• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
This is me

tumblr_lmta5z7HLV1qii8tjo1_500.jpg

GSC's list of delays for July so far:

Changed to August 2013
Max Factory - figma Guts: Band of the Hawk ver.
Good Smile Company - Karen Araragi
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Rin Natsume
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Ren & Darth wooser
FREEing - 1/7th Scale Racing Miku 2012 ver.
Penguin Parade - Yukimura Kusunoki
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Toshiki Kai
Good Smile Company - wooser's Fluffy Pass Case
Max Factory - S.A.F.S & Pilot Original Cast Sculpture
Good Smile Racing - GSR ProjectMirai BMW 2012: Second Leg Fuji ver.
Phat! Company - Magical Nia
Phat! Company - Twin Pack+: Yoko & Nia + Boota PSG Arrange ver.
Phat! Company - Nendoroid Houki Shinonono
Phat! Company - Bayonetta

Yes, you read that right, Bayonetta was delayed again. Those hoping for Bayonetta 2 can take solace in the fact she would have less hair to manufacture.

I don't see "elf" on that list... all is well...

That was also my response after chuckling at Bayonetta.

Hot Toys added some SDCC pics to their facebook, and it seems the prices actually read $TBD for some figures, which would explain why Igor looked like $750 lol. Example:

1001070_10151502553452344_1592675312_n.jpg

They also teased Prometheus:

945110_10151502553877344_2009594307_n.jpg

I wish the Hot Toys Prometheus line started with an engineer instead of Shaw. I have a feeling this will be a one and done line and we won't get anymore than one figure

LosDaddie

Banned

These are the only figures that do anything for me. I'd like to get a Predator figure eventually, as I did enjoy Predators (the movie). And Apocalypse has been a favorite villain of mine since the Xmen 90s cartoon. But I won't be getting either.

The new Iron Man 3 armors look great & all, but seeing how they had had a combined ~2min of actual screen time, I just don't care for any of them. So glad I'm getting the Mk7 from Avengers.

Cheska

Now say AmiAmi just sent me an invoice for two figures I don't want anymore, could I essentially just ignore it and they would eventually cancel it? Would that affect any of my other orders with them?

johnsmith

remember me
You're risking a ban. It's much more likely to happen of you didn't request a cancellation and they already sent a payment request.

Now say AmiAmi just sent me an invoice for two figures I don't want anymore, could I essentially just ignore it and they would eventually cancel it? Would that affect any of my other orders with them?

For the love of God just pay them. It's best to treat your transactions with Amiami the same way one would conduct business with gangsters.

Cheska

Dang! I honestly got them because I thought they would be shipping with Bayo and I could save quite a bit by combining shipping :/

Is AmiAmi really that loanshark-like? I've let two orders lapse with no issues. Granted, that's two out of a dozen, but still.

I think it depends on the figure as well. If it's one that they know will sell almost immediately if they re-list it, then they're less likely to drop the banhammer. But as always, your mileage will vary.

SUPARSTARX

Oh boy... screw that Mandarin btw. Movie ruined it

MoS Zod is a must preorder. Please give us Faora, Howard Chan (Hot Toys Ceo)!!

Tempted to pre-order heart breaker and a silver centurion to go along with it. Getting a set of hall of armor is almost worth it even if you missed the earlier Mark releases.

Gotta get the Bat case/armory. There is a custom branded TDK armory for sale somewhere that looks great.

Yeah, gg wallet. I still want that Bruce Willis figure too. And dat Nathan Drake...

Bombless

SMH

nwnwQnK.jpg

Also ordered Figma Strength and Kamael.

Kamael will go with the other two elves and while I don't know Black Rock Shooter that figma is nothing short of amazing.

Heartbreaker pre-ordered. Now comes the gauntlet of willpower. Will I also order both Gemini and Silver Centurion, or just Gemini? Enjoy that second vacation home, Hot Toys CEO.

So that's what Batgirl would look like if designed by a committee of 12 year olds that had just enough restraint to keep her breasts covered.

Dead

well not really...yet
Looks like HT fixed the body sculpt of MoS Superman since the reveal

Ie8v3yP.jpg

No longer Fatman.

Mute the colors more to match the movie, lengthen the cape and it will be perfect.

Supes is lookin good, there's just too many other figures I want and I hate buying figures with no accessories. He will be a big maybe for me

Looks like HT fixed the body sculpt of MoS Superman since the reveal

Ie8v3yP.jpg

No longer Fatman.

Mute the colors more to match the movie, lengthen the cape and it will be perfect.
He looks nice. Didn't care for the movie at all so I won't bother spending money on him. Still, the head sculpt looks solid.

LosDaddie

Banned
Supes is lookin good, there's just too many other figures I want and I hate buying figures with no accessories. He will be a big maybe for me

I already pre-ordered him at my local comic shop. Other than Hulk & Iron Man, Superman was the only other character I'd be willing to drop $200+ on. Those 3 will complete my Hot Toys collection....at least until Avengers 2

Hey people who know better...

If I was moving cross-country with a POD-type container and I want to keep my boxes as safe as possible, is it better to keep them padded in a cardboard box or should I get some giant plastic bins?

Or something else entirely?

LiK

POD?

If you're moving, cardboard is fine as long as the box is thick and you use bubble wrap or other filler to prevent them from banging into each other.

Maybe it's regional - it's a metal crate you fill up yourself then it goes on a bumpy truck that gets sorted and meets you at your destination.

The figure boxes are only scary to me because they are so light and fragile if the outer cardboard gets dented.

And generally these things are somehow more expensive per square foot than whatever else I own.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Superior Elin colourway.

kwCJ8Bh.jpg

And good Seib
M0pGEWX.jpg

Tiger & Bun @ WF
SraH4uT.jpg

Also lol @ risking a ban from Amiami for 2 figures. Haven't heard of them banning someone for that since like 2008. Perpetuated myth at this point.

Dam that Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy comiquettes are sweet

My interest is piqued. How much would a Sideshow statue like this set me back? Is this a Premium Format Figure which I also assume is their top range?
For a sideshow original(means a character that was just made up by them) the prices for a premium format are around 349.99 atm. I'm guessing they will do the same for her or try to push it too 369.99. They have a system that lets you pay in installments too over the period when you order and when it finally comes out. Be warned though, sideshow tends to have a bunch of delays with their figures.
Also although it's an amazing piece, I wouldn't buy it with the intention of re-selling it down the line because she is a custom made character and thus will be fairly hard to re-sell because there probably won't be much demand for her.

What company is this by. I'm liking the style. Reminds me of the JL cartoons style a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom