• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

I think I am gonna get hooked on nendoriod.
TURN BACK NOW!

You know not what you tempt yourself with...

found my next native fig, sad that I missed the PO (i wasn't into figs then)

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/98982#tab/other/date/8/1

NSFW.
Nice choice. Native does some great work.

As for "NSFW" figures, I own several. As long as it's not from Giga Pulse or something, that's too intense for me. Having a seductive figure [in a state of un-dress] that's tastefully posed? I see nothing wrong with it!

Enjoy your venture into R-18 Land.

R-18 figures? You've truly gone to the dark side.
Join Us...
JOIN US...

Toki767

Just bought this old C.C. figure off Mandarake.

How do those prize figures in Japan work anyways? It was apparently like 800 yen but now it's like 4,000-5,000 yen.

chrono01

Just bought this old C.C. figure off Mandarake.

How do those prize figures in Japan work anyways? It was apparently like 800 yen but now it's like 4,000-5,000 yen.
Ichiban Kuji figures are basically won via a lottery. You purchase a ticket [for a few hundred yen] and, if you win, you get the figure!

That's why the value of them usually increase over-time, given their limited nature.

Toki767

You get them from crane games to my knowledge.

And we all know how rigged those are!

Ichiban Kuji figures are basically won via a lottery. You purchase a ticket [for a few hundred yen] and, if you win, you get the figure!

That's why the value of them usually increase over-time, given their limited nature.

I guess I don't feel too bad paying the price then. I wish shipping wasn't another 2400 yen. :(

Aytrial

I guess I don't feel too bad paying the price then. I wish shipping wasn't another 2400 yen. :(

EMS is for suckers. Live on the edge and go with SAL.

"Will it arrive safely? Have they lost it? Did it get crushed under larger packages? Insurance? What insurance?"

These are the thrilling and burning questions that you too can experience.

EMS is an express mail service offered and operated by the country's own postal service.

DHL is run and operated by the company with it's own infrastructure.

I guess it very much depends on where you live whether or not it's faster or cheaper
or safer...

Update: Elf finally has a tracking number, 1 week after I requested shipping... *grumbles*

MCD

Rwry1Mq.jpg

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/171478

fffffffffffffffffffffff

LiK

EMS is for suckers. Live on the edge and go with SAL.

"Will it arrive safely? Have they lost it? Did it get crushed under larger packages? Insurance? What insurance?"

These are the thrilling and burning questions that you too can experience.

SAL is fine but be smart and use registered especially if you don't trust where your packages are delivered.

Wow, two more Code of Princess figures popped up on AmiAmi about an hour ago (one of each variant) and they're already gone. She moves super fast.

sky

Hmm a preowned Misty popped up on amiami too. Looks so nice... I really like the style of these shining blade figures.

I did bite on the Kureha from before, btw... lolz! ;).
She was one of the first figures I wanted, so I figured I'd better scratch that itch.

9387815245_8b4c4cea94_z.jpg

9387814845_f8109bcd52_z.jpg

Been reading the manga instead of watching the anime but only realised how small the head of the clossal titan is in proportion to the body (anime/manga wise anyway) XD

Edit: Lol
CGD2-65869_06.jpg

LiK

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3831/9387815245_8b4c4cea94_z.jpg
[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2853/9387814845_f8109bcd52_z.jpg
Been reading the manga instead of watching the anime but only realised how small the head of the clossal titan is in proportion to the body (anime/manga wise anyway) XD[/QUOTE]

Anime is far superior, imo. The art and animation is gorgeous and the music is kickass. I tried reading a few chapters of the manga but the art is so fugly. The anime follows it pretty closely so not missing anything there. The only complaint some people have is that that the series is a bit slow in certain eps.

Anime is far superior, imo. The art and animation is gorgeous and the music is kickass. I tried reading a few chapters of the manga but the art is so fugly. The anime follows it pretty closely so not missing anything there. The only complaint some people have is that that the series is a bit slow in certain eps.

The anime's definitly have awesome art and animation, the manga's art is something that really needs to getting used to, whilst reading I sometimes confused the characters, the art is that messy lol.
Probs will start watching the anime again likely at the best jumping in point, no need to watch the recap episode and will not be driven crazy by weekly waits lol.

Still undecided on the Colossal Titan Nendoroid, the amount of extra seems worth it though.

LiK

The anime's definitly have awesome art and animation, the manga's art is something that really needs to getting used to, whilst reading I sometimes confused the characters, the art is that messy lol.
Probs will start watching the anime again likely at the best jumping in point, no need to watch the recap episode and will not be driven crazy by weekly waits lol.

Still undecided on the Colossal Titan Nendoroid, the amount of extra seems worth it though.

Yea, just skip the one recap ep and you're fine. I didn't mind the "slow" eps., tbh. Some people are so impatient. They're too used to watching anime series that are completed already.

I think the Nendo is well worth it. Really love the sculpt and yea, the extras are pretty damn cute.

vareon

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3831/9387815245_8b4c4cea94_z.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2853/9387814845_f8109bcd52_z.jpg[/MG]
Been reading the manga instead of watching the anime but only realised how small the head of the clossal titan is in proportion to the body (anime/manga wise anyway) XD

Edit: Lol
[IMG]http://img.amiami.jp/images/product/review/133/CGD2-65869_06.jpg
Too bad he's not going to scale well with the Figmas, unless they really want to sell a massive figure.

LiK

Very happy with BBTS right now. They allowed me to cancel two things that were sitting in my Pile of Loot for months now. They usually only give back store credit but the CSR even asked me if I wanted my CC refunded instead. Which I just replied with a yes.

Not sure if this is standard practice since this is the only second time I canceled an order in my Loot with them in years so maybe they're nicer to me about it. Their policy on the site is way more strict.

Jube3

Very happy with BBTS right now. They allowed me to cancel two things that were sitting in my Pile of Loot for months now. They usually only give back store credit but the CSR even asked me if I wanted my CC refunded instead. Which I just replied with a yes.

Not sure if this is standard practice since this is the only second time I canceled an order in my Loot with them in years so maybe they're nicer to me about it. Their policy on the site is way more strict.

That's pretty cool of them, I've had good dealings with BBTS as well. I normally pick up from sideshow first for the points but its nice to have reliable backups. They just (FINALLY) shipped my Enterbay Michael Jordan #23, should have it next week :D

LiK

That's pretty cool of them, I've had good dealings with BBTS as well. I normally pick up from sideshow first for the points but its nice to have reliable backups. They just (FINALLY) shipped my Enterbay Michael Jordan #23, should have it next week :D

They just replied and refunded my CC. Pretty fast. Looking forward to your Jordan pics. :D

My Naoe Kanatsugu just got it! Glad I got it, even though I know nothing about the series she comes from (and really couldn't afford it).

...I now have five figures sitting in boxes, waiting to be freed...

Oh,a question for Figure-GAF: Due to negligence, work schedule, etc, My Tony Taka Miku has a horrendous case if dust build up on her hair. For those who have this figure, her hair was super-tacky/sticky, so light dusting/water isn't working.

Any ideas, suggestions, tips on how to get her hair shiny clean again without damaging the paint?

Anony

Anony

How did you manage to fit all that with your luggage?!?! I had a hard enough time trying to bring my loot back from San Diego Comic-Con. I am afraid of how I would manage to bring stuff back from Japan.

i had almost an entire luggage case (the big ones) dedicated to it
i had to debox a few of them to fit it in, i mean, if you dont care about the boxes, (in my case) if I deboxed everything, i could have probably fit 5 to 8 times more stuff
the luggage itself was relatively light

Got that Gintama figure, it's big but oh so good for the price you can get it at, if you're lucky.

found it at mandarake for 2100 yen or something

i loved searching through bins at mandarake, it was like treasure hunting

Jayhawk

Nice pictures, Anony. I like the use of that Lenovo box as a figure riser. lol

Regarding risers in Canada, check nearby art stores like Michaels.

chrono01

Nice pictures, Anony! Thanks for sharing.

So many new sculpts/painted figures announced today. All I know is that 2014 is already shaping up to be a great year.

Velvet Batrass [Alpha Max] - Painted!
Aty [Alter]
Iris Hartely [Alpha Max] - Painted!
Asmodeus - Bunny Girl Ver. [Amakuni] - Unexpected, but pleasantly surprised.
Sailor Jupiter/Venus S.H Figuarts[Bandai] - Painted. That was fast!
Senjougahara Hitagi [Kotobukiya]

Probably more I'm forgetting...

Granted I probably won't purchase ALL of these, but they're now on my radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom