• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocBase

^what the frick??? lol

Hm. GSC Mikasa didn't sell out at all, did she? Maybe they're starting to hit the line in terms of what people are and aren't willing to pay.

I wonder if they've just allocated more stock, as in...they've taken notes from previous AOT release numbers to actually keep up with the demand. She's still the highest ranking figure on most sites.

Finally arrived:
BmEXsycCUAAecuy.jpg:large
Although it costed a lot more than regular Megahouse prices the sculpt and quality of everything is awesome. Box is huge though =O

BritGAF, what realistic value should one declare an item at to avoid customs duty? £10?
£10 works as long as you mark it below £15 I believe you'd be okay.

Edit: it's £15

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Under £22? Guess I'll put £19 which sounds fair for a Nendo. Trying Big in Japan for the first time since I've basically only been using AmiAmi. Though it will be months before I see if it works ha ha.

Under £22? Guess I'll put £19 which sounds fair for a Nendo. Trying Big in Japan for the first time since I've basically only been using AmiAmi. Though it will be months before I see if it works ha ha.

It's seems to be £15
sorry lol, just haven't been charged when I was under £22 thus far, yep £15
All other goods

If you're ordering or sending purchased goods (other than alcohol and tobacco) to the UK from another EU country then it's just like shopping in the UK:

there is no Customs Duty payable
there is no import VAT payable, unless you're ordering or sending purchased goods from one of the EU 'Special Territories' and if the value of the goods is £15 or more, however from 1 April 2012 all merchandise sent to the UK from the Channel Islands is subject to VAT - see below
there is no Excise Duty to pay

Edit: For reference Nippon-Yasan marks it at 10€

kewlmyc

Finally arrived:

Although it costed a lot more than regular Megahouse prices the sculpt and quality of everything is awesome. Box is huge though =O

£10 works as long as you mark it below £15 I believe you'd be okay.

Edit: it's £15

High Five! Best figure of the year so far for me.

Bombless

It'll probably work for Nendos and Figmas, but when you get a huge ass box with Lucifer inside that doesn't fly :p

Also, I receive all my packages sliced open (and resealed with CUSTOMS tape), regardless if the receipt is complete or not. Yay for Belgian Customs.

High Five! Best figure of the year so far for me.

High fives back =D, I remember being initially upset at the higher price by Megahouse (had to get it because Raidou!!! lol) but they honestly outdid themselves here.
Anyone on the fence for it should get it or check out a review here.

It'll probably work for Nendos and Figmas, but when you get a huge ass box with Lucifer inside that doesn't fly :p

Also, I receive all my packages sliced open (and resealed with CUSTOMS tape), regardless if the receipt is complete or not. Yay for Belgian Customs.
Man Belgian Customs are crazy thorough XD
Oh wow after going through all the pics

He still has the adjustable eyes at 4 inches.
Jesus thats tiny
Something feels off from the paint lol, but tempted to get this anyway lol

meijiko

Managed to track down all of the AoT figmas. Yay. Thank you mysterious person who canceled their Mikasa on amiami. I've got my suction cup figma bases ready.

I'm kind of already regretting preordering the GSC Mikasa. I have no doubt that she'll turn out gorgeously, but I really like the looks of the Kotobukiya set more, with the cheaper prices and the tree bases. I guess it will partially depend on what their Mikasa ends up looking like, but I may end up selling the GSC one in the end.

Giolon

Ordered this - http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/15333/

Really gorgeous figure. Really love the Sigrid of the Thorn fig

N20140425K_006.jpg

That is a pretty nice looking figure! Sigrid had the WORST cast-off seam though... The overall result was kind of a messy sculpt too.

But I have Diabolus Inclinatus, and it's probably the lewdest figure I have, but that face and hair (and those horns!) are too damn gorgeous to pass up.

Plus those long gloves and boots...dear jesus.

meijiko

That is a pretty nice looking figure! Sigrid had the WORST cast-off seam though... The overall result was kind of a messy sculpt too.

Kind of have to agree. I have Sigrid and I love her to death, but she's one of the worst-made figures I have. I didn't mind the seam line as much, since I didn't plan to display her naked, but damn was it badly placed. And her clothes don't fit together properly, leaving a slight gap when you try to display her clothed. It's a lose-lose situation. I'd buy her all over again for a non-castoff version, just for the more solid construction.

Kind of have to agree. I have Sigrid and I love her to death, but she's one of the worst-made figures I have. I didn't mind the seam line as much, since I didn't plan to display her naked, but damn was it badly placed. And her clothes don't fit together properly, leaving a slight gap when you try to display her clothed. It's a lose-lose situation. I'd buy her all over again for a non-castoff version, just for the more solid construction.

Agree in all counts. You'd never pose her naked because of that annoying leg seem. Plus the broom goes into her fanny, so I doubt it was meant to be posed naked in either case.

Maybe I shouldn't be too surprise by ghis, bit Im disappointed Bleach's figure selection wasn't bigger. Than again Naruto's never was anyways. Im spoiled by One Piece.

But I have Diabolus Inclinatus, and it's probably the lewdest figure I have, but that face and hair (and those horns!) are too damn gorgeous to pass up.

Plus those long gloves and boots...dear jesus.

She's a beauty. Where is she from and what does she go for?

It's mostly the flat face I hate.

omg, there's this asian guy who works in my local shopping mall. Flattest face I've seen in my life. Flattest head, in fact.

Ugh, shipping sucks on Miku 2020.

No kidding. That was more than I anticipated. Bitch better be worth it.

Psycho-Pass, from the guy behind Fate/Zero and Madoka. It's pretty good and it's getting a second season and Movie this year. Recently got dubbed as well.

Wut? No shout-out for the studio behind Ghost In The Shell!? Blasphemer!

Giolon

She's a beauty. Where is she from and what does she go for?

Just some doujinshi called Demon Squeezer. The last I saw, about 6 months ago she was going for anywhere from $50-$80 used. She had three manufacturing runs. The first run, her breast covers were accidentally glued on by the manufacturer. The second run corrected this, and a later third run was made about a year later but it didn't include an artwork scroll that came with the first two runs. The price you find her for is probably determined by the production run she came from.

Edit: There was also a purple recolor version too.

Yep...will buy. Hope the price isn't insane.

Yeah, me too. But I don't care that much, though. I'm buying her regardless. She was one of the WonderFest reveals that I pegged as a definite buy. She's 1/300 scale, so that's a novelty. She looks to be around the size of a 1/6, though. So I expect 12k to 13k.

Hey Alter, where the fuck is Labrys?! We already saw the painted version. She should have been up for pre-order already.

How dare you call Miku-chan the b word!

Did you get yours yet? I'm curious as to how big she is from pigtail to pigtail.

She's in my car's trunk. Picked her up this morning before work.

Jesus, is that how you treat your waifus?

edit: Had to post this because it's pretty awesome:

In a surprise announcement going out in hobby magazines this month straight out of fan fiction Takara Tomy revealed their new crossover pairing Evangelion with the Transformers for what's expected to be a series of Transformers figures repainted in Eva colors. As you can see the first figure appears to be Masterpiece Optimus Prime in the familiar colors of Eva Unit 01.

The Angels are invading. Breaking a long silence, the mysterious life-forms known as the Angels suddenly appear. The weapons the UN forces gather together in retaliation can't even scratch them. In the end, they turn to the secret agency, NERV, to manage the anti-Angel strategy.

With Neo-Tokyo 3 in their sights, the Angels slowly advance upon the city...but suddenly a spaceship comes hurtling down from the sky above the Angels: the Autobot Sky Lynx! Out of the ship emerges warriors of the far-off planet Cybertron. They've come to investigate after noticing an unusual energy reading.

"We can't let a disaster like the Second Impact occur on this planet."
"What?! What are these monsters?!"

Optimus Prime sets his sights on an enemy much bigger than himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom