• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven777

my Elin order arrived today.
5361062C4655BE0035

it's sooo good. I love it.

LiK

Huh, I just realised my Hobby Search order has been in stock for days and no payment notice was sent. Shot them an email, it's the bloody end of the month. I want my 2020 Miku >_<

Just watched a couple Arpeggio episodes, them awesome naval battles!

I got an overdue payment notice again today. This time for Miku 2020. It's getting bad when I forget which orders I paid for, lol

Bombless

I got an overdue payment notice again today. This time for Miku 2020. It's getting bad when I forget which orders I paid for, lol

That is why I like HobbySearch's preapproved payments. Once the order is in stock they automatically pay themselves and mail the stuff. I wouldn't want that for all my orders, due to that credit card being very limited, but it makes managing things easier.

I hate hate hate hate hate hate limited edition/store specific figures....

Welcome to figure collecting. The only ones I really despise are the ones you need to buy from a specific web store while being a member of a certain fanclub (which usually costs something to the tune of 10k to join in the first place). They pulled that shit for a few of the MegaHouse Yamato Girls variants.

Sushigod7

Hey guys anyone looking for a Momohime from Muramasa? I have one from the first run I displayed for awhile but its been boxed for years. One small ding on back of box, if interested let me know looking for about 175 shipped. It may come out less with shipping but I like to do priority and insurance for the value of $150. I'll throw up in FS thread if not. Thanks!

That feels like a pretty steep selling price for Momohime.

It does. I think the demand is certainly there, but when figures get up around 15k, they're usually an automatic pass for me. Momohime is gorgeous, but she's also pretty tiny for a 1/8. I paid 11k for her after shipping, and I feel she was worth it. But anything over 14k and things get a bit murky, IMO.

Also, I'm just gonna throw this out there... Someone sell me their Black Cat bishoujo. I kinda want one now. No LOL-prices. I'll pay something reasonable.

you could get momohime for 120-130. though Im not sure 1st release matters or anything.

If N-Y's pricing schemes are anything to go by, it must make a difference to at least a handful of people. I'm sure there's some notation or minor difference on the packaging to denote such things. But for people like us who are going to tear these things open and display the figures, it makes no difference.

LiK

Yea, I don't even care about box condition anymore. I end up tossing them or cut out any unique art when I open them.

LiK

I've got like, a shitload of boxes and I want to get rid of a lot. What's your criteria for tossing out boxes?
i basically only keep really unique boxes or for figures that will definitely resell like the Medicom and Hot Toys 1/6 figures. Everything else I toss usually. If it has some really cool art in high quality, I'll cut out that side. The worst is if the unique art is wrapped around the entire box. I can't help but keep those for the awesome designs.

i basically only keep really unique boxes or for figures that will definitely resell like the Medicom and Hot Toys 1/6 figures. Everything else I toss usually. If it has some really cool art in high quality, I'll cut out that side. The worst is if the unique art is wrapped around the entire box. I can't help but keep those for the awesome designs.

I'll probably take a look at what I've got this weekend. It's at a point where there are just too many empty boxes sitting around. I'll probably toss at least half of them, though I definitely want to keep all of the boxes for my Kotobukiya bishoujos.

Is there anything still in the box? Toss

Is there anything still in the box that I can fit in a smaller box? Toss.

I take everything out of the boxes when I assemble the figures. Any accessories I don't use, I just condense into ziplock bags.

LiK

Boxes are definitely one of the most annoying things as a collector. But I'm having a hard time just selling some sealed figures recently even tho I keep lowering the price on eBay. I wanna clear some room but not actually lose money in the process. Sigh

If that is the going rate then I can go lower I was going off ebay auctions etc. I don't pay attention on the other import sites, I'll go $130 if anyone wants it for that.

yeah ebay is not a good look for figures. Some 60 dollar figures go for like 150+

Best way to check if either MFC or mandarake.

chrono01

Figures boxes do indeed take up a lot of space, but I could never think about getting rid of them. Not just for collector reasons, but if I ever wanted to store or *gasp!* "sell" any of them, having the original box would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, I received 7th Dragon 2020 Hatsune Miku today, along with the Shimakaze Nendoroid. As expected, she is utter perfection. Seriously, Max Factory/Shining Wizard has, once again, impressed me.

Now, when I can pre-order Psychic? *holds out a bundle of cash*

Ken

Figures boxes do indeed take up a lot of space, but I could never think about getting rid of them. Not just for collector reasons, but if I ever wanted to store or *gasp!* "sell" any of them, having the original box would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, I received 7th Dragon 2020 Hatsune Miku today, along with the Shimakaze Nendoroid. As expected, she is utter perfection. Seriously, Max Factory/Shining Wizard has, once again, impressed me.

kancolle figures

makoto pls

chrono01

kancolle figures

makoto pls
Don't worry. I've pretty much restricted myself to Shimakaze [Nendoroid and Amakuni scaled figure] and that's it. I just love her design.

I was, and still am, tempted to pre-order Kongou by Max Factory, but I have resisted thus far. I really don't want to commit to another line of figures, especially considering Orchid Seed/Amakuni seem to be continuing their Seven Deadly Sins collection. >_<

Gotta catch em' all.

meijiko

LiK

HOLY SHIT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

OH MY GOD

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT

FINALLY

JFC

I can stomach $250. I've probably spent over eight times that much on my CCS collection over the past three years or so. I can't believe it's finally happening.

it's cheaper in the stores that are selling it. NISA is $199.99 but RightStuf is $178.98. Robert's Anime Corner Store is $174.98 but I never bought from them.

I'm not too crazy about Psychic, but I'll probably end up getting her. Only things I don't like are that she's a bit scantily-clad, and those torpedo nipples. o_O

I can stomach $250. I've probably spent over eight times that much on my CCS collection over the past three years or so. I can't believe it's finally happening.

Yesh anime is expensive. Here I thought $100 for the Toradora bluray set was a lot.

$100 isn't terrible. At least Toradora! was a full 25-episode series. Anime pricing tends to rise and fall, and it's been getting pricier as of late. $250 for CCS, though... Yeesh. I was never really a fan of the series, but how many episodes was it?

LiK

I'm not too crazy about Psychic, but I'll probably end up getting her. Only things I don't like are that she's a bit scantily-clad, and those torpedo nipples. o_O

$100 isn't terrible. At least Toradora! was a full 25-episode series. Anime pricing tends to rise and fall, and it's been getting pricier as of late. $250 for CCS, though... Yeesh. I was never really a fan of the series, but how many episodes was it?

70 from the listing. It doesn't seem to include the movies from what I can tell. the only positive is that it's MUCH cheaper than the JPN Blu-rays. Even half a season was ridiculous. $400+ iirc

What's up with anime pricing these days? It seems like even DVDs are crazy expensive from companies other than Funimation.

Well it is basically a niche product. And you have different companies going with different strategies.

NISA stuff usually comes with a good deal of bonus stuff, nice packaging so it's usually worth its price. The only caveat is that they usually don't dub their releases.

Funimation is pretty averagely price, middle ground with some nice extras but they usually take forever due to licensing red tape.

Sentai is barebones releases. Just slightly cheaper than Funi but extremely cheap in the amount of things you get. You might not even get a dub these days.

Then you have Aniplex who goes all in, with the pretty bonus stuff and extremely high prices and basically sells to the people who probably would have imported them with their prices.

Giolon

What's up with anime pricing these days? It seems like even DVDs are crazy expensive from companies other than Funimation.

Once it became clear that anime wasn't going to become a mainstream hit after the bubble burst circa 2007, publishers started to fall back on the Japanese model. Pump up the prices, and make their profit off of pure margins rather than volume. Aniplex is by far the worst offender. They and Bandai (after shuttering their NA publishing arm) often decide to just quickly stamp a few rudimentary English subtitles onto what is basically their Japanese discs and just import them to NA and sell those at the same price.

In short, it sucks, but it works b/c they know there are enough people who will pay for it to make it worth their while. Their data also shows that reducing prices doesn't increase sales volume enough to make up for the loss in marginal profit.

chrono01

Yeah, I'd prefer her nipples were more...normal, as well. Maybe in the final release they'll tone them down a bit? I know, unlikely, but you never know. The scantily-clad part doesn't bother me. That body...

Damn it Max Factory. Open pre-orders already.

chrono01

Speaking of opening pre-orders, have you heard anything on GSC's God Eater 2 Ciel? She's been painted for a good while. I kinda wanna get my order in.
Nope, not yet.

I know they said that her weapon was still undergoing final approval, so maybe that's delaying her pre-order somewhat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom