• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead

well not really...yet
Picked up a Play Arts Kai General Zod

His left foot is warped to the side and his arm just broke off

Kinda pissed. $80 down the toilet.

Fuck it. Last time I buy a PAK

Velvet Batrass [Alpha Max] - Painted!

Do want.

I like how she's sitting on the treasure chest. It's similar to the pose Fiona is in, only with a more interesting object under her bum. It's a sexier figure than I usually buy, but I think I'm going to have to pull the trigger on that one. She's not exclusive, is she?

chrono01

Do want.

I like how she's sitting on the treasure chest. It's similar to the pose Fiona is in, only with a more interesting object under her bum. It's a sexier figure than I usually buy, but I think I'm going to have to pull the trigger on that one. She's not exclusive, is she?
Yeah, she looks great. I love the pirate-look.

Nope, she's not exclusive [thankfully]. She'll be available at the regular/usual sites. d(^_^)v

chrono01

(Pre-owned ITEM:A / BOX:B)Excellent Model CORE Queen's Blade Grimoire P-1 User of the Darkness in Wonderland "Arisia" 1/8 Complete Figure(Released)
6,380 JPY

One of my favorite Queen's Blade figures. I paid 7,200 new.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-7645-R020
She does loo great, but I'm not compelled to own her in my collection.

Did you have as much difficulty getting her clothed as those on MFC? I've heard some terrible things about her in that regard.

Deprive

Picked up a Play Arts Kai General Zod

His left foot is warped to the side and his arm just broke off

Kinda pissed. $80 down the toilet.

Fuck it. Last time I buy a PAK

That sucks. You would think Square would improve the qc of their figs considering how freaken expensive they are :\

I kinda want Faora, but 80 is just too much for playart quality.

johnsmith

remember me
I just like her Alice in Wonderland inspired design.

If they ever made a figure of Zara I'll probably get that too.
T9wOSBN.jpg

Jessicat

my taiko drums arrived

my cases where i keep my better figs, i have another trud case where i keep my older ones

I really need risers for my case, but i'm too poor right now, and amazon canada is has terrible prices compared to us, i might have to look locally

link to haul post
Dunno if they'd work for your setup, but I just bought a few of THESE from Lowes, they were on clearance for a bit over $5 in the store I went to (I bought the last 3 that were left there XD), I guess ymmv depending where you go. They're expandable width-wise but can be separated and still stand on their own, pretty decent for that price~ Hope this helps another fellow Canadian :3

Speaking of, are there ever any sales/deals on those Detolf shelves? Or is there something similar and/or cheaper available in Canada? In the process of moving and want to start planning my geek room for when I get settled in :p

chrono01

I can finally post a picture of the painted Velvet Batrass [promotional shots released]! She'll be 9800 yen [without discount] with a scheduled release of January 2014. Pre-orders might open tonight.

I won't pre-order right away, but I know I'll succumb to the pressure soon enough...

I can finally post a picture of the painted Velvet Batrass [promotional shots released]! She'll be 9800 yen [without discount] with a scheduled release of January 2014. Pre-orders might open tonight.

I won't pre-order right away, but I know I'll succumb to the pressure soon enough...

kinda iffy on the face but that body sculpt is great

Jayhawk

Speaking of riser ideas... For my Persona shelf of figures, I was planning on printing out pictures of television sets to put on boxes I find and use as risers.

chrono01

She's a nice figure. You don't have to be strong this time. Go ahead and pre-order immediately. ;)

Is she from a specific series, or is she an OC?
She's from Shining Arc on the PSP [Japan-Only title, obviously].

I'm not too familiar with it, but I do love the look of her!

johnsmith

remember me
Speaking of riser ideas... For my Persona shelf of figures, I was planning on printing out pictures of television sets to put on boxes I find and use as risers.

I was thinking of going to a hobby shop and trying to find some trusses to build a tv studio like this.
ba4czFx.jpg

And this gives me a great idea to get some extra stands for my P4 Taito figures. The yellow bases they come with are way too big.

Sweet. Amazon sells them and they're not super expensive.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003AH6EVY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I dunno. I like the figure, but I already have Miku2020 in January, and I don't know what else might pop up. I don't really want to order more than two standard PVC figures per month next year. And they're charging high prices for 1/8 scale figures all of a sudden.

New Years resolution starts now. :D

chrono01

I dunno. I like the figure, but I already have Miku2020 in January, and I don't know what else might pop up. I don't really want to order more than two standard PVC figures per month next year. And they're charging high prices for 1/8 scale figures all of a sudden.

New Years resolution starts now. :D
That's why I'm holding off on pre-ordering her. I want to cut back on my orders for 2014 so I don't want to unnecessarily pre-order anything suddenly. I'll give it some time before I commit to see if it's something I need to have in my collection.

I am showing restraint!

LiK

What is it with people and Queen's Blade figures? Admittedly, I've never seen tbe anime, but is it anything more than an orgy of fanservice?

It's basically fan service. Before the anime they were strategy games in booklets or something with a lot of ecchi art. They're all castoffable as well so that's another reason. I like a lot of designs.

Aytrial

I've picked up the Wave Homura from the Hobby Search sale so far. Nothing else appeals to me, so my wallet doesn't need to go on life support yet.

Giolon

Ooh, that looks like a white Besta... maybe I should go white instead of black/brown.

Anyway, I bought 12 of these configurable stands shown below more than a year ago. At $8 per stand plus shipping, I found them to be very good since you can customize the stand's configuration. I used them to prop up old Play Arts before I moved and packed everything up.

http://www.mimiwoo.com/product_info.php?products_id=5258

You can get those for a lot cheaper than $8 each. They're 266 yen (~$2.75) apiece from HobbySearch. I bought 11 of them a couple years ago for my Play Arts Kai collection (that I've since sold off most of). My total cost was 4,506 shipped - approx. $4.22 each.

But yes, they ARE awesome.

gokieks

Also on the subject of risers, you can get creative on what to use. Found this video with lots of ideas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If6WF5C_xJY

Some interesting ideas there. I really need to get some risers, and I was thinking of just investing in some tools for bending acrylic and making my own, but that's a considerable amount of effort, and there are some nice alternative there.

Also, after a week of long working hours preventing me from receiving any of the shipments that were sent to me, I finally made it to the post office and picked up the first 3 of 4 Mandarake purchases:

Now to wait on that Azusa wedding figure...

gokieks

I used 2 sets of DIODER LED strips and 1 set of DIODER puck lights. It looks very nice, but that costs more than the DETOLF itself, so...

I'm going to test out some generic LED strips next and see how they work.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That Velvet Batrass looks great. I'm not sure if I'd buy it since I'm not familiar with the source, but it sure it tempting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom