• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Just noticed that there is a paint stain on the figure I just got today OTL

Is there an easy way to remove them?

Giolon

Just noticed that there is a paint stain on the figure I just got today OTL

Is there an easy way to remove them?

From my experience, in increasing order of risking damage:

Water & liquid dish soap is the lightest weight thing you can use - it's basically impossible in my experience to do any damage with this. It'll only remove the most superficial of surface markings.

Plastic Erasers are your next best hope. It will removing tougher stains than simple soap and water, but it can also remove airbrushed paint easily, so be sure to use the smallest contact area you can. It's also likely to cause glossy areas to appear matte afterwards. Don't be afraid to use some pressure, but the more pressure you use, the more it's likely to remove paint.

Lastly, there are Magic Erasers. This is almost guaranteed to strip paint from your figure, so I can only recommend it for skin areas that are the molded PVC color w/ no airbrushing. It can get pretty severe stains out, but not always fully. Again, use the smallest contact area you can and be very mindful of what the color underneath what you're rubbing is likely to be.

Welcome, friend.

tumblr_inline_mtg9ddyNd01rmqdh5.gif

Oh, and you actually have to learn how to tie up her sarong.

Yeah, its not easy, keeps falling off or looking weird. See, that's the second time you complicate my life, in just two days. First my wallet dies of heart attack, then my patience gets tested with this sarong thingy :)
I think she's going commando...

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
From my experience, in increasing order of risking damage:

Water & liquid dish soap is the lightest weight thing you can use - it's basically impossible in my experience to do any damage with this. It'll only remove the most superficial of surface markings.

Plastic Erasers are your next best hope. It will removing tougher stains than simple soap and water, but it can also remove airbrushed paint easily, so be sure to use the smallest contact area you can. It's also likely to cause glossy areas to appear matte afterwards. Don't be afraid to use some pressure, but the more pressure you use, the more it's likely to remove paint.

Lastly, there are Magic Erasers. This is almost guaranteed to strip paint from your figure, so I can only recommend it for skin areas that are the molded PVC color w/ no airbrushing. It can get pretty severe stains out, but not always fully. Again, use the smallest contact area you can and be very mindful of what the color underneath what you're rubbing is likely to be.

Thanks for this! I'll try doing the liquid dish soap tomorrow. Hope that does the trick. A bit afraid to try the other two since I'm scared of damaging it, but will try them if I have to.

Bombless

So, the other day I decided to finally cash in the gift cards I had received from work for my birthday 2 years in a row. Went in and bought these :

It was only after I took the picture (and removed the plastic wrap, damn it) that I realised I had bought the freaking PS4 version of Injustice. Uhhhhh...

So I went back to the store yesterday and they (veeeery reluctantly) gave me a voucher for the game amount (no PS3 version in stock) so I got Xillia and Naruto. Also picked up Steins;Gate and the Amiami package this morning (didn't have the 73,82€ I needed to pay the postman on me, so he just gave me the missed delivery slip in hand heh).

Hobby Search still hasn't shipped my Miku + Crystal Boy box, damn Golden Week. I guess the package should arrive just as I leave for London Comic Con in 3 weeks.

Regarding photos, I think I have a decent camera (Canon Powershot SX10) but I have no idea how to use it's miriad of settings. Would any of you have a link to a tutorial of sorts on how those settings impact image quality? The shots you guys post are amazing!

Kazzy

Wow, unboxed my Miho (Girls Und Panzer) Nendoroid, and it didn't take 20+ minutes of fiddling about with fittings and bases!

The old ones still look really good, and these type of models undoubtedly have an appeal about them, though just be forewarned that the early ones do carry the slight caveat of being a nuisance to assemble.

javac

I know I'm not the biggest fan of them, but I bought the Panty Nendoroid for 1.5k. Again, hope it's a good price and I won't regret it since it's my first :p

Freed up some money so I was finally able to order that 1/7 Muramasa. August is going to be brutal.

Yeah, its not easy, keeps falling off or looking weird. See, that's the second time you complicate my life, in just two days. First my wallet dies of heart attack, then my patience gets tested with this sarong thingy :)
I think she's going commando...

It's a little tricky, I'm trying to remember how I did it. I think you push it through the hoops away from her body. Tie the knot, but don't tighten. Feed the strands back through the hoops, towards her, then tighten.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Custom-sama, I know you are having fun with my figures, but don't you think it is time for you to release my shipment and play with someone else's?

I am refreshing the japanpost website so often that they might think I am ddos'ing them.

OMG EVERYONE STOP WITH THE AEGIS FIGURES!!!!!

QFT getting sick of it even as a Persona fan lol

Also UK Figure collectors from Nintendo UK store so free UK delivery only (Click on pics for link):

£281.
"Exclusives"

£189.99

£281.99

£299.99

£69.99
Mighty tempted by the gunship but not for now lol

StayDead

If I ever won a lot of money I think I'd get one of those/a dollfie but they're far too expensive for me who earns less than minimum wage

javac

Hell yeah. It's like 90k everywhere else.

I bought it :) Thanks for the help, I didn't know if it was a good price. Now I wait. Bought Stocking Alter for 4.3k, Panty Nendoroid for 1.5k and Samus for 4.8k over the last day or two. Delivery will take a toll but overall I think that I...
  1. Spent too much over the last 24 hours
    BUT
  2. Got good prices?
I don't know how to feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom