• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
This is kind of cool

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-KAI-5816
(Pre-owned ITEM:A-/BOX:B)Women Of Marvel - Comiquette: Savage She-Hulk
48%OFF13,480 JPY

FIG-KAI-5816_01.jpg

This too
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-KAI-2465
(Pre-owned ITEM:A- / BOX:B)Animated Ladies - Dragon’s Lair - Statue: Princess Daphne
68%OFF8,980 JPY
FIG-KAI-2465_01.jpg

gokieks

Oh god, someone talk me out of spending $300 (give or take, shipped) on this. It's a figure that I've longed for for as long as I can remember (don't actually have any attachment to the character or series, but I'm a sucker for that dress) but... $300. D:

Oh god, someone talk me out of spending $300 (give or take, shipped) on this. It's a figure that I've longed for for as long as I can remember (don't actually have any attachment to the character or series, but I'm a sucker for that dress) but... $300. D:

4K yen cheaper, but looks like plastic insert only: http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1151405.html

Asuza isn't one of the best iM@S characters, but it's a nice figure so buy now, regret never if you want it :p

gokieks

4K yen cheaper, but looks like plastic insert only: http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1151405.html

Asuza isn't one of the best iM@S characters, but it's a nice figure so buy now, regret never if you want it :p

Hmm, I think when it's that expensive, I'd rather pay the extra for a boxed and unopened version.

And yeah, I have absolutely no attachment to either Azusa or iD@LMASTER (never played/watched/read any of it), but I absolutely adore that figure (the dress! the pose! the adorable dog!) and have wanted it for at least 4 or 5 years now.

Sigh, who am I kidding. I'm buying it.

Hmm, I think when it's that expensive, I'd rather pay the extra for a boxed and unopened version.

And yeah, I have absolutely no attachment to either Azusa or iD@LMASTER (never played/watched/read any of it), but I absolutely adore that figure (the dress! the pose! the adorable dog!) and have wanted it for at least 4 or 5 years now.

Sigh, who am I kidding. I'm buying it.

I'd go boxed if I was spending that much too, just linked it in case. I'm happy to pay more for things at the top of my wanted list. Luckily I have most of them now.

Anyway she's sold now. Congrats if that was you!

gokieks

Yeah, it was me. This will make it about $650 that I'll have spent at Mandarake within the last 2 weeks. On the bright (?) side, at this point, thanks to FiginStock I'm starting to run out of old/rare figures that I really want.

sky

7th Dragon 2020 Samurai briefly popped up on amiami this morning... for 21280 jpy..... fuuuuuu T_T. Damn I should have bought her the first time.

Jayhawk

Yeah, it was me. This will make it about $650 that I'll have spent at Mandarake within the last 2 weeks. On the bright (?) side, at this point, thanks to FiginStock I'm starting to run out of old/rare figures that I really want.

I've pretty much spent the same amount, if not more, on Mandarake the past couple of weeks. It does feel nice to get figures from my wanted list though.

chrono01

7th Dragon 2020 Samurai briefly popped up on amiami this morning... for 21280 jpy..... fuuuuuu T_T. Damn I should have bought her the first time.
Yeah, Samurai's value really has sky-rocketed since her release. She really is a unique figure in my collection, I hope you can manage to secure one for yourself! Given that it's Max Factory she'll likely never get a re-release, though, so you're only real chance is the aftermarket. Add to this the fact that she only get more expensive as each day passes... :(

Even still, don't give up!

On the subject of figures, my Sailing Again Franky arrived today and HE'S MASSIVE! I didn't expect his box to out-size Gecko Moria and Princess Shirahoshi but it did. He's comparable to Ultimate Madoka! It's kind of funny how the previous "large" size boxes don't even look big anymore. Way back when I received Saber with Motored Cuirasseiur I was shocked at the size of her box and how large it was. Now? It's not nearly as impressive. Still big, for sure, it just doesn't "shock" me like it did previously.

With that my Straw Hat crew is done and I can retire [for now] on collecting P.O.P figures. At the very least, it takes the stress off of my wallet somewhat.

chrono01

If you don't mind sharing, chrono01, what POP figures do you have? I want to dream about the ones you have that I want. :D
I probably don't have as many as most. I've been pretty selective in the ones that I purchased, and with myself suspending on purchasing new ones [for the moment], it won't grow any larger. :(

Still, I'm happy with what I have! I started collecting them when the Time Skip began. As I said I stuck to the "core" Straw Hat crew and purchased a few random ones along the way, but I'll likely jump back in later [once I see it being financially viable] and try to purchase the remaining Shichibukai [I already have two of them...well, three I guess, if you want to include former Shichibukai].

Sailing Again:

Luffy
Roronoa Zoro
Nami
Usopp
Sanji
Chopper
Nico Robin
Brook
Franky

Various Other Releases:

Princess Shirahoshi
Donquixote Doflamingo
Jewelry Bonney
Perona
Gecko Moria
Boa Hancock Blue Ver.
Nico Robin - Film Z Ver.
Nami [Door Painting Collection]
Nami Crimin/Swimsuit Ver.

I'm super [or should I say "SUUUUPEEER!"] impressed with the Sailing Again Franky, though. Here's a video review of him [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjlMC5OKVBQ]. He's basically a combination of a figma [without the nasty joints] and a scaled figured. So much flexibility in the poses and he comes with an insane amount of extras. The painting on him is perfect, as well.

And he should be! He cost me around $260 CDN! >_<

As much as I enjoy seeing something I'm looking for pop up on Mandarake or wherever, it feels good to reach that point.

My figure spend this month is going to be high-ish as well. I spent about 42k on Mandarake in one order and still got 4 more figures from other places on top of that.

My figure spend this month is going to be high-ish as well. I spent about 42k on Mandarake in one order and still got 4 more figures from other places on top of that.

I only have two shipping from AmiAmi this month. Next month, I've got five. Which, remarkably, will still "only" cost me about 30k after shipping. Hopefully Estelle will get slapped with a delay, though.

Jayhawk

Thanks for the congratulations, DeadRockstar.

I seem to be following chrono01's line of thinking by focusing on the Straw Hat Pirate figures first, especially with the availability and price of the Sailing Again line.

I am impressed by what I have seen of the Sailing Again Franky. That price you paid, chrono01, seems decent due to the size and features of the figure. I would probably consider buying that Sailing Again Franky once I am caught up enough in the anime to be introduced to the character and determine if I like him or not.

I am about 200 episodes in now, having only started earlier this month. The only character I haven't been introduced to, whose POP figure I bought so far has been the Neo DX Boa Hancock and I basically bought it because she's female and I liked the look of the figure.

If you focus only on the Straw Hats, you will at least be in a more shallow hole XD, start collecting other groups "Novas/Whitebeard etc" you are so screwed lol

Jayhawk

I just found out the official distributor for Good Smile Company in Canada is in my city. I'm going to see if I can convince them to order a Hatsune Miku Love is War DX version figure for me to buy at a decent price. The store also seems to be the official distributor for Megahouse figures. This store might be a cheaper option for my future P.O.P purchases if their markup on figures is less than the cost of shipping from Japan.

george_us

I nearly about fell out of my chair when I read "42K" until it dawned on me that it's "42K Yen" and not dollars.

chrono01

Thanks for the congratulations, DeadRockstar.

I seem to be following chrono01's line of thinking by focusing on the Straw Hat Pirate figures first, especially with the availability and price of the Sailing Again line.

I am impressed by what I have seen of the Sailing Again Franky. That price you paid, chrono01, seems decent due to the size and features of the figure. I would probably consider buying that Sailing Again Franky once I am caught up enough in the anime to be introduced to the character and determine if I like him or not.

I am about 200 episodes in now, having only started earlier this month. The only character I haven't been introduced to, whose POP figure I bought so far has been the Neo DX Boa Hancock and I basically bought it because she's female and I liked the look of the figure.
Wow, I just saw that you're now a "member". Congratulations is definitely in order!

Franky is a very...interesting character, I'll leave it at that so as not to spoil too much. I like you'll like him, though. Boa Hancock you will love, I guarantee it. The way she gets around Luffy and "judges" others [that head-tilt!]. Also, "reasons". She's great.

I had no idea that the distributor for Good Smile Company/Megahouse was in Canada. That's really cool. Where about, if you don't mind me asking? I'm guessing not anywhere near Edmonton, which is where I'm currently situated.

Still, I wish you luck in obtaining Love is War DX!

If you focus only on the Straw Hats, you will at least be in a more shallow hole XD, start collecting other groups "Novas/Whitebeard etc" you are so screwed lol
That is so very true.

You'll still be in a hole after collecting the Straw Hat crew but, at least you'll still be able to see the sun and/or feel its warmth. If you collect outside of them, though...well, I hope you like darkness.

got lucifer today! It is kinda wobbly when you move the base. Its not as secure as leviathan.
This worries me. I have her still boxed up so I'm hoping she's stable once I actually get a cabinet and display her. At the very least I won't be moving her much, so if she's stable enough to stand [without falling over] it should be okay.

I love the painting/detail on her, though. Orchid Seed is definitely incredible with cast-off figures [though I will display her clothed].

POP Sailing Again Franky is getting a US release right?
Unfortunately no. He was a Limited Release in Japan and Standard in other Countries [North America wasn't one of them].

I'm not sure how common he is in Countries outside of Japan, but on Mandarake Franky regularly sells for 22,000 ~ 25,000 yen or so [relatively quickly, I might add], and I can see that price increasing over the several months. I don't think it will be another Eustass Kid situation, since he was a Standard Release and Megahouse didn't throttle his sales like they did with Franky.

Jayhawk

I had no idea that the distributor for Good Smile Company/Megahouse was in Canada. That's really cool. Where about, if you don't mind me asking? I'm guessing not anywhere near Edmonton, which is where I'm currently situated.

Still, I wish you luck in obtaining Love is War DX!

The official Canadian distributor for those two companies is located in Toronto and is verified by Good Smile Company's site. I haven't checked Megahouse's site for verification there.

chrono01

The official Canadian distributor for those two companies is located in Toronto and is verified by Good Smile Company's site. I haven't checked Megahouse's site for verification there.
Ah, I figured it would be around that area, I just wanted to make sure [for the sake of curiosity and all that].

Thanks for the confirmation!

Mikhal

Unfortunately no. He was a Limited Release in Japan and Standard in other Countries [North America wasn't one of them].

Franky is available for pre-order from BigBadToyStore if you'd rather order from a US store. http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MGH10399&mode=retail

It might be cheaper to buy from BBTS based on shipping fees compared to the usual Japanese sites, but you'd have to check yourself.

Ugh. That price. My friend has the rest of the Sailing Away Straw Hats and just needs Franky. He was hoping it'll pop up on Amazon for the free shipping like the rest.

Thank god I don't collect POPs... Though I do have the Edition-Z Robin. Debating on getting rid of it before I fall into that vortex. I'll stick with the cheap Masters Stars Piece stuff for now!

kiryogi

Banned
Hum, anyone get their 2013 snow miku yet? I can't seem to track mine and it's been at least a week since it supposedly shipped. EMS from overseas doesn't take that long . . .

chrono01

Hum, anyone get their 2013 snow miku yet? I can't seem to track mine and it's been at least a week since it supposedly shipped. EMS from overseas doesn't take that long . . .
Good Smile Company's EMS is more like SAL. It's horrible. They ship from Singapore instead of Japan and always takes a ridiculous amount of time!

I got my shipment email early-August and it's been sitting at "Shipment Ready" until the 6th. They didn't experience the Obon Holiday that Japan did either, so that's no excuse. -_-

kiryogi

Banned
Good Smile Company's EMS is more like SAL. It's horrible. They ship from Singapore instead of Japan and always takes a ridiculous amount of time!

I got my shipment email early-August and it's been sitting at "Shipment Ready" until the 6th. They didn't experience the Obon Holiday that Japan did either, so that's no excuse. -_-

Im just mostly worried since I moved so I haven't really checked the old place for missed EMS notices. . . But I also forwarded my mail hopefully in time >_<

chrono01

Tried it directly on the SG site like it even suggests. . . Just says shipment is ready wat.
Yeah you're in the same situation as me, it seems. -_-

I have no clue what's going on with our shipments. Either tracking isn't being updated as it should be, they're mysteriously "lost", or they're sitting in some warehouse collecting dust. ~_~

Either way, I want my 2000 yen back. This is inexcusable.

kiryogi

Banned
Yeah you're in the same situation as me, it seems. -_-

I have no clue what's going on with our shipments. Either tracking isn't being updated as it should be, they're mysteriously "lost", or they're sitting in some warehouse collecting dust. ~_~

Either way, I want my 2000 yen back. This is inexcusable.

I just sure hope as hell they're willing to ship another one if our shipments did get lost. I want my snow miku 2013 ;-;

chrono01

I just sure hope as hell they're willing to ship another one if our shipments did get lost. I want my snow miku 2013 ;-;
They should be under obligation to deliver. These were custom-made so no "shortage" should happen. If they were lost or whatever, GSC should be able to make a new batch for those affected.

I've ordered from them many times and, while shipment is always slow, I've never experienced a wait as long as this. It's definitely worrying me.

LadyRiven

It hasn't technically shipped yet. Mine's said "shipment ready" since like August 6th. I'm just about done forever ordering anything through GoodSmile Company's website, because this is pretty friggin' ridiculous.

But anyway, don't worry, she's not lost and you're not alone in this.

chrono01

It hasn't technically shipped yet. Mine's said "shipment ready" since like August 6th. I'm just about done forever ordering anything through GoodSmile Company's website, because this is pretty friggin' ridiculous.

But anyway, don't worry, she's not lost and you're not alone in this.
Despite many people experiencing this [well, pretty much everyone who ordered from GSC, I'm still concerned. While it's hard to believe that they would "misplace" this many boxes, the fact that it hasn't moved [or, at least, updated] since the 6th is worrisome. What if, through some miracle freak-of-nature a meteor landed and destroyed all of our Snow Miku's?

WHAT THEN!?

I thought I was the only one who was getting the business from GSC. What makes it better is that I was one of those whose orders they screwed up, so they thoughtfully sent me another tracking number...more accurately, the same one they told me to disregard...

The only good thing to come out of this is that it's one less place to tempt me into financial ruin, as I'll never buy anything from them again.

sky

Got my figma Asuna in yesterday, finally... though I haven't opened her yet. Kirito is still in the box too. Damn, I've become one of those guys!! >_>;

Aytrial

Got my figma Asuna in yesterday, finally... though I haven't opened her yet. Kirito is still in the box too. Damn, I've become one of those guys!! >_>;

Better than me, I've got a massive stack of unopened packages chilling out in a storeroom because I'm organising my room. Unopened boxes in unopened boxes! BOXCEPTION!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom