• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPARSTARX

They're making a 1/12 Batman to go with The Bat, too? Hmm..

I really want the 1/6 Striding Cloud. I hope they do more because Enterbay isn't reissuing their Storm Warriors line and I can only get my hands on Striding Cloud at a fair price. I can't even find Wind or Nameless at a good price.

Just got the preorder notification for the Mary Jane Comiquette, and it's going for $250...

You US collectors are spoiled :p I'm sure I'll be paying the equivalent of around $300 in the UK. Still, I'm working on the assumption that I'll run out of space before money. I like to live on the edge.

RocBase

Well, good luck with that. :)

maybe if i sold an organ...

To top it off it looks like you have to pay upfront and can't pay with anything but a credit card. She looks absolutely gorgeous though: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id...nt=Image+-+Click+Here&utm_campaign=072513news

You US collectors are spoiled :p I'm sure I'll be paying the equivalent of around $300 in the UK. Still, I'm working on the assumption that I'll run out of space before money. I like to live on the edge.

Oh I wish I was in the US, would save me a whole lot of money haha. I don't even bother buying figures locally because even with the shipping + tax their prices are bloated by such dumb proportions.

LiK

maybe if i sold an organ...

To top it off it looks like you have to pay upfront and can't pay with anything but a credit card. She looks absolutely gorgeous though: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id...nt=Image+-+Click+Here&utm_campaign=072513news

Oh I wish I was in the US, would save me a whole lot of money haha. I don't even bother buying figures locally because even with the shipping + tax their prices are bloated by such dumb proportions.

Flexpay not available for you?

LiK

Some new pick-ups

E266FC76-E825-4F67-B6DF-8AFC3173CD36-6517-0000051821149ECF_zps20ad56dc.jpg

DDA4A0CE-15F3-4272-AD7A-8483D71E1C16-7681-000006412C8E5A5E_zps6d3da819.jpg

I was wondering where the old thread went! Gotta sub to this one.

Just got back from SDCC on Monday, lots of interesting stuff coming down the pipeline from the announcements. Looking forward to WonFes this weekend though I'll be coordinating coverage for my site at 3 in the morning.

RocBase

yup.

and where do you see that it requires you to pay upfront? i've never had to do that for any figures at SS. they only require a deposit for certain figures.

I tried to do a test checkout to see if there'd be a shipping estimate but it was already asking me to fill out credit card details, so I assumed so. I couldn't actually get passed that point since I don't have a credit card of my own lol.

I tried to do a test checkout to see if there'd be a shipping estimate but it was already asking me to fill out credit card details, so I assumed so. I couldn't actually get passed that point since I don't have a credit card of my own lol.

Debit card? That would probably work, too. As long as it has a Mastercard or Visa logo.

LiK

oh, yea, i only order with a CC so i'm not sure what other payment methods they accept. but they won't charge you until they ship.

as for shipping price, they don't give you an exact number when you order. you need to ask for a quote or just wait for it to ship to know.

they have excellent CSR so if you're unsure of anything, just email them. they're very helpful. that's why i love buying from them.

chrono01

Vertex's Noel definitely looks good:

i5o2tcrmHn7zy.jpg

Here's hoping she's a 2014 release, I need a Noel figure. :(

Also, congrats on the pick-up, LiK! So much goodness.

I'm tempted to jump into collecting Pacific Rim figures as well, but with so many Jaegers [and Kaiju] I'm a bit hesitant. I'm already suffering enough. >_<

Uh-oh. Flexpay-esque service now available in the UK. Now, about that Hellboy statue...

I will say, it is definitely cheaper to buy Hot Toys and Sideshow stuff locally for me. I just checked and MJ is actually listed here now. £205/$315. Rough, but cheaper than an import + VAT + handling.

JP stuff is inflated beyond reason though for sure. Dizzy and Tharja are £120/$185. I mean really, what the hell. Also they only get stock 3 months after the JP release. What's not to love?!

RocBase

Yep, that's the monthly payment plan option. I used it on my Premium Format Poison Ivy and am doing the same for my Hot Toys RoboCop. Works pretty well. They'll send you an e-mail each month before the payment is charged.

oh, yea, i only order with a CC so i'm not sure what other payment methods they accept. but they won't charge you until they ship.

as for shipping price, they don't give you an exact number when you order. you need to ask for a quote or just wait for it to ship to know.

they have excellent CSR so if you're unsure of anything, just email them. they're very helpful. that's why i love buying from them.
Well this changes everything! And thanks for the note about the shipping, I'll shoot them a mail now regarding it.

Debit card? That would probably work, too. As long as it has a Mastercard or Visa logo.

I...don't have that either ); I'll just bum off my sister and pay her the exchange.

Really helpful guys, thanks a lot.

JP stuff is inflated beyond reason though for sure. Dizzy and Tharja are £120/$185.

$185 for Tharja? Holy fuck. That must be a tough pill to swallow. I'm paying like, $200 in December for her AND Heather Mason. I'm still on the fence over Junko.

But the Heather Mason figure is pretty amazing. The freckles are very well done, and I've heard that if you look closely, you can even see the veins under her skin.

RocBase

I will say, it is definitely cheaper to buy Hot Toys and Sideshow stuff locally for me. I just checked and MJ is actually listed here now. £205/$315. Rough, but cheaper than an import + VAT + handling.

JP stuff is inflated beyond reason though for sure. Dizzy and Tharja are £120/$185. I mean really, what the hell. Also they only get stock 3 months after the JP release. What's not to love?!
?! Once one is used to being spoiled by Amiami's discounts those inflated prices look all the more rude lol
You know I noticed this happens quite a bit with western online stores too, they stock up on JP releases months after their actual release and I remember causing hell to the owner of one store because of it. Really weird.

Noel is looking nice, but I'm waiting to see how Vertex delivers on Mitsuru next month before thinking about buying her.

$185 for Tharja? Holy fuck. That must be a tough pill to swallow. I'm paying like, $200 in December for her AND Heather Mason. I'm still on the fence over Junko.

But the Heather Mason figure is pretty amazing. The freckles are very well done, and I've heard that if you look closely, you can even see the veins under her skin.

For sure. Somebody is buying them at those prices though, because they sell out for the most part. Maybe I should be jealous, since they probably have more bank and less spare time than me ;)

Heather is really impressive. The price doesn't seem so bad when you really look at her. If you want to get excited about Junko though give the game a try. The anime sucks so far, so it's the way to go.

?! Once one is used to being spoiled by Amiami's discounts those inflated prices look all the more rude lol
You know I noticed this happens quite a bit with western online stores too, they stock up on JP releases months after their actual release and I remember causing hell to the owner of one store because of it. Really weird.

It is weird. The delay makes me feel like they're getting them from the manufacturer/distributor on a staggered release or something, so either they're being charged a stupid wholesale price or they're marking them up to high heaven. I have a guess which it is :p

One of my friends is still waiting to get Max Factory Hacker. Meanwhile she's in my display case hanging out.

If you want to get excited about Junko though give the game a try. The anime sucks so far, so it's the way to go.

I definitely like her. And I like how Monokuma is mimicking her pose. She's a bit steep, though. But so is Heather, I suppose. And Junko is supposed to be something like 10" tall.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Sorry for the out of place post but I think this is the appropriate place to ask but can someone link me to the tharja figure preorder?

SUPARSTARX

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not :)D) but The Bat is 1/6th scale isn't it?

Is that a 1/6 Bat jet?? They have been showing 1/12 scaled Bat jet for a while. I thought they have a perma molded Batman in there or something to fit inside. They canned the 1/6 Bat jet project in favor of 1/12 since it's too big.

They only had one real 1/6 one for display at their flagship store in Japan or Hong Kong I think.

Have you see the 1/6 Tumbler? The 1/6 Bat would be 2.5x the length. Basically every person buying one would need a crate to haul it out.

johnsmith

remember me
Are their shipping rates cheaper compared with AmiAmi/HobbySearch or about the same? I remember reading that they do give discounts on shipping but I've never verified this.

I've found there isn't much discrepancy in shipping costs from most shops. Just looking up a recent figure, they are charging 1080 yen for shipping on Meruru where amiami charged 880.

I've found there isn't much discrepancy in shipping costs from most shops. Just looking up a recent figure, they are charging 1080 yen for shipping on Meruru where amiami charged 880.

I know you love dat AmiAmi, and everyone knows I've got enough shit on order from them, but I'm not a fan of being unable to cancel items.

johnsmith

remember me
You know, I put up with it, just because the positives outweigh that negative. But so far I've never been in a situation where I've wanted to cancel a figure, so it doesn't really bother me.

Anyway, GK time.

WMQWNuo.jpg

ISl8uNV.png

ml6PQF5.png

PwpevTK.jpg

yaCAfCW.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom