• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Finally got my second detolf cabinet up. Was it just me or did everyone have a bit of trouble putting these things together? What a pain in the ass. :lol

Bombless

Melda? Or the other one?

Du7f2a3.jpg

♡♡

Cross-post from the BST thread

GAME & ANIME FIGURE SALE

I'm in need of some cash with a wedding coming up so I'm parting with a few of my game and anime figures. These prices don't include shipping, however I will ship worldwide. PM me your information if you'd like a quote on shipping. Bayonetta is complete in box, the others do not come with their original boxes however they're all complete and will be packaged extremely well (wrapped & with air cushions inside). Feel free to PM with any questions.

Bayonetta w/ BONUS FIGURES! - $95 - Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3
Bonus Figures: Saber (Fate/EXTRA), Cosette (Valkyria Chronicles 2), Erul Tron & Diol Twee (Otomedius Excellent
Asuna (Sword Art Online) - $55 - Pic 1, Pic 2
Velvet (Odin Sphere) - $65 - Pic 1, Pic 2
Nagisa (Phantasy Star Portable 2) - $65 - Pic 1, Pic 2

Where's dat Jubilee is what I wanna know.

My guess is there may be a sculpt at NYTF next week. What I want to know is where Black Canary is. She was announced way before Starfire, and her sculpt was shown off at SDCC (or was it NYCC?) along with Starfy's. Since then, nada.

Ugh, why did it have to show up now when my figure-budget is already stressed? ~_~

You know, I'm sure alot of us have this issue, and the truth is that we do it to ourselves. We don't need half of the figures we think we do. Range Murata Muse? Swamp Witch Metallica? Feels like they're mandatory, but they're not. Determining which figures that you MUST own, must simply be something that you learn in time. I still don't have it down pat, but I'm learning.

chrono01

You know, I'm sure alot of us have this issue, and the truth is that we do it to ourselves. We don't need half of the figures we think we do. Range Murata Muse? Swamp Witch Metallica? Feels like they're mandatory, but they're not. Determining which figures that you MUST own, must simply be something that you learn in time. I still don't have it down pat, but I'm learning.
Yeah.

When I first started this hobby, I was a lot more selective than I am now. Once you get accustomed/used to the "MUST-HAVE!" mentality, it can be difficult to break. I think I'm getting better than I was a few months back, though. Even the numerous figures that were announced just a few days ago at Wonderfes, I'm being a lot more...selective over what I'll be buying.

I might even go back and cancel my pre-order for Elf and see how she turns out before I commit to the entire line. As amazing as she is, I absolutely love the Sorceress that Orchid Seed is putting out. She couldn't be more accurate to the artwork if they tried, she's perfect. I might just collect her and pass over Elf/Amazon, unless they turn out to be super-incredible. I'm not too fond of the Sorceress from Megahouse, to be honest. Maybe I just need better pictures?

I think I'm pretty good at this though I learned the hard way through my LEGO purchases. Recently I offloaded about $500 worth of Star Wars sets for well below what I originally paid and many of them are MISB. I really needed to clear out stuff that I didn't need.

I'm pretty happy with my figure purchases thus far even if it's just a small collection.

Also if anyone manages to enable me, they deserve a medal.

raven777

is there anywhere I can get the Leviathan Envy (even re-color) in decent price that ships international?

Also I saw the new leviathan will be coming out from Orchidseed. How are Orchidseed's quality in general ? Do you guys think it will be as good as the first one?

Hey Figure Gaf question for you. Against my better judgment I want to start looking at ordering a figure or two on Amazon. I know this could become a obbsesion but I have to have a couple! For those living in the U.S. have you ever been hit with customs charges when ordering from a Japanese seller? I don't mind waiting a while on the package but would hate to get a bill later for the charges.

It happened to me once when ordering something from Britain, fedex sent me a bill for it. Just curious if it happens a lot for figures.

Edit: Looking at the OP it seems I best be careful. Some of the good prices must be fakes.

johnsmith

remember me
Hey Figure Gaf question for you. Against my better judgment I want to start looking at ordering a figure or two on Amazon. I know this could become a obbsesion but I have to have a couple! For those living in the U.S. have you ever been hit with customs charges when ordering from a Japanese seller? I don't mind waiting a while on the package but would hate to get a bill later for the charges.

It happened to me once when ordering something from Britain, fedex sent me a bill for it. Just curious if it happens a lot for figures.

Edit: Looking at the OP it seems I best be careful. Some of the good prices must be fakes.

I've never heard of anybody in the US having to pay any custom fees. That's really weird that you had to pay some when ordering from the UK . I've ordered dozens of things from Japan, no extra fees ever.

And yeah, avoid amazon and ebay if it's something that has been bootlegged. I stick to mandarake and amiami for those kinds of things. MFC will usually list if something's been bootlegged.

I've never heard of anybody in the US having to pay any custom fees. That's really weird that you had to pay some when ordering from the UK . I've ordered dozens of things from Japan, no extra fees ever.

And yeah, avoid amazon and ebay if it's something that has been bootlegged. I stick to mandarake and amiami for those kinds of things. MFC will usually list if something's been bootlegged.

Ya I am going to skip Amazon from now on. Looking at Amiami now. I think my wallet run away when I opened the website.

is there anywhere I can get the Leviathan Envy (even re-color) in decent price that ships international?

Also I saw the new leviathan will be coming out from Orchidseed. How are Orchidseed's quality in general ? Do you guys think it will be as good as the first one?

lol GL. Mandarake is your best bet and she goes for like 16k-20k. Recolor isn't out so you can probably grab her for a cheaper price on release. She is definitely not going to reach the same price as the original.

Orchid seed is a A company

Once again for reference

S: Max Factory, Alter, Native (well it is Max Factory lol), GSC
A: Orchid seed, Amakuni, Kotobukiya (lately)
B: Empty, FREE, Vertex,
C: Griffon

Bombless

Did it specifically say Tax or was it a bill for Customs handling fees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom