• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayhawk

Any One Piece collectors prefer the Figuarts poses/styles than the P.O.P? Moria, Perona and the upcoming battle versions for the Admirals are great.

The Figuarts poses are nice, but the size of Figuarts are a lot smaller than P.O.P figures. I like things to be at least 1/8 scale usually.

The Figuarts poses are nice, but the size of Figuarts are a lot smaller than P.O.P figures. I like things to be at least 1/8 scale usually.
Yeah I could see. Its like that for me with American figures, the 3 and a bit inches as opposed to the six to seven inches. Can't stand the tiny ones.

Sabo will be here tomorrow!!! My first P.O.P, is somehow arriving from Japan jn a three day journey.

johnsmith

remember me
Finally nice and cleaned up. Maybe tomorrow I'll finally start putting figures up, or maybe I'll wait until the risers I ordered show up.

hBWaSv4.jpg

Roubjon

Guys, I'm pre-ordering the Raiden and Snake re-release revoltechs from AmiAmi, but I've never ordered from them before. What do you guys recommend for shipping options? I don't really need them super fast or anything like that.

For some reason I feel like this is the beginning of the end for me.

Guys, I'm pre-ordering the Raiden and Snake re-release revoltechs from AmiAmi, but I've never ordered from them before. What do you guys recommend for shipping options? I don't really need them super fast or anything like that.

I've never had a problem with SAL Unregistered. It's always the cheapest.

Aytrial

I go with SAL Registered as packages always seem to arrive within 14 days when I select it. SAL Unregistered can sometimes take 3 to 4 weeks. I know it's dependent a variety of factors, but that's the pattern for me.

I actually passed on her re-release because I'm OCD about sets. I'd have to collect the rest of the cast if I got into this. :x

Then again, I have no orders for this month...

1362746412883.gif

Honestly I like most of the Hyakka figs. I'm missing the exclusives + sena but I don't like sena so i'll pass.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/156667
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/96896
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/12045

are all on PO. Both naoe will come at the end of this month.

o and I have this
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/84620 its a bit eechi but I like the character for some reason. The sword, hair color, hair design and all.

chrono01

I actually passed on her re-release because I'm OCD about sets. I'd have to collect the rest of the cast if I got into this. :x

Then again, I have no orders for this month...

1362746412883.gif
Well what better way to start than Yagyu Jubei!?

Once you have her in your collection you will feel compelled to purchase every one of the Samurai Girls. Every. Single. One. Your wallet/purse will not rest until it achieves this purpose!

Actually, now is a good time to start [with Yagyu Jubei and Naoe Kanetsugu being re-released] and Yagyu Gisen being widely available. That will be three out of the way, then you just have to focus on Tokugawa Sen [and the exclusives...have fun with that!].

Honestly, I'm happy just owning the three I mentioned prior, although I do have Yagyu Jubei - Hakugin no Kenki Ver. on pre-order.

Once you have her in your collection you will feel compelled to purchase every one of the Samurai Girls. Every. Single. One. Your wallet/purse will not rest until it achieves this purpose!

Actually, now is a good time to start [with Yagyu Jubei and Naoe Kanetsugu being re-released] and Yagyu Gisen being widely available. That will be three out of the way, then you just have to focus on Tokugawa Sen [and the exclusives...have fun with that!].

Honestly, I'm happy just owning the three I mentioned prior, although I do have Yagyu Jubei - Hakugin no Kenki Ver. on pre-order.

The exclusives are nice but not 15k nice. If they were like 10k then I would think about it.

Aytrial

Honestly I like most of the Hyakka figs. I'm missing the exclusives + sena but I don't like sena so i'll pass.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/156667
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/96896
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/12045

are all on PO. Both naoe will come at the end of this month.

o and I have this
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/84620 its a bit eechi but I like the character for some reason. The sword, hair color, hair design and all.

You're both terrible people and I hope you both go bankrupt. Despite tempting me, I shall resist for now.

You're both terrible people and I hope you both go bankrupt. Despite tempting me, I shall resist for now.

I'm not terrible. I just really like the hyakka design. =(

(some) QB and Hyakka somehow have this pull on me. I really like Irma, Alleyne, Jubei, and Gisen.

Jube3

I'm really happy with this figure, I wish it came with a trigger hand for left and right. He comes with a gun but it only goes on his right hand which is also the cube hand. Oh well. gah now I really want to grab First Avenger cap even though I know I'll be picking up Winter Soldier cap -_-

9559021031_b6802ffd07_z.jpg

9559351807_31b555f039_z.jpg

Toki767

I hate how some pictures on Mandarake just show the box and the box gives a poor indication of what the figure even looks like.

sky

Got these two setup now. They're nice enough, like most figmas.
Again I can't get the feet to pose nicely, since they ankles don't move sideways... so you really can't match the promo poses 100% :/.

In hindsight I didn't really need Kirito, he's a little bit dull, but I thought it would be nicer to have the pair. Asuna has a nice look to her.

I think I'm done with figmas for a little while, though. Like I've mentioned before, it's a shame that I end up just using one or two accessories, and then tossing the rest in the box for eternity. Feels a bit wasteful.

LiK

Finally took Velvet out of the box for display.

Dragon's who? :p

For real though, awesome figure. If only the sculptor(Bubba) had more of his work put out in PVC.

Yea, excellent figure. Wish she was in scale with the Alter ones but that would make her too small. Loved that they allow you to pose her in her undies. XD

Yea, excellent figure. Wish she was in scale with the Alter ones but that would make her too small. Loved that they allow you to pose her in her undies. XD

Alter do love 1/8 don't they?

I only just noticed the underwear thing when I unboxed her and the skirt moved. I'll keep those pics to myself though :p

Anony

I cant wait to have no clue how to play idolmaster 2 and just press random buttons

random cheap figs I found

Gintama one is huge, I didnt realize it was so big

left 2 yami and momo are draw prizes that I won, only 700 yen each, I saw the yami one being sold for 60$
the chibi lala and momo were also draw prizes, but low tier winnables
the mea and yami in school uniforms were bought on the street vendors in akiba on the weekends, only 1000 and 1200 yen
the yui fig is a cast off into swimsuit

also the street vendors, got it for 4000 yen for all 3, pretty good find considering individual ones are anywhere from 1500 to 2500 yen

more love live stuff
prizes I won at a crane game, basically, i can never use these tshirts in public and the pillow is staying in the closet forever
the 2 shirts only cost 1500 yen and the pillow 2000 or 1500 yen (500 yen gives 6 tries)

most expensive one I bought, 125 from manadrake, used ;_;
it is too beautiful too pass up, had to get it

got zeta at manadrake for 2100 yen, the rx one at gundam front which is one of the many exclusive gunplas only sold there
the unicorn glass has silhouettes of the suits in unicorn, only 150 yen at mandarake

white gamecube controllers I found at sofmap for 1800 yen, also saw it at super potato for 2100+ yen
taiko drum sticks for wii, the actual drum I shipped from japan to myself, so maybe i'll get it soon

misc/random stuff I bought
the mikan card is a sticker I put on my passmo card
the k-on thing is a keychain of a tape which is an official item at the kyoani store in kyoto which i went to

Bombless

The one reason I'm scared of going to Japan. Blowing all my cash in "stuff I don't have enough room to bring back with me anyway" stuff.

Nice loot though!

Jayhawk

How did you manage to fit all that with your luggage?!?! I had a hard enough time trying to bring my loot back from San Diego Comic-Con. I am afraid of how I would manage to bring stuff back from Japan.

Got that Gintama figure, it's big but oh so good for the price you can get it at, if you're lucky.

Also I hate getting packages from Playmoya ='( got custom stung for the Play Arts Spike Spiegel, whilst the G.E.M. Kotetsu from eBay didn't...sigh I hate custom charge.

And the Play Arts Kai =O, a male face that doesn't have DAT Play Arts quality XD...will still get Vicious when it's as cheap as Spike though lol.

Jayhawk

I wouldn't mind getting that POP figure at that price if I wasn't forced to pick EMS, and it seems like I am forced to pick EMS. :(

The figure goes for around 4000 yen on mandarake.

Sabo is here!!! He got to Texas in three days via DHL. Wow. And his box was supposed to be damaged.....its not.

So with these figures, do you pretty much have to preorder to get them readily available?

cajunator

Banned
Finally nice and cleaned up. Maybe tomorrow I'll finally start putting figures up, or maybe I'll wait until the risers I ordered show up.

hBWaSv4.jpg

Thats a pretty swag setup.

I kind of need some of these in my curio. SOme of the characters have lots of parts that stick out or long hair and should be raised up out of the way a bit.

johnsmith

remember me
So with these figures, do you pretty much have to preorder to get them readily available?

It depends. Sometimes preorders will sell out and the price in the aftermarket will rise immediately, sometimes it takes months until they get discounted to 50% or more. It just depends on the series, the maker, and the final quality of the figure.

My advice is that if you really want something, go ahead and preorder it. But if you're on the fence and don't really know if you want it, then hold off and hope it goes on sale.

For example, 7th Dragon Miku WILL sell out, based on the past figures of the series selling out, all are made by Max Factory and sculpted by Shining Wizard, and the popularity of Miku. Samurai from the same series basically tripled in price within a couple of months.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-001477

The Megahouse Devil Survivor figures? Those will end up in the bargain bin, just because they aren't that impressive, and Megahouse figures often end up on sale anyway. The anime wasn't particularly popular either.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-000839

If there's something you have questions about you can ask us, and somebody will have a good idea on the likelihood of it selling out.

My advice is that if you really want something, go ahead and preorder it. But if you're on the fence and don't really know if you want it, then hold off and hope it goes on sale.

It's also worth mentioning that if you aren't sure about a figure you may want, HLJ is also a viable option in most cases, since they only charge a few dollars more and offer the option to cancel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom