• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been on a huge DOA kick of late. Is it wrong to hope that Yamashita does a DOA collab, much like the Tekken Bishoujo line? Would that ever happen?

Dunno. Anything is possible, with Kotobukiya branching into new fighting game franchises for characters to make bishoujos out of. Though Namco and Capcom have always seemed to be more into marketing their characters outside of games than Tecmo.

Dunno. Anything is possible, with Kotobukiya branching into new fighting game franchises for characters to make bishoujos out of. Though Namco and Capcom have always seemed to be more into marketing their characters outside of games than Tecmo.

well tecmo got official DOA pillow covers and boob mouse pads lol

Torraz

Why are there so few (good) male figures :(?

Just (nearly) finished Tales of Xillia 2, and I would love a nice Gaius or Alvin figure...

New-ish to this thread, completely in awe of lurking from the last.

Been on a huge DOA kick of late. Is it wrong to hope that Yamashita does a DOA collab, much like the Tekken Bishoujo line? Would that ever happen?

I wasn't really keen on his Kasumi figures, but damn, I'd kill for something like that.
You should try making a thread on SF to get Gonk(and hopefully Koto's attention). It can easily happen if enough interest is shown from statue collectors.

New-ish to this thread, completely in awe of lurking from the last.

I wasn't really keen on his Kasumi figures, but damn, I'd kill for something like that.

I'd love to see that happen though I have a feeling the next in line might be Soul Calibur.

Japanese manufacturer Furyu is working with the lottery provider Minna no Kuji to give away exclusive Shin Megami Tensei figures.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/21/shin-megami-tensei-figures-coming-from-furyu/
The rank A prize is a 17-cm figure of the Demi-fiend from Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne.
0015.jpg

The rank B prize is a 17-cm figure of Vishnu.
0024.jpg

The rank C prize is a 45-cm Decarabia cushion.
0037.jpg

The rank D prize is a 10-cm Nue figure.
0048.jpg

The rank E prize is a 10-cm Pyro Jack figure.
0056.jpg

If you live in Japan, get your kuji lottery tickets this October. If you don’t live in Japan, check the online auction site of your choice.

Noooo =( Damn T-T

Alphamax Saber Lily is up for pre-order. As far as I'm aware they didn't even show painted pics before listing her. Anyway:

tumblr_mqbl5w64Kh1qzdctco1_500.jpg

8,540 JPY at amiami.
8,130 JPY at BiJ.

Release date? You guessed it, late fucking December. So I'll probably have to pass despite liking her a lot.

Looks like my local comic book shop has Bishōjo Catwoman for $200. I'm not going to lie, I'm tempted
If it's a holy grail to you, or that one nagging missing piece of your collection then just go for it. What's the point of saving all this money if you can't spend it on things you want?

Jube3

If it's a holy grail to you, or that one nagging missing piece of your collection then just go for it. What's the point of saving all this money if you can't spend it on things you want?

Why is that Bishoujo going for so much more than the others? Was that an exclusive or limited run?I don't follow the line, but I usually see those for 50-60 bucks.

Why is that Bishoujo going for so much more than the others? Was that an exclusive or limited run?I don't follow the line, but I usually see those for 50-60 bucks.

I don't know about Catwoman specifically, but I just sold my Dark Phoenix for £145, which is about $220. A few of them do demand a high aftermarket price.

Edit: and they're both standard run.

Generally, once a figure is no longer in production, the prices will skyrocket once existing inventory is exhausted. Provided, of course, that the demand is still there. That's why you'll see single figures sometimes going for $300 - $500.

It was the second release in the DC series and hasn't gotten any sort of reissue or rerelease since her initial release in early 2011. Plus she's an incredibly popular character and it shows a lot of boob.

Elixir

So with some of you guys collecting figures and statues for a while, what are some names that you've found to make really good quality stuff ("grails" especially) and names whose products you avoid for some reason or another?

You seem to be misusing this term completely. A "grail" is meant to symbolize something that either doesn't exist, is too expensive to purchase on the aftermarket, or was never made into PVC from GK. It has nothing to do with the manufacturer's "quality" at all.

SUPARSTARX

I must have ALL of the DBZ stuff. I currently only have SSJ3 Goku, SSJ Vegeta and Perfect Cell in my possession. And them androids!

sky

You seem to be misusing this term completely. A "grail" is meant to symbolize something that either doesn't exist, is too expensive to purchase on the aftermarket, or was never made into PVC from GK. It has nothing to do with the manufacturer's "quality" at all.

I always think of a "grail" as describing your own personal must-have but difficult-to-obtain item. Because of money, rarity, etc... that one figure you are always seeking or hoping to purchase some day. When you finally get it, it's like you've just completed a perilous quest.

Alphamax Saber Lily is up for pre-order. As far as I'm aware they didn't even show painted pics before listing her. Anyway:

Looks quite nice... it feels like there's a new saber every week, though O_O.

yep it is the only DC Bishouju I am missing. I do have $200 in "extra money" but I was saving that up for a Hot Toys 89 Joker. Why won't they just release her already so I can get her cheap!

No, the world needs GOOD Lightning figures, in pre-posed pvc glory! :p
Na, I like articulation.
Think I will go with XIII-2 version for the design and scale.
Ugh Lightning returns looks to be even bigger than XIII's

My Squall is one of my favorite figures I own so being in scale with him is a huge bonus.
(if they made a Kingdom Hearts version of Squall it would probably be my favorite figure I owned)

Persona 3 The Movie eh? Come on, somebody who isn't Megahouse.

Looks quite nice... it feels like there's a new saber every week, though O_O.

Lol yeah it kind of does. I've got 2 right now. GSC Lily and Excalibur. If Alter got a re-release I'd be happy with those 3. She actually might considering the new anime supposedly uses that storyline. I'm always tempted by Lily figures though.

chrono01

tumblr_mqbl5w64Kh1qzdctco1_500.jpg

8,540 JPY at amiami.
8,130 JPY at BiJ.

Release date? You guessed it, late fucking December. So I'll probably have to pass despite liking her a lot.
Seriously. Another December release? This is essentially another January 2013 event on our hands, although the majority of those releases were delayed and same might happen here, but still...

I can't trust to delays and, because of this, I'm passing on more figures than I would have had they been released in a different month. I really don't understand why so many manufacturers are scheduling their releases for December. Why would you want your figure in that much competition? It would make sense to release it in a different month or, even, push it into 2014. I'd be fine with either. :(

Seriously. Another December release? This is essentially another January 2013 event on our hands, although the majority of those releases were delayed and same might happen here, but still...

I can't trust to delays and, because of this, I'm passing on more figures than I would have had they been released in a different month. I really don't understand why so many manufacturers are scheduling their releases for December. Why would you want your figure in that much competition? It would make sense to release it in a different month or, even, push it into 2014. I'd be fine with either. :(

Is it normal for stuff to get delayed that often. I know kotobukiya is pretty good with nailing their est release dates. I've had issues with Sideshow quite a bit. Was hoping it was an American only thing, but I guess not.

chrono01

Is it normal for stuff to get delayed that often. I know kotobukiya is pretty good with nailing their est release dates. I've had issues with Sideshow quite a bit. Was hoping it was an American only thing, but I guess not.
GSC, Orchid Seed, Max Factory and Alter [especially Alter] have a tendency to delay things. You're right with Kotobukiya, they seem to be pretty good at making their release dates, and Megahouse too [sometimes they'll delay a figure but it's usually only for a week or two]. Phat Company can delay an item on occasion as well [such as their Bayonetta].

It's not at all odd to see Alter delay a figure three or four times [sometimes more] which results in a 6 month+ delay time period. I've gotten used to it by now so any release from them [especially if it's in the first round of delays] I expect to get 4+ months later. GSC usually delays theirs for many a month or two, and the same for Max Factory.

I don't like trusting to them, though, as it's not a nice habit to get into it. You never can predict these kinds of things, but with Alter it's a nigh certainty.

Giolon

My Asmodeus from Orchid Seed was delayed by 6 months. I've had other figures get delayed by 1-3 months fairly consistently. You'll have to learn to expect it for Japanese figures too. Kongiku was delayed by

Orchid Seed and Alter are the worst at keeping a schedule. I don't think there's been a single figma (Max Factory/Good Smile Company) that hasn't been delayed.

chrono01

My Asmodeus from Orchid Seed was delayed by 6 months. I've had other figures get delayed by 1-3 months fairly consistently. You'll have to learn to expect it for Japanese figures too. Kongiku was delayed by

Orchid Seed and Alter are the worst at keeping a schedule. I don't think there's been a single figma (Max Factory/Good Smile Company) that hasn't been delayed.
Yeah, Asmodeus was a pain to wait for, especially since I already had her fully paid off. -_-

She was well worth the wait, though!

BTW, re-release of Kaname Madoka and Tomoe Mami [Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica] scheduled for October.

Pre-orders should open tonight. Great for those that missed them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom