• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

Ant-Gurren Lagann came in last week with Enkidudu, the collection grows!

Nice! I was thinking of getting him but never got around to doing so. I'll get him one day! He comes with all the drill pieces which is pretty cool. I might have to get the drill set of manliness down the line! I really want the Effort and Guts set for my Gunbuster but it's pretty expensive for an effect piece set. One day!

meijiko

Man, I was complaining about missing out on the Armin figma earlier, but I literally walked up to the GSC booth at Sakuracon and just bought one. Also got my Snow Miku nendo early, so I'll have an extra when the online orders get shipped.

Will post pics later this week, I'm too exhausted now. Really enjoying my new Cleaning Levi, too.

Nice! I was thinking of getting him but never got around to doing so. I'll get him one day! He comes with all the drill pieces which is pretty cool. I might have to get the drill set of manliness down the line! I really want the Effort and Guts set for my Gunbuster but it's pretty expensive for an effect piece set. One day!

Been thinking of getting the drill set of manliness too, would the giga drills be compatible with revoltechs?

MCD

I know this isn't figure related but got no better thread to ask:

Is there a better site for gaming/anime tshirts? Especially from Cospa.

Amiami is difficult to navigate and almost everything is sold out.

chrono01

I know this isn't figure related but got no better thread to ask:

Is there a better site for gaming/anime tshirts? Especially from Cospa.

Amiami is difficult to navigate and almost everything is sold out.
Other than AmiAmi, HS, and HLJ, not that I know of.

As for why it's sold out, I think a lot of the items are made-to-order, which is why they're so difficult to find post-release. They often get re-releases, though, especially for the super-popular merchandise, so my recommendation is to check the sites regularly in-case something of interest becomes available.

I recently pre-ordered this Nagito Komaeda [Super Danganronpa 2] coat. I couldn't resist, and I needed a new jacket for "light" weather.

if4iwiCVDs667.jpg

kewlmyc

Other than AmiAmi, HS, and HLJ, not that I know of.

As for why it's sold out, I think a lot of the items are made-to-order, which is why they're so difficult to find post-release. They often get re-releases, though, especially for the super-popular merchandise, so my recommendation is to check the sites regularly in-case something of interest becomes available.

I recently pre-ordered this Nagito Komaeda [Super Danganronpa 2] coat. I couldn't resist, and I needed a new jacket for "light" weather.

I'm surprised you threw down the $250 for that, considering it requires paying up front.

chrono01

I'm surprised you threw down the $250 for that, considering it requires paying up front.
I was looking at a coat priced around $175 anyway, and since I love the series so much [it helps that it's not as "in-your-face" as certain anime/game-themed merchandise], I figured why not.

The pre-payment didn't bother me since, as I said, I was already in the market for a new coat, but waiting until July won't be fun. :/

Freezasaurus, before you say it: Yes. I am horrible with my money. To make matters worse, I'm starting to succumb to the pressure of Mikasa's pre-order. I must remain strong. I cannot give in.

Toki767

I kind of wanted one of those Attack on Titan jackets that are set to come out soon. Ordering in Japanese sizing always screws me over though.

chrono01

I kind of wanted one of those Attack on Titan jackets that are set to come out soon. Ordering in Japanese sizing always screws me over though.
Just keep a close eye on the measurements.

Generally, they're always a size smaller than US sizes, so a SML = XSML, M=S, L=M, etc. However, this isn't always the case, as all sizes/lengths differ, so just compare the measurements with what you have now.

Also, those Survey Corps jackets are supposed to rest high up in the waist, if that's the one you're looking at.

chrono01

i would buy chihiro's clothes

because reasons
*pulls up a chair*

Would you like to discuss these "reasons"?

*pulls out pen + paper*

Uh-huh, I see.

*begins to look for a nearby window*

*nods slightly*

Yes, yes...

*takes the "express" exit*

Toki767

Just keep a close eye on the measurements.

Generally, they're always a size smaller than US sizes, so a SML = XSML, M=S, L=M, etc. However, this isn't always the case, as all sizes/lengths differ, so just compare the measurements with what you have now.

Also, those Survey Corps jackets are supposed to rest high up in the waist, if that's the one you're looking at.

Ah, thanks for the heads up. I was actually looking at this Survey Corps hooded windbreaker.

RMI

Banned
ugghhhh so i finally got through to someone at ISC NY about my tony ver miku that had been stuck in customs for a month. The package started moving, and now it's out for delivery in Buffalo NY? I DON'T LIVE IN BUFFALO or even nearby. WTF FUCK FUCK.

HLJ is having a MegaHouse sale. Looks like the decent stuff is already gone. And the prices aren't that great. The Devil Survivor 2 gals are on sale for 5k. lolololololololol

Try harder, HLJ

They list a price for Mikasa yet? Of course not. They're waiting to inflict that late-night fuckery on you guys when they drop that 15k price-bomb. XD

kewlmyc

They list a price for Mikasa yet? Of course not. They're waiting to inflict that late-night fuckery on you guys when they drop that 15k price-bomb. XD

You're acting as if you won't be participating. :p Two years from now, when GSC releases a 20k Female Titan , I'll be the one laughing.

Does the GSC webstore ask for money upfront?

Bombless

Come on man, all that brown paint doesn't come cheap. And they have to mix in some green too!

You're acting as if you won't be participating. :p Two years from now, when GSC releases a 20k Female Titan , I'll be the one laughing.

Nope.

oh, I won't be.

But yeah, I'd pay 20k for a Female Titan
ANNIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
, no question..

Not usually as far as I know.

Come on man, all that brown paint doesn't come cheap. And they have to mix in some green too!

How difficult their lives must be.

javac

My Mum came over today and saw all my figures, laughed and said "why have you got all these toys?" and started staring at them all from a distance. I don't know why but I just sat down at my laptop and became really hot and flustered trying to change the subject, mumbling. I'm super lame lol. :/ *siiiiggghhhhhhh*

She didn't seem weirded out but you can tell he was like "toys? really?". Feel bad man. I'm like the odd ball in this family. Into my cartoons and games and toys. I wouldn't change anything tho, I love this shit but people be judging yo. Just needed to vent I guess. I'm sure you guys are tired of my shit lol but I thought you guys might understand.

She didn't seem weirded out but you can tell he was like "toys? really?". Feel bad man. I'm like the odd ball in this family. Into my cartoons and games and toys. I wouldn't change anything tho, I love this shit but people be judging yo. Just needed to vent I guess. I'm sure you guys are tired of my shit lol but I thought you guys might understand.

Don't even bother giving a fuck what other people think. That's some high school bullshit.

kewlmyc

My Mum came over today and saw all my figures, laughed and said "why have you got all these toys?" and started staring at them all from a distance. I don't know why but I just sat down at my laptop and became really hot and flustered trying to change the subject, mumbling. I'm super lame lol. :/ *siiiiggghhhhhhh*

My parents actually think mine are pretty neat.

Also, dude, if you're paying your bills and making your money then who cares what people have to say about what you buy (as long as it isn't illegal). If you enjoy it, then screw the haters, even if they're your parents.

javac

I've always taken things to heart. I'm really weak when it comes to insults and the like lol. I guess I never shrugged that mentality off. My families always looked down on me, guess it's made me really emotional about shit like this.

Anyyways to stay on topic, I just discovered this. What the hell this is awesome. I would sooo buy this!

It's a custom made garage kit! Fuck it looks awesome! I love Nonon. More about it.

javac

If a major manufacturer picked that up and cleaned up the sculpting a bit, I'd buy the fuck out of it.

Indeed she's my favorite character from the show, as crazy as that is since I love each and every character in that damn show! But Nonon...she's just so damn cool. Her voice is forever nestled in my head. I really hope we get a bunch of KLK figures other than just Satsuki, Mako and Ryuko! Lots of material to cover!
I'm so bad.

This is an amazing piece and seeing how the guy made it is crazy. Really captured her, the smirk and pose...just perfect!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Hahaha I feel your pain, my dad goes the extra mile by bringing up my collection to his friends and co-workers, the same people I work with. Shit is so awkward. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom