• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Hey, Chrono.... Since you have her ordered, too - Do you know if Range Murata's Muse from Alter is getting delayed? I'm assuming so because Alter, but I'd like to have her sooner rather than later.
There's been no news yet, but I would be very surprised if she meets whatever her next "scheduled" release date is. I know, nothing has been officially announced yet, but even when it does, expect to receive her 2+ months after whatever the release date is, probably even more. As you said, it IS Alter. :(

She looks incredible, though. Even if I had to wait a year for her, I bet she'll be worth it in the end.

Asuka [Senran Kagura] was supposed to be released in May, as well, but that was also delayed. Nothing concrete yet, but I expect the same will happen as with Range Murata and she'll be hit with another delay [or two] before I receive her. With Alter, it's best to expect at least 2-3 delays for any of their items. If they actually released it's a pleasant surprise, but if they're delayed [more likely] at least you're not as disappointed.

She looks incredible, though. Even if I had to wait a year for her, I bet she'll be worth it in the end.

She's supposed to be something around 26cm tall, which threw me off, because she looks kind of like a loli.

Asuka [Senran Kagura] was supposed to be released in May, as well, but that was also delayed. Nothing concrete yet, but I expect the same will happen as with Range Murata and she'll be hit with another delay [or two] before I receive her. With Alter, it's best to expect at least 2-3 delays for any of their items. If they actually released it's a pleasant surprise, but if they're delayed [more likely] at least you're not as disappointed.

Alter's Aty from Summon Night 3 was supposed to be released in January, and I just noticed while browsing HLJ earlier that she still hasn't come out. I forgot what it felt like to wait for an Alter release.

for those that are interested in mikasa since she is deal of the day on crunchroll

NOTE that CR does not promise fulfillment on preorders and on exclusives they have dicked over a lot of people with Maiko Madoka (who is also from GSC).

Word of warning if you plan to PO the DX version

for those that are interested in mikasa since she is deal of the day on crunchroll

NOTE that CR does not promise fulfillment on preorders and on exclusives they have dicked over a lot of people with Maiko Madoka (who is also from GSC).

Word of warning if you plan to PO the DX version

I'm still passing on Mikasa. I haven't even really been into the series since the plot stopped going anywhere.

OHGODOHGODOHGODOHGOD

Please tell me they fixed the shape of her face.... If they did, this will be amazing.
tumblr_n4yxmgHasW1qzdctco1_400.jpg

I will take the risk that Mikasa can be had for around $80 or so after release.

reg version maybe. DX version doubtful.

I mean even Tsukihi from GSC is hard to find and shes a lesser known character. The exclusive is stupid hard to find (and stupidly overpriced)

meijiko

Haruka Figma painted!!!! and apron, omg
BmqwQBvCUAA_Ea8.jpg:large

Man, I love Haru, but I don't think I would have much fun with this figma. His bare chest makes the seam lines so prominent. I do like that he comes with the fish, though, hah.

Definitely getting the scale figures, though. I know Alter said September, which is death month, but since it's Alter I can't be too scared as it will definitely come out Later.

javac

Man I saw these on /Toy/ earlier today. Man I'd love a SRC Big O and Giant Robo. Fuck, coupled with my SRC Gunbuster and Lagann that'd be the holy grail for me. I hope they come out one day :(

The new Berserk Figmas have been terrible. The first Gatsu and Griffith figures were of at least acceptable quality. After these last two, I'm pretty much done buying them.

I was never a fan of Figmas in general but their quality had been improving and the Nintendo branded ones in particular have been quite good.

Wut Berserker armor Guts was awesome.

Both of which may or may not cause permanent insanity. Or at least push me towards it.

The thing that took me some getting used to with figure collecting is that you need to get into the hobby neck-deep before you're able to discern what you can and can't live without, and thus curb the amount of money you spend monthly on figures. The initial novelty of figure collecting has to wear off before you can learn how to budget properly.

Kotobukiya with Saber:

Dat base!

Some better shots of Devil Homura... Face is looking better than the earlier prototype:

Support looks a bit iffy... hopefully she won't be a leaner.

If she from GSC? if so then no such thing as a leaner.

We have triumpant saber and that shit aint a leaner. Thats bigger and heavier than homura

Ryuuroden

Grrrrr, have to wait till may for signum now. So may is getting pretty full now for me. I think its up to four figures now. Ill have to check later

Man, I love Haru, but I don't think I would have much fun with this figma. His bare chest makes the seam lines so prominent. I do like that he comes with the fish, though, hah.

Definitely getting the scale figures, though. I know Alter said September, which is death month, but since it's Alter I can't be too scared as it will definitely come out Later.

I was afraid they would be september since I want Kise (kurobas) then too. But so far everything Alter Ive ordered received a two month delay, so Ill probably order both Haru and Makoto and Kise and just keep hoping Alter still delays.

george_us

The thing that took me some getting used to with figure collecting is that you need to get into the hobby neck-deep before you're able to discern what you can and can't live without, and thus curb the amount of money you spend monthly on figures. The initial novelty of figure collecting has to wear off before you can learn how to budget properly.
Most definitely. Samurai's a bit of a special case though since she was going for crazy prices long before I even got into this hobby. It's not like I was just being negligent, thank god.

She just arrived a half hour ago and I actually feel compelled to post shitty a shitty iPhone pic! Very happy with my purchase.

Torraz

Any news regarding Kill La Kill figures? Particularly of Satsuki?

I think I heard Phat were doing one? Any estimated release dates, or pre-order possibilities?

LiK

Finally opened up these two beauties. Bought them before I played the game because I liked their designs so I'm glad I splurged when they were rereleased. So happy they're the same scale too. Koto and Alter did a splendid job. I wish someone made Mayuri!

LiK

*High fives Lik*
Also got them too, really greatly made figures. Reminded me I gotta start the Steins Gate game but busy with other backlogs lol.

FUCK backlogs. Play the game now. It's pretty long. I was able to marathon it and get all endings because I was on vacation. Definitely worth it.

Ugh, every time ohnoraptors changers her tumblr layout it gets worse. I hate the dual columns she has going now.

I kinda like it. Doesn't look too bad. The dual-columns is slightly distracting, I mean, what if you scroll down and TWO awesome figures appear side-by-side, then you go cross-eyed forever because you can't decide which to focus on first! AAAHHHHHHH!

Grrrrr, have to wait till may for signum now. So may is getting pretty full now for me. I think its up to four figures now. Ill have to check later

My May isn't too bad, actually. I've got GSC's new Madoka, the Spider-Woman bishoujo, and Alter's Muse of Range Murata if it doesn't get delayed (it's getting delayed) and DC Direct's B&W Harley Quinn, but I ordered that from 'murica, because why would I import a domestic statue from Japan lol.

I'm pretty pumped for this fig

I remember seeing her a while back. What was she from again? And what makes her awesome?

YES THIS WHAT I WAS WAITING FOR!

Saber or Devil Homura? I'm assuming the latter, as she's the cuter of the two, but she's also the more evil of the two.

Any news regarding Kill La Kill figures? Particularly of Satsuki?

I think I heard Phat were doing one? Any estimated release dates, or pre-order possibilities?

None yet so far as I know. Phat's Satsuki is still unpainted, to I'd give it another month or two before you start worrying. Next we need a Goku Uniform Mako, no question.

I remember seeing her a while back. What was she from again? And what makes her awesome?
Prison School I believe and Erm *thinks* she's a sadistic girl...? Not sure about her appeal lol

Edit: Oh I know a sadistic girl who gets seen pissing by the protagonist and then she's hellbent on seeing him taking a piss and then something, something, protagonist plays genital chicken with her via plastic bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom