it forever? (Don't forget c) Price!) Familiarity with the source often has little to do with it.

javac

Welcome to the thread. You don't need to apologize for anything. Feel free to post or write about anything you want. Everybody is welcome and the more the merrier.

I guess felt like I was degrading the thread with my filth and poor images :$ So uncouth.

Welcome! It's always a pleasure to have more damned collectors in our little group here!

Damn I guess I'm damned now! D: lol It's all downhill from here :p I'll try my best with hard work and guts!

Welcome to the thread! I've never seen that Gunbuster figure. Awesome show, and a blast from the past. Don't worry too much about people thinking what you've got as crap. If you like it, you like it! It doesn't hurt to get a feel for what the quality level from different manufacturers or what current standards are. It can help prevent you from getting ripped off.

Yeah I really love this figure. I thought hell if it made me happy I guess I should just buy it! It's from the Mon-sieur Bome collection. I think it's nice quality but I have nothing to compare it too apart from that ugly thing I got with my Bravely Default Collectors edition :$

gokieks

Picked up my January AmiAmi order. The nearly $90 EMS charge is at least somewhat understandable after seeing the size of the shipping box.

Senjougahara Hitagi by Koto: The sculpt is pretty pretty good. Unfortunately, I just don't think that the animation style of the anime translates all that well into figures - neither this nor the GSC version (which are definitely the two best versions of her so far) look quite... right. I love the pose though.

Misaki Yuria by MegaHouse: Not a whole lot to say. It's an OK figure, and I only paid $15 plus whatever increase in shipping was. Not the greatest figure in the world, but for the cost and to complement my other Yamato 2199 figures, it's fine.

Velvet Batrass by AlphaMax: Kotobukiya does a better job of translating Tony Taka characters' faces (I love his designs, but let's face it, they're all very similar) to figures, I think - this one looks a bit weird compared to the Maxima Enfield that I also have. I also wish her skirt was a little longer, but that's just me. Still a unique character/setting for a figure, and decent enough.

Ignis of the Endless Winter by Orchid Seed: It took a lot of self-convincing for me to buy this as I'm generally quite staunchly against cast-off figures, but in the end my love for classy white dresses (that are actually being worn) won out. It's a quite nice figure, and I'm a fan of the pose, but the base and support system really needs some work. I also found the fact that the instruction paper has instructions for removing the clothing but not for setting up the base rather amusing (if not surprising).

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-004556&page=top
Bodacious Space Pirates The Movie ABYSS OF HYPERSPACE - Marika Katoh 1/8 Complete Figure(Preorder)
20%OFF7,840 JPY

Price isn't bad, but yeah, I'm not a fan of the red outfit. I like her normal black better. This is an easy pass.

I like it. The red costume looks a bit weird since I'm used to the standard black outfit, but it's cool. I like the pose as well. I think it's still a pass, though. Simple reason - can't buy them all.

kewlmyc

Hot Toys knocked it out of the park with this one, but man the price :(

Whiplash Mk II - 400
12333603244_891c20818c_b.jpg

12333157355_4b4dd160a0_o.jpg

People like Whiplash?

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-004556&page=top
Bodacious Space Pirates The Movie ABYSS OF HYPERSPACE - Marika Katoh 1/8 Complete Figure(Preorder)
20%OFF7,840 JPY

Price isn't bad, but yeah, I'm not a fan of the red outfit. I like her normal black better. This is an easy pass.

Bodacious Space Pirates is getting a movie?

meijiko

What is it with variants and their terrible colorings? Unless it's Christmas-themed or something, they almost always look awful.

gokieks

If they fixed the QC issues on that figure it'd actually be pretty decent (though still overpriced). Even putting that aside though, that recolor really is... meh.

kunonabi

Looks like my Heather was shipped and arrived at my home today. I won't be able to see until next month but at least I got her.

johnsmith

remember me
2sY8nPs.png

Took a little longer than I was expecting. Tomorrow I'm going to add some extra lights to my first setup as I didn't use enough last time.

how much was it? Thinking of waiting till aftermarket for the figure.
Ordering it straight from Goodsmile Racing's web site it was:

Subtotal ¥7,000 Shipping & Handling ¥2,500 Grand Total ¥9,500

Which came out to just over $100-110 US.

I remember paying a bit more for the 2011 and 2012 figmas due to a not-so-great exchange rate at the time.

2sY8nPs.png

Took a little longer than I was expecting. Tomorrow I'm going to add some extra lights to my first setup as I didn't use enough last time.

about how much were those?
looking to upgrade soon, my little shelf I had been using for figma has become overloaded with my 2 recent shipments.
Have a few normal shelves for my other stuff but want to get some nicer display shelves soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom