• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plastikitty has pics of Chun-Li and Jun Kazama sculpts.

Looks like I'll be getting my first Tekken bishoujo. Not sure about that Chun, though. Good sculpt, but I'm worried about the lack of support other than a single leg.

Also, TFAW.com has a pic of the Dark Horse Retro Girl (Powers) statue. Was totally looking forward to it... now, not so much. And that price? Fuck.

support should be fine if they screw the figure into the base. They have done that for most of the tekken figs.

Looks like I'll be getting my first Tekken bishoujo. Not sure about that Chun, though. Good sculpt, but I'm worried about the lack of support other than a single leg.

Also, TFAW.com has a pic of the Dark Horse Retro Girl (Powers) statue. Was totally looking forward to it... now, not so much. And that price? Fuck.
Lol... here's two more. They seem to have taken those pics straight off a video LMAO.
QBuCyEF.jpg

sFR0pou.png

Ugh, because I'm using a new person to get me Comic Con exclusives, my doubts kicked in fast and I just bought everything except one item I wanted on eBay.

This includes:

Marvel Universe Deadpool Corps set
Funko Shadow Illidan
Kidrobot Shin Akuma
Star Wars Black Boba Fett w/Han in Carbonite
and finally Marvel Legends Thunderbolts set

At least my friend did get me Kidrobot Mecha Zangeif. If they do end up coming through, I'm just going to have to resell all these items.

This was a ridiculous amount of cash. It's a sickness.

For a sideshow original(means a character that was just made up by them) the prices for a premium format are around 349.99 atm. I'm guessing they will do the same for her or try to push it too 369.99. They have a system that lets you pay in installments too over the period when you order and when it finally comes out. Be warned though, sideshow tends to have a bunch of delays with their figures.
Also although it's an amazing piece, I wouldn't buy it with the intention of re-selling it down the line because she is a custom made character and thus will be fairly hard to re-sell because there probably won't be much demand for her.

Thanks for the info. I'm new to the Sideshow line but I have a feeling one day I might cave in and finally order a statue from them.

johnsmith

remember me

Damn. Jun is looking good. Need to see better pics of Chun Li, but i'm pretty sure i'll get her unless they really screw it up.

And screw the haters, I'm really liking those Play Arts DC variants. It's not like they're any worse than bishoujos, guys. I'm really tempted to grab Wonder Woman at least, but with the Play Arts track record, I'm going to wait for reviews first.

If I ever paid that much for a statue I'd be disgusted with myself.

I think you may find extremely disgusting then lol

Damn. Jun is looking good. Need to see better pics of Chun Li, but i'm pretty sure i'll get her unless they really screw it up.

And screw the haters, I'm really liking those Play Arts DC variants. It's not like they're any worse than bishoujos, guys. I'm really tempted to grab Wonder Woman at least, but with the Play Arts track record, I'm going to wait for reviews first.

Some people are allergic to visible joints.

Ugh, because I'm using a new person to get me Comic Con exclusives, my doubts kicked in fast and I just bought everything except one item I wanted on eBay.

This includes:

Funko Shadow Illidan
Kidrobot Shin Akuma

At least my friend did get me Kidrobot Mecha Zangeif. If they do end up coming through, I'm just going to have to resell all these items.

Ohhh man I want that Thunderbolts set

I don't mind the sexiness of their figures, I have Harley Quinn and want their Catwoman and Wonder Woman. Some of their face sculpts do look bad sometimes cause of weird paint but that's about it. Also that The Dark Knight figure they released recently came out great

Jube3

This includes:

Funko Shadow Illidan
Kidrobot Shin Akuma

That's a big haul! I plan on grabbing the Shin Akuma and Mecha Zangief but I'm going to wait until the prices come down a bit. I need to pick up the glow in the dark blanka too, after grabbing these three I will have the whole set...well at least until series 2.

I don't mind the sexiness of their figures, I have Harley Quinn and want their Catwoman and Wonder Woman. Some of their face sculpts do look bad sometimes cause of weird paint but that's about it. Also that The Dark Knight figure they released recently came out great

See, face sculpts can be tricky. I thought Koto's bishoujo Elektra had a weird face, but then when she actually showed up on my doorstep, I thought the face sculpt was great. Sometimes even pictures can't convey exactly how something will look when it's in front of you.

That's a big haul! I plan on grabbing the Shin Akuma and Mecha Zangief but I'm going to wait until the prices come down a bit. I need to pick up the glow in the dark blanka too, after grabbing these three I will have the whole set...well at least until series 2.

Nice, I just need Glow in the dark Blanka. I got my collection set up at work.
null_zps180ac636.jpg

See, face sculpts can be tricky. I thought Koto's bishoujo Elektra had a weird face, but then when she actually showed up on my doorstep, I thought the face sculpt was great. Sometimes even pictures can't convey exactly how something will look when it's in front of you.

True but I'm talking about stuff like this which is on a whole different levels

kmSB8y5.jpg

P.S I'm not trying to shit on play arts kai figures. I think some of them look great. Surprised to see they will be doing Alien figures from that Colonel Marines game

01qgR7M.jpg

Bombless

Miku figma get!

About Playarts...I have WW, Harlock and Kei preordered. I like their takes on classic characters most of the time. I just find the idea of Bats wearing shorts dumb. That Supergirl I guess I'll wait to see her painted before passing judgement, but the boob armour is silly. (and yes, I admit that's rich coming from a Powergirl fan).

Those figs in the pic above though, yikes.

Only thing from Play Arts that caught my attention this year was the new Assassin's Creed figures. Here's hoping they're in scale with their Ezio, though I have my doubts since they don't make em as big anymore.

I'm a little ashamed to own that Edward. It's too bad since Alphonse is fantastic.

True but I'm talking about stuff like this which is on a whole different levels

kmSB8y5.jpg

P.S I'm not trying to shit on play arts kai figures. I think some of them look great. Surprised to see they will be doing Alien figures from that Colonel Marines game

Here is the real problem with Play Arts.
Play+Arts+Kai+Kratos+Scale.JPG

Scale is god aweful
WTF!
Edit: oh I might buy XIII-2 Lightning, she is the correct size with my Squall and Rinoa.

Has this been posted yet

RocBase

I think this is especially true for Koto's bishoujo collection. Storm doesn't look nearly as good on any of the photos I've seen as she does in real life...I was actually taken aback when I received her.

Sometimes I browse round my local comic store and they'll have a few imports of the Marvel/DC bishoujo figures. I always thought Phoenix's face looked silly from the photos but after having seen her in person she doesn't look nearly as bad.

Nice, I just need Glow in the dark Blanka. I got my collection set up at work.
null_zps180ac636.jpg

That's a real sweet collection! I actually wanted to start my own of the SF Kidrobots as they kept offering promo discounts on streams but I'm a little short on cash atm, so I'll have to wait.

So I don't have any idea who WorldBox are, and they don't seem to even have a website, but they're making 1/6 Sub Zero and I haven't seen it posted yet:

993310_491558270918711_694665714_n.jpg

1000463_491558544252017_3914909_n.jpg

Aside from the head being too big, it looks like they did a good job. I'm not an MK guy though, so I'm not sure how popular his MK9 outfit is.

Ok, so. SDCC.

Saw photos of this at the Triforce booth.

SDCC-2013-Triforce-042.jpg

Sort of crapped my pants here.

Does anyone know if Triforce has a history of just making con-exclusive display pieces?

Because honestly I'd pay megabucks for this, I just can't find release info.

RMI

Banned
Word. She looks GREAT!
Very clean and idolmasters-ish. Except for dem shoulders, but eh.

WuIJVpH.jpg

I'm not sure how worth it is to get this new Miku Figma. I have the original one and while this new one is much improved and I like the accessories (especially the guitar!) I don't know that it's worth the $40 or whatever it'll cost after shipping for what basically amounts to an incremental upgrade. I'll have to think on this.

Ok, so. SDCC.

Saw photos of this at the Triforce booth.

SDCC-2013-Triforce-042.jpg

Sort of crapped my pants here.

Does anyone know if Triforce has a history of just making con-exclusive display pieces?

Because honestly I'd pay megabucks for this, I just can't find release info.

Going to be honest, I had no idea what that was from. I looked it up though and found this about a Hawken panel taking place on July 21: "Drew Seldin (Project Triforce) will be showing a meticulously detailed new mech premiere scale statue." I have to assume that means they'll be selling it. It would be a dick move to show it to the target audience for something like that and then say "lol can't buy it tho" and zoidberg out of the room.

It's good that you're willing to pay megabucks though, because Premier Scale Death is selling for $600-650.

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if they don't end up selling it :p

Giolon

New WW:

Some clearer shots of Jun and Chun in that gallery as well.

Wonder Woman is looking pretty fantastic! I really like the face sculpt they did, even though it's a bit harsher than the Shunya illustration. The Jun sculpt is surprisingly impressive for such a static pose. It gives off a similar strength to the original Wonder Woman Bishoujo.

Chun-li on the other hand...her face looks too narrow and angular with overly puffy cheeks like the Xiaoyu ended up with. Things are not looking good for this one IMO. I'll have to reserve final judgement until she's painted, but I've been really disappointed with this one overall between the crotch-tastic pose and the iffy face sculpt. It's too bad b/c Chun-li is one of my favorites.

sca2511

Love the unpainted bishoujos. Definitely scooping up that WW and Chun. Jun's breasts are huge, but I like the character so a probable pickup.

Going to be honest, I had no idea what that was from. I looked it up though and found this about a Hawken panel taking place on July 21: "Drew Seldin (Project Triforce) will be showing a meticulously detailed new mech premiere scale statue." I have to assume that means they'll be selling it. It would be a dick move to show it to the target audience for something like that and then say "lol can't buy it tho" and zoidberg out of the room.

It's good that you're willing to pay megabucks though, because Premier Scale Death is selling for $600-650.

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if they don't end up selling it :p

Yeah, big Hawken fan here. I....I've admired Triforce's Gears guns from a distance because I wasn't that keen on the franchise.

This though.

Shitting Christ I might bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom