• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, looks cheaper. Probably cheaper to make too without the fancy lil curve in the window part. I tend to toss the boxes so not a huge deal to me.

Oh, some I really don't care for like all the Haruhi boxes and such.
but I love others like Okabe and Kurisu's box design, so its a little sad.

New box looks like revoltech or something.

Anyone interested in my D-Arts Rock Man? Complete with box, all parts. Was on display the whole time so everything is pretty minty. $25 including shipping to US?

I also have a McFarlane Halo 4 Master Chief, Series 1. No box, just the fig and assault rifle. Also was on display the whole time so pretty minty. $8 including shipping to US?

Pics of either can be provided. off to ebay if no takers by the end of the week

quoting for last call. these go up on ebay probably Sat afternoon if no takers

RMI

Banned
Nuclear Fusion Rin showed up this morning. The SAL shipments are trickling in :)

I don't really mind the new Figma boxes. They just go in the closet after I take the figure out anyway. I kind of prefer the shape of these even if the actual box is kind of plain looking.

I display my figma in front of their boxes so this is disappointing.

maybe you or someone can answer this: on the inside of the figma boxes is a square piece of the cardboard that can be punched out. has anyone done this? what do you do with it, exactly? Put it behind the fig or under the stand?

Oh man,
Im not a fan of these new figma hand joints either.

Jeez Mikasa is just a major disappointment for me all around.

maybe you or someone can answer this: on the inside of the figma boxes is a square piece of the cardboard that can be punched out. has anyone done this? what do you do with it, exactly? Put it behind the fig or under the stand?
Its for the optional Di-stages.
53366_s1.jpg

base.jpg

So far, I'm pretty excited about a few of the previews.

Arcadia Bayonetta - FUCK YES (but I know this one is going to cost us all dearly. She looks like she's at least 1/6 scale)

Starfire bishoujo - FUCK YES (Though the gems on her costume being painted instead of actual transparent red gems glued on is a minor disappointment)

Psychic - FUCK YES

The GSC painted Mikasa preview, though.... Very underwhelmed. I don't know if its the dull coloring muting my excitement, but I'm just not too excited about her compared to the others. Depending on how the whole thing looks, I may just pass on all of the Attack on Titan figs until they release figures of actual titans.

Max Factory teasers and probable answers:

GSCs:

Glad to see we'll be expecting a draft for Aoba! I still have yet to watch KLK so I'll hold off on buying any figures from it. Little disappointed that Sakura's Nendoroid isn't in GSC's teasers. Hoping they'd at least show a draft at this WonFes.

chrono01

Wow, so much news! Where to start?

Bayonetta [Arcadia] - Damn it, now they announce that they're still releasing it, along with painted photographs? If I had known, I would have held off on purchasing Phat Company's version. I don't dislike it, but I much prefer the pose chosen by Arcadia.

I might have to double-dip, depending on the price. :/

Psychic [Max Factory] - Just take my money, already. Please. I need her.

Sansei Muramasa [Wing] - Need I say more?

I'll wait to see more about GSC's Mikasa, and [hopefully] MF's Ryuuko, before I pass judgement.

I'm not sure whether I'll pre-order Mario's Figurarts are not. I want him, but I'd feel compelled to purchase the additional sets too [to recreate 1-1], and to do-so, I'm looking around 5,000 yen [I'm trying to cut back]. ~_~

Bombless

Bayonetta [Arcadia] - Damn it, now they announce that they're still releasing it, along with painted photographs? If I had known, I would have held off on purchasing Phat Company's version. I don't dislike it, but I much prefer the pose chosen by Arcadia.

Sansei Muramasa [Wing] - Need I say more?

I'll wait to see more about GSC's Mikasa, and [hopefully] MF's Ryuuko, before I pass judgement.

I'm not sure whether I'll pre-order Mario's Figurarts are not. I want him, but I'd feel compelled to purchase the additional sets too [to recreate 1-1], and to do-so, I'm looking around 5,000 yen [I'm trying to cut back]. ~_~

I think we got ourselves our 2014 motto (and OT2 Subtitle when we get there).

Good luck with that endeavour Chrono-kun! (I know I'm trying my darnest to do so)

chrono01

I think we got ourselves our 2014 motto (and OT2 Subtitle when we get there).

Good luck with that endeavour Chrono-kun! (I know I'm trying my darnest to do so)
Yeah, thanks. Best of luck to you too!

I always tell myself that I'm cutting back, but then Wonderfes [or another Figure/Hobby exhibition] comes around...

It will never work. :/

I really have to pat myself on the back for not caving on Phat's Bayonetta. There were some things that didn't look perfect to me, and the price was a bit up-there for a figure I wasn't totally in love with. This one was all me. I resisted, even with all of you enablers pushing me. But man, Arcadia's version is HUGE. I expect the price to be as well, but shit. I really can't say no. Arcadia is quality.

EDIT: oh, and I just saw the preview of WING's Muramasa. SOLD. I love her. Now gimme my waifu.
As for Psychic, yeah. I'll buy any 7D figures that Max Factory puts out. I'm mainlining that shit.

meijiko

I guess I'm lucky none of the teasers have caught my eye yet. Only thing I've seen so far that I want is a GK, so that's probably not happening. :(

kewlmyc

Only really looking forward to Mikasa out of all the previews I've seen. Had no idea the 7th Dragoon 2020 series was so popular though.

johnsmith

remember me
Every 7th Dragon 2020 figure is an instant preorder. I have complete confidence in Max Factory and Shining Wizard. Neither has let me down so far.

So Max Factory scales are the cream of the crop? Even better than Alter and GSC?

The Samurai one looks cool at least. Not willing to pay 22k yen though.

I put Max Factory at the very top. The quality is better, but what really puts them over the top are the better poses and bases.

chrono01

So Max Factory scales are the cream of the crop? Even better than Alter and GSC?

The Samurai one looks cool at least. Not willing to pay 22k yen though.
Better than GSC, in my honest opinion, and at/near the quality of Alter. Their recent Momo is perfect, an absolute re-production of the prototype.

Max Factory is great, and is among my top two figure manufacturers [the other being Alter].

george_us

Only Max Factory figure I own right now is the Dark Elf but she's an incredible figure. If I can track down the brown skin version for a decent price I'll probably grab that as well.

chrono01

So, just out of curiosity... did Shining Wizard take the name after the wrestling move? Because it is a pretty awesome move.
He took the name since every one of his creations is a "shining" example of what figures should be, and so incredible that only a "wizard", with the usage of various magic(s), could create them.

Not really, just guessing.

Bombless

He took the name since every one of his creations is a "shining" example of what figures should be, and so incredible that only a "wizard", with the usage of various magic(s), could create them.

Not really, just guessing.

I like to think it's engrish for "White Mage".

MoosiferX

I just saw the new design for figma boxes over figma #200
Who the hell thought that was a good redesign?
From

To

What happened?
I display my figma in front of their boxes so this is disappointing.

Just got in the Amy (from Gargantia) Figma at my store, and I was super disappointed with the new packaging. Not necessarily because of the minimalistic coloring, but mostly because the box itself is bigger and I can only fit 1 of it on our shelving units instead of 2, like I could with the original style Figmas.

Also, I don't know why I've never noticed this thread before! I want to go home and share pictures of my figure setups... :3

Awesome thread!

Bombless

So yeah, I was looking at Arcadia's Bayonetta, and the size makes me think she's 1/5. I'd be shocked if she'll be sold under 200$.

Still worth it.

Hm, I'm a sucker for dark skin figures. I shouldn't though, considering I know diddly squat about the character.

I like characters with different skin colors (whether that's brown or blue) simply because they stand out in a sea of white skin + blue/brown-eyed characters. It's not a race thing, I'm white myself. It's just that you hardly ever see figures of characters that have a different skin tone.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Eh most figures I have were bought because they looked dope.

Yeah but considering how many great figures there are of characters I actually know, I should probably show some discipline. Maybe that'll change with the full reveal.

I like characters with different skin colors (whether that's brown or blue) simply because they stand out in a sea of white skin + blue/brown-eyed characters. It's not a race thing, I'm white myself. It's just that you hardly ever see figures of characters that have a different skin tone.

Oh, yeah, it's not a race thing at all. Darker or tanned skin and white hair is just really striking and appealing on anime characters. It always catches my eye.

javac

So I was told Nippon-Yasan mark prices down in regards to import duty/VAT. In the instance that I want to purchase multiple items should I purchase them separately or together when I add them to my cart and would it make a difference? I'm guessing if I get them together the subtotal would be on the packaging and thus a higher price but separately will help? Thanks in advance for any help and sorry if I worded it weird or I'm being dumb/asking a stupid question.

So I was told Nippon-Yasan mark prices down in regards to import duty/VAT. In the instance that I want to purchase multiple items should I purchase them separately or together when I add them to my cart and would it make a difference? I'm guessing if I get them together the subtotal would be on the packaging and thus a higher price but separately will help? Thanks in advance for any help and sorry if I worded it weird or I'm being dumb/asking a stupid question.

separate order is best. Nobody is going to believe that a box that is like 3 feet wide and tall is worth 30 bucks lol

javac

separate order is best. Nobody is going to believe that a box that is like 3 feet wide and tall is worth 30 bucks lol

Haha exactly what I was thinking. I guess I thought they might send them separately :p Thanks for the help.

I've think I've decided to pre-order Thanja and I'm getting the Super Robot Chogokin Gunbuster and the Super Robot Chogokin Gurren Lagann :$

8,520¥ For tharja and 4,500¥ each for the two mechs seems ok right?

Haha exactly what I was thinking. I guess I thought they might send them separately :p Thanks for the help.

I've think I've decided to pre-order Thanja and I'm getting the Super Robot Chogokin Gunbuster and the Super Robot Chogokin Gurren Lagann :$

8,520¥ For tharja and 4,500¥ each for the two mechs seems ok right?

tharja sounds fine. Iono about the others so no idea.

Bombless

I ordered once through N-Y, the Kirino/Asuna figmas. They came with a marked down note (1000JPY), but the belgian customs opened the package and said "Fuck that.". They blocked the package and sent me a letter asking for the bill + payment receipt. Once I provided that they released it. The whole thing added quite a few days to the delivery.

Nippon-Yasan offers a new delivery service they claim will not incur handling fees (but you'll pay the tax) for Europe, but I haven't checked it yet, nor do I know the price difference and/or whether it's worth it.

javac

tharja sounds fine. Iono about the others so no idea.

Thanks. I can't find them cheaper really so I think I'm happy with the price. Will see how it goes!

I ordered once through N-Y, the Kirino/Asuna figmas. They came with a marked down note (1000JPY), but the belgian customs opened the package and said "Fuck that.". They blocked the package and sent me a letter asking for the bill + payment receipt. Once I provided that they released it. The whole thing added quite a few days to the delivery.

Nippon-Yasan offers a new delivery service they claim will not incur handling fees (but you'll pay the tax) for Europe, but I haven't checked it yet, nor do I know the price difference and/or whether it's worth it.

Wow the sounds like a shitty time :( I did hear about the new delivery they have but I heard it's expensive lol. I normally go for the cheaper deliveries. I'll have a look into it however if it saves me money overall. Thanks!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Newcomer here to FigureGAF and I just wanted to say you guys weren't kidding when you were saying Kotobukiya is the gateway drug to figure collection. Just got my Kotobukiya Chun-li figure a few days ago and the excitement caused me to pre-order Kotobukiya's Jun Kazama (Tekken) and Cammy (Street Fighter). Already on the hunt for Asuka Kazama & Christie Monteiro (Tekken). RIP my wallet but thank you for the amazing and informative OT.

Newcomer here to FigureGAF and I just wanted to say you guys weren't kidding when you were saying Kotobukiya is the gateway drug to figure collection. Just got my Kotobukiya Chun-li figure a few days ago and the excitement caused me to pre-order Kotobukiya's Jun Kazama (Tekken) and Cammy (Street Fighter). Already on the hunt for Asuka Kazama & Christie Monteiro (Tekken). RIP my wallet but thank you for the amazing and informative OT.

if you live in the USA you should never preorder bishoujo.

you can get most bishoujo a few months after American release on Amazon for like 40 bucks with free shipping Xiaoyu is currently 51 bucks free shipping. Wait a few and she'll be like 40-45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom