• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
i3i3KMtj1622n.png

So weak.

raven777

This was the starting point for me.

The first figure I bought was from Akihabara when I went to Japan, bought it as I thought I would never come to Akihabara again.

Then I saw this, and preordered a figure for the first time in the internet.

And after that I have been clicking preorder after preorder...and even started to buy used figures...

I really need to stop but I just can't!!! My mouse is hovering around EX-Alleyne preorder page.

Then I saw this, and preordered a figure for the first time in the internet.

And after that I have been clicking preorder after preorder...and even started to buy used figures...

I've said it before, as a public service, Amiami and others need to start taking cash up front.

So I finally got my Casca (from Berserk), and sweet christ I'm disappointed.

Even down to the boxart, it feels like a barebone sloppy job and it pains me because it'll probably be the only Casca figure that'll ever be made. No idea if I should hold onto it or not.

The new Berserk Figmas have been terrible. The first Gatsu and Griffith figures were of at least acceptable quality. After these last two, I'm pretty much done buying them.

I was never a fan of Figmas in general but their quality had been improving and the Nintendo branded ones in particular have been quite good.

Bombless

anyone have any experience with this site? They tweeted the link to me and it looks legit but I dont even know if US residents can buy from it.
http://www.shin-sekai.fr/

"Aucune livraison ne sera effectuée à l’étranger, seules les livraisons en France métropolitaine, en Suisse et dans l’union Européenne sont acceptées par l’auto-entrepreneur Billel KENDEL."

They only deliver in the EU and Switzerland.

cajunator

Banned
"Aucune livraison ne sera effectuée à l’étranger, seules les livraisons en France métropolitaine, en Suisse et dans l’union Européenne sont acceptées par l’auto-entrepreneur Billel KENDEL."

They only deliver in the EU and Switzerland.

Ok. I figured as such but just wanted to make sure.

cajunator

Banned

I second this so hard. One of my favorites. She looks stunning.

Just done writing to AmiAmi. Since it will be Golden Week holiday from tomorrow for AmiAmi, guess I'll have to wait for a while for their reply.

I know my dad even say why the figurine is slowly dropping lol.

For now, I took her off the base and keeping it in the box. Sad that Alter actually overlook such problem. Not only is the base is uneven, I wonder why they can't make the support joint for the left foot bigger and deeper so it can handle her weight.

Pics of the uneven base:

While I love the pose, the one leg standing is pretty tough to stand on its own already with the small joint support.

Hmmm. This is highly unusual for Alter. Typically you get extremely good quality from Alter. wonder if this was stored in a warehouse in the heat for a while?
My Alter Kanna for example is flawless. Just a gorgeous sculpt and paint.

chrono01

Those of you who have the original, how is the quality of Alleyne? Does it look the same as the sample images?
As always quality control varies from figure-to-figure, but as a whole, Orchid Seed are generally great with that.

On the subject of Alleyne, yes...she's perfect.

Between Arshes, the new Alleyne and Echidna, I'm going to have a chocolate elf shelf soon enough.
You need a Sansai Muramasa figure too [preferably the one from Max Factory].

Settin

As always quality control varies from figure-to-figure, but as a whole, Orchid Seed are generally great with that.

On the subject of Alleyne, yes...she's perfect.

You need a Sansai Muramasa figure too [preferably the one from Max Factory].
I would already own her if she weren't so expensive. Maybe I'll grab that one from wing if the quality is good.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Now every time you visit amazon to buy some toilet paper, they going to recommend you a bunch of figure you can't resist.

I think I going to start buy figure from amazon more, the 3% from the amazon credit card, faster shipping, and no surprise shipping cost.

chrono01

I would already own her if she weren't so expensive. Maybe I'll grab that one from wing if the quality is good.
Yeah, that one looks fine, although obviously not as nice as the one from MF. You could also wait for the Swimsuit Ver. from Amakuni. The sculpt already looks amazing, and would look nice standing alongside Alleyne. She will be an exclusive, but that will not stop me.

johnsmith

remember me
Arrival at wholesale stores on the 19th May 2014:
Good Smile Company - Hatsune Miku: Deep Sea Girl ver.
Max Factory - Sheryl Nome
Penguin Parade - Cecilia Alcott: Swimsuit Ver.

Settin

Yeah, that one looks fine, although obviously not as nice as the one from MF. You could also wait for the Swimsuit Ver. from Amakuni. The sculpt already looks amazing, and would look nice standing alongside Alleyne. She will be an exclusive, but that will not stop me.

I'm throwing money at my tablet, but nothing happens. I'll have to keep an eye on her.

I'm throwing money at my tablet, but nothing happens. I'll have to keep an eye on her.

I don't know. I almost bought the MF one a few times in the past, but stopped short of pulling the trigger. I think what bothers me is that the face has this look like it's just painted on. And while I would usually agree to go MF over Wing.... Dear lord, dat ass.... The Wing version is cast-off, and.... dat hometown.... Amazing.

Settin

I don't know. I almost bought the MF one a few times in the past, but stopped short of pulling the trigger. I think what bothers me is that the face has this look like it's just painted on. And while I would usually agree to go MF over Wing.... Dear lord, dat ass.... The Wing version is cast-off, and.... dat hometown.... Amazing.

I generally can't turn down any good dark skinned figure. I own the megahouse irma even though her character is astonishly boring in the show. It's why I like Arshes so much. She's proof that there doesn't need to be a life/hometown debate, both is the correct answer. It hurts me so deep that figures like that are so unusual.

chrono01

Really? One of my favorite things about the MF version is her face. I love it.

As for the cast-off options, Wing definitely wins in that field, although the version from Amakuni will also be cast-off. The only way to truly win is to purchase all three.

That will likely be me. ;_;

I generally can't turn down any good dark skinned figure. I own the megahouse irma even though her character is astonishly boring in the show. It's why I like Arshes so much. She's proof that there doesn't need to be a life/hometown debate, both is the correct answer. It hurts me so deep that figures like that are so unusual.
Seeing how far Irma's price dropped is depressing. I don't regret the purchase, though.

Settin

Who is she? I only got about 8 episodes into Queen's Blade on account of it being one of the most awful things I've ever tried to watch.

She's an assassin of the fang that was trained by Echidna. None of the plot of QB really matters outside bouncing breasts and ass.
I mean,the whole show is a farce because
Leina wins but doesn't take the crown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom