• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Finally broke down and bought that J Scott Campbell statue from sideshow. I just couldn't resist, she looks perfect. I really don't want this to become a habit though, these things are too expensive. Fortunately I'll be passing on Gwen Stacy, she just doesn't look as good.

sideshow_collectibles_mary_jane_j_scott_campbell_comiquette_1.jpg

chrono01

Probably the most fun I've had with blasphemy.
Haha. So true.

Knowledge incoming! The last time I visited Figinstock, I noticed they added the ability to be notified of price changes. I set one up (interestingly enough, for the Io Nitta figure) but don't know if it works yet. It seems to only monitor the site you configure it for, like the stock notice.
Interesting, thanks for the information! I'll have to keep that in-mind.

I want one...just breaking the stigma of having something like that in my room right now lol. She isn't to lewd but still.

To answer your question.....I would say there is a 95.99999% chance I will :p

Haha ya really....gonna have to really put a tight budget on this if things get going.
If you can manage it, restrict your figure-spending as much as you can. It seems, at least in my personal opinion, once you open up the flood-gates of figures, it can be difficult to close. I think I'm getting there, though. I'm being a lot more selective these days, and I'm even thinking of going and cancelling a few of my current pre-orders since I no longer fell the "need" to have them.

If you have a lot of self-control, this hobby isn't so bad. However, if you're like many of us here [myself included], it can be inevitable black-hole for your wallet.

Also, this thing is so ridiculously cute.

iybjVygl3hZRb.gif

Bombless

Finally broke down and bought that J Scott Campbell statue from sideshow. I just couldn't resist, she looks perfect. I really don't want this to become a habit though, these things are too expensive. Fortunately I'll be passing on Gwen Stacy, she just doesn't look as good.

hotness.jpg

Gwen Stacy is the one with the umbrella? Yeah, she's less good looking. This one is VERY nice though, just not for me.

Haha. So true.

If you can manage it, restrict your figure-spending as much as you can. It seems, at least in my personal opinion, once you open up the flood-gates of figures, it can be difficult to close. I think I'm getting there, though. I'm being a lot more selective these days, and I'm even thinking of going and cancelling a few of my current pre-orders since I no longer fell the "need" to have them.

If you have a lot of self-control, this hobby isn't so bad. However, if you're like many of us here [myself included], it can be inevitable black-hole for your wallet.

Scary...given how hard I feel into the Lego trap after reading the Lego thread here on Gaf. I really need to be selective if I want to live through this haha.

I saw that for preorder...almost did it.

chrono01

thanks, totally getting. too cute.
Not a problem.

Yeah, she's cheap enough to purchase on impulse, and she'll be small meaning it won't cost much to ship her [even less if I add her to my monthly shipment].

Might be a fun/novelty thing to have beside my PC. I can't help but smile when I see her little legs kicking.

Bombless

Not a problem.

Yeah, she's cheap enough to purchase on impulse, and she'll be small meaning it won't cost much to ship her [even less if I add her to my monthly shipment].

Might be a fun/novelty thing to have beside my PC. I can't help but smile when I see her little legs kicking.

I agree. Compared to her Akagi's isn't as cute/interesting..but is more in character.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
To buy one, you need to be a Yamatocrew.jp member (which costs 10.5k per year to begin with). Then she costs 12k on top of that.

I just got the regular one too. :lol

Slightly different angle. Blatant excuse to post another pic of a figure I'll never tire of looking at.

tumblr_n0vqqb4CVc1qzdctco1_500.jpg

No excuse needed, goddamn does that look nice.

This. I needs it. My precious. If they don't have a sculpt at NYTF, I'm going to rage.

1921092_813376528678745_153868639_o-noscale.jpg

Fuuuuuuck yes Jubes! Gimme gimme!

Back from my moving hiatus.

Can anyone help me locate this figure? I was browsing some figure tumblrs and this one came up but I can't seem to find it. ;____;

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/190882
Elin by Arcadia
No release date yet, so just keep an eye out for pre-orders.

I get annoyed every time I see that figure now. I can't believe they replaced that armor with a school swimsuit. And on top of that, they had to troll us even harder by announcing a recolor instead of an armor-clad variant. >:O

I just got the regular one too.

I haven't picked her up yet. The prototype looked way better than the final piece.

cajunator

Banned
Haha. So true.

iybjVygl3hZRb.gif

I bought two of those!

johnsmith

remember me
Starfire's face is kind of weird looking. The fact that she's orange kind of hides it, but if she was normal fleshtones it would be a bishoujo fail.

Bombless

Starfire's face is kind of weird looking. The fact that she's orange kind of hides it, but if she was normal fleshtones it would be a bishoujo fail.

I think it's the contrast between the green eyes and the orange skin that plays an illusion. Same with the slightly yellow cheeks that give her a puffy impression.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Got the ALTER Tales of Vesperia Estelle figure today :)

Put her with the rest of the crew ;)

2YyrYem.jpg

I'm curious who they'll release next... I'm guessing maybe Judith~

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Oh man, that looks great!

I'd be all over a Judith release.

I think it's an improvement. The intense orange makes it look like a bad fake tan.

I like the intense orange. I think she turned out pretty good. Her face isn't quite as perfect as Spider-woman, who's probably the new standard, but it's still good.

kewlmyc

2YyrYem.jpg

Nice. Can't wait till mine gets in so I can have the complete Vesperia collection as well.

Honestly, I kinda want a Karol/Repede statue next. 2 for 1. But only after they finish their Lloyd figure they announced half a year ago.

Bombless

Thanks! The only bad thing is I won't be able to fit any more than one more in that particular Detolf shelf haha

So if I had to choose, it'd be Judith or or Repede :)

You could go with risers in the back row and add them in the center, but the smaller versions would have to be rearranged so they aren't hidden in the back.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Nice. Mine is coming next month from BBTS. I don't wanna pay international shipping on this one.

I gotcha. Jun is my girl though, I needed her asap. :) I currently have Spider-Woman on pre-order at Amazon, should I cancel it and order from BBTS instead as Amazon has a habit of being lazy when it comes to packing things neatly?

Edit: Holding off on cancelling. :lol

Unf unf unf. Mine is part of my monthly shipment so I won't see her until march :( But then she'll have Calne and 2020 Miku (i think?) with her!

Nice!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Sorry for the shitty phone pic, but awwwwww yeah!

Didn't realize this was out! Just ordered one from Nippon-Yasan. Meanwhile the Chun-Li I pre-ordered at Koto US is still not in stock yet and is only like $10 cheaper in price than the Jun I ordered with Fedex shipping. @_@

johnsmith

remember me
Fuck you, Megahouse. Fuck you to hell. God damn it. I'm trying to put Queen's Blade Alicia, and the cast off clothes are fucking bullshit. I didn't even want to take them off but I had to to remove all the goddamn plastic. Now I can't put them back on.

Fuck you, Megahouse. Fuck you to hell. God damn it. I'm trying to put Queen's Blade Alicia, and the cast off clothes are fucking bullshit. I didn't even want to take them off but I had to to remove all the goddamn plastic. Now I can't put them back on.

yeah thats why she dropped in price really fast lol

Isn't that an issue with a lot of cast-offs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom