• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Finally done. Now the hard part, deciding what figures I want to display.
and lots and lots of cleaning up
FtzfTiN.png
Kfi0qjC.png

People like it. I just don't really like storm. Bishoujo are going to kick in soon with psylocke, xiaoyu, jun, chun li and cammy

You know, I'm not completely sold on Chun Li yet. They need to fix that nose. Anyway, I think that for the price, the bishoujo line is my favorite. Especially with the way figure prices are shooting up [like with heroin!] at the moment. Koto has a nice combination of low prices with good quality figures.

Also, this is adorable. Too pricey for the size, though.

Finally done. Now the hard part, deciding what figures I want to display.

Looks good. What made you decide to shy away from enclosed glass displays?

johnsmith

remember me
Looks good. What made you decide to shy away from enclosed glass displays?

Well I still have 1 wall where I can put more stuff in. I could fit 4 or 5 detolfs, but I might just go with bookcases. It's rare that I see a detolf display I really like. And there's the whole shrine/museum aspect. I want people to be able to get up close and lookat them, turn them around, etc. And I don't mind dusting.

george_us

No, but that's still around $425 or so. Not exactly chump change when we're talking about toys.
Indeed. Honestly though, I wouldn't feel bad about dropping that kind coin. If I had more room in my apartment I'd consider buying a lot more of these figures. A lot of them are insanely well made.

kiryogi

Banned
HAHAHA. ;-;

Dear Customer,

This is Goodsmile Online Customer Support. We thank you very much for your support of Good Smile Company products.

We are writing in regard to your order of one or both of the following products:

Nendoroid Snow Miku: Strawberry White Kimono Ver.
Akemi Homura: you are not alone.

It has been discovered that during the initial shipment of these products, some orders were not shipped due to an error on the part of our shipping agent.

In the event that you cannot track your order, please rest assured that the products in your order have been reserved, and that the tracking number you were provided with is correct. We have confirmed that your order will be shipped with this tracking number by Friday, Aug. 23.

Goodsmile Online Shop would like to offer our most sincere apologies for the delay that you have experienced, as well as any confusion this situation may have caused. We have contacted our shipping agent regarding this matter and have expressed our dissatisfaction with their services.

Goodsmile Online Shop hopes that this incident won't prevent you from placing future orders. Please feel free to contact Customer Support should you have any questions. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you.

LadyRiven

Just got that letter. I feel like I really can't excuse them for it. I mean, I'm still pissed off that they prioritize selling their figures at conventions BEFORE the people who pre-order and then make us pay 3 day EMS prices for EMS that takes 3 weeks.

I mean, when I pre-ordered Snow Miku, I didn't expect to have to wait 6 months after my friends who went to various U.S. conventions were able to just walk up to their booth and buy one.

If I knew they were gonna pull that crap, I'd just pay someone to get one at a convention for me; it'd still be cheaper than paying for their poor excuse for shipping and I'd get it months earlier. Either that, or I'll just buy their exclusives from Mandarake from now on.

TL;DR - GoodSmile Company treats their pre-order customers like garbage and I recommend avoiding their web store like the plague.

kiryogi

Banned
Just got that letter. I feel like I really can't excuse them for it. I mean, I'm still pissed off that they prioritize selling their figures at conventions BEFORE the people who pre-order and then make us pay 3 day EMS prices for EMS that takes 3 weeks.

I mean, when I pre-ordered Snow Miku, I didn't expect to have to wait 6 months after my friends who went to various U.S. conventions were able to just walk up to their booth and buy one.

If I knew they were gonna pull that crap, I'd just pay someone to get one at a convention for me; it'd still be cheaper than paying for their poor excuse for shipping and I'd get it months earlier. Either that, or I'll just buy their exclusives from Mandarake from now on.

TL;DR - GoodSmile Company treats their pre-order customers like garbage and I recommend avoiding their web store like the plague.

Huh, was 2013 Snow Miku available @ the GSC booth @ AX and other places?

Hey guys, guess what just got delayed?!

Changed to September 2013
Good Smile Racing - GSR ProjectMirai BMW 2012: Second Leg Fuji ver.
Phat! Company - Twin Pack: Yozora Mikaduki & Sena Kashiwazaki
Phat! Company - Katsuragi
Phat! Company - Magical Nia
Phat! Company - Twin Pack+: Yoko & Nia + Boota PSG Arrange ver.
Phat! Company - Bayonetta

Changed to October 2013
Penguin Parade - Petanko Mini!: Madoka Magica Trading Figures

lol

Welp, EMS shipping on that Azusa wedding figure was 6100 JPY, bringing the total cost to nearly $340.

You just got Madoka'd.

Bombless

I only wanted Usagi and Makoto, but now that I have the first....yeah...there's no way I separate them.

Just when I thought I was done with 2013...

YgNj4Dfl.jpg

Edit : God damnit, I just knew Bayonetta was being delayed again. It'll come out in December, mark my words D:

Signed into my email this morning to go pay for the Milla figure I ordered from Mandarake a few days ago and to my surprise I found an email from FIS saying that Amiami had a Code of Princess Solange (NSFW-ish) in stock. Yoink! Good way to start the day!

LiK

Think I'm done preordering new stuff for the rest of the year. Don't want to keep spending money before I sell off more crap. Anything I miss I'll just get later if I have the funds. Even with Flexpay, my SS preorders are adding up.

Jayhawk

johnsmith, are those LED lights Dioders from IKEA? I've read that their current batch is more yellow than before, but it's hard to tell with your pictures since your walls are yellowish.

Jube3

9559670324_8140f04de7.jpg

Red Skull came in, not sure how I want to display it at the moment but I am definitely buying a second body/boots to display both heads.

Jayhawk

My Milla figure finally arrived. It also arrived with the the winner of the mandarake POP figure shipment race, Sailing Again Usopp. It's funny since it wasn't the first figure I ordered.

Regarding LED lighting, any lighting experts in Figure GAF? If not, I guess I'll just stick to the yellowish lights from Ikea. I would prefer a cooler white, but I am afraid of buying LEDs from somewhere else that produce too much heat for the shelves they'll be on. I don't want the figures on those shelves being subjected to hotter temperatures.

gokieks

My Milla figure finally arrived. It also arrived with the the winner of the mandarake POP figure shipment race, Sailing Again Usopp. It's funny since it wasn't the first figure I ordered.

Regarding LED lighting, any lighting experts in Figure GAF? If not, I guess I'll just stick to the yellowish lights from Ikea. I would prefer a cooler white, but I am afraid of buying LEDs from somewhere else that produce too much heat for the shelves they'll be on. I don't want the figures on those shelves being subjected to hotter temperatures.

By their very nature, it's basically impossible for LEDs to give off enough heat to make any difference. It's more a matter of what kind of light you want and how well it integrates into your display.

johnsmith

remember me
It's a prize figure. The quality and size are of a figure worth 1/10 that much.

They're gouging because of the series's popularity.

Jayhawk

Thanks to some inspiration from johnsmith's shelf pictures, I've been doing more planning for my figure-shelving. Here is my current plan for my living room. The shelves with glass doors will be where my figures will be placed. Ignore the placeholder props I used from the Ikea app for speakers, DVDs, etc.

I will be adding LED strip lighting to the shelves that will have figures and the plan is to have the lighting at the front facing towards the figures but covered by a wooden strip, so the viewer doesn't directly see the LEDs as pictured below from my crappy diagram.

This project is going to take a lot of work and time. I am looking forward to it though, since I want to put some effort into properly showcasing figures I spent lots of money on.

johnsmith

remember me
Thanks to some inspiration from johnsmith's shelf pictures, I've been doing more planning for my figure-shelving. Here is my current plan for my living room. The shelves with glass doors will be where my figures will be placed. Ignore the placeholder props I used from the Ikea app for speakers, DVDs, etc.

I will be adding LED strip lighting to the shelves that will have figures and the plan is to have the lighting at the front facing towards the figures but covered by a wooden strip, so the viewer doesn't directly see the LEDs as pictured below from my crappy diagram.

This project is going to take a lot of work and time. I am looking forward to it though, since I want to put some effort into properly showcasing figures I spent lots of money on.

Looks like a good plan! I was thinking about doing what you're doing with the LEDs, but I'm not crafty enough, and it would have taken a lot more time.

Uuugghhh. Need more Attack on Titan figures. Got the playset preordered, which began my figure madness.

Any One Piece collectors prefer the Figuarts poses/styles than the P.O.P? Moria, Perona and the upcoming battle versions for the Admirals are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom