• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven777

Alter Mikan preorder from tomorrow.
145s4nen04.jpg

The face seem better than the shots from WF, but it still seems weird.

StayDead

Mikan <3

I've never got an alter figure before and this one is incredibly tempting but I think I better hold off since a) it'll probably be expensive and b) I don't have any room. :(

Bombless

Hobby Search sent me an email this morning stating that Kazuno was opened for preorders again. The Horizon line is pretty pricey, too pricey for this time of the year with all the delayed releases. I hope that, like Futayo, she will remain in stock long enough for me to get her (ideally June or later). I hope Koto's Tomo will follow suit.

And just a friendly reminder that Arcadia will own your soul sometime next year...

Only pic where Mikan's face looks off to me is the last one on Alter's blog. As for the pose, hm, used to seeing more vertical poses. Gotta show off with pride. Maybe if some props were added to add some elevation, it'd look better.

And just a friendly reminder that Arcadia will own your soul sometime next year...

*Pic of Bayonetta*

Would prefer if she had short hair; don't want.

*Runs*

I was hoping there are going to be new rozen maiden figure(not nendoroid) because of the new anime. I guess there will be none this year. :(

Despite being very good, the show didn't do well unfortunately :(

So I found out Koto is doing a Mikasa along with their Eren and Levi. Am I crazy for deciding to go with Koto over GSC? I want all 3 from the same company, and Koto seems to be the best hope for that right now, but I hate the little golden peg that GSC is using to keep her in the air.

I'm surprised people seem down on GSC Mikasa. She's really dynamic without looking awkward and her face is suitably cool and dramatic. Even the outfit/equipment looks pretty slick in isolation, rather than samey when surrounded by the rest of the cast. Kiking's sculpts in general really stand out to me, and I'm glad GSC has him do this type of stuff. I might end up buying Mikasa, despite only making it about halfway through Titan before dropping it.

Regarding the metal peg, I have GSCs 1/7 Saber Triumphant Excalibur, which has the same thing and I'm happy with how that looks in my display.

This is not to say everyone else has to like her, it's just interesting and/or weird to me that I'm the one that does, against all odds.

So finally finished Attack on Titan, kinda sad that the few characters that i'd actually care for figures of don't have even a remote chance(Hanji, Jean, Sasha, Annie )

LiK

Got GSC shop to combine my WonFes preorders. Was told to simply reorder the same stuff together and they canceled the previous ones. Was pretty easy and their English staff was spot on. I guess they hired someone who's actually fluent or a native English speaker.

Checked N-Y? They seem to have a lot of hard to find Nendos in stock or up for preorder usually.

Even the second batch is already sold out on there -_-

Oh well I only just started really paying attention to this stuff. Maybe I will get lucky when it releases.

LiK

Even the second batch is already sold out on there -_-

Oh well I only just started really paying attention to this stuff. Maybe I will get lucky when it releases.

Sign up to be notified in that product page on N-Y. It works pretty well. I managed to get a sold out item on their site when they restocked it once.

Sign up to be notified in that product page on N-Y. It works pretty well. I managed to get a sold out item on their site when they restocked it once.

Thanks I will do that. Same with the Figma figure of her, if I can get one of them I will be happy.

! Play Asia has the Figma up for preorder. A little pricier but I may just bite.

RMI

Banned
So finally finished Attack on Titan, kinda sad that the few characters that i'd actually care for figures of don't have even a remote chance(Hanji, Jean, Sasha, Annie )

Annie seems pretty likely, TBH. I wouldn't hold out too much hope for Hanji and Sasha though.

KONGIKU arrived today. Thanks again Chrono for the restock tip on this one! very excited!!!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I just finished Persona 4 Golden yesterday and I'm looking to get some figures. Since I'm late to the bandwagon, a lot of stuff has sold out by now. What's the likelihood they'll be coming out with new figures/figmas from that line? Has that ship sailed or might Ultimax Supex Hold inspire a new product line? I know that some Elizabeths and some Labrys are coming out, but I was thinking more about the original cast + Marie.

Some Beach Queens are coming out, but everyone here seems to dislike them.

We did get a name change to
Lucina
now. So progress!
Slow, slow progress XD, bet they are testing the Fire Emblem merchandise with Tharja first, but seems preorders are promising with them having intentions on making a Cordelia one.
Ugh! A Chrono Trigger anything would be great. We had those Plays Arts figures a long time ago, but aside from that...nothing. :(

We did get an update of the Marth figma. Well, a slight one. They changed the name to [Fire Emblem Awakening spoilers]
Lucina
, which makes more sense. Aside from that, though, nothing else.
Chrono Trigger seems like it'll never get anything now T-T, unless a new title comes out but current Square-Enix...I'd rather they leave it alone.
I just finished Persona 4 Golden yesterday and I'm looking to get some figures. Since I'm late to the bandwagon, a lot of stuff has sold out by now. What's the likelihood they'll be coming out with new figures/figmas from that line? Has that ship sailed or might Ultimax Supex Hold inspire a new product line? I know that some Elizabeths and some Labrys are coming out, but I was thinking more about the original cast + Marie.

Some Beach Queens are coming out, but everyone here seems to dislike them.

From what it seems the figures and stuff didn't sold as well as they thought especially with an anime backing up the merchandises, so probably unlikely to get that much reprints, although this Izanagi did get republished:

Click the image currently Playmoya has it for JPY7,207.

Persona 3: Elizabeth -Christmas Ver.
US$66.32
Save: 34% off (JPY6,785)
http://plamoya.com/en/persona-3-elizabeth-christmas-ver-pvc-figure-p-85070.html

Tempting!

Playmoya sent me a 5% off, do you (or anyone else) wanna use it?

johnsmith

remember me
Playmoya sent me a 5% off, do you (or anyone else) wanna use it?

I'm good. I don't think I'll order her.

Also apparently Junko bombed. The reviews on amazon jp are scathing. She only has 2 1/2 stars. She's not perfect, but I don't have any complaints about her other than the hair color. And she got good reception on mfc, at 8.96 rating. She was a bit pricey though, so it sucks seeing her this cheap now.
US$67.44
Save: 45% off
http://plamoya.com/en/super-danganronpa-2-ultra-high-school-class-figure-01-junko-enos-p-79667.html
Currently sold out, but keep an eye out on restocks, or order her through amazon.jp with a proxy.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00DH5Q9W8/
&#65509; 5,657 + a proxy fee + shipping.

I wish I had waited, but it's always a gamble. =/

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Also apparently Junko bombed. The reviews on amazon jp are scathing. She only has 2 1/2 stars. She's not perfect, but I don't have any complaints about her other than the hair color. And she got good reception on mfc, at 8.96 rating. She was a bit pricey though, so it sucks seeing her this cheap now.
US$67.44
Save: 45% off
http://plamoya.com/en/super-danganronpa-2-ultra-high-school-class-figure-01-junko-enos-p-79667.html
Currently sold out, but keep an eye out on restocks, or order her through amazon.jp with a proxy.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00DH5Q9W8/
&#65509; 5,657 + a proxy fee + shipping.

I wish I had waited, but it's always a gamble. =/

I think there were some production issues involved. Some people received worse paintjobs or scratches that others didn't, and for that price it's really not acceptable. I pre-ordered her and I like her a lot. It makes me cringe to see the discount as well.

From what it seems the figures and stuff didn't sold as well as they thought especially with an anime backing up the merchandises, so probably unlikely to get that much reprints, although this Izanagi did get republished:

Click the image currently Playmoya has it for JPY7,207.

That's unfortunate. I think that the recent MegaHouse figures were a little lacking in production quality, if I recall correctly, which leaves all the overpriced second-hand figures. I'd love to see more figures with the dynamism that we're seeing in Labrys figures. Maybe Alter will continue that line for Arena.

RocBase

Hanji already has a figure in the works, but it's by Sentinel and judging by how their first AoT figure came out I wouldn't hold my breathe on it being decent.

kewlmyc

I know some people were waiting on this to drop in price. Gonna pass, myself. Unless I absolutely love the game when I play the 3DS port.

Excellent Model - Devil Survivor2 the Animation: Airi Ban
US$46.37
Save: 41% off (JPY4,746)
http://plamoya.com/en/excellent-model-devil-survivor2-the-animation-airi-ban-p-81379.html

Still way too much. Only if it drops to that Yamato girl's discounts.

NO. Enjoy your Mikasa. :p

NO. Enjoy your Mikasa. :p
I cancelled my preorders on all the Attack on Titan Figmas, but was too late to cancel Mikasa.
After watching the show im glad I ended up with her but even then I don't think I would pay much over the Figma price(around $50) for more figures of her.
The ones I mentioned though I would buy premium figures of.

Those characters I actually like just for the characters because im not a big fan of the main character designs or the uniform.

Welp it is official. Just preordered my first figure.

Was able to snag one of the Figma Shimakaze on Play Asia. Still after that Nendo if I can get it.

chrono01

Is there any way to be notified of the bargain bin additions, or do you just have to be vigilant?
Have to be vigilant, unfortunately. :(

Figinstock only works for items currently sold out, so there's no way to get it to inform you of a price-drop [at least to my knowledge]. Try checking every night when the site updates. It's what I'll be doing!

arrived today. Thanks again Chrono for the restock tip on this one! very excited!!!
You're very welcome, I'm glad I could help. :)

Enjoy, she's an incredible figure.

Where is this from?
Seven Deadly Sins, one of my favorite on-going series. Just two more [Beelzebub and Satan] and I'll have the whole set [well, aside from the ones currently not released but I do already have them paid for in-full. They will demand a lot of space to display them all, though...

I'm definitely passing on the "outfit" variations of them. I had Lucifer pre-ordered, but when I saw the current painted prototype for Bunny Asmodeus [of which the original was amazing]...I said no. Just no. It doesn't look nearly as charming as the one released from Orchid Seed, so I'll just finish collecting the main line and then focus on other things.

Was able to snag one of the Figma Shimakaze on Play Asia. Still after that Nendo if I can get it.
You know not what you have done! Oh, and welcome!

Are you also still planning on pre-ordering Asuka [Senran Kagura] from Alter? She looks great, I'm looking forward to her.

I haven't been around much today. So here's a full day of replies in one convenient post:

Price is going to matter here. The Arcadia Bayonetta is gorgeous and GIGANTIC. I'll be surprised if she's under 15k.

I'm surprised people seem down on GSC Mikasa. She's really dynamic without looking awkward and her face is suitably cool and dramatic. Even the outfit/equipment looks pretty slick in isolation, rather than samey when surrounded by the rest of the cast.

I don't know, I like the pose and all that, but the costume is dull as shit. May still buy her, she's a guaranteed sell-out. But I'm not into AoT the way I was when the anime was on. I still keep up with the manga, but I'm not as into it anymore. There are way better figures to spend money on, and I don't know what the Attack on Titan-tax is going to look like in regards to Mikasa's pricing.

Manga is still ongoing, so you've only got part of the story. Another season of the anime is still quite a ways off.

Wow is Muse actually going to come out?

She's by Arcadia. So we'll see in 2016.

Where is this from?

Seven Deadly Sins, sahn. You been sleepin'?

I know some people were waiting on this to drop in price. Gonna pass, myself. Unless I absolutely love the game when I play the 3DS port.

Excellent Model - Devil Survivor2 the Animation: Airi Ban
US$46.37
Save: 41% off (JPY4,746)
http://plamoya.com/en/excellent-model-devil-survivor2-the-animation-airi-ban-p-81379.html

Still too much $$$. Airi is fucking tiny.

You are already broke.

Also, good lord, MegaHouse must have been high-as-fuck in 2010 to make stuff like this...

AmiAmi has a pre-owned one for 1.9k. I almost want it just because of how hilariously bad it is.

i haven't watched hentai in a long time.

I didn't even know it was a thing outside of figures. :p

Also, my Yuria Misaki figure from AmiAmi is ready to ship. 2,890 JPY total with SAL shipping. That may be my cheapest order ever. Speaking of Yamato goodness, I would kill like, three hookers for this:

To buy one, you need to be a Yamatocrew.jp member (which costs 10.5k per year to begin with). Then she costs 12k on top of that.

Giolon

i haven't watched hentai in a long time.

It's not anything but a figure series at the moment. An anime was announced something like a year and a half ago at this point but nothing has come of it. It was also explicitly announced to not be an 18+ only show.

Seven Deadly Sins, one of my favorite on-going series. Just two more [Beelzebub and Satan] and I'll have the whole set [well, aside from the ones currently not released but I do already have them paid for in-full. They will demand a lot of space to display them all, though...

I'm definitely passing on the "outfit" variations of them. I had Lucifer pre-ordered, but when I saw the current painted prototype for Bunny Asmodeus [of which the original was amazing]...I said no. Just no. It doesn't look nearly as charming as the one released from Orchid Seed, so I'll just finish collecting the main line and then focus on other things.

I'm in the same boat, once you get one you need them all. I also agree the variants are to much, committing to 7 expensive figures is tough enough as is. Still trying to think how I'd like to display them. Currently they're sitting in detolfs mixed with other figures, but eventually I want to create something unique to the set.
Probably the most fun I've had with blasphemy.

She might not be "presenting" to the degree that Tharja is, but still. Dat...Ass... :-O

Slightly different angle. Blatant excuse to post another pic of a figure I'll never tire of looking at.

This thing is never getting painted. MegaHouse is too afraid of fucking it up.

This. I needs it. My precious. If they don't have a sculpt at NYTF, I'm going to rage.

She's 15k on Mandarake if you trust Megahouse that much!

Can't I just kill the hookers?

Danferno

Have to be vigilant, unfortunately. :(

Figinstock only works for items currently sold out, so there's no way to get it to inform you of a price-drop [at least to my knowledge]. Try checking every night when the site updates. It's what I'll be doing!

Knowledge incoming! The last time I visited Figinstock, I noticed they added the ability to be notified of price changes. I set one up (interestingly enough, for the Io Nitta figure) but don't know if it works yet. It seems to only monitor the site you configure it for, like the stock notice.

Bombless

She might not be "presenting" to the degree that Tharja is, but still. Dat...Ass... :-O

Nakama!

Slightly different angle. Blatant excuse to post another pic of a figure I'll never tire of looking at.

The paint on her cheeks makes her face seem rounder than it probably is...Still getting it day 0.

This. I needs it. My precious. If they don't have a sculpt at NYTF, I'm going to rage.
I wonder if they will keep the sports bag on the base.

Can't I just kill the hookers?
This is totally going in your NSA file.

You know not what you have done! Oh, and welcome!

Are you also still planning on pre-ordering Asuka [Senran Kagura] from Alter? She looks great, I'm looking forward to her.

I want one...just breaking the stigma of having something like that in my room right now lol. She isn't to lewd but still.

To answer your question.....I would say there is a 95.99999% chance I will :p

You are already broke.

Haha ya really....gonna have to really put a tight budget on this if things get going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom