• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I'm surprised Heather sold out already. Think I'm gonna wait for HLJ, though. I may pay a bit more, but I feel they're much more customer-friendly.

LiK

See? I was right, I hope its cuz it's a provisional preorder so that's the reason they sold out but it shows the high demand for them. I hope HLJ or Hobbysearch will have a bigger discount when they get them. Maybe I should've preordered from AmiAmi anyway.....

Jube3

More shots of the silver centurion! Definitely pre-ordering asap, probably going to be 250 like heartbreaker :(

603409_561504320578229_628976545_n.jpg

1069928_561504357244892_1576279678_n.jpg

1012217_561504433911551_1056366188_n.jpg

74617_561504450578216_1538918468_n.jpg

See? I was right, I hope its cuz it's a provisional preorder so that's the reason they sold out but it shows the high demand for them. I hope HLJ or Hobbysearch will have a bigger discount when they get them. Maybe I should've preordered from AmiAmi anyway.....

You know what? Fuck it. I don't really wanna spend that kind of money on a figure from a series I'm really not that into.

Jube3

Yea he looks so sick, very happy with how its come out.

Also they posted this on their Facebook page:

Not sure if they had confirmed it before but it seems (not too surprising) that Thor 2, Cap 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy Hot Toys are coming.

LiK

You know what? Fuck it. I don't really wanna spend that kind of money on a figure from a series I'm really not that into.

You'll be back.......muhahaha

Not sure if they had confirmed it before but it seems (not too surprising) that Thor 2, Cap 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy Hot Toys are coming.

Yea, Hot Toys has got it all locked down.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Damn the Silver Centurion looks awesome, might pick him up, the only Iron Man I have is the Mark V. Still waiting to see if they do the "Bones" armor, my favorite design from the film :

rEBJRVF.jpg

Also pics are leaking out from Ani-com HK and the first preview was definitely The Crow:

Ajz71et.jpg

GiDYxLq.jpg

51TDCji.jpg

More shots of the silver centurion! Definitely pre-ordering asap, probably going to be 250 like heartbreaker :(

That pic sold me on the Silver Centurion. I hope Hot Toys spaces out the releases. I may get into flex pay with Silver Centurion and Heartbreaker. (And clearly Igor)

Stoked what they will do with the Guardians Of The Galaxy. I hope the whole guardians will be made in 1/6. Worried about Rocket Raccoon and Groot.

Hell yeah! Sculpt looks good and they did the guitar. Will buy.

This is what I currently have planned for my office/display room. Long way to go but I've picked up a lot so far. I still need to pick up a new L shaped desk to replace my current desk as well as build/buy a canvas for the projector screen. Theres not much room on the other side of the office, there's a closet and the door (the grey squares are windows).

That's going to look awesome. I have some of the same stuff: 3 detolfs and a billy for figures right now and an L shaped desk with a PC and TV on it. I've also got a huge window and closet making those 2 walls unusable for displays. Your room is definitely bigger though, space for a projector screen and all that. At least I'll be able to take this stuff into account next time I move. Right now I'm fitting stuff into a place I moved into without displays in mind. At the time I probably had like 6 worldly possessions that would take up any space lol. We technically have a spare room in the house, but with 2 housemates it would be a dick move if I took it for myself :p

LosDaddie

Banned
Any of you guys who ordered HT Avengers Hulk from Sideshow get an update on the shipping yet? Their website still says shipping this month. I'm just wondering when my local comic shop will be getting theirs/mine in, but no one there knows how to check :(

Sideshow did email me today that they are charging my account tomorrow for Iron Man Mk7 :)

Not a fan. Those hand daggers look like something from Robocop (where he interfaces with computers).

Heartbreaker armor would be the one I'd buy if I had missed out on Iron Man Mk7.

LiK

Heather preorders are open again at AmiAmi. They made it 10% off now. Better! Gonna order from them. Fuck it.

Edit: beaten while I was ordering it lol

StayDead

There's not that many GOSICK fans out there who would actually buy a figure of Victorique but I think she looks great and have already placed my pre-order :D
I really enjoyed GOSICK >_<
The hair looks a bit funny and I've never bought something from this manufacture but being the only one...

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-001311&page=top

December release though...

I really enjoyed GOSICK too. Especially the murder mystery episodes. <3

LiK

I'm skipping Gwen. Don't like the design as much. I decided to preorder MJ for now just in case it sells out. I have plenty of time to change my mind. Gonna cancel a few figures that are coming this year. My love for them is over.

For FlexPay, any additional fees involved?

I think most items charge a deposit now. And if you cancel, they'll charge you like $20. The longer you wait the higher the cancellation fee, iirc. It should be in their FAQ.

I'm skipping Gwen. Don't like the design as much. I decided to preorder MJ for now just in case it sells out. I have plenty of time to change my mind. Gonna cancel a few figures that are coming this year. My love for them is over.

Which ones are you bailing on? I cancelled a couple myself: Suzuha and Melty. They're great sculpts, but I don't care enough. For Steins;Gate I'd rather Alter or GSC do Okabe. #WonFesWishlist

I'll decide on Gwen after I see her whole gallery. I do like both though.

damnit why'd they have to announce this before Kurisu is coming out.

Well Kurisu will be a pre-order for Nov, and MJ is Feb next year. You'd have time to save up, but I suppose it depends what else you have pre-ordered.

LiK

Gonna bail on the that large Sonico figure I preordered on impulse and a few other random figs in BBTS and HLJ. I tend to order from them for figures I'm on the fence about. I fell off the fence.

I need to sell more stuff on eBay anyway. Need the space and funds for all the upcoming Hot Toys stuff anyhoo.

sca2511

Which ones are you bailing on? I cancelled a couple myself: Suzuha and Melty. They're great sculpts, but I don't care enough. For Steins;Gate I'd rather Alter or GSC do Okabe. #WonFesWishlist

I'll decide on Gwen after I see her whole gallery. I do like both though.

Well Kurisu will be a pre-order for Nov, and MJ is Feb next year. You'd have time to save up, but I suppose it depends what else you have pre-ordered.

That's true. I guess I'm just afraid MJ will sell out/halt orders.

LiK

That's true. I guess I'm just afraid MJ will sell out/halt orders.

Yea, just preorder in full in SS. You can cancel anytime before they ship. Better than being stuck in a Wait List. Although I'm gonna assume other places will sell her too since it's not a SS exclusive.

Gonna bail on the that large Sonico figure I preordered on impulse and a few other random figs in BBTS and HLJ. I tend to order from them for figures I'm on the fence about. I fell off the fence.

I need to sell more stuff on eBay anyway. Need the space and funds for all the upcoming Hot Toys stuff anyhoo.

I seem to end up cancelling everything I have ordered with HLJ. I should have learned by now I only use them for stuff I end up not caring enough about. It's free though, so who cares :p

I've had some good luck selling stuff recently. Especially nice prices for the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix bishoujos. Way more than I paid anyway.

sca2511

Yea, just preorder in full in SS. You can cancel anytime before they ship. Better than being stuck in a Wait List. Although I'm gonna assume other places will sell her too since it's not a SS exclusive.

Gotcha. Hoping it'll be in stock for another few days.

chrono01

I seem to end up cancelling everything I have ordered with HLJ.
Same here. I actually feel guilty about it now every time I place a pre-order and then [subsequently] cancel later. ~_~

At least I do so months ahead of release and not a few days before. That way they're not stuck with additional stock.

December is becoming a critical month for releases. If figure manufacturers were smarter about their release dates, I'd be purchasing more items than I will be. Since December is already full for pre-orders for me, these are the figures I'll be passing on:

- Junko Enoshima
- Kamael
- Victorique de Blois
- Saber Lily
- Makise Kurisu figma
- Okabe Rintarou figma
- Etna Nendoroid
- Flonne Nendoroid

That's a lot of missed sales. However, if they were to release 1/2 in the months leading up to December [October/November] or even early 2014, it wouldn't be a problem. This is why stacking a month with so many figures is usually a bad idea. But then, maybe Christmas has something to do with it?

Now granted, I probably wouldn't have pre-order all of these figures [that would be insane], but Junko and Kamael would be pretty much guaranteed. Of course, a number of these will likely be pushed into 2014, but there's no way in knowing until closer to release and many of these will likely sell out before then.

Bombless

Oh man, I finally finished the complete rewatch of the City Hunter series and started Angel Heart.

Was searching for some wallpapers and found out Hot Toys put out Ryo and Saeko in 1/6 goodness in 2012....I think I'm going to jump on them, prices be damned. They look amazing.

tsi5UHc.jpg

Oh man, I finally finished the complete rewatch of the City Hunter series and started Angel Heart.

Was searching for some wallpapers and found out Hot Toys put out Ryo and Saeko in 1/6 goodness in 2012....I think I'm going to jump on them, prices be damned. They look amazing.

[IMG/]http://i.imgur.com/tsi5UHc.jpg[/IMG]
Man why didn't you post several months earlier on your interest on those figures, HobbyLinkJapan had sales on both figures for about $115 or so each...too late now =/

Heather preorders are open again at AmiAmi. They made it 10% off now. Better! Gonna order from them. Fuck it.

Edit: beaten while I was ordering it lol

So yeah, in a shocking twist that everyone saw coming, I ordered Heather Mason from AmiAmi. I guess I'm a sucker for sickly-looking jailbait.

December is becoming a critical month for releases. If figure manufacturers were smarter about their release dates, I'd be purchasing more items than I will be. Since December is already full for pre-orders for me, these are the figures I'll be passing on:

- Junko Enoshima
- Kamael
- Victorique de Blois
- Saber Lily
- Makise Kurisu figma
- Okabe Rintarou figma
- Etna Nendoroid
- Flonne Nendoroid

My December is Tharja, Heather Mason and maybe Junko. That's it. And I'm fucking done for 2013. I'm throwing in the towl. Except for lab coat Christina and (if Megahouse ever get off their fucking dicks and announce release details) Labrys.

chrono01

an idolmaster(?) fig coming today

o0515060612621272237.jpg

I know nothing of Idolmaster but I have to say, its cute.
I half-expected a December release date, but she's [thankfully] January 2014.

As with you, I'm not 100% sure on the source material [although I watched a few episodes of the anime], but she definitely looks cute. I don't think I feel the need to add her to my collection, though.

My December is Tharja, Heather Mason and maybe Junko. That's it. And I'm fucking done for 2013. I'm throwing in the towl. Except for lab coat Christina and (if Megahouse ever get off their fucking dicks and announce release details) Labrys.
Haha, I feel bad for you still waiting on that Labrys. Megahouse sure is taking their sweet-time with that one. -_-

I'll definitely be pre-ordering Lab Coat Makise Kurisu too, but that will be my last pre-order for 2013. If I pre-order anything else this year it will be for 2014.

Same here. I actually feel guilty about it now every time I place a pre-order and then [subsequently] cancel later. ~_~

At least I do so months ahead of release and not a few days before. That way they're not stuck with additional stock.

December is becoming a critical month for releases. If figure manufacturers were smarter about their release dates, I'd be purchasing more items than I will be.

Yeah I kinda feel bad about about it too. I go right there and cancel when I make the decision to pass.

I've got 4 in December: Junko, Tharja, Kamael and Deep Sea Miku. There's no way that none of them will get delayed, but I'm still not ordering anything else. It's a shame because that sitting Saber Lily was quite a unique pose, or at least would be in my collection. I do wish they'd hit her dress with some gloss like GSC did, but I'd have bought anyway.

an idolmaster(?) fig coming today

I know nothing of Idolmaster but I have to say, its cute.

I recently watched the idolmaster anime and it's OK. Good, even. The Cinderella Girls aren't in it mind you, they're from a mobile game I think so I still don't know who this girl is.

Not going to buy, but I had her in my wishlist 'til now because of the sculptors track record with GSC: Senjougahara, Kanbaru, Kurisu, Saber Triumphant Excalibur to name a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom