• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
The problem with Maou is she's EMS only. Those tend to hit the bargain bin pretty often. She is a lovely figure though. I'm very happy with her. Her big flowing dress is just amazing. Just be ready to spend an extra $40 on shipping. The translation says meat because she refers to her breasts as "useless meat." The anime is really good too. my only complaint about it was that it was way too short, but I liked how it took a generic rpg story and flipped it around, and focused on the social, political, and economic aspects of the fantasy world.

A few weeks ago, I went Ikea shopping and totally forgot to post here.

- 2x Detolf glass cabinets (black brown)
- 1x Galant 63 x 31 1/2 White (suggested by a fellow Gaf member)
- 1x Billy shelf
- 1x Brimnes white nightstand *not pictured*
I'm going to have to be real careful about getting into this hobby, because of the amount of space I have in my room and the Detolf cabinets.

thanks for the response.

Now you need lights.

I may have to shell out $200-$300 if I want a Dark Phoenix or a regular Emma Frost at this point.

I have Emma Frost, she's not worth it. Just focus on buying the newer cheaper bishoujos coming out. I have the regular Phoenix, can't imagine spending that much on a recolor either. If you have the money to burn, that's great, but I'd rather spend that on better looking stuff.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The problem with Maou is she's EMS only. Those tend to hit the bargain bin pretty often. She is a lovely figure though. I'm very happy with her. Her big flowing dress is just amazing. Just be ready to spend an extra $40 on shipping. The translation says meat because she refers to her breasts as "useless meat." The anime is really good too. my only complaint about it was that it was way too short, but I liked how it took a generic rpg story and flipped it around, and focused on the social, political, and economic aspects of the fantasy world.

Yeah, I figured the "meat" angle was quoting something. Kinda like in Haganai.

And goddamn at that shipping. That seems absurd. She's really that big? I haven't paid $40 for shipping of a single figure before.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I have Emma Frost, she's not worth it. Just focus on buying the newer cheaper bishoujos coming out. I have the regular Phoenix, can't imagine spending that much on a recolor either. If you have the money to burn, that's great, but I'd rather spend that on better looking stuff.

I may just settle for Emma's diamond form instead as the face on the reg does look iffy. I need a rogue though.

my friend is trying to get me to buy this

FIG-MOE-2418.jpg

But I have like 5 figures coming in. If tharja and Alleyne get delayed then maybe

kewlmyc

my friend is trying to get me to buy this

But I have like 5 figures coming in. If tharja and Alleyne get delayed then maybe

I don't blame him. All the BRS figs by GSC are godlike. Wish I could afford the Insane Black Rock Shooter figure. Or the one with the Scythe.

chrono01

Thanks! AmiAmi basically took care of me. I combined all of the February orders and will probably end up having to go EMS in the end.
Yeah, that's what I always do [since I usually always have three figures per month, sometimes more].It also saves my mail-person added trouble of delivering multiple packages, especially considering packages from AmiAmi aren't the only things I get through the mail [Amazon, HS, HLJ, N-Y, BIJ, etc.].

Nice job on purchasing Dizzy, by the way. I have the first release, and she's amazing.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah, that's what I always do [since I usually always have three figures per month, sometimes more].It also saves my mail-person added trouble of delivering multiple packages, especially considering packages from AmiAmi aren't the only things I get through the mail [Amazon, HS, HLJ, N-Y, BIJ, etc.].

Nice job on purchasing Dizzy, by the way. I have the first release, and she's amazing.

Yeah, she was kind of an impulse buy, but I think I'm happy to have her ordered. Assuming nothing gets delayed (which I know is unlikely), this month will be my largest shipment ever. Tharja, Alleyne, Dizzy, and Ikaruga... the shipping is going to hurt no matter what.

chrono01

Yeah, she was kind of an impulse buy, but I think I'm happy to have her ordered. Assuming nothing gets delayed (which I know is unlikely), this month will be my largest shipment ever. Tharja, Alleyne, Dizzy, and Ikaruga... the shipping is going to hurt no matter what.
Alleyne is delayed into March according to MFC. I don't believe AmiAmi has updated their listing yet which is why she's still listed under this month's orders.

For me it's an easy month, Deep Sea Hatsune Miku and Tharja. That's it. Well I do have the Mugiwara Ver. of Nami from N-Y, but other than that I'm free. Of course, there's a chance that Tharja/Deep Sea Hatsune Miku will be delayed. It's kind of worrying how neither have a release date yet. :/

Alleyne is delayed into March according to MFC. I don't believe AmiAmi has updated their listing yet which is why she's still listed under this month's orders.

For me it's an easy month, Deep Sea Hatsune Miku and Tharja. That's it. Well I do have the Mugiwara Ver. of Nami from N-Y, but other than that I'm free. Of course, there's a chance that Tharja/Deep Sea Hatsune Miku will be delayed. It's kind of worrying how neither have a release date yet. :/

actually alleyne is listed under "2014年2月~3月予定" on their website. Basically from my understanding, this month or next. lol

chrono01

actually alleyne is listed under "2014年2月~3月予定" on their website. Basically from my understanding, this month or next. lol
I really...really hope it's this month. I've been waiting long enough, I need Alleyne. Now!

In addition, my March AmiAmi is already going to be massive, so I'd rather not add to that if at all possible.

I may just settle for Emma's diamond form instead as the face on the reg does look iffy. I need a rogue though.

Good fucking luck on that Rogue. I haven't seen her recently for less than $300. At some point, you have to realize when shit just isn't worth it.

I really like a lot of prize figure designs. If only the materials were higher quality, they would outshine their more expensive counterparts.

If the materials used in prize figures were better, prize figures would be the more expensive counterparts. XD

She's not in any of my orders, but March is turning out to be pretty brutal, too. Risty, Tsukihi, Olivia, Melda, and a couple of other big things are coming out.

LiK

If the materials used in prize figures were better, prize figures would be the more expensive counterparts.

Uh, That's my point. They're better designed than proper PVC figures. The prize figure Elizabeth figure I got has a much better sculpt and pose than the main ones. Prize figure sculptors come up with better ideas sometimes.

Uh, That's my point. They're better designed than proper PVC figures. The prize figure Elizabeth figure I got has a much better sculpt and pose than the main ones. Prize figure sculptors come up with better ideas sometimes.

I don't know if I'd say that they were better designed on the whole. Some of them, sure. The Sega prize figure Utena seems to have a better pose than the MegaHouse version.

chrono01

She's not in any of my orders, but March is turning out to be pretty brutal, too. Risty, Tsukihi, Olivia, Melda, and a couple of other big things are coming out.
Yeah.

For March I have [assuming none are delayed]:

Olivia
7th Dragon 2020 Hatsune Miku
Risty
Iris Hartley

Shipping for both Olivia and 7th Dragon 2020 Hatsune Miku [thanks to the length of the dress/hair], as well as the other figures, will be costly. I'd best prepare for it.

Also, I sincerely hope that the "other big things" include 7th Dragon 2020 Hatsune Miku. It had better! /shakes fist

7th Dragon 2020 Hatsune Miku

aw, fuck. I forgot I've got Miku2020 as well. Wallet = dead. I can at least take solace in the fact that I'll hopefully be looking at Tharja's ass up close when I hit the "Pay this order" button for March. Anyway.......

First to the table with a Venera-Sama sculpt from World Conquest: Zvezda Plot is..... FuRyu!?

Also from World Conquest: Zvezda Plot -> KuruKuru! And yes, they'll come in FOUR COLORS!

Still no sculpt!?!? Come on gaiz. Srsly.

OMG, how can she walk with tits that big?

chrono01

aw, fuck. I forgot I've got Miku2020 as well. Wallet = dead. I can at least take solace in the fact that I'll hopefully be looking at Tharja's ass up close when I hit the "Pay this order" button for March. Anyway.......
Whew, had me worried there for a moment!

Also, I was disappointed to not see that Original Character by Native painted at Wonderfes. She looks incredible. :/

chrono01

I know! Seriously, when she goes up for pre-order in 2025, I'm going to be all over that.
So will I. It's a really unique figure, and if Native can pull of the sculpt/coloring, which I'm sure they will, it will be impossible to pass up.

Even more disappointing was seeing the sculpts they did present at Wonderfes. What a let-down.

So will I. It's a really unique figure, and if Native can pull of the sculpt/coloring, which I'm sure they will, it will be impossible to pass up.

Even more disappointing was seeing the sculpts they did present at Wonderfes. What a let-down.

oh, just call them what they are; Max Factory: Perv division.

Bombless

The KanColle girls with turrets all over really start to bore me. Hopefully the subs/carrier ladies will be a bit more interesting.

The KanColle girls with turrets all over really start to bore me. Hopefully the subs/carrier ladies will be a bit more interesting.

KanColle is something I'm not planning on buying into at all. Unless there's an amazingly awesome figure or two. But the anime can't possibly be better than Arpeggio. This is going to be Arpeggio of Blue Steel meets fucking Super Sonico: The Animation.

Bombless

KanColle is something I'm not planning on buying into at all. Unless there's an amazingly awesome figure or two. But the anime can't possibly be better than Arpeggio. This is going to be Arpeggio of Blue Steel meets fucking Super Sonico: The Animation.

Hah, yeah I fully expect the anime to suck. On the other hand, Arpeggio discs seem to sell pretty well, so I'm hoping for a 2nd season.

Ryuuroden

Arpeggio had an actual manga, afaik, KanColle has what? so yeah, totally expecting something Super Sonico level.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Got my Asuka bishoujo from Kirin Hobby, holy shit am I impressed by the amount of bubble wrap they used to protect my girl. Will definitely think about using them in the future.

chrono01

Tharja, Alleyne, Dark Angel Olivia, 7th Dragon 2020 Hatsune Miku, Iris Hartley.

Shit. I'm actually hoping for more delays now.
Insane, you have the exact same pre-orders as I do [if Tharja and Alleyne are indeed delayed into March].

You have great taste in figures, my friend.

Josephl64

looks like I'll keep my Kancolle and Sonico stuff to myself then...

anyways, hopefully Tharja doesn't get delayed...that would be most unfortunate

Bombless

looks like I'll keep my Kancolle and Sonico stuff to myself then...

anyways, hopefully Tharja doesn't get delayed...that would be most unfortunate

Not being into them doesn't mean we don't want to see them :D And not liking something just means the other person isn't enabling enough!

Heh AmiAmi's ordering process is interesting.

Weird how it waits to tell you how much the total will be with shipping later on after you place the order. Wasn't sure between the options of shipping so I chose EMS. Grabbed a barely used set of Nendo Petit K-On figures and a Isabelle Nendo for my Mom, she is addicted to Animal Crossing so I am sure she will be ecstatic to get that.

Jayhawk

Quoting from the OP to address your concerns regarding your shipping options.

When choosing a shipping method there's 2 main considerations, time and money. You can choose an expensive option and get your item within a few days, or choose a cheaper option and get it in a few weeks. From quickest to slowest these are your options.

Express Mail Service (EMS)
Top priority. Very quick, tracked, insured, and expensive. Some figures can only be shipped this way due to their box size. 2-5 Day delivery time.
Price range is 1,200 (.3 kg) to 14,000 (10 kg) depending on weight.z

Airmail
Fast, includes tracking, and insurance, but weight caps at 2 kg. Less expensive than EMS. Prices range from 940 (.3 kg) to 3,070 (2 kg). 3-6 Day delivery time.

SAL Small Packet:
Cheaper than both previous options, and takes 1-3 weeks to arrive. Also capped at 2kg and 90cm for combined height + width + length. Comes in two types, registered and unregistered. Registered is not any faster, but provides tracking and insurance for 410 yen more. Price ranges from 380 to 2,080, adding 410 yen for registered.
[Avoid this during the holidays unless you're ok waiting for over a month for your stuff. Due to the high volume of mail between November and January it's advised you choose EMS or Airmail unless you are very patient.

SAL Parcel
Worst method. Slow and expensive, don't choose this one ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom