• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deprive

So since we are a few hours away, is there anything that HASN'T been announced that you want to be announced here?

I want a Rebellion Homura figure to go along with the Ultimate Madoka figure.

I expect to see a pvc, nendo, and figma of Rebellion Homura.

Hopefully a pvc of Esdese. Since I think Akame ga Kill is getting an anime this year. I think anyway.

So they decided to go with white...

*sigh* God dammit, Japan. Can you guys try NOT being creepy pervs for ten minutes?

That Sansei Muramasa figure is looking mighty nice. Can't wait to see how her face turned out.

The face looked a bit lacking in features on the sculpt (simple nose, really simple mouth), but I'm hoping she cleans up nice with the paintjob. If not, there are still what? Three other figures of her to choose from?

george_us

So they decided to go with white...
emot-stare.gif

So since we are a few hours away, is there anything that HASN'T been announced that you want to be announced here?

I want a Rebellion Homura figure to go along with the Ultimate Madoka figure.

Log Horizon - anything
Blue Steel - Figma
Witch Craft Works - statues and Figma
More Nintendo Figma(Zero Suit Samus, Zelda, TP or OoT Link, Marth painted, Ike, Chrom)
More from previous Figma series (Steins;Gate, Fate, etc)

WolfStark

Kotobukiya showed a new artwork:
1622669_811558485527216_254010858_n.jpg

I like Nina but it starts to look like half of the Tekken Bishoujos has a pose like that. I would have prefered the original artwork, with a fully clothed Nina. Well, at least that will save me some money.^^

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

I like Nina but it starts to look like half of the Tekken Bishoujos has a pose like that. I would have prefered the original artwork, with a fully clothed Nina. Well, at least that will save me some money.^^

I figured it would be her. Will buy.

Bombless

Hnng Nina. In Shunya I trust.

Ryuuroden

Yeah, detolf units are what most everyone went with, but they seem to be getting pretty scarce. I've got two. If I could find any locally, I'd buy two more. Some of us are finding alternate solutions.

I'm going to be going with this and two of these the next time I get down to Ikea.

Edit: meijiko posted a pic of what billy bookcases look like [much] earlier in the thread. There's a detolf in the shot, too. For comparison.

I plan on getting 2 detolfs, 1 for my Nanoha series figures and 1 for my other big ticket figures like olivia, elf, and ultimate madoka. Then I will get a billy for the rest. I was having trouble finding that particular billy combo shown in that picture on the website. So if anyone knows where to find those plain glass doors without any design on them and no wood frame around them, please link.

Edit: if those are the links, forget my request. I tried checking them but they didn't work on my phone. Ill check when I get home .

Bombless

I plan on getting 2 detolfs, 1 for my Nanoha series figures and 1 for my other big ticket figures like olivia, elf, and ultimate madoka. Then I will get a billy for the rest. I was having trouble finding that particular billy combo shown in that picture on the website. So if anyone knows where to find those plain glass doors without any design on them and no wood frame around them, please link.

Edit: if those are the links, forget my request. I tried checking them but they didn't work on my phone. Ill check when I get home .

Yeah it's this model. The Morebo Glass doors actually have a backpanel, you can choose not to install that in order to keep the glass clear like in Mejiko's picture.

Hm. I thought they were supposed to wait until NYTF to announce the new Tekken bishoujo. Good thing it's Nina. She should have been, like, the first Tekken figure. I was beginning to think no one at Koto has never played a Tekken game.

Soul Calibur figures. Particularly Hilde, Nightmare, and Tira.

Oh man, if they had a regular Julia Chang figure I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I'll raise you a Talim, Sophitia, and Seung Mina Bishojou and a F4F Nightmare statue
a man can dream

They're produced en masse (the models, not sure about the quantities) so there's bound to be issues. I have to admit she's rather original for a swimsuit figure, but if you're into the character and the swimsuit isn't really necessary I'd go for the figma. Or wait a bit, there might be scaled figs announced of her at WonFes.

Huh. Looking at Mitsuru's recolour...clever use of paint to make her appear different...except the "flesh" has cloth wrinkles in some spots lol.

Lol good catch. It looks really nice though. I was going to get it but that's a pretty big issue to overlook for something priced so high. Guess it's going to be a pass for me because I don't have the skills to sand+repaint it the wrinkles

The thing about detolfs are that where figures like Godoka and Olivia are concerned, each one of those is going to take a shelf all to themselves (this is also the case for Insane Black Rock Shooter). That's half the detolf gone already. It'll look great if you don't mind that, though.

And yes, the doors I linked you to are the right ones. The doors are glass, but have a removable panel if you want the glass to be transparent. Keep in mind, if you want a billy bookcase that isn't white, all of the other colors cost an extra $20.

Bombless

I'll raise you a Talim, Sophitia, and Seung Mina Bishojou and a F4F Nightmare statue
a man can dream

Lol good catch. It looks really nice though. I was going to get it but that's a pretty big issue to overlook for something priced so high. Guess it's going to be a pass for me because I don't have the skills to sand+repaint it the wrinkles

Plastikitty thinks it's supposed to be a flesh coloured/transparent clothing. The paint does look shinier than the face itself, but my initial impression was that she was showing skin. I can't unsee it now. I will say that the red coat is looks a bit better than the white, but still looks damn low quality to me.

Ryuuroden

The thing about detolfs are that where figures like Godoka and Olivia are concerned, each one of those is going to take a shelf all to themselves (this is also the case for Insane Black Rock Shooter). That's half the detolf gone already. It'll look great if you don't mind that, though.

And yes, the doors I linked you to are the right ones. The doors are glass, but have a removable panel if you want the glass to be transparent. Keep in mind, if you want a billy bookcase that isn't white, all of the other colors cost an extra $20.

well I want the detolfs for displaying single figure per shelf pretty much cause of where they are going, the billy is for mass display. So pretty much Detolf is for my premium figures, the ones I want in my Living Room. I am more of a quality over quantity guy. The more stuff you mass together, the more cluttered and messy it looks. Its why I actually loved that custom figure wall that someone in here posted a while ago that had sliding doors on the bottom half that could store figures for rotation.

george_us

AmiAmi still has her on back-order. BBTS gets her next month, which I went for because I don't really wanna pay shipping from Japan on her.
I found her on Amazon but her asking price is a little high. Cheapest I've seen her is $73 plus shipping. Hopefully she'll be around the 60 or less mark by March.

kewlmyc

i just linked that sonico fig to a friend. She said it was kind of cute. I wonder...is it only bad if you aren't naive lol.
I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be. She has a piece of cake in her hand, so it's obvious where the white cream came for. Not really tasteless unless you make it out to be due to the nature of the character. Kinda reminds me of my niece when she eats anything. You guys are treating it as it it's that Loli basketball figure posted a while back, which was fucked up.

i just linked that sonico fig to a friend. She said it was kind of cute. I wonder...is it only bad if you aren't naive lol.

I think so, because I just showed it to someone who doesn't collect figures, and she thought it was adorable. We must already be tainted by Japan's perverseness.

Bombless

I think so, because I just showed it to someone who doesn't collect figures, and she thought it was adorable. We must already be tainted by Japan's perverseness.

It's just that, when you know the context of this figure, ie the younger self of a girl shown in the skimpiest outfits and the most lewd positions, you can't help but make that association. I'm fairly sure it looks cute as hell for everyone else.

Edit : That elin : loli + camel toe + skimpy outfit + tears = pass

Woo. Got this from ptown in the b/s/t thread.

GHSfQtG.png

Woooow, nice pick-up. How much did it cost you!!!!!

edit:
I hate you x_x I had messaged him about it too, but you beat me to it ;_;
lol I know how you feel because I know how hard it is to come by those TAS figures these days. Most of this thread doesn't realize how expensive they are on the aftermarket lol :p

0_0 a koto Metal Gear Rex kit for 80$

I just saw a new pic of Mara alongside Jaina which makes me want the piece even more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom