• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisa is mai waifu. I am buying all her figures :x

I had to cancel the first Alphamax one for reasons, so I hope I can get it down the line.

Edit: Screw it. Ordered two. One will have the jacket and hat on and other will be swimsuit only. October is far away enough.

what

pooptest

GOT EATERZ!!!!!

Such a nice piece. Even though the two recent PLUM figures didn't strike my fancy for the asking prices, I may end up grabbing this one. GSC can do no wrong.

When will this be available for pre-order?

So far, I have all the GE figures in-hand/pre-ordered. Too many Alisa's coming out soon and I think I'm missing 1 to pre-order. I can't even keep track of the ones coming out. Like 5 plus a Nendoroid.

pooptest

Giolon

Huh? HLJ had her for order when I was looking through their site last week.

.....and they still do, it seems.

Eh, I don't normally shop there. Their prices generally aren't great unless they have a big sale going on.

Maybe I should start looking there as a back up.

meijiko

Sometimes I get the feeling that it's been a while, and then I check my MFC activity and see that I ordered stuff less than two weeks ago, lol.

I would be so much better off financially if I'd never seen Attack on Titan, though.

raven777

Alter's Mave reprint is kinda tempting, even though I am not really fan of Yukikaze. I just love the design.

mave.jpg

LiK

Junko payment sent. Thanks for the heads up johnsmith. My first Mandarake purchase. They make it pretty easy and that scares me.

We're nearing the end of the One Piece Alabasta arc and the wife is crushing pretty hard on Smoker, so he's the next PoP figure coming in.

5165.jpg

Is there a figure of Robin wearing her outfit from this arc?

So I bought a bunch of figures over the last 2 or so days. Just thought that I'd reflect on them. I wonder how I've done :)

Rei - 1/6 (Kotobukiya) 3k

Panty Anarchy - Nendoroid 1.5k

Stocking Anarchy - 1/8 (Alter) 4k

Samus Aran - 1/8 - Zero Suit ver. 4.8k

My collection is growing fast. Now where do I put these...

A fine start. Get some detolfs + lights.

javac

A fine start. Get some detolfs + lights.

Haha unfortunately this isn't the start and it's certainly not the end :(

I'll be honest, I don't really like detolfs and the likes. I like having my figures more...free and out in the open you know? I don't find pleasure putting them in this glass sarcophagus. Most people who buy figures display them this way. That's fine. It just looks too much like a museum to me. No Touching! You do get some good, classy set-ups at times tho (looking at you johnsmith you classy guy).

I like having them on my desk, prodding and looking at them, moving them about etc. Problem is space. I'm thinking of getting something like this but more sectioned off and square if you get me? So I'll have my figures and then the corresponding Blu-ray/DVD/Manga next to them. So my eva figures for example lined up and then my Eva Blu-rays and DVDs next to them. My Gunbuster and then my Gunbuster DVDs and Blu-rays etc. That could look nice :)
(I can't find a good example but the one below is good enough for a rough idea I guess).

a plus people might not realize is that the detolfs do keep the dust away. I've had mine for a few months now and haven't had to dust the figs yet. the ones on my computer desk however, quite overdue

javac

Ah true. I don't mind dusting them off tho so that's not an issue for me. Nobody comes to visit me anyways so I don't really need them to be pristine all the time T_T

javac

That looks pretty nice. Where'd you find it?

That display cabinet? It's just some random one I found on Google images as an example :( I'm in the market for one similar so if I find a good one I'll let ya know :) Ikea always seems like the best bet right?

Toki767

The only reason why I keep my figures in a case is because of dust. If such a thing didn't exist, they'd probably be all over my desk.

We're nearing the end of the One Piece Alabasta arc and the wife is crushing pretty hard on Smoker, so he's the next PoP figure coming in.

5165.jpg

Is there a figure of Robin wearing her outfit from this arc?
There are but you'll gonna have to search hard, almost anything P.O.P side is now focused on post time-skip =/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've had two AmiAmi tabs open for the past 10 days. Maybe more. To be fair, I do have three figures on order and I just had a holiday where I bought a few figures so I'm questioning whether I really need these.

Hah, I like how they still don't know what to do with their "Bishounen" category. Why is it all the way down there?

Well they got rid of it in the new products section for some weird reason and now I guess they brought it back?

I dunno, I always just found searching or checking new products is all I really should be checking on on AmiAmi.

chrono01

Griffon = Easy Pass

I know, they might do some decent figures but generally, they're awful. The only Griffon figure I own is of Sonsaku Hakufu, and that was purchased when I just got into the hobby and didn't know better. It's not a "bad" figure, but I don't make any further purchases from them. Given how broad this hobby is, there's little reason to.

Also, Nimue has a release date [May 19th]! Here's hoping Square-Enix comes through with the quality control...

meijiko

Also, Nimue has a release date [May 19th]! Here's hoping Square-Enix comes through with the quality control...

Crossing my fingers... I've been pretty excited to receive her, mostly because she's a complete unknown as far as how good she'll turn out. I hope Metallica is good, too, because I don't know that I'll be buying any more witches for a while. Levi has kind of taken over my collection, now.

I've had two AmiAmi tabs open for the past 10 days. Maybe more. To be fair, I do have three figures on order and I just had a holiday where I bought a few figures so I'm questioning whether I really need these.

I've cut down drastically, myself. It's kind of surprising how many figures you can live without.

chrono01

Crossing my fingers... I've been pretty excited to receive her, mostly because she's a complete unknown as far as how good she'll turn out. I hope Metallica is good, too, because I don't know that I'll be buying any more witches for a while. Levi has kind of taken over my collection, now.
Same here.

Witches, in general, don't get a lot of figure exposure [which is strange], so I'm really hopeful that both Nimue and Metallia turn out well. Here's hoping!

NateDog

(I can't find a good example but the one below is good enough for a rough idea I guess).

That looks almost perfect for what I'm looking for. My CDs are taking up a lot of extra space but my figures are crammed into my wardrobe shelf currently because I can't really put them out in a low area when my niece is around and they keep picking up a ton of dust. I've seen some cabinets with glass doors cheap second-hand but with no car it's unlikely I'll be able to get one and bring it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom