• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
The latest Pochaco art is....uhh.....weird. Very much NSFW.

She's making my banana stand.

Arrested+Development+Banana+Stand.png

Cock! I ordered that Alter Asuka from Nippon a while ago for 9k, thinking that I could cancel it down the line. I guess I have to keep it now...shes not even worth half that much IMO :$

At least its out in September...gives me enough time to forget about it until it arrives at my door.

what...september is death month.

shimakaze, 2 deadly sins, cover girl (skytube), psychic and probably kongo

Holy Crap did Play Arts go crazy!?!

List Price = 25,920 JPY; Amiami price = 18,390 JPY
It's huge; "Size: Appx. W345 x H280 x D 290mm with tail (155mm without tail)" but damn that price for Play Arts, can't really see how big it is compared to normal Play Arts but the best photo I can find are these:
PLAY_ART_KAI_FINAL_FANTASY_NYCC_DISPLAY_01.jpg
bgoakvnigaa-ykf.jpg

so people who want mikasa dx for cheaper

http://en.animate-onlineshop.jp/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=169_170&products_id=4138

Don't know how good this place is, was recommended by somebody on MFC
$120 for dx version.

They do charge tax if you live in CA. So for me it wasn't even that big and I rather pay the difference and guarantee I get it and avoid the crunchyroll incident (Where they cancel maiko madoka orders because they didn't get enough and people were stuck getting aftermarket prices which were 50+ dollars more)

meijiko

so people who want mikasa dx for cheaper

http://en.animate-onlineshop.jp/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=169_170&products_id=4138

Don't know how good this place is, was recommended by somebody on MFC
$120 for dx version.

They do charge tax if you live in CA. So for me it wasn't even that big and I rather pay the difference and guarantee I get it and avoid the crunchyroll incident (Where they cancel maiko madoka orders because they didn't get enough and people were stuck getting aftermarket prices which were 50+ dollars more)

I can vouch for animate. Placed an order with them about a month ago, it was literally in my hands a day and a half later. Well-packed, too. I live near Seattle, so it's probably just one plane ride away from them, but still. Really fast. I guess we'll see how they handle pre-orders and figures, but they're a really big place in Japan. Can't see them fucking this up.

javac

what...september is death month.

shimakaze, 2 deadly sins, cover girl (skytube), psychic and probably kongo

Not interested in any of those. I only have Alter Asuka, Ryuko Figma, Ryuko Nendoroid and Ryuko Phat pre ordered and like I said the Asuka isn't even really wanted. I don't think I'll pre order anything else until Satsuki figures. Your death month has no power here! I don't abide by your rules!
Because I'm pooor! T_t

I can vouch for animate. Placed an order with them about a month ago, it was literally in my hands a day and a half later. Well-packed, too. I live near Seattle, so it's probably just one plane ride away from them, but still. Really fast. I guess we'll see how they handle pre-orders and figures, but they're a really big place in Japan. Can't see them fucking this up.

well so is crunchyroll lol. They are a partner with GSC iirc.

Preorders should be fine but exclusives? ehhhhh. If they were listed on GSC partner page I might of but its too late now. I already ordered mikasa.

Also Amakuni don't really delay sins release. Orchid seed does tho and only the recolor asmodeus is an OS figure

You said otherwise to Mikasa last week though. :p

Yeah, you're right. Fuck GSC. :p

But to be serious, I don't think Mikasa is a bad figure, she just doesn't appeal too much to me. The costume itself isn't all that attention-grabbing, and the price is fairly steep. I can be objective, I'm sure the quality will be there, it's just not a figure I feel any great need to own. Sure, I paid about the same for my pre-owned Viletta Nu, and that was from MegaHouse - But she's a dark-skinned goddess.

Armored Wonder Woman has arrived. Some very quick impressions.

She's bigger that the previous bishoujo despite being in the same 1/7 scale. Makes the original look petite in comparison. Bigger box and proportions. According to the info on the packaging she's 1/2 an inch taller.

welcome to how I felt about the manga monthssssssssssss ago

Just because I never verbalized it doesn't mean I didn't share the sentiment. What is this, hipster not-liking things? You disliked it first? XD

Berserk hasn't gone anywhere in fucking years and it's still the best manga out there by a mile.

Well got my payment request from Mandarake. Guess I win this round!

Except you're out $200.

What a wonderful/abusive hobby. At least shipping wasn't too bad.

It's all relative. I remember when I thought paying $30 for shipping was insane. That would be a shipping charge for domestic overnight or something. When dealing with international stuff, it's not that pricey. Most I've ever paid for shipping figures so far was like, 8k.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
------------------------------------------------------------
Shipping Methods :
EMS
Sub total: 16,700 yen
Shipping Fee: 8,200 yen
Grand Total: 24,900 yen

For 3 figures from Mandarake, the shipping is painful, 50% of the cost. I wonder if DHL will be cheaper.

Shipping Methods :
EMS
Sub total: 16,700 yen
Shipping Fee: 8,200 yen
Grand Total: 24,900 yen

For 3 figures from Mandarake, the shipping is painful, 50% of the cost. I wonder if DHL will be cheaper.

might be. I once had a 40 lbs order and it cost me only 40 bucks to ship lol

edit

YES I GOT A 5.2k NADEKO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT. Only one missing now (kanbaru)

also theres one more left
5.2k nadeko (GSC)
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ortkey=preowned$pagemax=60$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

5.4k Naoe
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ortkey=preowned$pagemax=60$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

13k Kurisu exclusive (GSC)

johnsmith

remember me

edit

YES I GOT A 5.2k NADEKO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT. Only one missing now (kanbaru)

also theres one more left
5.2k nadeko (GSC)

5.4k Naoe

I hate this display option. Makes it look like she's an amputee or something. Disturbing.

zj5wpAv.png

chrono01

Chrono? Seeing reason?

!!!!!!!
I know. it scares me too.

aot is bad
I still enjoy Attack on Titan as a series, I just don't particularly like the character design enough to warrant the collection of the scaled figures. I own a few of the Figma, as well a couple more pre-ordered, but that's mostly because I think they'll be fun to pose/re-create scenes from the anime series. You can't really do that with scaled figures, aside from the image the sculpt is based on.

Well got my payment request from Mandarake. Guess I win this round!
Congrats!

Samurai is amazing, you will enjoy her.

Bombless

I know. it scares me too.

I still enjoy Attack on Titan as a series, I just don't particularly like the character design enough to warrant the collection of the scaled figures. I own a few of the Figma, as well a couple more pre-ordered, but that's mostly because I think they'll be fun to pose/re-create scenes from the anime series. You can't really do that with scaled figures, aside from the image the sculpt is based on.

Congrats!

Samurai is amazing, you will enjoy her.

Don't think about it too much, don't think abo....too late :(

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

T_T I'll keep my EMS.

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

You can change the shipping method as long you haven't paid for the order.
Just email us about it.

For your current order, DHL will be 10,600yen.

Please let us know if you wish to change.

Regards,

Mago

Bombless

Huh, I just realised my Hobby Search order has been in stock for days and no payment notice was sent. Shot them an email, it's the bloody end of the month. I want my 2020 Miku >_<

Just watched a couple Arpeggio episodes, them awesome naval battles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom