• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
20140506_181207.jpg

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, Scanty 1/8 scale from Alter..

1 down, 3 to go.

javac

Yeah that's a fantastic price, go for it.

Yeah I went for it. I got Stocking Alter for 4.3k and Panty Nendoroid for 1.5k on top of that. I've got some more lined up for tomorrow including Rei 1/6 Kotobukiya and Misato 1/6 kotobukiya. Finally getting everything I wanted in quick succession.

george_us

Yeah I went for it. I got Stocking Alter for 4.3k and Panty Nendoroid for 1.5k on top of that. I've got some more lined up for tomorrow including Rei 1/6 Kotobukiya and Misato 1/6 kotobukiya. Finally getting everything I wanted in quick succession.
Nice. You definitely won't regret it.

LiK

All your favorite historical figures are now moe moe girls. And you take over the world with them, etc, etc, but I assume most people stopped caring after the first sentence.

This was just announced for localization yesterday so now I'm interested. I like the art.

The logical evolution of this thread.

Does anyone here have any BJDs? I keep seeing pictures of them pop up on other places and I kind of want to purchase one. Seems like a really big investment though.

You should check out Korean BJD sites. They're beautiful and much more affordable than Japanese makers. I bought one years ago. It's more of a baby-type and I was gonna use it as my mascot for my now really dead toy review site. Really great quality.

Arveene

Neo Member
This was just announced for localization yesterday so now I'm interested. I like the art.

You should check out Korean BJD sites. They're beautiful and much more affordable than Japanese makers. I bought one years ago. It's more of a baby-type and I was gonna use it as my mascot for my now really dead toy review site. Really great quality.

I might do that later this year. Also, Oyari Ashito has some great art. I definitely regret not picking up the Eiyuu Senki artbook.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'd love to get a nice, big BJD one day. Maybe when I win the lottery.

I've also been eyeing the Mirai smart doll, but that's gonna be a lot of yencoins.

Bombless

Amazing. Literally will buy no matter what. The face looks a liiiiiittle too sleepy for my tastes, but we'll see how the sculpt is.

Art by Nishimura Kinu and the sculptor who did Max Factory's Mai Shiranui.

I was mildly interested but now it has my full attention.

So I bought a Revoltech No.27 Eva Unit 2, which just so happened to be my first figure as well, and it arrived today! The only issue I had with the whole process was that when I tried switching the hands on the right arm, the tiny red log piece was still stuck to said hand and was ripped off the arm. Do you guys prefer a certain type of glue or alternative in these situations? I can still place that hand back in its original position on the arm, but any sort of force or hanging position will quickly make it fall off, so I'd like to remedy the situation at some point.

I knew I should have bought a regular figurine or nendo instead.

RocBase

Considering how popular Morrigan seems to be I am surprised theres so few figures of her(that I know of, at least).

I've literally always wondered the same thing myself.

I-I can't help but feel paranoid that I indirectly curse all the vg women that I love, as despite some of them being popular or having cool looking designs there's...barely any shit made or no shit at all.

BadWolf

Amazing. Literally will buy no matter what. The face looks a liiiiiittle too sleepy for my tastes, but we'll see how the sculpt is.

Art by Nishimura Kinu and the sculptor who did Max Factory's Mai Shiranui/Morrigan.

This is very relevant to my interests.

The hair in the drawing makes it look like she will be lying down.

Fairly certain that's the pose. The drawing is new. Not quite sure how she'd be oriented, and sculptors will oftentimes take liberties with it.

Hm. Have to see what she looks like, and who's actually doing the manufacturing. But if it looks good I'll probably pick her up. Looks like she's another release for September's death month.

kewlmyc

Hm. Have to see what she looks like, and who's actually doing the manufacturing. But if it looks good I'll probably pick her up. Looks like she's another release for September's death month.

Feels weird announcing a figure for September yet there's no prototype or anything.

Josephl64

hope Phat later does a Chihaya too, sad that the best ones she has is a MegaHouse and a Beach Queens(not that they're bad, I just want more)

kewlmyc

Love their Senran Kagura and Bayo figures. I like them.

It was mostly a joke from me, but they are pretty hit and miss. I am looking forward to their Kyoko figure, but their Ryuuko figure has a pretty lousy paint job.

At least they aren't Griffon.

LiK

It was mostly a joke from me, but they are pretty hit and miss. I am looking forward to their Kyoko figure, but their Ryuuko figure has a pretty lousy paint job.

At least they aren't Griffon.

Hehe, I only own one Griffion resin statue from them like 10 years ago and it's pretty nice. Funny how thier quality has gone downhill. My main problem is that it's not a figure I wanna display now. Might resell it.

Josephl64

I have a strong affinity for Phat! company then again all I have is their Katsuragi and that Metallica bonus figurine. Loved the Katsuragi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom