• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, I can't really recommend the Ultimate Madoka figma. It has got to be the most finnicky figma I've ever dealt with, and I have quite a few. She's so heavy that her stand doesn't work very well, and a piece of her hair actually broke when I was trying to put her parts together (it was a seam break and easy fix, but still).

I love the others, though.
solely based on the figures themselves which would you say are the best of the Madoka Figma? Im already getting Sayaka because she is my 2nd favorite character but has my favorite design.
I want to get a 2nd figure for now until I can finish the group later but im having alot of trouble deciding.

So this is looking freaking awesome!
1ePjVb2.jpg

RMI

Banned
lol definitely a typo. looks like they just combined 10,000 and 6,000. The commas are in the right place though so it makes me think those get added in automatically.

Man Figma really get you with the random crossover accessories.
im going to end up needing most of the school uniform versions as well, ugh.

Guess I can't complain though, when I bought Disappearance Haruhi(my first Figma) I thought it was an awesome feature that she included the blushing face for Yuki.

meijiko

solely based on the figures themselves which would you say are the best of the Madoka Figma? Im already getting Sayaka because she is my 2nd favorite character but has my favorite design.
I want to get a 2nd figure for now until I can finish the group later but im having alot of trouble deciding.

Sayaka is really great, so it's good that you started with her. She's my least favorite character but my favorite figma, lol. Her swords offer a lot of pose options, and being able to pose her cape is really nice. Second I'd give to Homura, because she comes with a lot more display options since you can choose her moe version or her badass version, and a bunch of different weapons (I bought two so I could display both). Kyouko and Mami are both good choices, too, though. Kyouko's spear is really fun for posing, and Mami's got all her guns to play around with, but neither of them feel as interactive as Homura. Kyouko comes with pocky face, though, so I give the edge to her. Madoka I'm putting at dead last just because her bow and arrows are kind of boring and finnicky, and I wasn't impressed by face choices.

Sayaka is really great, so it's good that you started with her. She's my least favorite character but my favorite figma, lol. Her swords offer a lot of pose options, and being able to pose her cape is really nice. Second I'd give to Homura, because she comes with a lot more display options since you can choose her moe version or her badass version, and a bunch of different weapons (I bought two so I could display both). Kyouko and Mami are both good choices, too, though. Kyouko's spear is really fun for posing, and Mami's got all her guns to play around with, but neither of them feel as interactive as Homura. Kyouko comes with pocky face, though, so I give the edge to her. Madoka I'm putting at dead last just because her bow and arrows are kind of boring and finnicky, and I wasn't impressed by face choices.

Thanks, Homura despite kinda being my favorite character didn't really seem to "pop" in images of the figure so I wasn't sure when I should get her.
definitely need the
ribbon
hairpiece and weapons from the school uniform version later though.

Gyrian

Each time I convince myself I can't impulse Amimi's pre-owned section any worse, I go on to prove otherwise.
Was getting ready to pay for an order when I saw an A Alter Selvaria. Had an alert for her for a few months without any promising hits (it turned up in Mandarake, but damaged), and it didn't work here either.
Random browsing, and there it was. Added!

Each time I convince myself I can't impulse Amimi's pre-owned section any worse, I go on to prove otherwise.
Was getting ready to pay for an order when I saw an A Alter Selvaria. Had an alert for her for a few months without any promising hits (it turned up in Mandarake, but damaged), and it didn't work here either.
Random browsing, and there it was. Added!

Expect to get brutalized on shipping. Her box was huge. I also found a Selvaria through AmiAmi pre-owned.

chrono01

7th Dragon 2020 Psychic is apparently scheduled for September. No price yet, but the fact that we're getting a release date already must mean pre-orders are getting near. I'll be pre-ordering this one without hesitation.

But September, such a packed month. I mean, I'm sure it will get delayed once [or twice...or thrice]. However, nothing will stop me from owning her.

7th Dragon 2020 Psychic is apparently scheduled for September. No price yet, but the fact that we're getting a release date already must mean pre-orders are getting near. I'll be pre-ordering this one without hesitation.

I'm still kinda lukewarm on Psychic. I may get her, though. September seems a bit packed, though.

Miku2020 showed up today, haven't cracked her box open yet, though.

chrono01

I'm still kinda lukewarm on Psychic. I may get her, though. September seems a bit packed, though.

Miku2020 showed up today, haven't cracked her box open yet, though.
Yeah, October would have been a nice month to release her, but the odds of Psychic actually making the September release date is pretty damn slim.

I should have my 7th Dragon 2020 Hatsune Miku on Monday. I'm looking forward to her. Be sure to post your impressions once you open her!

george_us

But September, such a packed month. I mean, I'm sure it will get delayed once [or twice...or thrice]. However, nothing will stop me from owning her.
Here's hoping she doesn't end up going for $300 down the road like Samurai. I dig the figure save for the atom splitting nipples but September is going to be brutal unless I cancel something.

so september is a death month

1) shimakaze (GSC)
2) Kongo (MF)
3) Psychic 2020 (MF)
4) Belgephor (Amakuni)
5) Mammon (Amakuni)
6) Cover Girl (Skytube)
7) Asuka (Alter)
8) Homura Kimono (GSC)
9) Asmodeus recolor (Orchid Seed)
10) Sorc dragon crown (Megahouse)

LOLOLOL

I have shimakaze, asmodeus, cover girl, belgephor and soon psychic.

I will probably add kongo

edit
Most likely delayed
1) Asuka (alter)
2) Shimakaze (gsc)
3) Kongo (mf)
4) psychic (mf)
5) cover girl (skytube)

chrono01

Here's hoping she doesn't end up going for $300 down the road like Samurai. I dig the figure save for the atom splitting nipples but September is going to be brutal unless I cancel something.
Hacker is still available for a decent price. I think the reason Samurai goes for so much is that she was the first in a now "popular" line, and many didn't think that she'd turn out as great as she did [how dare they!?]. I have a feeling that Psychic's price, post-release, will sit at around the same price as Hacker and Hatsune Miku. So while it might not technically be the MSRP, it will be close to it. I don't see them reaching the double/triple price of Samurai, but then, I have been wrong before.

Also, I don't think you have to worry about her being released in September. Given Max Factory's current slate of releases for the year, I can see Psychic getting delayed at least two times.

johnsmith

remember me

1) shimakaze (GSC)
2) Kongo (MF)
3) Psychic 2020 (MF)
4) Belgephor (Amakuni)
5) Mammon (Amakuni)
6) Cover Girl (Skytube)
7) Asuka (Alter)
8) Homura Kimono (GSC)

LOLOLOL

edit
Most likely delayed
1) Asuka (alter)
2) Shimakaze (gsc)
3) Kongo (mf)
4) psychic (mf)
5) cover girl (skytube)

re September
D70JRPB.png

I only have Megahouse Sorceress, and she's already paid for. But like I said before, every March, June, September, and December are always the awful months.

kewlmyc

1) shimakaze (GSC)
2) Kongo (MF)
3) Psychic 2020 (MF)
4) Belgephor (Amakuni)
5) Mammon (Amakuni)
6) Cover Girl (Skytube)
7) Asuka (Alter)
8) Homura Kimono (GSC)

LOLOLOL

edit
Most likely delayed
1) Asuka (alter)
2) Shimakaze (gsc)
3) Kongo (mf)
4) psychic (mf)
5) cover girl (skytube)
Jesus fuck, dude....

All I have is Goku (lol) and Hinata (Koto). My heart goes out to your wallet.

meijiko

Clalaclan arrived today. Amiami wasn't kidding with their B-rank this time. She was dirty. Pretty much every nook of her dress and her entire shield were covered in this weird sticky sort of dust. I don't want to know what it was, but it's mostly gone now. I took a q-tip and some alcohol and went to town, and managed to clean her up nicely. Her base looked mostly clean at a glance, but when I q-tipped it as well, I found it was covered in a strange dark film. Either way, she's cleaned up nicely, and now sits on my shelf.

There was some actual damage they didn't report, though, which bothers me. It's small, but the place where her cross meets the rest of her staff has some dents and paint chips. Not cool Amiami.

But overall I think she's beautiful, and worth my nearly a year of searching.

2U0aXi4.jpg

I also unboxed my cleaning Levi and stuck him in my living room. Perhaps he'll be an inspiration to be a good housewife and keep my apartment clean. ;-;

t4jOxVw.jpg

Bombless

Damn Mejiko, she really is gorgeous.

Sad to hear about the stickyness though, I suspect that might have been plasticizer from being stuck too long in her box. If the previous owner kept her sealed for a long time then put her on display without cleaning her...

Giolon

How do you guys clean your figures? Some of mine's getting sticky, and water's not doing anything to it.

Use a little dish soap and warm water. There's links to informational posts earlier in this thread. Search for "plasticizer".

Depending on how much has accumulated, it may take multiple passes.

LiK

How do you guys clean your figures? Some of mine's getting sticky, and water's not doing anything to it.

Sticky? Do you live in a hot and humid place? Mine are usually dusty so I use Swiffer and air dusters to dust them. Never had figures that are sticky.

where do you live, how hot is it, is it an enclosed room?

sticky might be older PVC that leak plastizers or whatever. THere is a guide to clean it on gsc blog

http://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/2013/06/20/dealing-with-stickiness-on-figures/

Wow, so keeping figures sealed can cause stickiness? I might need to check my older figures I never bothered displaying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom