• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfox

Thanks. I live in a tropical environment so it's humid most of the time. It's mostly my older figures since I don't clean them often >.<

cajunator

Banned
Why do they have to be so cute?
Making me want them even when I don't care about the series/characters.

Ive got this one
c66a33d687d86cf0db15add24fe3ebcf.image.375x500.jpg

javac

Yeah I think I remember reading on /toy/ that people give sealed figures fresh air every few months or so and open windows and such. I mean even getting the sun shining all over them can cause discolouration too right? Humidity can cause leaning and shit too apparently.

A thread on MFC and some stuff here too. Guy put his shit in the freezer :0

Yeah I think I remember reading on /toy/ that people give sealed figures fresh air every few months or so and open windows and such. I mean even getting the sun shining all over them can cause discolouration too right? Humidity can cause leaning and shit too apparently.

that was in 2008. A lot of the newer figures don't have those issues (atleast from big companies).

Basic rule
1) don't let it get too hot
2) don't let it get too humid
3) don't put it in direct sunlight for long periods of time

i have a few figures still sealed but they were made this year. Nothing is going to happen to them considering most figures stay sealed for months after release in warehouses.

javac

that was in 2008. A lot of the newer figures don't have those issues (atleast from big companies).

Basic rule
1) don't let it get too hot
2) don't let it get too humid
3) don't put it in direct sunlight for long periods of time

i have a few figures still sealed but they were made this year. Nothing is going to happen to them considering most figures stay sealed for months after release in warehouses.

True true. I forget we're in 20 bloody 14 now! A lots changed. I'm in no way insinuating that your figure will fall apart if you look at it weird, just letting people know of some links I found intriguing. I'm the noob here, I'm sure you all know more than me about this stuff. As a side note, most of the stuff I buy predates 2008, old is gold :)

True true. I forget we're in 20 bloody 14 now! A lots changed. I'm in no way insinuating that your figure will fall apart if you look at it weird, just letting people know of some links I found intriguing. I'm the noob here, I'm sure you all know more than me about this stuff. As a side note, most of the stuff I buy predates 2008, old is gold :)

Thankfully since 2009+ figure companies addressed leaning.

Now they are getting there with learning about peg issues. Since now its not leaning that is an issue, its stress on the pegs that force them to get snapped due to pressure (k-on alter suffers from this).

Obviously some companies take that into consideration. (Strike witches from alter, Rin from GSC and a few more).

javac

Thankfully since 2009+ figure companies addressed leaning.

Now they are getting there with learning about peg issues. Since now its not leaning that is an issue, its stress on the pegs that force them to get snapped due to pressure (k-on alter suffers from this).

Obviously some companies take that into consideration. (Strike witches from alter, Rin from GSC and a few more).

Yeah I'll admit I get stressed over the longevity of my items. It's good to know things have improved. All my figures are in a room with roof windows so I usually wake up in the morning and the sun is shining all over my figures. Gets me a bit anxious.

Yeah I'll admit I get stressed over the longevity of my items. It's good to know things have improved. All my figures are in a room with roof windows so I usually wake up in the morning and the sun is shining all over my figures. Gets me a bit anxious.

where do you live? if its dry its not THAT big of an issue. The most that will happen is that paint will fade. I keep them mostly out of the sun but there is a time where my ultimate madoka gets hit through the small cracks of my blinds. Thankfully her dress is white sooo its not that bad.

javac

I live in the UK. It's about 7° right now (granted its 5am lol) and it doesn't really get too hot. During the day if the sun's out it'll end up shining over everything just due to the angle the light comes into my room. Can't do much I guess and I can't rearrange. I might be moving away soon anyways (work related).

I just found this. I really want it but it's a bit too much for me. Maybe someone here will appreciate it more.

Yoko Littner - 1/5 (Gift) 10k Opened and the sole's damaged supposedly.

1 thing that is 100% correct is get everything as far away from sunlight as possible.

And over the years white will start to yellow depending on the quality,
One of the 2 of these I had since childhood has actually completely turned yellow.

javac

1 thing that is 100% correct is get everything as far away from sunlight as possible.

Yeah it's gonna be tough with the layout. I wake up and it's shining all over my laptop and phone too. That can't be good but I'm soo tiered that I just go back to sleep :$
until it shines all over my face and forces me out my own room.

Preordered the Mini Revol Solid Snake off amiami this evening as well as a Persona Q 3DSXL case.

Looking forward to receiving both in the summer.

Preordered the Mini Revol Solid Snake off amiami
Preordered mine as well, im actually ok with the scale change now after thinking about it.
Wayyyy more display options now.
Most likely going to display my Snake with either my 3A Rex or I could even have a display of Snake going against a GI Joe tank ala MGS1.

LiK

Preordered mine as well, im actually ok with the scale change now after thinking about it.
Most likely going to display my Snake with either my 3A Rex or I could even have a display of Snake going against a GI Joe tank ala MGS1.

i didn't actually look at the scale. so it's smaller than the previous Revoltech Boss and Raiden? That's annoying...

I fell in love with the scale after seeing it on Kojima's twitter as it looks great due to looking "active".

i didn't actually look at the scale. so it's smaller than the previous Revoltech Boss and Raiden? That's annoying...
Yeah a lot smaller.
Here is a comparison on MFC http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/977243&ref=item:206339
Its annoying that they do this now, couldn't we get him to go with the other 3 figures then start 4' with Phantom Pain Boss

I fell in love with the scale after seeing it on Kojima's twitter as it looks great due to looking "active".
Have a link?

the Revoltechs were not that big and now they're making them smaller. i don't get it.
It was said on some other site that they are trying to branch out and lockdown another scale since they have so much competition at their average scale.
The 5'-6' scale has Figma, Figuarts and Revoltech amongst others all competing.
4' inch has no competition in Japan, Microman was it but they are basically dead atm.
America its like the main scale, so that also means they have an over sea market for it while not directly competing.

Thanks

LiK

It was said on some other site that they are trying to branch out and lockdown another scale since they have so much competition at their average scale.

Thanks

and they decide to use do it with Solid Snake. Those fuckers. Wish they chose another series to start with.

and they decide to use do it with Solid Snake. Those fuckers. Wish they chose another series to start with.
We still could see Solid in the old scale,
Max Factory is doing a nendo and I can't see them not doing a Solid Snake Figma eventually.

It does kinda suck that it is Solid, but I do like the figure itself. As for a series, I'd have loved to have seen it used for SnK/AoT.
AoT has to happen, perfect scale for that. Have them grappled around your shelves without taking up too much space, cheaper means likely more characters.
horses wouldn't be ridiculously priced and they could probably even make an affordable scaled Titan.

Anyone pre-order the new kuroneko tsugi no jugyo ha pool? I'm thinking of pre-ordering her off amiami.

I like Kuroneko as much as the next person, but that figure is a bit too loli-tastic for my tastes.... especially with the swimsuit in the state it's in.

I hate you guys. I'm watching Madoka Magica and can barely get through the second episode.

Oh, I fully expect you to thank us once you get into the meat of the series. Second episode? Jeez, you have no patience if you won't even give a series a full hour before complaining. If it was Queen's Blade or some shitty anime like that, I couldn't blame you. But even I gave that one nine episodes before I couldn't take anymore.

As an aside, I just finished watching the 3rd Madoka movie, ~Rebellion, and I liked it. It was confusing in some places, but it was all worth it
for that shot of Kyubey after the credits. OMG, he looked like he'd been raped. lolololol

I hate you guys. I'm watching Madoka Magica and can barely get through the second episode.

3rd episode changes everything. You will soon realize why the trailer and the first 2 episodes were all trolls.

"HEY PARENTS, GET YOUR YOUNG CHILD TO WATCH THIS ANIME THAT IS LIKE SAILOR MOON!"

eps 3 happens

darklin0

Banned
I consider myself now the dumbest brute ever. The other night there was a mad thunderstorm going down where I live. I decide to go and unplug all my electronics just in case there is a power surge. I the go for the the last few cables that are a ways under a floationg shelf, which by the way is about 6 feet off the ground. As I am unplugging the cords the power goes out and due to being startled by this I lift my head at full speed and knock the living hell out of that shelf. I knew at that moment I made a huge mistake, I could only grimace at the sound they made as they came crashing down. I pulled out my phone and started picking them up, I inspected each one and everything seemed okay... until I got to Vash. His leg broke due to the impact, I am completely heartbroken now.

So do you guys know any ways of fixing broken figures? I have looked up some stuff online and have seen some ways I can possibly repair the damage. Before I go ahead and do anything I would kindly take any advice on the matter.

Yep I know that from some of the stuff I read. I will be looking for quality products, I am being very careful before I do anything.
model liquid cement is your best bet if you find some.
Testors' brand at that.
Use it gently, it slightly melts the 2 edges so they bond together and harden as one.

Giolon

Higher quality April scans are out, and it looks like 7 Sins Belial has glasses? I don't know if can trust it bc Mammon originally did too.

Also, it looks like the original color of Asmodeus is going to be on sale at MegaHobby Expo Spring 2014 on 5/31. Those looking for her might be able to get via proxy. Tokyo-Hunter seems to have stopped operating, but does anybody know of others that got event exclusives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom