• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Ugh. Two figures I want go up tonight. One looks not so hot and has a near $100 price tag and the other is Hobby Japan exclusive. Sigh... Not sure how I feel about ordering through proxy. Has anyone here done it before? Do Hobby Japan exclusives ever go on order on BiJ or N-Y?

Ugh. Two figures I want go up tonight. One looks not so hot and has a near $100 price tag and the other is Hobby Japan exclusive. Sigh... Not sure how I feel about ordering through proxy. Has anyone here done it before? Do Hobby Japan exclusives ever go on order on BiJ or N-Y?

exclusives go on NY and BiJ.

I ordered most of the deadly sins that way and native figures before the international store opened.

what you getting?

george_us

Caved and preordered Muramasa from...HobbyLinkJapan lol. They gave me a 10% off coupon from my last snafu with them so I said why the hell not. I was a little on the fence because of the price but I didn't want to risk her selling out either. The best of both worlds I suppose.

Hm. GSC Mikasa didn't sell out at all, did she? Maybe they're starting to hit the line in terms of what people are and aren't willing to pay.

you say that but people still went batshit crazy for other figures. 200+ already PO for shimakaze and shes around the same price. Also people are split among DX and normal.

and there goes... a lot of money today for me (monthly order).

Who knew that miku2020 and strength would cost a ton to ship rofl

kewlmyc

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-005750&page=top
FIGURE-005750.jpg
Eh, not really feeling this after all. Nice try though, might get it if it bargain bins one day.

chrono01

kewlmyc

exclusives go on NY and BiJ.

I ordered most of the deadly sins that way and native figures before the international store opened.

what you getting?

Thanks. Kinda embarrassed to admit which figure I want though :p. Still not sure if I'm getting it or not.

Hm. GSC Mikasa didn't sell out at all, did she? Maybe they're starting to hit the line in terms of what people are and aren't willing to pay.

Neither did GSC's Shimikaze. You might be right, even though I'm not sure how fast GSC's figure usually sell out. Haven't been around that long.

chrono01

Well I pre-ordered the Sakura Nendoroid on AmiAmi. I already have something for that month so I can combine shipping, and I'm still not sold on Mikasa [not sure I ever will be]. I just know they're going to release Eren/Levi DX Ver. to compliment her, and I really don't want to get started with that. Not only that, the GSC bonus didn't seem worth the additional $30 [if you include the price difference and cost of single EMS shipping] for her. If I had other things to combine sure, but I didn't. :/

She's up on HS now, if anyone is wondering.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10273126

meijiko

Sakura up at both AmiAmi and GSC;

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ords=cardcaptor$pagemax=20$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

http://goodsmile-global.ecq.sc/top/gscnenwd00400.html

Hmm, should I pre-order her from GSC for that bonus key charm, in addition to Mikasa DX Ver. for only 2000 yen EMS cost? It's going to be difficult to spend 2000 yen to ship a single Nendoroid, and there's nothing else on the shop that interests me. :/

I'll give this one some thought.

In for two Sakuras. It's still so surreal that she's finally getting made. I've been after her merch for years.

chrono01

this is by far one of the best sonicos

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ortkey=preowned$pagemax=60$getcnt=0$pagecnt=3

and its only 17 bucks! and its not lewd
She's a great one, for sure.

I own many Super Sonico [and thus, being in various state of "un-dress"], but I'm really excited for Gift's upcoming version.

I mean, Sonico in her traditional tiger parka? Yes please! News of it's release have been slow, however, but we recently got a new bunch of pictures in the last couple of days, so hopefully that means pre-order will start soon...

BTW, on the subject of Sonico, I really enjoyed the Super Sonico anime. It wasn't as "fanservice"-filled as I thought it would be [it was actually quite tame], and a lot of the episodes had a lot of heart and nice music. I'm really hoping it gets a season two.

shit its tempting..

How are quality of preowned ones from amiami? never bought preowned figure before.

B is basically mint. There are cases where B is dusty and/or (VERY) minor issues, but for the most part mint.

Don't worry about boxes. C box is just a further discount in my eyes. You'll never see an A box.

Funny enough. All my damaged figures were from As. Because they were unopened they couldn't check for any issues LOL.

good. I heard lots of good things about this Elin figure.

should I just pay extra 2000yen and go for A grade?

LOL not for me. I would never get an A over a B on amiami. B so far have all been in mint condition for me

Btw you better hurry fast if you do want it. It sells out fast.

edit
What I aim for is a B/C. B figure C box. I don't give 2 shits about the box and Most of the time the damage is just aging issues.

Ken

She's a great one, for sure.

I own many Super Sonico [and thus, being in various state of "un-dress"], but I'm really excited for Gift's upcoming version.

I mean, Sonico in her traditional tiger parka? Yes please! News of it's release have been slow, however, but we recently got a new bunch of pictures in the last couple of days, so hopefully that means pre-order will start soon...

BTW, on the subject of Sonico, I really enjoyed the Super Sonico anime. It wasn't as "fanservice"-filled as I thought it would be [it was actually quite tame], and a lot of the episodes had a lot of heart and nice music. I'm really hoping it gets a season two.

Oh man that's pretty cute.

LiK

man, i just completed Steins;Gate with all endings. now i'm gonna look for some merch. happy to see the figmas are all available. already own two (now sold out) figures before i even played the game, lol

man, i just completed Steins;Gate with all endings. now i'm gonna look for some merch. happy to see the figmas are all available. already own two (now sold out) figures before i even played the game, lol

Steins;Gate figma are awesome never thought we would get Okabe figma.
Still want other lab members like Daru but that ship has likely sailed.

Oh well other figure companies make enough to make up for it.

LiK

gotta get feyris and mayushi nendo

gotta admit, the Nendos don't look that great to me. :(

Steins;Gate figma are awesome never thought we would get Okabe figma.
Still want other lab members like Daru but that ship has likely sailed.

Oh well other figure companies make enough to make up for it.

yea, was totally surprised they made Okabe.

I need a Moeka figure dammit.

yea, loved her design

if you guys are a fan of steins gate you should try to get the BLK book on mandarake.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/81195

Got mine without the figma for like 3k. Great book and has both steins gate and BRS.

yea, got that. didn't really flip through that section for fear of character spoilers. now i'll go back and check it out.

Preordered Sakura on the Good Smile shop, to get the bonus Key charm.

A wee bit more expensive (not counting the almost sure customs I'll get upon delivery...) than the other ones, but I want to get the bonus :x And like I already said, it's going to be a rare if not unique buy of the sort so I don't mind paying extra for once.
Everything for my Sakura <3

Bombless

JAST didn't put a bill along with my Steins;Gate LE box, so I have to mail it to Customs. Sigh.

On the other hand I just noticed they had sent me a download code 3 weeks ago. Downloading now.

Arveene

Neo Member
Kunihiro Hajime is up for PO on BiJ and N-Y if anyone is interested. Might be a bit too bit uhh.. well everything for some people.
I preordered immediately.

In other news, Hobby Japan announced.. two more additions to the 7Sins line. I thought it would be over after seven, our poor wallets. I'm not too keen on Belial, but I like Astaroth.

Edit: Did anyone confirm whether or not we can post scans? I didn't want to risk anything by posting the 7Sins scans.

raven777

Kunihiro Hajime is up for PO on BiJ and N-Y if anyone is interested. Might be a bit too bit uhh.. well everything for some people.

In other news, Hobby Japan announced.. two more additions to the 7Sins line. I thought it would be over after seven, our poor wallets. I'm not too keen on Belial, but I like Astaroth.

Edit: Did anyone confirm whether or not we can post scans? I didn't want to risk anything by posting the 7Sins scans.

Is she going to be up on amiami later?

Bombless

I posted one of them earlier and we decided it wasn't a good idea :p Dat Belial Life, her sin must be MMO Addiction, with those WoW shoulders and all.

I was going to post the castle image...definitely looking good. More images at the source : https://twitter.com/minokichi_ss

no scans allowed. Its considered piracy in the way that people wouldn't need to buy the magazine and just read the scans.

Also That figure is pretty lewdddddd. I wonder if its like that MF figure of the girl in an apron. Just a big censor bar underneath of its sculpted like native figs.

Bombless

Mandarake already shipped Asuka Extra Nurse ver. Payment notice in 2 days, shipped on the third, not bad. Shipping was as much as the figure lol.

Edit : Lol. Got an email alert from MFC because someone posted on my profile. I go and check what this is about and....
Hello dear, How are you doing? hope fine, Well i wish to contact you through thiS medium to share ideas and interest after viewing your profile, Anyway i hope you do not mind replying me back to my email address. ( email adress which appears on a dozen boards/sites with the same text ) so that i will reply you direct and give you more details about me because i do not come to site always ok? thanks for your understanding.. Best regard. Miriam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom