• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocBase

Too bad I can already imagine it falling apart in your hands. XD

SPEAKING OF FALLING APART...the head of that stupid Tron Sora PAK won't hold. The thing just plopped off one day when I shifted it a bit to the side of where it was standing, and I haven't been able to make it stick since then. Blaargh.

Brahs I didn't realize figma Mikasa was so tiny....

Hahaha yeah I remember this was my exact reaction when I received my first figma.
Though I've come to appreciate their size now, compared to Hot Toys they take up a lot less space so they're great to work with in numbers.

Love the cleaning Levi someone added.

lmao

So is tharja even on track for this month

Hopefully. Supposedly she was entering QC about a week or two before her original release date last month. If she's still not done, they've got problems. Maybe 99, and the bitch IS one.

Yep, the Snow Miku is being bought. Oh so very bought. Anyone in the South Bay (Torrance, CA and area) want to do a group buy to save on shipping?

What was the date for her to go up on the GSC store?

Hopefully. Supposedly she was entering QC about a week or two before her original release date last month. If she's still not done, they've got problems. Maybe 99, and the bitch IS one.

What was the date for her to go up on the GSC store?

feb 9 -17 i believe

Yep, the Snow Miku is being bought. Oh so very bought. Anyone in the South Bay (Torrance, CA and area) want to do a group buy to save on shipping?

I would if I could drive =/. Otherwise I would just have to pay you to ship it to me (northridge)

Hahaha yeah I remember this was my exact reaction when I received my first figma.
Though I've come to appreciate their size now, compared to Hot Toys they take up a lot less space so they're great to work with in numbers.

Yeah it kinda sucks for solo characters but they have so many full series it works perfectly for those.
Then you have stuff like the Eva figures who all include entry plug cockpits.
20110128a13.jpg

Save up your change for Gintoki ;P

---
Goes on Amiami to check out new figures etc... still not connected after 10mins, yep I think an One Piece figure is going up XD

I need my money in case I find some crazy expensive thing there!

I'll just wait for it to go up and consider it then. Unless it sells out or something.

Kazzy

Yeah it kinda sucks for solo characters but they have so many full series it works perfectly for those.

I finally found the Rei, which was the only one I needed to complete the set! I ended up walking into Madrake on a whim, hoping that they would have new stock. It's crazy how fast they rotate through stuff.

As luck would have it though, I'm finding it extremely difficult to put them all together - pretty much gave up!

Yes

Also update on my amiami elf cancellation: they did it with no problem.

was it combined with any other order? I thought about it but I couldn't really think of an excuse since it was combined with that month's order lol. And I didn't want to risk it since they didn't let me cancel normal melty.

johnsmith

remember me
No, it was by itself. My email just read

I am very sorry about this, but I need to cancel this order. Thank you.

They replied

Thank you for ordering with AmiAmi.

Order XXXX has been canceled as requested.

1 x Excellent Model - Dragon's Crown: Elf 1/7 Complete Figure

Order cancellation is not accepted in principle at our store, however.
While we can cancel your order this time, we would ask that you try to keep cancellations to a minimum in the future.

If you have any questions, or concerns, please feel free to contact us here.

I finally found the Rei, which was the only one I needed to complete the set! I ended up walking into Madrake on a whim, hoping that they would have new stock. It's crazy how fast they rotate through stuff.

As luck would have it though, I'm finding it extremely difficult to put them all together - pretty much gave up!
Congrats,
They are really nice Figma. Wish they would release a Shinji.

?

Bombless

Very intresting

Hair and tail seem fine.
Any word on a price ?

It's a garage kit, so chances of seeing it in PVC is slim to none. They did have 2 of their previous elins who were picked up by PVC makers but the 2nd was changed to a fucking school swimsuit version, so I'm afraid of what they'd do to this one if they picked it.

It's a garage kit, so chances of seeing it in PVC is slim to none. They did have 2 of their previous elins who were picked up by PVC makers but the 2nd was changed to a fucking school swimsuit version, so I'm afraid of what they'd do to this one if they picked it.

Dude, if they had made that second one look the same as its GK, I would have bought it. School swimsuit.... it defies logic.

johnsmith

remember me

Naw, considering this is a sculptor that's had a lot of his work mass produced, and the previous Elin sold out, I'd put the odds at 50/50 at worst.

Dude, if they had made that second one look the same as its GK, I would have bought it. School swimsuit.... it defies logic.
I'm still not convinced the swimsuit version isn't just a variant. We'll find out at wonfes for sure, I think.

george_us

Heat Blade came to day but her yellow Halo thing came "flipped" and doesn't fit on her head properly. Must have been a production error. Shame since the rest of her looks great.

For those who don't already know and are interested, black armour zero is available on amazon.com and other websites to purchase. As a Canadian it is not on amazon.ca or basically any other website so you will have to pay an import fee, but with taxes all in it was about 51 dollars. I already have type 2 zero with normal armour, so I don't know why i'm buying this exactly, but I wanted figure gaf to be proud of me :(

I caved on that Snow Miku nendo and ordered from N-Y before they sold out. It's going to be my only one though.
No seriously, it will be.

I didn't know they came with cockpits. I might actually grab these now, since they'd look more substantial in my display next to the larger figures. I don't know why I assumed the expensive Vertex sets were the only way to get an Eva cockpit.

I didn't know they came with cockpits. I might actually grab these now, since they'd look more substantial in my display next to the larger figures. I don't know why I assumed the expensive Vertex sets were the only way to get an Eva cockpit.
They are pretty nice, the cockpit even has articulation.
also the standard figma base plugs into the cockpit so you can display it up in the air and such and not just sitting at the bottom of a shelf.

I plan on giving Mari's to a Muv-Luv girl when I get around to buying them.

They are pretty nice, the cockpit even has articulation.
also the standard figma base plugs into the cockpit so you can display it up in the air and such and not just sitting at the bottom of a shelf.

I plan on giving Mari's to a Muv-Luv girl when I get around to buying them.

Being able to raise them up is a nice touch. I had a quick look to see prices and they're totally fine as well. I need to get around to arranging my collection properly with risers and all that, so I can see where they might go. It's pretty haphazard right now.

meijiko

Welp, I figured what's going in my August order...

I don't even like dolls, but I can't pass up on these. It's pretty crazy and amazing to me that they're still making CCS merch over 13 years after the anime ended.

kewlmyc

Bought Misaki at 2500 yen in December, now it's 1500 yen. Someone give me 1000 yen so I'll feel less bad when I place an order for a 2nd one:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-000373

Oh yeah some pics of the Marika figure: link
There's a lot of figures that have been in stock for months, yet aren't as heavily discounted at this one is. Why can't the Devil Survivor 2 figures be as discounted as this one is....

Just received my first broken figure ordering used.
Saber Lily's ahoge was broken off in the box.
Other than that she is an absolutely gorgeous figure.

Though for a "special" figma she could have included something extra.

LiK

Welp, I figured what's going in my August order...

I don't even like dolls, but I can't pass up on these. It's pretty crazy and amazing to me that they're still making CCS merch over 13 years after the anime ended.

are those AZONE cuz they're gonna be pretty pricey. loved CCS but gonna pass on them. i have two AZONE dolls (Haruhi and Oreimo) still sealed. might just resell them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom