• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateDog

My Kotobukiya Metal Gear RAY finally shipped today, I didn't think I'd have the money for it when AmiAmi charged me but it came to €73 or so and I had €73.50, talk about lucky. Doubt I'll have the money for the black REX but we'll see. So much other stuff I want to get from Nin-Nin right now but I just can't afford it. But the Revoltech Mini Solid Snake looks so damn cool for its price.

KAIYODO_REVOLTECH_MINI_4_INCH_METAL_GEAR_SOLID_SNAKE_05.jpg

Sooo want.

chrono01

You seem to say that about a lot of things.
My wallet seems to think so.

Also, I received Suzuki Margit today via N-Y. She was shipped SAL Registered on the 5th, and I received her on the 7th. That's two days to arrive in Canada from Japan. I'm not sure how or why it happened, but that was faster than an EMS shipment. I'm pretty surprised.

Goddam. I wish there was a Rosalina figure...

From the Mario Galaxy games? Nintendo figures are pretty uncommon, unfortunately. I'd buy a Rosalina, though.

Also, I received Suzuki Margit today via N-Y. She was shipped SAL Registered on the 5th, and I received her on the 7th. That's two days to arrive in Canada from Japan. I'm not sure how or why it happened, but that was faster than an EMS shipment. I'm pretty surprised.

Another Native figure? You're such a perv, Chrono-kun.

From the Mario Galaxy games? Nintendo figures are pretty uncommon, unfortunately. I'd buy a Rosalina, though.

Yep
Rosalina from Mario? Yeah she hot. I've never seen this before, apparently it's concept art for Rosalina.
A figure like this would be awesome.
drools.
That bottom photo is exactly as I imagine one. Goddam.

I also have a strange inclination to collect Bleaxh figures now....

javac

Yeah I'd buy a figure like that in an instant. Rosalina is soo classy. A good figure of her would be amazing. Or...Orchid Seed can do another princess if they'd like ;p

chrono01

But it's art! /that'smyreasoning

I would buy a Rosalina figure, as well. Hell, I'd buy a scaled figure of any of the Mario characters. I know it will likely never happen. The closest we'll get is probably that S.H Figuarts of Mario, or the Luigi/Link Nendoroid. I know we got a scaled figure of Samus [which was a rarity], and of course there's Tharja/Cordelia, but I'd really like to see more Nintendo characters get the scaled treatment.

javac

But it's art! /that'smyreasoning

I would buy a Rosalina figure, as well. Hell, I'd buy a scaled figure of any of the Mario characters. I know it will likely never happen. The closest we'll get is probably that S.H Figuarts of Mario, or the Luigi/Link Nendoroid. I know we got a scaled figure of Samus [which was a rarity], and of course there's Tharja/Cordelia, but I'd really like to see more Nintendo characters get the scaled treatment.

You know what we need? Figures of Pokemon trainers. Give.Them.To.Me.

Luigi87

More practice toying (not a pun...) with my camera. I also took some in RAW (along with some figures of my S.H. Figurearts Green Ranger), but... I don't have the $$$ to cough up for Adobe Lightroom at the moment... I also took one angled shot of Huntress that I really liked, but when I put it on my computer, I realized that I completely effed up the focus >_<

I like how I got the last image there lighted, but her eyes became completely washed out...

Edit: Oh one more

Red would be fucking sweet and I love N, but even trainers like Sabrina. This shit would be hot, come on admit it. I'd buy this shit.

In terms of gym leaders or the Elite 4, I would like to see 4th gen Misty, Blue, Clair, Norman, Skyla, Drake, Grimsley, Drasna, Lance, Steven, Cynthia, and Champion Iris.

Hey, a man can dream right?

javac

In terms of gym leaders or the Elite 4, I would like to see 4th gen Misty, Blue, Clair, Norman, Skyla, Drake, Grimsley, Drasna, Lance, Steven, Cynthia, and Champion Iris.
Hey, a man can dream right?

Nice choices! 3D printers man, the future. No more dreams, only printing now.

I like how I got the last image there lighted, but her eyes became completely washed out...

Really nice pics! Love the backdrop and everything (not crumpled this time :p). Very professional looking. Don't be so modest, your pics look like promo shots. I'm sure many on GAF are photographers and know more and can give hints to improve on here and there but I think they look great. Keep it up :)

chrono01

11k retail so about 9k normally. Might gettttt
This is just going to tempt me to purchase Kongou too.

Must resist!

[She's a much better price, though. If Kongou were priced as this, I would purchase both without a second thought. Kongou, though, is just outside my realm of cost for a figure like that, especially one that's standard and a 1/8 scale no-less.]

Josephl64

Lorelei, Lt. Surge, Misty, Erika, Sabrina, Blaine, Giovanni, Red, Blue, Jasmine, Claire, Lance, and Karen...I need all their figures

chrono01

Haha, just as I mention scaled figures of Nintendo characters, Nintendo announces a NFP [Nintendo Figurine Platform] game for the Wii U.

Collect Nintendo figures, scan them, use them in-game. I just hope they're decent quality.

My wallet. ;_;

Luigi87

Haha, just as I mention scaled figures of Nintendo characters, Nintendo announces a NFP [Nintendo Figurine Platform] game for the Wii U.

Collect Nintendo figures, scan them, use them in-game. I just hope they're decent quality.

My wallet. ;_;

Oh my god, is Nintendo jumping into the Skylanders arena, too?

...wut
*goes to Gaming*
Oh god no... NO... I've resisted Skylanders... I've resisted Disney... But... Nintendo...

Luigi87

It makes sense, though. Skylanders and Infinity are like licenses to print money. Nintendo is going to make a zillion dollars on this.

It does make sense, and it's something that has been suspected since it was revealed that the GamePad could scan, but... My money... it's MY money ;_;

Though, I suppose it was bound to happen eventually
t85gb.gif

Giolon

More practice toying (not a pun...) with my camera. I also took some in RAW (along with some figures of my S.H. Figurearts Green Ranger), but... I don't have the $$$ to cough up for Adobe Lightroom at the moment... I also took one angled shot of Huntress that I really liked, but when I put it on my computer, I realized that I completely effed up the focus >_<

You can get a 30-day free trial of Lightroom download from Adobe.

What you're seeing on that last photo on her eyes are the "highlights" or specular reflecting off the material at that given angle. It's one of the things you can enhance or reduce (sometimes removing it completely) w/ RAW and photo processing software like Lightroom.

Also, most Cameras have the ability to take RAW + JPG simultaneously. You may want to do that for now, and then when you pick up Lightroom you'll be able to go back to the RAW files and have the full editing power.

Luigi87

You can get a 30-day free trial of Lightroom download from Adobe.

What you're seeing on that last photo on her eyes are the "highlights" or specular reflecting off the material at that given angle. It's one of the things you can enhance or reduce (sometimes removing it completely) w/ RAW and photo processing software like Lightroom.

Also, most Cameras have the ability to take RAW + JPG simultaneously. You may want to do that for now, and then when you pick up Lightroom you'll be able to go back to the RAW files and have the full editing power.

Ahh, thanks. I'll set my camera to write both file types then for the time being.
And that is good to know about the specular lighting reflected from that angle. I hadn't even considered something like that occurring.

That Alisa is pretty cute, but I tend to shy away from swimsuit figures most of the time. MegaHouse Villetta Nu Cafe Ver. was the exception because that's the only really good version of her out there.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
^;KAJSHJSDBALK;A

Ordered so hard. Didn't think it would be up so soon

Edit: I think I want two of them

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Alisa is mai waifu. I am buying all her figures :x

I had to cancel the first Alphamax one for reasons, so I hope I can get it down the line.

Edit: Screw it. Ordered two. One will have the jacket and hat on and other will be swimsuit only. October is far away enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom