• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally opened up these two beauties. Bought them before I played the game because I liked their designs so I'm glad I splurged when they were rereleased. So happy they're the same scale too. Koto and Alter did a splendid job. I wish someone made Mayuri!

Already have koto kurisu, but kinda want suzuha.

suzuha used to go for 10-11k. I just don't care about her enough to get it. I have both kurisu (lab coat exclusive and koto)

I also do have feyris nendo.

Renovating. Maybe I should take a pic of my boxes...

Satsuki-sama!!!!!!!!!

Unpainted GK
tumblr_n5175jkjWp1qzdctco1_400.jpg
THIS is the figure I wanted, not so much the one in the pervy outfit.

cajunator

Banned
I kinda like it. Doesn't look too bad. The dual-columns is slightly distracting, I mean, what if you scroll down and TWO awesome figures appear side-by-side, then you go cross-eyed forever because you can't decide which to focus on first! AAAHHHHHHH!

My May isn't too bad, actually. I've got GSC's new Madoka, the Spider-Woman bishoujo, and Alter's Muse of Range Murata if it doesn't get delayed (it's getting delayed) and DC Direct's B&W Harley Quinn, but I ordered that from 'murica, because why would I import a domestic statue from Japan lol.

I remember seeing her a while back. What was she from again? And what makes her awesome?

Saber or Devil Homura? I'm assuming the latter, as she's the cuter of the two, but she's also the more evil of the two.

None yet so far as I know. Phat's Satsuki is still unpainted, to I'd give it another month or two before you start worrying. Next we need a Goku Uniform Mako, no question.

Second one. She will go perfect with Ultimate Madoka!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I guess now you can now tell me for certain if new Haruhi works with the Ryoko body. ;)

Not that I mind displaying short haired Haruhi with the disappearance uniform.

Kazzy

You can really tell that these are early Nendoroids. They're such a monumental pain in the ass to position and stand up. I pretty much gave up on Yuki and sat her in the chair, even if I really did want to use the full witch costume!

javac

THIS is the figure I wanted, not so much the one in the pervy outfit.

I want any version of her. Butt naked, whatever man. Give her to me.
The pervier the better.
But I hate resin kits with a passion. So many awesome figures that I can't get :(

I REALY need more space.
You have soo many boxes :p Are a lot of them empty or anything? I don't throw away my boxes either but I don't have as much as you so I just throw them into the bottom of my drawer. Out of sight out of mind.

zoku88

all those Nendo boxes. I toss most of mine out or flatten them.

trust me guys, dumping the boxes will free you!

I keep boxes (in a random closet), so I can put my figures back in them when I move. I haven't had much luck with transporting figures otherwise.

LiK

I keep boxes (in a random closet), so I can put my figures back in them when I move. I haven't had much luck with transporting figures otherwise.

i have way too many figures to even consider that. i just have plastic tubs to put them away.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You can really tell that these are early Nendoroids. They're such a monumental pain in the ass to position and stand up. I pretty much gave up on Yuki and sat her in the chair, even if I really did want to use the full witch costume!
Yeah, I was slightly taken aback when I saw Haruhi's circular base. You can tell in that photo that Nendos had a change in size as Haruhi is smaller than the other two.

Yesss, definitely going to be getting this!

Would have expected you to get the transformed version tbh.

Well, as I said, she's only a garage kit. I'm getting the Phat! Satsuki and Ryuuko figures because that's the only option right now. But if anyone makes a good Satsuki in her school outfit, DAY ONE.

I'm still waiting for someone announcing a Ragyo figure. Best villain ever.

oh man, is she ever. The hair could even be handled with transparent plastic like Koto uses instead of doing anything too pricey.

all those Nendo boxes. I toss most of mine out or flatten them.

trust me guys, dumping the boxes will free you!

I'm trying, but it's so hard to choose which ones get the boot.

Another KLK garage kit... Why weren't THESE the first PVC figures out of the gate?

javac

Ragyo is a pretty cool looking character but in terms of motives and execution she's very weak. Weakest character in the series. Dat blumenkranz tho.
Resin kits suck.

apricot

Always wondered how the older Nendos held up. I really love the quality if the newer ones (I think the oldest I have is Sakura Miku), so I'm not sure if I'd be happy with anything earlier than 100ish?

LiK

Always wondered how the older Nendos held up. I really love the quality if the newer ones (I think the oldest I have is Sakura Miku), so I'm not sure if I'd be happy with anything earlier than 100ish?

i have to dig them up but i think the earlier Nendos were heavier. The newer ones are much lighter and more hollow so much easier to display. Any other Nendo collectors know?

arhra

Quality is generally fine, but the stands kinda terrible, and don't really allow for much flexibility when it comes to poses (not that Nendos ever allow much, but the older ones with the seat-type stands are even more terrible).

Any of you collectors parents? After coming across a few threads on the gaming side on how some parents keep their gaming hobby alive with little ones, I was wondering how you manage to collect when you're a parent. Are you more picky in what you buy? Do more trades than purchases, etc

Kazzy

i have to dig them up but i think the earlier Nendos were heavier. The newer ones are much lighter and more hollow so much easier to display. Any other Nendo collectors know?

They are all very top-heavy, yes. The bases also vary, as do the fittings to hold them in place. To give a good example, after I posted the last photo, I unboxed my Yoko. It took me a while to realize that I had to position the two segments to essentially 'pincer' her into place:

Ken

Ugh, I have that Yoko nendoroid. Hate posing her. When I was done fighting the figure itself, I had to fight those awful stands.

Toki767

Crud. Small Air Packet puts my shipment to customs in Los Angeles instead of San Francisco. This'll take a while. I bought a new display box for Triumphant Excalibur Saber too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom