• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
You're not alone, the MFC page is full of complaints.

I was THIS close to just fucking chucking her in the trash. Holy shit, I've never been so angry. In the end I had to cut her apron strings because they just would not go around her waist. Also her sword sheathe bands broke because they're flimsy as fuck.

The only good thing is that with so many layers its hard to see the defects, and she looks ok once displayed, but holy fucking shit. I did not want to see her tits, and I hate the fact that I had to go through this trouble just because some fucking pervs do.

Another reason to fucking hate Megahouse.

I was THIS close to just fucking chucking her in the trash. Holy shit, I've never been so angry. In the end I had to cut her apron strings because they just would not go around her waist. Also her sword sheathe bands broke because they're flimsy as fuck.

The only good thing is that with so many layers its hard to see the defects, and she looks ok once displayed, but holy fucking shit. I did not want to see her tits, and I hate the fact that I had to go through this trouble just because some fucking pervs do.

tbh, the source material is an ecchi show. I mean its one of the biggest reasons why QB is so popular.

The biggest reason for her QC issues is the choice in material from what I heard. Its not bendable and breaks easily under pressure. I have like 2-3 QB figures from MH and no issues. Its just certain ones are bleh

Bombless

Man, that's terrible. Reminds me of that Celia prototype disaster. Glad you fixed it though.

Mom's Devil Nurse Sonico is cast off but she came fully dressed...Except the fact that the dress does not fully close. There's a tiny gap that runs all through the dress, from top to bottom, on the side, but luckly it doesn't show much. Mom doesn't care but it sure as hell made me weary of cast offs.

Edit : For some reason I had mixed my release dates for 2020 Miku and Tharja up. So I'm getting Calne now and Miku next month buuuut I'll take Tharja in Miku's stead no problem :D And that US Army explained with moe girls book. Looking forward to that one haha

Edit2 : Looking at HobbySearch's top sellers, the SH Mario is the entire top 3. I think Nintendo made a good decision by finally opening character licensing to 3rd parties. I suspect once they see how it flies off the shelves they will open the floodgates. I mean, the number of characters from the Nintendo Universe is staggering.

chrono01

Ye, I've heard some very bad things about her. Not in regards to her sculpt or anything, but the process of casting off her clothing [to remove the plastic] and then re-cast her.

I'm glad to hear that you've fixed everything, although I can only imagine your rage/frustration doing so.

johnsmith

remember me
Here's what I got for my trouble.

DJYnCQ2.png

And damn, missed this the first time around. I have a feeling she's going to be expensive.
jjgI5Zn.jpg

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/175846

This looks good too.
zzoMCC5.png

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/144769

And here's what Orchid Seed's dark elf looks like. This figure was announced 4 years ago, and Max Factory beat them on making a figure based off the same artwork. But looks like Orchid Seed's looks a little more anime'ish. I can never get enough dark elves, so I'll be keeping an eye on this.
SX6Tmuk.png

Elixir

Junko dropped to 5,503 yen if anyone cares, she seems relatively disliked though. Something about the final product being different to the prototype.

And here's what Orchid Seed's dark elf looks like. This figure was announced 4 years ago, and Max Factory beat them on making a figure based off the same artwork. But looks like Orchid Seed's looks a little more anime'ish. I can never get enough dark elves, so I'll be keeping an eye on this.
SX6Tmuk.png

I think we've seen this same sculpt last year. It's not even colored.

johnsmith

remember me
Junko dropped to 5,503 yen if anyone cares, she seems relatively disliked though. Something about the final product being different to the prototype.

Yeah I posted about that a few pages back. For that price I would definitely recommend her. I'm happy with it.

I think we've seen this same sculpt last year. It's not even colored.

I hadn't seen such a clear picture before. The ones on MFC are blurry cell pics.

Looks like Orchid Seed switched up their source, probably because of Max Factory.

tbh, the source material is an ecchi show. I mean its one of the biggest reasons why QB is so popular.

Queen's Blade is fucking horrendous. I could only get 7 episodes in before I just couldn't do it anymore. I wanted to quit after the first five minutes of episode one with the acid-shooting tits, but I soldiered on. For a while. Ordered the reissue of MegaHouse Risty though. Because I do love her character design.

And damn, missed this the first time around. I have a feeling she's going to be expensive.

She looks great, but that weapon just looks like a sword with a shapeless blob of plastic around it. Not sure if I'm going in for God Eater 2 figures, yet. But if I do, I really hope they stay away from Benten-level pricing. I could see 15k list price for Ciel at the most.

Oh my. Those undies look like they're cutting off circulation.

Damn AmiAmi moves fast....

Browsing the used section I saw a used Toradora Nendo that I want. Added it to my cart and looked around for anything else small I may want and bam. It sold when I went to checkout.

Learned that lesson lol

So Detolfs, kind of hard to take pictures of with all the glass. Proud of my first 2 but will need more figs in the future to fill them out; currently both bottom shelves are empty but I'm not looking for filler material, I'll wait for good stuff to fill those shelves. The only announced things on my horizon are figma Eren and Zero Suit Samus

orca toys - kuroneko

I don't know why but I really like this fig of kuroneko. I don't really like her or oreimo in general but I like this one for some reason...

I'm probably just convincing myself to order her right now since it's Kuroneko, but maybe it's the expression. It's certainly not generic for this kind of figure and makes it feel a lot less...lewd, for a lack of a better word. Then there's the bracelet which is a nice touch to make her more distinguished from the average swimsuit figure.

How can you say no to this?

ibsHW7zKFK8rhs.gif

Wind-up motor means she can't keep being cute forever without winding. Yes, I can be lazy in the name of self-control. :x

CUTIEEEEEEEEE
yiKf6w3.jpg

What's the word? Nakama? NAKAMAAAAA!!!

Got her yesterday myself~

LostAnkh

So Detolfs, kind of hard to take pictures of with all the glass. Proud of my first 2 but will need more figs in the future to fill them out; currently both bottom shelves are empty but I'm not looking for filler material, I'll wait for good stuff to fill those shelves. The only announced things on my horizon are figma Eren and Zero Suit Samus

http://i.imgur.com/Be6xicH.png
What is that on the middle glass panel with the steps? I've been wondering what those are so I can display some smaller figures.

kewlmyc

Think I'm done preordering every fig I want on Amiami. I'll just wait until a week before or wait to see how it ended up before buying it. Keep track of it on FiginStock. Unless it's a Max Factory, GSC, Alter, or Attack on Titan fig.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

That sucks to hear. Really unfortunate. :( At least you for her up, posed, and won't have to mess with the clothing again.

If your picture is super huge, you mind putting it in quotes? Takes up way less space.

is this directed towards my post? not sure, I'll change it anyway just in case and to be polite :) I thought the system was supposed to automatically quote any pictures that are too big?

What is that on the middle glass panel with the steps? I've been wondering what those are so I can display some smaller figures.

they sell real ones, called acrylic, but the prices are insanely absurd. seriously. I ordered:

I've seen those in kitchen sections before labeled as spice rack shelving etc.

yep, the one I got is made for canned goods or spices in a kitchen cabinet. looks really good from the side

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036OQU56/?tag=neogaf0e-20

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
is this directed towards my post? not sure, I'll change it anyway just in case and to be polite :) I thought the system was supposed to automatically quote any pictures that are too big?

That's what they said after the update, but I've never seen it work properly.

Oh my god so much cute!

Ritsu front and center. All is right with the world. Makes me wish Max Factory had gone with something like that for their version. Or made more than one.

Think I'm done preordering every fig I want on Amiami. I'll just wait until a week before or wait to see how it ended up before buying it. Keep track of it on FiginStock. Unless it's a Max Factory, GSC, Alter, or Attack on Titan fig.

That's pretty much how I do it now, although I gambled on Junko because the sculptors work usually turns out better than that. Glad Arcadia is handling his next figure.

Not that Junko is terrible, but she probably has the least clean paint job in my display since I sold Mitsuru.

Bombless

Yeah, the whole "automatic resize" doesn't work.

That cabinet organiser is a nice display option for smaller figures, will definitely keep that in mind, thanks!

Yeah, the whole "automatic resize" doesn't work.

Are you sure? For me images scale horizontally when not quoted. Vertically it will take up however much space is in line with aspect ratio. I imagine it was just put in place to prevent horizontal scrolling, rather than to save space.

chrono01

I received my Maeda Keiji from N-Y today [with lunchmat], and she is perfection. Alter does it again.

Those colors, that umbrella, that smile [with yaeba]. If there's anything to depend on in the world of figures, it's Alter's quality with Hyakka Ryoran figures. They're always amazing.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
What's the general rule of thumb for combining packages for shipping? I always combine orders, but I'm not sure if that's the most cost effective way of going about it depending on the size of the boxes involved.

What's the general rule of thumb for combining packages for shipping? I always combine orders, but I'm not sure if that's the most cost effective way of going about it depending on the size of the boxes involved.
In America? Sure effective to combine your orders, in any place that imposes import duty *cough* Europe *cough* you'll definitely be imposed with custom duties =/

And it seems quite a few new Figure GAFers have joined our community, welcome =D

I received my Maeda Keiji from N-Y today [with lunchmat], and she is perfection. Alter does it again.

Those colors, that umbrella, that smile [with yaeba]. If there's anything to depend on in the world of figures, it's Alter's quality with Hyakka Ryoran figures. They're always amazing.

Just looked up the figure. Wow....looks awesome.

javac

So...I got my Nono figure last Friday and I took some pics. I took like 200+ easily lol I'm pretty odd. It took a lot of hard work and guts to narrow them down but I still think this is too much to post so if it is let me know and I'll delete a few.

I guess I just love the poses and whatnot! Its pretty much the first figure I've ever bought and I've already ordered more! I'm already addicted D:

The figure looks really nice in person but having photo's of them upclose with the flash on doesn't do it justice. I'm too delicate with it and get scared of messing up the joints so I find it difficult to pose. I'm scared I'll break it lol.

Anyways here's some of the pics I took. I hope they look alright and thanks for getting me into buying figures!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
In America? Sure effective to combine your orders, in any place that imposes import duty *cough* Europe *cough* you'll definitely be imposed with custom duties =/

And it seems quite a few new Figure GAFers have joined our community, welcome =D

Yeah, in America. I don't get hit with customs, so that's not an issue. I just didn't know how I should approach certain large orders with 4-5 figures, or a few figures with large boxes/scales.

chrono01

If you can fit them into SAL, I'd recommend doing that [preferably Registered]. However, if you have more than three figures figures, or even two average-sized ones, chances are you'll be over the SAL size/weight limit.

In that case I combine them all into a single EMS shipment [from AmiAmi]. Not only will they all arrive super-fast [although often I'll have to wait for the very end of the month for all of the products to be in-stock], but you're insured, as well. Also, up-to-the-minute tracking.

I rarely have to pay custom charges in Canada, even on large shipments, so I'd imagine the same goes for US.

Just looked up the figure. Wow....looks awesome.
She is indeed. She's already one of my favorites.

O have ordered 50k orders and no customs. Its safe to say that the likelyhood of a custom charge in the US for figures is quite low.

also for people that like Nishi characters (hyakka and queens blade)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1927925037/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I have the Japanese one and it was worth it.
I already own it [imported the Japanese one, as well]. It's a great artbook.

It's highly recommended, especially if you love Nishii's art as much as I do.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
If you can fit them into SAL, I'd recommend doing that [preferably Registered]. However, if you have more than three figures figures, or even two average-sized ones, chances are you'll be over the SAL size/weight limit.

In that case I combine them all into a single EMS shipment [from AmiAmi]. Not only will they all arrive super-fast [although often I'll have to wait for the very end of the month for all of the products to be in-stock], but you're insured, as well. Also, up-to-the-minute tracking.

I rarely have to pay custom charges in Canada, even on large shipments, so I'd imagine the same goes for US.

Thanks! If I have two large figures, would it be cheaper with a single EMS or two separate SAL?

I'm not really too concerned about waiting. I'm pretty patient when it comes to figures.

Thanks! If I have two large figures, would it be cheaper with a single EMS or two separate SAL?

I'm not really too concerned about waiting. I'm pretty patient when it comes to figures.

depends on what the figures. You can SOMETIMES fit 2 figures into 1 sal. Not often though.

for 2 full sized figures, separate sal reg would be cheapest. For 2 or more? EMS

LostAnkh

A few weeks ago, I went Ikea shopping and totally forgot to post here.
pD9pBqEl.jpg

- 2x Detolf glass cabinets (black brown)
- 1x Galant 63 x 31 1/2 White (suggested by a fellow Gaf member)
- 1x Billy shelf
- 1x Brimnes white nightstand *not pictured*
I'm going to have to be real careful about getting into this hobby, because of the amount of space I have in my room and the Detolf cabinets.

they sell real ones, called acrylic, but the prices are insanely absurd. seriously. I ordered:

yep, the one I got is made for canned goods or spices in a kitchen cabinet. looks really good from the side

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036OQU56/?tag=neogaf0e-20
thanks for the response.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
depends on what the figures. You can SOMETIMES fit 2 figures into 1 sal. Not often though.

for 2 full sized figures, separate sal reg would be cheapest. For 2 or more? EMS

Hmmm, for some figures that were ready today for payment, I just e-mailed AmiAmi and asked them to combine the orders if it ended up cheaper. We'll see what comes back.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
you can combine shipping in the account management.

Yeah, but this is sort of an unusual situation.

Basically, I combined orders for my Dizzy figure that is already available along with other items I expected to be available for shipping later this month. It turns out, those other items will probably be getting delayed. Another order is now available for shipping, so I wanted to move the Dizzy figure from the one still pending Feb order to the one that is currently ready for payment.

With all the release dates shifting around I didn't even notice I had two separate February orders.

chrono01

What Ragingnight said.

You can sometimes fit more than one figure into SAL, but not usually. Maybe a regular-sized figure and a Nendoroid/Figma.

If you're going to purchase more than two, though, go with EMS. The cost would be at/near the price of three separate SAL, and you'd get the benefit of EMS itself.

Yeah, but this is sort of an unusual situation.

Basically, I combined orders for my Dizzy figure that is already available along with other items I expected to be available for shipping later this month. It turns out, those other items will probably be getting delayed. Another order is now available for shipping, so I wanted to move the Dizzy figure from the one still pending Feb order to the one that is currently ready for payment.

With all the release dates shifting around I didn't even notice I had two separate February orders.
Don't worry, AmiAmi can easily do this. Just send them an email and they'll fix it for you. They're pretty incredible, and it's one of the many reasons that why they're my preferred shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom