• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Native never had an issue with quality. Lets put it like that. Its a branch of MF.

In terms of quality. The base is meh but you don't have to use it. All you need is the chair. no issues from what I can see.

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/figurin...collection-suzuki-margit-limited-edition.html

11k Also NSFW
Yeah, I own several Native figures and they've all been great, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised the same is true here.

I managed to find a review online with a lot of pictures, and she definitely looks to be well-done. Nice painting/shading, and I love her little frog slippers. Not sure if I'll order her or not, but whatever I decide I'll do it soon.

Yeah, I own several Native figures and they've all been great, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised the same is true here.

I managed to find a review online with a lot of pictures, and she definitely looks to be well-done. Nice painting/shading, and I love her little frog slippers. Not sure if I'll order her or not, but whatever I decide I'll do it soon.

it will go up in price, it is a native figure lol. Theres like only 2-3 figures that haven't gone up in value.

chrono01

it will go up in price, it is a native figure lol. Theres like only 2-3 figures that haven't gone up in value.
Ordered.

I was going to wait a bit to think about, but considering how fast N-Y is going through their stock [they had 14 last night, than 7 this morning, and then 3 just before I ordered a minute ago] I didn't want to take the risk. I went with SAL Registered, since EMS was almost double the price. I'll still get tracking + insurance, although it will obviously take longer to reach me. That's fine, I am a patient man!

cajunator

Banned
Anyone pre-order the new kuroneko tsugi no jugyo ha pool? I'm thinking of pre-ordering her off amiami. She's currently on my watch list...
003794.jpg

Im on the fence. do I really need a seventh Kuroneko?

LiK

totally forgot to check Amazon for Steins;Gate stuff before importing but i dodged a bullet. it's all resellers and i can't trust them anymore.

somebody buy this. buy this. buy this.

It's like johnsmith said, why do we even preorder things?

cuz the first two print run ran for over 15k aftermarket? LOL it took so many years and 3 re-reruns to get the price down.

Nobody expected a re-release because how long it was since the first release.

First release was 2011.

The 3rd re-release was 2014. 3 years. nobody saw that coming

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I am looking to buy a broken figure from Mand.

Anyone have experience on gluing small stuff back?

101.jpg

It is the headlight (?) at her waist, looks pretty thin, is there anything special I should use to get them back together? It looks pretty thin.

DancingQueen1297496975.jpeg

raven777

Do you get your account banned if you cancel a preorder from Nippon-Yasan?

And I assume you can change your address for a preorder later? I am trying to preorder something releasing on December and I have no idea where I will be in December.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I was just checking Amazon and I noticed that they have a lot more stuff up for pre-order from Good Smile Company. For example, KanColle Shimazake:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00INLXUKU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

While the pre-order prices are pretty high (just a teensy bit higher than retail + importing cost in most cases), I'm wondering if that means we may see these figures discounted on Amazon in the future.

LiK

I was just checking Amazon and I noticed that they have a lot more stuff up for pre-order from Good Smile Company. For example, KanColle Shimazake:

While the pre-order prices are pretty high (just a teensy bit higher than retail + importing cost in most cases), I'm wondering if that means we may see these figures discounted on Amazon in the future.
Hope so. I don't mind a slightly higher price cuz shipping is still free and fast and returns are fucking easy. And we can cancel if we change our minds.

As for that figure, she is way overpriced, imo

kewlmyc

This might be due to Ultra Tokyo Connection, which is GSC's offical US reseller. Most of the GSC products you are seeing in US retail sites like crunchyroll and what not nowadays are from them. It would explain the super prices.

http://www.ultratc.com/

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hope so. I don't mind a slightly higher price cuz shipping is still free and fast and returns are fucking easy. And we can cancel if we change our minds.

As for that figure, she is way overpriced, imo

She is absolutely overpriced, but I was using her as more of an example. I have to think that her price will drop after release. Until recently, I've only seen Kotobukiya stuff sold first hand from Amazon.

Here's another example. A 1/4 Sena:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IDXL2ZS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

At 1/4 scale, this figure would have probably been $50 shipping anyway, so she would have been $150-160 on AmiAmi. Just something I'm going to keep an eye on. If these end up dropping in price, like the bishoujos typically do, before they sell out, I might pick them up.

This might be due to Ultra Tokyo Connection, which is GSC's offical US reseller. Most of the GSC products you are seeing in US retail sites like crunchyroll and what not nowadays are from them. It would explain the super prices.

http://www.ultratc.com/

Ah, yes. I forgot about that. That makes a lot of sense.

I am looking to buy a broken figure from Mand.

Anyone have experience on gluing small stuff back?

If they knock the price down quite a bit and you're not looking to resell, I've had no problem gluing figures back together. Dab of super glue, zen master patience as you hold the pieces firm, pray you didn't get any on your fingers, done. If you put to much glue you get a bit of runoff around the area you fixed.

I love when an order arrives much sooner than expected.
Not only did I find Figma Sayaka for about $15+ cheaper than Mandarake it also shipped Saturday and is arriving today.

Vyse from Skies of Arcadia statue from First 4 Figures, so take that as you will
*cough* $219.99, or non-exclusive for $199.99 =P
Just curious, but do people not like this company or something? Is there a reason other than their prices? I'm not a big figure person but the first time I visited the Nintendo World Store years ago I bought their Varia Suit Samus and Skull Kid and think they're pretty amazing. Haven't purchased anything from them since but feel like I often see them mentioned derisively and was wondering what the cause was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom