• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arveene

Neo Member
So what does everyone think of e2046? I know they're bootlegs, but they're one of the only ways you'll ever be able to get a painted GK if you have no idea how to paint and assemble them. Was hoping anyone on here with an account there would add the Elin Lancer to Gathering Choice Station so we can get a painted version.

zoku88

So what does everyone think of e2046? I know they're bootlegs, but they're one of the only ways you'll ever be able to get a painted GK if you have no idea how to paint and assemble them. Was hoping anyone on here with an account there would add the Elin Lancer to Gathering Choice Station so we can get a painted version.

Meh, most of the kits are recasts of event only kits, so I don't really have a problem with them.

Maybe only in the scenarios where they sell recasts of easily available kits.

New WW looks fantastic. Even though she's still unpainted her face looks like it will be something amazing.

I have the original WW release so I'll wait for the colored sculpt before deciding. Would have been an instant buy for me if she had a much more different costume. I was really expecting more from an armored WW than just a skirt and a cape.

chrono01

Here's a sculpt of Sorceress from Dragon's Crown [Alpha Max]:

iWf9weAxaPWaN.jpg

YES...

OH YES!!!!

chrono01

face is cute, boobs are big and the base is awesome.

DAY FUCKING ONE
Seriously. She "checks" all of the boxes, for me, although I don't personally mind a smaller chest either. However, the face and base are perfect.

I feel Alpha Max captures her design perfectly. I can't wait.

Dragon's Crown (Beat 'em up RPG, what's not to love =3) seems like I will become a fan of the series so likely to get =D
I'm really excited for it too [and no, not only for "those" reasons, I'll likely main the Fighter, at least initially]. I have both versions pre-ordered despite only having a PS3 at the moment.

i21kfq9.jpg

Sold. Day one, no question, no matter the price.

Here's a clearer pic.
lWsxxC8.jpg
Same here, I'm purchasing her regardless of cost. I must have her.

Thanks for the clearer picture, BTW!

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Face is weird but the rest is fine.

alphamax generally makes solid sculpts. Its just an early proto anyways.

Shrug. Last alpha max think I liked was muv-luv girl or anything.

And the face isn't that great but the torso is way too thin. Proportions are somehow worse than the original character. This has moved into parody ero garage kit territory.

chrono01

This will be the most sold figure of all time.

Are her boobs bigger than the art?

And yes, day one.

btw what is sher? 1/6? 1/8?
Unfortunately, it's too early to tell, not much else is known at the moment. I'm sure we'll learn more at Wonderfes this month [July 28th].

I personally feel she'll be 1/6 scale, given the detail in both her as well as the base.

Here's hoping!

LiK

Unfortunately, it's too early to tell, not much else is known at the moment. I'm sure we'll learn more at Wonderfes this month [July 28th].

I personally feel she'll be 1/6 scale, given the detail in both her as well as the base.

Here's hoping!

Wow, WonFes is during my bday? Sweet

As someone who doesn't care for the Anime look, you have to pardon my ignorance when I ask, are you guys really attracted to that character? I like boobs as much as the next guy (ass man though) but, I dunno...I just don't see the appeal.

Has she been in other games? Is she in an anime I clearly have no knowledge of? If not, why be excited for a character in a game you've never played before?

My love of toys stems for my love of character designs and development in other mediums. Movies, books, cartoons/tv, games, etc. So buying a toy is just an extension of that love for that character.

I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, I'm honestly curious.

LiK

As someone who doesn't care for the Anime look, you have to pardon my ignorance when I ask, are you guys really attracted to that character? I like boobs as much as the next guy (ass man though) but, I dunno...I just don't see the appeal.

Has she been in other games? Is she in an anime I clearly have no knowledge of? If not, why be excited for a character in a game you've never played before?

My love of toys stems for my love of character designs and development in other mediums. Movies, books, cartoons/tv, games, etc. So buying a toy is just an extension of that love for that character.

She's in the upcoming game Dragon's Crown. Look up the trailers. :)

johnsmith

remember me

Even though I haven't played Dragon's Crown yet, I have it preordered because I like the developer, Vanillaware, I love their art style, I like the work of the artist responsible, George Kamitani, and Vanillaware games have produced some fantastic figures in the past. So yeah, there's lots of reasons for me to like this figure.

more pics and more angles here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/95676094@N02/sets/72157634708987897/

And looks like Orchid Seed is making one too!
m5sYt8V.jpg

chrono01

Even though I haven't played Dragon's Crown yet, I have it preordered because I like the developer, Vanillaware, I love their art style, I like the work of the artist responsible, George Kamitani, and Vanillaware games have produced some fantastic figures in the past. So yeah, there's lots of reasons for me to like this figure.

m5sYt8V.jpg
I was just about to post this!

So Kotobukiya, Alpha Max, and Orchid Seed are making Dragon's Crown figures? So much popularity, but deservedly do. The game looks amazing.

Wonderfes can't come here soon enough!

Giolon

Here's a sculpt of Sorceress from Dragon's Crown [Alpha Max]:

iWf9weAxaPWaN.jpg

YES...

OH YES!!!!

Wowza...

Where's Amazon!?

m5sYt8V.jpg

Oh no, I'm in trouble!

not a fan of ridic boobs. I would only get sorc if the paint job is well done. I'm more into the archer honestly.

Big reason I'm passing on mammon or whatever (seven deadly sins). Just not my cup of tea.

Giolon

not a fan of ridic boobs. I would only get sorc if the paint job is well done. I'm more into the archer honestly.

Big reason I'm passing on mammon or whatever (seven deadly sins). Just not my cup of tea.

Same. Mammon was the favorite of my designs, but what they ended up doing to her boobs in the sculpt is just too much. I was hoping Alter would pick up the Dragon's Crown designs. They did great justice to Kongiku. Orchid Seed may yet do a good job w/ Sorceress.

Now, somebody get Amazon!

I love Vanillaware games. Still think Odin Sphere is my favorite, but I'm definitely looking forward to Dragon's Crown. Online co-op ftw. Have my pre-order all paid off and everything. Only thing is that it comes out on the same day as Tales of Xillia.

As for the figures, how many companies are making these things? In the case of 87 Sorceress figures, I'll see what they all come up with and just buy the one I like best. Can't wait until they get to Amazon, though. Dem thighs.

Looks like Alpha Max did a nice job on the Sorc, but she does nothing for me personally. Shame because the base is awesome.

Fear not Alpha Max, I'll buy your sitting Saber Lily if the paint looks good.

The Postie was kind enough to drop of my Atelier Meruru this morning :3

SAL delivery strikes again. 7 days and no custom charges.

Will update this post with none phone photos when I unbox her.

ASKJHADSKFHASLGHAF. Was it SAL unregistered?

Looking forward to the pics, she seems like a fun figure.

ASKJHADSKFHASLGHAF. Was it SAL unregistered?

Looking forward to the pics, she seems like a fun figure.

Nope SAL registered. I used to go by EMS for speed and insurance, but lately SAL has been taking 2 weeks max for delivery and no custom charges to date.

I refuse to give Parcel Force any more of my hard earned pounds >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom