• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
its based off P4A litch skin. Its actually quite popular lol

I main Litchi and I'm not a fan of how this looks on Mitsuru. Maybe it looks better in-game.

For the newer members just starting on the road to bankruptcy, here is a figure you'll need to purchase. For everyone else, Dizzy is available on AmiAmi again:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-2365-S001&page=top

Hopefully mine will arrive soon...

Damnit. Ordered.

EDIT: Oh wow. And now it's sold out. I guess maybe I got the last one? Thanks for the heads up.

javac

For the newer members just starting on the road to bankruptcy, here is a figure you'll need to purchase. For everyone else, Dizzy is available on AmiAmi again:

Is this really popular figure? Not really my type :( Plus it's kinda expensive and sold out X( I know that gets rid of like 99% of figures available to me and it's not really that expensive but I guess that's how its going to be :/ #cheaparsegaffer

javac

Tharja is the current one. If you don't have her preordered gtfo.

I was thinking about it.
I like that chunky ass
but I don't know how I'd explain owning it and it's kinda expensive but cheaper than I expected. I thought it'd be like £100+. Looks really high quality but I'd just put it in a drawer :$

johnsmith

remember me
I was thinking about it.
I like that chunky ass
but I don't know how I'd explain owning it and it's kinda expensive but cheaper than I expected. I thought it'd be like £100+. Looks really high quality but I'd just put it in a drawer :$

Because she's freaking awesome. No other explanation needed.

george_us

I was thinking about it.
I like that chunky ass
I don't think having figures on display like that is a big deal to other people. When my mom and sister came to visit, I figured they'd find it a little strange. I had Power Girl, Huntress, Velvet, and Max Factory Dark Elf on display and figured a couple of those would be a little too risqué. Turns out they really liked them though (but not how much I paid for them heh) and actually suggested I get a display case for them. Unless you have entire mountains full of figures or titty figures all over the place, it's not all that weird. Especially if people already know you're a pretty big geek and love you for it.

I think Geek culture is far more critical of itself than it needs to be at times imo.

Bandai announced they are merging D-Arts and S.H.Figuarts lines.

I was thinking about it.
I like that chunky ass
Just turn her forward when company is over, no explanation needed.

javac

Because she's freaking awesome. No other explanation needed.

Well I can't disagree with that. She looks super high quality and the second she was announced I was like :eek:

I don't think having figures on display like that is a big deal to other people. When my mom and sister came to visit, I figured they'd find it a little strange. I had Power Girl, Huntress, Velvet, and Max Factory Dark Elf on display and figured a couple of those would be a little too risqué. Turns out they really liked them though (but not how much I paid for them heh) and actually suggested I get a display case for them. Unless you have entire mountains full of figures or titty figures all over the place, it's not all that weird. Especially if people already know you're a pretty big geek and love you for it.

I think Geek culture is far more critical of itself than it needs to be at times imo.

I keep telling myself that. My family think I'm weird for buying games and anime/movies so this would make me look like a freakazoid lmao. I've had my dad walk in while I was marathoning Ghibli a while ago and he's like "watching your baby movies again?" lol I just think fuck it. 100 times better than the crap he watches but whatever. The Tharja figure looks really cool but anything lewd-ish is a pass from me. I didn't mind the Noriko figure because I love her too much that anyone who says anything about her to my face can kiss my backside >:D

I bet you lot think I'm a bloody weirdo lol. Everything is too expensive this and I don't like that. £50 is a great price but 20% VAT and handling fees on top and I already have too much to buy. Fuck I bet this is borderline thread shitting or something at this point. I like figures...but I guess figures aren't my thing...I'm interested in this however! £31. I mean even that seems a lot of money to me but it looks cool and I doubt I would beat that price. Maybe...

CxPZmhp.jpg

LiK

Heather arrived yesterday. Didn't open the box yet but looked brought the box window and she looks gorgeous already.

The Tharja figure looks really cool but anything lewd-ish is a pass from me. I didn't mind the Noriko figure because I love her too much that anyone who says anything about her to my face can kiss my backside >:D

That should be your attitude about everything you enjoy. You like what you like, and you shouldn't avoid things that interest you because of what other people might think. After high school, none of that shit really has any bearing on your social life.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Well I can't disagree with that. She looks super high quality and the second she was announced I was like :eek:

I keep telling myself that. My family think I'm weird for buying games and anime/movies so this would make me look like a freakazoid lmao. I've had my dad walk in while I was marathoning Ghibli a while ago and he's like "watching your baby movies again?" lol I just think fuck it. 100 times better than the crap he watches but whatever. The Tharja figure looks really cool but anything lewd-ish is a pass from me. I didn't mind the Noriko figure because I love her too much that anyone who says anything about her to my face can kiss my backside >:D

I bet you lot think I'm a bloody weirdo lol. Everything is too expensive this and I don't like that. £50 is a great price but 20% VAT and handling fees on top and I already have too much to buy. Fuck I bet this is borderline thread shitting or something at this point. I like figures...but I guess figures aren't my thing...I'm interested in this however! £31. I mean even that seems a lot of money to me but it looks cool and I doubt I would beat that price. Maybe...

No worries, man. Everyone's buying criteria and tastes are different. Folks are just trying to tell you why you shouldn't care what certain people think and the general social stigma may not be as pronounced as it seems.

If you've got figures, figures are your thing. Don't need to justify it to anyone. I think Tharja can work pretty well for more conservative people because her level of decency is directly related to the angle you choose to display her.

I just saw this up on AmiAmi.com:
FIGURE-004604_05.jpg
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-004604

I don't know anything about the source, but I think it's really pretty. The color scheme plus face and hair are really appealing.

EDIT: Oh God, I just saw it was Griffon. They'll ruin her.

LiK

That should be your attitude about everything you enjoy. You like what you like, and you shouldn't avoid things that interest you because of what other people might think. After high school, none of that shit really has any bearing on your social life.

Yup, just hide the lewd figures in the closet like me. Take them out for those special nights.

javac

I agree. I guess I'm not capable of doing so. Bound by these shackles I am and I'll never be free.
Poetic

No worries, man. Everyone's buying criteria and tastes are different. Folks are just trying to tell you why you shouldn't care what certain people think and the general social stigma may not be as pronounced as it seems.

If you've got figures, figures are your thing. Don't need to justify it to anyone. I think Tharja can work pretty well for more conservative people because her level of decency is directly related to the angle you choose to display her.

Yeah I guess I'm just going to stick to mechs and whatnot. I just can't pull myself to get a figure like Tharja. Everyone has a preference but I know for a fact nobody chooses not to get a figure because of embarrassment or fear of being mocked apart from me. Kind of the story of my life really. Cartoons, anime, video games. It's all the same. Fear of being judged and laughed at. I shouldn't feel that way but...I do.

I'll never be happy this way. Shaping myself to fit an arbitrary ideal but I guess that's the way I'm going to be for a long time. Gaf is the only place I truly get to talk like this and I mean really look at me. Being all melodramatic. Very silly really. This thread is fun and happy and I'm like depressed lol. I guess once I receive my Buster Machine 7 figure (which looks alright I guess) I'll look into the Gunbuster figure and what happens from then onwards happens. Feel bad for missing out on the Tharja figure and I know for a fact it's going to be OOS forever but that's life I guess. Live and learn.

Yup, just hide the lewd figures in the closet like me. Take them out for those special nights.

Special nights...I wonder what constitutes as such? :eek:

Sorry johnsmith for bumping your beautiful thread with my long stupid posts. I'll hush now and the thread can resume as usual. I'll post Nono when I get her :)

RMI

Banned
I'll never be happy this way. Shaping myself to fit an arbitrary ideal but I guess that's the way I'm going to be for a long time.

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? A lot of these types of insecurities just fly out the fucking window as you grow up. I used to be pretty shy about talking to people about my interests, but now I'll straight up tell anyone who asks that I'm into D&D and fucking anime and video games and all kinds of dumb shit. Of course that's not all there is to me, I'm also into a lot of "normal" stuff like cooking and outdoors stuff and fitness, so I guess if you're going to force yourself to try and fit some ideal you shouldn't hide what you like, but just try and be more well-rounded if you're really worried about what people think.

johnsmith

remember me
I agree. I guess I'm not capable of doing so. Bound by these shackles I am and I'll never be free.
Poetic

Yeah I guess I'm just going to stick to mechs and whatnot. I just can't pull myself to get a figure like Tharja. Everyone has a preference but I know for a fact nobody chooses not to get a figure because of embarrassment or fear of being mocked apart from me. Kind of the story of my life really. Cartoons, anime, video games. It's all the same. Fear of being judged and laughed at. I shouldn't feel that way but...I do.

I'll never be happy this way. Shaping myself to fit an arbitrary ideal but I guess that's the way I'm going to be for a long time. Gaf is the only place I truly get to talk like this and I mean really look at me. Being all melodramatic. Very silly really. This thread is fun and happy and I'm like depressed lol. I guess once I receive my Buster Machine 7 figure (which looks alright I guess) I'll look into the Gunbuster figure and what happens from then onwards happens. Feel bad for missing out on the Tharja figure and I know for a fact it's going to be OOS forever but that's life I guess. Live and learn.

Special nights...I wonder what constitutes as such? :eek:

Sorry johnsmith for bumping your beautiful thread with my long stupid posts. I'll hush now and the thread can resume as usual. I'll post Nono when I get her :)

Your feelings are completely normal. Go check out the blog posts on http://myfigurecollection.net/ Tons of people share your feelings. I had similar feelings at first, but I don't care anymore. Most of my friends and family know about them and its not a big deal. But I also don't really talk to most of them about them or post them on Facebook because most people aren't interested. But between this thread and a few of my geekier friends I don't have a problem finding people to talk to about this awesome hobby.

Is this really popular figure? Not really my type :( Plus it's kinda expensive and sold out X( I know that gets rid of like 99% of figures available to me and it's not really that expensive but I guess that's how its going to be :/ #cheaparsegaffer

Dizzy has gone through a couple of re-prints and was close to 20K yen on the aftermarket beofre the current re-release. And she looks MUCH better in person (a couple of people here in the office have her).

As for expense, welcome to Figure-GAF! And say "farewell" to financial solvency...

But yeah, it's a painfully expensive hobby at times.

Lately it feels like Kongiku is the "welcome to the club" figure.

Because she was more or less available. Kongiku is nice (she's sitting on my desk right now), but honestly, I think the the Dizzy sculpt is superior.

RMI

Banned
Surprised Dizzy sold out again so quickly. Mine is on the way along with Kongiku. I just got a new shelf and already it's going to be filling up! . Should have my Nuclear Fusion Rin any day now too. It just made it to NY today.

I bought a dizzy from a member on gaf. 90-95 at the time before the re-release was announced. Even though it has a scratch on the tail, I still love it. Its one of the best looking figures.

Though putting it together can be quite nerve wrecking since one wing is heavier than the figure itself lol.

Bandai announced they are merging D-Arts and S.H.Figuarts lines.

Figured when Lucario was listed as S.H.Figuarts.

Never got why they were ever separate even their description page confuses themselves XD

Ah a fellow UK GAFer? Welcome =D http://www.nippon-yasan.com/ Come on over Nippon-Yasan is perfect for us Euro/English figure GAFers ;P (they mark down prices) and Tharja ain't lewd lol especially compared to other figures XD

javac

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? A lot of these types of insecurities just fly out the fucking window as you grow up. I used to be pretty shy about talking to people about my interests, but now I'll straight up tell anyone who asks that I'm into D&D and fucking anime and video games and all kinds of dumb shit. Of course that's not all there is to me, I'm also into a lot of "normal" stuff like cooking and outdoors stuff and fitness, so I guess if you're going to force yourself to try and fit some ideal you shouldn't hide what you like, but just try and be more well-rounded if you're really worried about what people think.

I bet your all going to think I'm really young if I tell you or something
or maybe I'm overestimating the average age here since you're all sensible enough and seem mature :p
but I guess I could say...but I rather not. Sorry :)

I actually have quite a few lewd figures. Cat Lap says hello

Ha that looks pretty cool! A true ice breaker if I must say! "Yo have you seen my cat?"

Your feelings are completely normal. Go check out the blog posts on http://myfigurecollection.net/ Tons of people share your feelings. I had similar feelings at first, but I don't care anymore. Most of my friends and family know about them and its not a big deal. But I also don't really talk to most of them about them or post them on Facebook because most people aren't interested. But between this thread and a few of my geekier friends I don't have a problem finding people to talk to about this awesome hobby.

Yeah you're right. I guess I'll just give it time. Stick to what I know and see how it goes. I don't mind being myself. If you see me you'd think I'm normal enough...if a bit introverted but I always hang around with my friends at uni and have a laugh. My friends know all about my love for anime and I've gotten my friends into it too! Introducing them to Bebop and Ghibli and whatnot. They know I love video games too! I bring my 3DS into uni and I've made friends just talking about video games! I actually introduced a guy I've become good friends with recently to Kid Icarus and we always chat about Zelda.

I'm not ashamed of who I am and I know when to be what society deems to be 'normal' but figures have always been something I was hesitant about. Well I've already started buying them so I'm going to buy more as the years go by anyways but I think I'm going to be really slow about it.

It sounds weird but I'm at the stage where I feel I have to buy things I purchase in order of importance and I guess I mentally put video games at the top followed by movies/anime so as long as I have a video game that I want to buy I'd rather put the £30 towards that. For example £80 for the Bravely Default collectors edition? Sure! (haven't even started it yet and I got it day one!) but £30 for a figure? I have to think about that ...and oh crap it's out of stock now! :p

And she looks MUCH better in person (a couple of people here in the office have her).

Sounds like a place I'd like to work! I've never seen the show or heard of her tbh. Usually I'd go for a character/show I feel emotionally attached to but if I see something good I guess I could buy first and watch later! :p

Ah a fellow UK GAFer? Welcome =D http://www.nippon-yasan.com/ Come on over Nippon-Yasan is perfect for us Euro/English figure GAFers ;P (they mark down prices) and Tharja ain't lewd lol especially compared to other figures XD

I've looked into that store. I didn't know they mark stuff down :O Is it something you request? I'll look into it if that is the case! Thank you!

I've looked into that store. I didn't know they mark stuff down :O Is it something you request? I'll look into it if that is the case! Thank you!
Yeah they'll automatically mark down products for you, no need to ask them ala BiginJapan, I love using them because you can also easily cancel from them by putting in the comment field you'd like to cancel the order.

So kinda of best of both worlds kind of thing going on through them.

kewlmyc

You shut your filthy mouth.

You can't make me!!! I grew up with the Teen Titans animated series, it's what I'm accustomed to.

Also, do we know if Koto plans on making the Street Fighter X Bishoujo thing an actual series? I would love an Ibuki figure, but the only good one that exist right now is around $120.

You can't make me!!! I grew up with the Teen Titans animated series, it's what I'm accustomed to.

Go read some of the Teen Titans comics from the 80's and 90's. You'll find a new appreciation for Starfire.

Also, do we know if Koto plans on making the Street Fighter X Bishoujo thing an actual series? I would love an Ibuki figure, but the only good one that exist right now is around $120.

They made Chun-Li, and Cammy, with Juri on the way. It's a safe assumption it's a series. I think the Mass Effect line is getting the axe after the next figure, though.

I hadn't planned on getting Starfire but...crud.

What I'm seeing looks verrry nice.

You kinda have to buy her. Bishoujos are what brought you to the dance. And besides, paying $60 for a figure is a nice break from paying $80-$90. XD

RocBase

My Kuroko came, such a good one to add, cant wait to get a few more Kurobas! Kise and Aomine and Akashi...
Whooo he finally made it! Really cute looking guy. Hell your whole shelf is rocking cute guys, from the Free! posters and all lol.

I think it looks straight up ass myself, can't get my head around the hype at all. Then again I generally don't care for most of the popular figures.

Heather arrived yesterday. Didn't open the box yet but looked brought the box window and she looks gorgeous already.
Yeah from the pictures I've seen she looks fantastic, suddenly I'm second-guessing my original decision to pass as I didn't think I liked her enough to pay the asking price.
Does anyone have all the SH figures by Gecco? Would be nice to see them all together, I haven't come across any on MFC yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom