• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a 1/6 Bat jet?? They have been showing 1/12 scaled Bat jet for a while. I thought they have a perma molded Batman in there or something to fit inside. They canned the 1/6 Bat jet project in favor of 1/12 since it's too big.

They only had one real 1/6 one for display at their flagship store in Japan or Hong Kong I think.

Have you see the 1/6 Tumbler? The 1/6 Bat would be 2.5x the length. Basically every person buying one would need a crate to haul it out.

JZBvqO8.jpg

Arveene

Neo Member
an idolmaster(?) fig coming today

o0515060612621272237.jpg

I know nothing of Idolmaster but I have to say, its cute.

I preordered this almost immediately. Don't forget that WF exclusives from GSC go on sale in.. less than 24 hours (Just checked, it's actually about 25 hours). A few more Idolmaster exclusives too.

Edit: If they keep releasing these stage sets, I'm going to need to find myself a bigger shelf to set these up on.

For anyone here getting the Hot Toys Mark VII, there's a guy over on the Sideshow forums who's planning to recast his custom face plate that fixes the large eyes on the stock faceplate.
Sale/Interest thread for a modded faceplate + eye piece goes up tomorrow! :) I'll post a link here when it's up. I'll be having them casted starting next week and should be done in a couple of weeks time.

9369506935_d9f856230f_b.jpg

9372287050_31bace698c_c.jpg

9372286764_5f812e8b3d_c.jpg

9371974282_40548748a2_c.jpg
http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=5915379

sca2511

SAL unregistered is the slowest and cheapest believe.

edit: ah corrected. Didn't even notice parcel as an option at checkout.

johnsmith

remember me
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-5949

What about something like this using the slowest cheapest shipping method? (I don't know which one is cheapest... EMS?)

edit: I don't need an exact amount, just a rough estimate will be good, since they don't give out shipping cost until they ship your item.

Yeah. . . that figure's notoriously huge and expensive to ship. You're looking at $60 just in shipping. Seriously. EMS is pretty much the only option. The slowest option (sal parcel) takes months and costs the same.

Ultimate Madoka definitely can not be shipped by Sal small packet. Typical costs for smaller figures that can be shipped by sal small packet is about $9-13 for unregistered (no tracking) and you add $4 more for tracking.

Yeah. . . that figure's notoriously huge and expensive to ship. You're looking at $60 just in shipping. Seriously. EMS is pretty much the only option.

Just how big is she? I had a huge box with three figures shipped to me in May via EMS and shipping cost me $60. How would one figure cost the same to ship?

Just how big is she? I had a huge box with three figures shipped to me in May via EMS and shipping cost me $60. How would one figure cost the same to ship?

the box is huge.
Chaosutopia1373764968.jpeg

I got ultimate madoka for 5k on mandarake (of course opened, but pretty much in mint condition. I don't see any flaws).

Shipping was 6-7k Not sure what the exact amount because I got a Hyakka artbook.

For anyone here getting the Hot Toys Mark VII, there's a guy over on the Sideshow forums who's planning to recast his custom face plate that fixes the large eyes on the stock faceplate.

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=5915379

It's really cool that he's making those available to people. I remember seeing that and being impressed.

SAL unregistered is the slowest and cheapest believe.

edit: ah corrected. Didn't even notice parcel as an option at checkout.

SAL parcel is only available for items too big for SAL small packet. You won't see it unless you order more than one figure or something EMS only size, like Ultimate Madoka or Princess of The Crystal. It doesn't take months for me, but it's not much cheaper and does suck compared to EMS.

johnsmith

remember me
Huh? The box I got from AmiAmi was like, twice that size. Referring to johnsmith's pic.

Yeah, but she's also heavy, over 2kg. I had a big order with 5 different things in it, and all together they were barely over 2kg, and came in a bigger box, and cost about 6,500 yen to ship. Sylvia Christel was the biggest, and comes in a huge box, and she only weighs 800g.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah. . . that figure's notoriously huge and expensive to ship. You're looking at $60 just in shipping. Seriously. EMS is pretty much the only option. The slowest option (sal parcel) takes months and costs the same.

Ultimate Madoka definitely can not be shipped by Sal small packet. Typical costs for smaller figures that can be shipped by sal small packet is about $9-13 for unregistered (no tracking) and you add $4 more for tracking.

Yeah the box is pretty damned large. Shes worth it though!

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
$50 to ship her, I should had bought her at AX :(

I found someone selling it in amazon for ~$90 including shipping, but the seller had only 1 rating so it is kind of scary.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The ultimate Madoka I got from Amazon was legit. But I made sure to order from someone with lots of feedback. Ended up paying about $140 with shipping. ANd yeah, the box is HUGE.

Also, Madoka related.

K2Z01Ff.jpg

Also, Madoka related.

K2Z01Ff.jpg
What's not to go wrong for an American in importing that lol.

American guy who watches "children's cartoon" (As any media outlet will no doubt call it...) buying a gun replica that will no doubt be checked and determined to be modified with intent etc...etc, you can write it out easily lol.

Arveene

Neo Member
Same. I saw her on the tumblr the other day. Super awesome Miku.

So speaking of GK's, can one just buy them and have a professional assemble/paint them? I mean, for less than the cost of a small island?

Google: Garage Kit Commissions

I've looked into it a little bit, you'll find a lot of them have MFC accounts and post on there as well. Most will have some samples of previous commissions on their sites.

$50 to ship her, I should had bought her at AX :(

I found someone selling it in amazon for ~$90 including shipping, but the seller had only 1 rating so it is kind of scary.

AX at the GSC booth? they only sold one a day and the last day was raffled to determine buyer at 170. You can get it new for 8k and end up being around 140.

AX at the GSC booth? they only sold one a day and the last day was raffled to determine buyer at 170. You can get it new for 8k and end up being around 140.

I saw a few around the floor at $140-$180 outside of the GSC booth. Were they raffling the Love is War figures, too? If so, I would've made someone very sad, as I had two chances to grab one before the show opened...

I saw a few around the floor at $140-$180 outside of the GSC booth. Were they raffling the Love is War figures, too? If so, I would've made someone very sad, as I had two chances to grab one before the show opened...

Love is War probably got raffled off last day.

Most figures I saw at AX were overpriced. Atleast 20-40 more than what I paid including shipping.

chrono01

So many things to respond to! Now, where to start!?

- Ultimate Madoka is indeed a beastly figure. She look amazing, but is appropriately sized in return. She's also very heavy. Worth every cent at retail price, although do factor in the $60+ for shipping. Expect it.

- The Gothic/Rock Hatsune Miku. I need her in my life. GSC please pick her up. I am begging you!

- I am tempted to start collecting the Pacific Rim figures [the Sideshow Collectibles ones are incredible], but given their price and my urge to "collect em' all", I'm kind of holding myself back. I know I won't be able to simply purchase one Jaeger and one Kaiju, I'll want them all! I saw the movie for a third time today in IMAX, it's every bit as incredible as the first time.

- I was nearly killed by my massive stack of boxed figures today [not entirely a true story]. They are likely becoming enraged at myself keeping them "contained", but I refuse to let them out of their cardboard prison until I have a place suitable for them.

cajunator

Banned
What's not to go wrong for an American in importing that lol.

American guy who watches "children's cartoon" (As any media outlet will no doubt call it...) buying a gun replica that will no doubt be checked and determined to be modified with intent etc...etc, you can write it out easily lol.

Nah its made of ABS plastic. Wouldnt be able to modify it to shoot.

zrwDhua.jpg

Yj6DB3z.jpg

FREEing sao; max factory Asuna

efH2YbX.jpg

VPLC3ZA.jpg

tD9rMVF.jpg

NV1fkVj.jpg

To hell with the others, wheres my Lisbeth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom