• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

RIP Cajun. Again.

Bombless

Was about to post that. Will need to see better pictures, but Belial is practically naked, that's a bit odd. Here's hoping the image is not the final design.

Giolon

Oh Jesus, Belial's "outfit" is so tacky. I use quotes b/c she she's pretty much wearing shoulder pads and pasties only.

BTW, Melda photos coming up pretty quick here. My Cryska photo shoot didn't really turn out satisfactory so I'm going to have to re-do them another day, maybe this weekend.

Where's Snake's Nikita!?! XD
A good thing about the new scale is that you could probably use the older slightly oversized GI Joe weapons. If thats the case I have the Stinger and Nikita covered.

hopefully they redo Big Boss and Raiden in this scale and eventually do Liquid, Meryl, Solidus, Olga and Gray Fox.

Yagami_Sama

As requested by Bombless, here's my March order of wallet destruction.

vibs.jpg

One of the nightmare mikus is for a friend and I already unboxed and put up Alleyne.

That Miku looks great. The original one looks better than the other.
I will try buy one next month.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I think scans are fine as long as it's not gaming related. I see scans every now and then in the Gundam and anime threads with mods posting on the exact same page.

Giolon

I think scans are fine as long as it's not gaming related. I see scans every now and then in the Gundam and anime threads with mods posting on the exact same page.

They're still officially banned and you're taking a risk any time you post them. I've been given permission by mods in the past to post some sample photos from art books I've purchased, but I'd be overly cautious.

Giolon

youre complaining about that tiny detail?

You mean the tiny detail that means I have to make a choice of either not going in to work or having to deal with going to the post office and stand in line to get my package that could've just as easily been left for me? Yeah, I'm complaining.

Anyways, without further ado I present to you, Melda Dietz by MegaHouse:

I had a hard time choosing photos so I included a bunch. It's pretty easy to tell what her best feature is, no? She does come with the alternate "surprised!" face and arms w/ a parfait, but I didn't bother putting them on. I don't know anything about the anime she comes from so I have no idea if it's in character or not. I may have to watch it soon and decide whether those expensive blu-rays are worth picking up.

Fortunately she came out a lot better than Akira Yamato. While they didn't use as glossy a material for her bodysuit as I would've liked, it's not quite as matte as Akira's, and the micro-roughness of the surface adds almost a glittery appearance when well lit.

george_us

"Signature Required" sucks donkey balls. Just leave it at my goddamn door.
Oh god this is the one huge negative about EMS. I either have to get packages sent to my job or drive all the way to the damn post office to pick up.

And dang that Melda Dietz figure is lookin' noice.

And dang that Melda Dietz figure is lookin' noice.

I like her. But I was surprised when I cracked her open and noticed that the paint was matte and not glossy like the prototype. Same issue Akira had. I'm just going to assume this is always going to be the case with the Yamato Girls line.

Giolon

I like her. But I was surprised when I cracked her open and noticed that the paint was matte and not glossy like the prototype. Same issue Akira had. I'm just going to assume this is always going to be the case with the Yamato Girls line.

If you go back and look at the prototype photos on MFC, while the surface is smoother, they definitely do not have a glossy paint finish. I think they just light her perfectly in order to make the figure look her best.

When I go back and look at prototypes of Akira, I see the same thing. The main problem with her, is I think the matte black suffers a lot more than the purple and her face sculpt seems to have lost something from the prototype giving her a kind of amorphous doughy look. It all just comes together really badly.

When I go back and look at prototypes of Akira, I see the same thing. The main problem with her, is I think the matte black suffers a lot more than the purple and her face sculpt seems to have lost something from the prototype giving her a kind of amorphous doughy look. It all just comes together really badly.

There was definitely an issue with Akira's hair as well. It looked like it was made for a bootleg figure.

i want that figure buuuuut gotta keep my wallet tight for now

dont worry. She might or might not go up. I mean Hitagi is like 13-14k. Shinobu was like 15k, and Kanbaru is like 13-15k. O and Hanekawa is 13k

While Nadeko is 6-7k, Karen is 7-8k, and Mayoi is like 9k

edit
Miku 2020 on mandarake (sold out) goes for 8k opened, 9k unopened at nakano.

Ryuuroden

I have everything sent to a private 3rd party service address that can sign for me cause I am gone all the time so it's the only way I can ever get my shit if I order stuff online. Before I got that I had to have everything sent to a friend 3 states away who would then re-mail it to me again making me have to pay shipping twice. Thank you UPS Store. (Plus they are open much later in the day than post office so I can actually pick my stuff up, Post office is always closed when I get off work and I go to work before it opens. During some summer months I work on Saturday's too which means I wouldn't be able to use post office then either. There is also the fact that there are many services that will not mail to a PO box but will mail to a 3rd party service.)

Was trying to decide what 2 Madoka figma to get first and realized I will probably buy Madoka last.
One of the only series I can think of that I wanted the MC the least, though Homura probably my favorite seems rather dull in figma form as well
(will probably buy her school uniform version as well for the better guns and the alternative hair piece).

Ryuuroden

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Cajun, do you watch "No Game, No Life"? There was a quote that was so for you in episode 3 "People will only truly fight for what is right. And there is only one thing that is truly right in this world! The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is...CUTENESS! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom