• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

Hahaha I feel your pain, my dad goes the extra mile by bringing up my collection to his friends and co-workers, the same people I work with. Shit is so awkward. :lol

Ha I guess they mean no harm really. Let's be honest, I'm sure we've all looked at a person with a particular hobby and thought "Strange!" but I guess the strange hobbies are the most interesting. Great ice breakers lol! I just try to be myself, but my parents coming from a different generation all together does that I guess.

I'm planning on getting her to watch some Ghibli flicks soon, I think she'll enjoy them! Tangled came on TV recently and she sat by herself and watched it all and she seemed fine with me telling her how much I loved the Lego movie. I think she doesn't even realize she likes animation and the likes. She even enjoys Adventure time whenever it's on, she just doesn't want to admit it X)

I love how he picked the Nudist Beach costume. XD

Haha yeah i wonder why! ;) But seriously I think it look great! Having her in one of her Goku uniforms would be hard to do but getting her in her tracksuit
with her pantsu
would be...errr neat <_<.....>_>

RocBase

Is there an event going on? Just saw photos on MFC of a Batwoman Bishoujo reveal and Nina Williams Bishoujo sculpt, which both looked like they were camsnapped from a live show or something.

I need him immediately
tumblr_n4drm5v8g11ra0emjo5_500.jpg
ahaaaa! why is he shirtless tho????? lol

but goddamn, i'm going to order like 10 of this little stubby fella
tumblr_n4e91aFtdu1rgbdf4o1_500.jpg

Now...a character reveal of the next scale is welcome anytime now, N+C/MF.

My Mum came over today and saw all my figures, laughed and said "why have you got all these toys?" and started staring at them all from a distance. I don't know why but I just sat down at my laptop and became really hot and flustered trying to change the subject, mumbling. I'm super lame lol. :/ *siiiiggghhhhhhh*

She didn't seem weirded out but you can tell he was like "toys? really?". Feel bad man. I'm like the odd ball in this family. Into my cartoons and games and toys. I wouldn't change anything tho, I love this shit but people be judging yo. Just needed to vent I guess. I'm sure you guys are tired of my shit lol but I thought you guys might understand.

Haha, yeah that kinda sucks and can kinda relate, I'm also the gooky one out of 3 children. I think both of my sisters silently judge me but my mom actually seems to take a liking to some of my figs. I know that she especially likes the Gwendolyn by Yamato and my Mickey Mouse collections.

Bombless

My Mum came over today and saw all my figures, laughed and said "why have you got all these toys?" and started staring at them all from a distance. I don't know why but I just sat down at my laptop and became really hot and flustered trying to change the subject, mumbling. I'm super lame lol. :/ *siiiiggghhhhhhh*

She didn't seem weirded out but you can tell he was like "toys? really?". Feel bad man. I'm like the odd ball in this family. Into my cartoons and games and toys. I wouldn't change anything tho, I love this shit but people be judging yo. Just needed to vent I guess. I'm sure you guys are tired of my shit lol but I thought you guys might understand.

Think about it this way, it could be much worse, like my mother. She was saying the same shit : why are you wasting your money on these useless things, blah blah blah. Then she came and saw them and the was ALL OVER THEM to the point she asked for some of them for her and started her own collection.

StayDead

My mum hasn't seen mine but when my dad did thankfully he was just like "wow you've got quite a lot of these huh" and then helped me put some shelves on the wall.

He even saw my dakis and said something mildlly funny about them before never mentioning them again. He probably thinks I'm weird but to be honest he has his own figures (though his are Star Wars ones) and he's always been a pretty huge nerd since he has a pretty big comic collection so rather than judging me he just lets me get on with it.

My best friend is a nerd too so it wasn't a big problem for him either but I still feel awkward about it all sometimes but whatever, if people want to like me, they've got to accept what I like since I'm not changing for anyone <3

javac

Is there an event going on? Just saw photos on MFC of a Batwoman Bishoujo reveal and Nina Williams Bishoujo sculpt, which both looked like they were camsnapped from a live show or something.

Haha, yeah that kinda sucks and can kinda relate, I'm also the gooky one out of 3 children. I think both of my sisters silently judge me but my mom actually seems to take a liking to some of my figs. I know that she especially likes the Gwendolyn by Yamato and my Mickey Mouse collections.

That's nice that your Mum likes some of your figures. Never really had that mother and Son bond so I guess my parents just don't know me very well because I've always been something of a lone wolf or whatever you want to call me. I guess she doesn't mean harm and it just comes across as abrasive to me because I'm defensive. Oh well I've got plenty of other figures in the pipeline so I guess she just has to deal with it :p

Also I'm pretty sure it's WonderCon so that's why there's bunch of reveals etc. A few announcements! Bunch of cool shit here!

Think about it this way, it could be much worse, like my mother. She was saying the same shit : why are you wasting your money on these useless things, blah blah blah. Then she came and saw them and the was ALL OVER THEM to the point she asked for some of them for her and started her own collection.

OMG that's a crazy turn of events lol. I guess you helped her discover something she didn't even realize she liked! That's pretty cool...but stealing your figures is a no go man. You never touch another guys figures. Bad shit happens :$

My mum hasn't seen mine but when my dad did thankfully he was just like "wow you've got quite a lot of these huh" and then helped me put some shelves on the wall.

He even saw my dakis and said something mildlly funny about them before never mentioning them again. He probably thinks I'm weird but to be honest he has his own figures (though his are Star Wars ones) and he's always been a pretty huge nerd since he has a pretty big comic collection so rather than judging me he just lets me get on with it.

My best friend is a nerd too so it wasn't a big problem for him either but I still feel awkward about it all sometimes but whatever, if people want to like me, they've got to accept what I like since I'm not changing for anyone <3

Thanks for sharing :) I guess the best thing to do is stay true to ourselves like you said. You live once so you shouldn't conform yourself to others ideals. Be yourself and have fun! I'm sure your parents understand, your dad's into Star Wars like you said! Just as big of a nerd as all of us, even if he hides it!

javac

BATWOMAN BISHOUJO!? YESSSSSSSSSSSS.

I was just thinking the other day about how cool one would be!

Ha knew you'd like it :)

Something I noticed:
Dan started by announcing that there would be two Kotobukiya exclusives this year for San Diego Comic-Con and one for New York Comic Con. He wouldn’t give any other secrets away.
So I'm guessing we'll be seeing more shit down the line! Also
And to finish off the panel, Dan talked about the upcoming DC Bishojou line which featured Wonder Woman (she is set to release next month). He suggests that it is a figure you may want to pick up early, as pre-orders are going quickly. He showed a slide of the upcoming Starfire Bishojou and then talked about the long-delayed Black Canary statue. He said it was still in development, but there were some issues

Some ArtFx+ figures
Sorry for the info dump. Hope it's ok.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
That's nice that your Mum likes some of your figures. Never really had that mother and Son bond so I guess my parents just don't know me very well because I've always been something of a lone wolf or whatever you want to call me. I guess she doesn't mean harm and it just comes across as abrasive to me because I'm defensive. Oh well I've got plenty of other figures in the pipeline so I guess she just has to deal with it :p

Also I'm pretty sure it's WonderCon so that's why there's bunch of reveals etc. A few announcements! Bunch of cool shit here!

OMG that's a crazy turn of events lol. I guess you helped her discover something she didn't even realize she liked! That's pretty cool...but stealing your figures is a no go man. You never touch another guys figures. Bad shit happens :$

Thanks for sharing :) I guess the best thing to do is stay true to ourselves like you said. You live once so you shouldn't conform yourself to others ideals. Be yourself and have fun! I'm sure your parents understand, your dad's into Star Wars like you said! Just as big of a nerd as all of us, even if he hides it!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG BATWOMAN!!!!!! OMGOMGOM GOMGOMGO)MGOMG

Can't wait for that bishoujo Batwoman. Totally psyched. See you in 2015, Kate! XD

So I'm guessing we'll be seeing more shit down the line!

Koto's SDCC/NYCC excluives have always traditionally been variants of existing bishoujo figures. And they're always available through Kotobukiya's online shop for people who don't attend the cons. I'm still curious to see who they go with.

Also, you didn't even mention the Deadpool figure!

Bombless

You have no idea. I had to wrestle Lineage 2 Elf from her hands (and basically get her Strawberry Snow Miku in exchange). She's coming back on thursday to see my shelf and new acquisitions, I'm gonna have to be VERY careful lest she runs off with a few pieces (she's eyeing my Iron Man Nendo!).

Also, this ordeal resulted in this :

She still has my Usagi and Lacus :(

Edit : Black Canary still in development, has issues. SMH Koto, get it done already! Another Batchick for my Bisho collection, I'm game.

johnsmith

remember me
Arcadia's Elin arrived today. Now that's Fassbender-worthy perfection right there. I was such a foolish fool to foolishly pass on her on release. Definitely recommended despite the high price tag.

javac

Koto's SDCC/NYCC excluives have always traditionally been variants of existing bishoujo figures. And they're always available through Kotobukiya's online shop for people who don't attend the cons. I'm still curious to see who they go with.

Oh I didn't realize that, thanks for the info! I'm also interested.

Also, you didn't even mention the Deadpool figure!

I didn't realize anyone here was interested in Deadpool, sorry! They have a Wolverine figure...The best suit too! face without the mask looks creepy tho...as it should I guess! None of that Hugh Jackman stuff here.

You have no idea. I had to wrestle Lineage 2 Elf from her hands (and basically get her Strawberry Snow Miku in exchange). She's coming back on thursday to see my shelf and new acquisitions, I'm gonna have to be VERY careful lest she runs off with a few pieces (she's eyeing my Iron Man Nendo!).

Edit : Black Canary still in development, has issues. SMH Koto, get it done already! Another Batchick for my Bisho collection, I'm game.

OMG that picture is pretty cute! Surprised she didn't mind Himari's pantsu :p Your Mum seems really cool. She has a good eye for good figures, kinda unfortunate for you I can imagine X) Awesome picture tho :)

Arcadia's Elin arrived today. Now that's Fassbender-worthy perfection right there. I was such a foolish fool to foolishly pass on her on release. Definitely recommended despite the high price tag.

Whoa does the rainbow effect on her change depending on the angle you look at it or is it fixed? :0

Also, this ordeal resulted in this :

That's kind of cool tbh, wish my parents would be as enthusiastic about my figs as well lol

Man I was looking through some figure sites today and realized Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches doesn't have any figures available.

I really need a Shiraishi figure

LOL its only 10 bucks more on GSC for DX.

its on HS for 11.5k.

I don't think GSC DX is that much more expensive...2k ems flat rate. Compare that to the 3k SAL register from other shops AT BEST.

Toki767

How stable are those dynamic poses? it looks like she's just being held by a small plastic thing. Do they not bend from the weight?

How stable are those dynamic poses? it looks like she's just being held by a small plastic thing. Do they not bend from the weight?

its probably ABS legs and metal peg. The only worrisome thing is the base. If the Base isn't ABS it could break but not from the figure or the peg but rather the peg hole in the base.

Though I think Alter is pretty good with this. They haven't had that happen since the K-on figures from like 3-4 years ago IIRC. Their strike witches (all of them just as Dynamic as Mikasa) have no issues and run the same setup.

oh, man. Did I call GSC on the 15k or what? XD

EDIT: Oh shit! Lum is going up tonight, too! That's where my money is going! Wheeeeeeee!
I thought you called 15k for the basic version? Its actually not that high priced in comparison to the newer figures. I mean look at Asuka (Eva)

I thought you called 15k for the basic version? Its actually not that high priced in comparison to the newer figures. I mean look at Asuka (Eva)

No, I was talking about the DX. Believe me, 15k is enough. It doesn't have nearly the level of detail Benten does, and that motherfucker is 25k. I'm really happy I'm far beyond the "OMG AoT STUFF I NEED IT" phase.

Is that fucking Attack on Titan Jenga? lololololololol

Toki767

its probably ABS legs and metal peg. The only worrisome thing is the base. If the Base isn't ABS it could break but not from the figure or the peg but rather the peg hole in the base.

Though I think Alter is pretty good with this. They haven't had that happen since the K-on figures from like 3-4 years ago IIRC. Their strike witches (all of them just as Dynamic as Mikasa) have no issues and run the same setup.

Hmm...that's good to know. I guess the question is how is GSC with this stuff? I know they did it with a Saber figure but I never saw how it turned out.

Toki767

this one? Totally stable. I have it and no issues. And let me tell you, Saber is one heavy girl

Ah, cool. I was actually really tempted to buy that figure at one point, but I already have like 2 Saber figures that I haven't even opened yet. That one looked amazing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom