• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

Man, this thread dies during Golden Week. :(
I'm sure our wallets are happy about it. I know mine is relieved.

In other figure related news, I missed the Amiami delivery on friday. Going to recover it today, but the postman screwed up and left it at a post office across the river, in the next town. It's only 10 mins away by bus, but still, wtf.

Edit : Uhh, turns out it wasn't the Amiami shipment, as the postman was just here with it. I'm not sure what the other package is then. Mandarake's? But it'd be extremely fast considering it left not long ago. Hmm...

Arveene

Neo Member
I'm sure our wallets are happy about it. I know mine is relieved.

In other figure related news, I missed the Amiami delivery on friday. Going to recover it today, but the postman screwed up and left it at a post office across the river, in the next town. It's only 10 mins away by bus, but still, wtf.

Edit : Uhh, turns out it wasn't the Amiami shipment, as the postman was just here with it. I'm not sure what the other package is then. Mandarake's? But it'd be extremely fast considering it left not long ago. Hmm...

Haha, I lose track of shipments all the time. It's great when a package arrives and I have no idea what should be inside it. I've had one arrive I didn't even remember ordering. My April order from Hobby Search should ship out sometime this week, but it's been about two weeks now and I haven't seen anything on my Mandarake order. It shipped EMS so it should have arrived about a week ago, no update since it arrived in customs. I called USPS about it on Friday and haven't gotten an update yet.

LiK

They are all very top-heavy, yes. The bases also vary, as do the fittings to hold them in place. To give a good example, after I posted the last photo, I unboxed my Yoko. It took me a while to realize that I had to position the two segments to essentially 'pincer' her into place:

Totally forgot about those older display stands too. Never liked them. I was generally surprised how much lighter the new ones were when I opened them.

Arveene

Neo Member
Trying to get rid of some figures. MFC link here. I feel like the prices are reasonable, willing to negotiate on here. Related note: Fuck being sick all the time.

LiK

Alright, anyone have any experience with Ebay Global Shipping Program? I may open that up so I can try and sell my figures more easily.

I'm also gonna try MFC as well. Need space and I'm willing to sell them for retail or less than what I paid.

Golden week indeed! 3 packages delivered early in the morning, wallet crying in agony...

Katsuragi from Senran Kagura
zC7UWrY.jpg
1yl9Xo0.jpg

You can never have to many Sonico figures. 1/4 bunny.

And finally, my wallet blames spandexmonkey for this one, managed to forget about her for a couple of months, now I'm also trying to get the daughter.
Hatsuho Kazami from Onegai Teacher

Kazzy

Totally forgot about those older display stands too. Never liked them. I was generally surprised how much lighter the new ones were when I opened them.

Yeah, pretty much.

But let me assure anyone who is thinking of getting older Nendoroids. They still look fantastic, and these are just minor, odd quibbles that I have.

Bombless

Turns out the mistery box was the Steins;Gate LE edition! Also grabbed Tales of Xylia and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations.

Way too many games on my plate right now :S

Luigi87

Bought myself a new camera, as it was 50% off clearance price. Gonna bring it with my on my trip to Japan, but decided to test it out on some figure shots.

Not really well versed in photography, did some quick and dirty photos at 100 ISO, and Manual Focus. Notice my crappy ass wrinkly backdrop.

javac

I bought Stocking Alter for 4.5k. Decent price right?

Also awesome pics Luigi87! Your photography is great! Love dat Majora's Mask figure. Man I'd love that!

Yagami_Sama

That Skull Kid, looks great. I need to purchase more figures like him. But I always purchase other girls and said next time will buy.

Giolon

Bought myself a new camera, as it was 50% off clearance price. Gonna bring it with my on my trip to Japan, but decided to test it out on some figure shots.

Not really well versed in photography, did some quick and dirty photos at 100 ISO, and Manual Focus. Notice my crappy ass wrinkly backdrop.

Very nice photos. What camera did you get? If it's capable of RAW, I suggest shooting in that, and pick up Adobe Lightroom for ~$100. It will take you far, b/c you can fix all sorts of lighting and color issues easily.

If you want feedback:
The composition of the Poison Ivy shot is particularly great. The Skull Kid full body photo could use a smaller aperture (increase the f-number) to increase the depth of field.

Luigi87

Very nice photos. What camera did you get? If it's capable of RAW, I suggest shooting in that, and pick up Adobe Lightroom for ~$100. It will take you far, b/c you can fix all sorts of lighting and color issues easily.

If you want feedback:
The composition of the Poison Ivy shot is particularly great. The Skull Kid full body photo could use a smaller aperture (increase the f-number) to increase the depth of field.

Sony Alpha a58 DSLR, and it is RAW capable so I will definitely try that! And thanks for the tip about Adobe Lightroom, I had never heard of that program before, tbh.

I absolutely appreciate getting the feedback. Will definitely help me in taking photos of other figures I have, and eventually ones that I may get in the future... Once something new piques my interest @_@ (seriously Lucina figma, where are you >_<)

darklin0

Banned

FINALLY! I have been waiting for that glue for almost two weeks. Took me an hour and 30 to fix, most of the time I spent staring at it because I did not want to mess up. 100% damage free, I was so worried that I would mess up the paint.

Arveene

Neo Member
So here I was excited that I found a spot to fit in another display cabinet. It wasn't until I took this picture that I realized my mistake...

X8HH3z9.jpg

I haven't added the shelves or door yet because I'm currently trying to figure out whether or not I really care about being able to reach the switch easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom