• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sca2511

Yeah, that's the one. I dunno why I said Alter. It might have been mis-labeled on some site or another, or I'm just gaga for Alter pieces.

If only the one DeadRockstar linked a couple of pages back wasn't a GK.

YxI7J2Q.jpg

It'd be an instabuy.

SUPARSTARX

Damn, I'm not ready to pay for Mitsuru yet. lol

Got the invoice too. Splurged on POP Max Franky last week. $235+40 ship from TGLShop.

RIP in pieces

StayDead

Reading posts like the one above makes me so glad I'm a nendo/sometimes figma/very rarely scale figure collector. Some of the prices of the bigger figures would probably kill me :p

SUPARSTARX

Yeah it's pretty bad. Because I have like half the pirate crew in POP format almost.

Nami, Luffy, Sanji, Zoro, Robin and now Franky. I am just missing Brook, Usopp and Chopper which should not be difficult to acquire except maybe Brook.

Also ordered the new Shanks, too. I forgot about Shanks. GG!!!!!!!!

And still half payments left for the new POP Whitebeard and Gol D. Roger

More+Shots+Red-Haired+Shanks+DX28+pic05.jpg

More+Shots+Red-Haired+Shanks+DX28+pic18.jpg

Gol+D.+Roger+DX29+NS12.jpg

Gol+D.+Roger+DX29+NS01.jpg

Edward+Newgate+Ver.0+EX27+pic10.jpg

So N-Y finally decided it was time to ship my Alter Jubei and Naoe figures. I got the shipping notice this morning.

Reading posts like the one above makes me so glad I'm a nendo/sometimes figma/very rarely scale figure collector. Some of the prices of the bigger figures would probably kill me :p

Figure prices only get that high after they've been released and discontinued. A figure price at/before release never (except in like, two or three cases*) gets close to $150. Though they are getting a bit steeper than they used to be.

*Ouch. Make that four. But why are they putting it up before she's painted? And why on Earth are people so crazy about an incest anime?

Toki767

So N-Y finally decided it was time to ship my Alter Jubei and Naoe figures. I got the shipping notice this morning.

Figure prices only get that high after they've been released and discontinued. A figure price at/before release never (except in like, two or three cases*) gets close to $150. Though they are getting a bit steeper than they used to be.

Nice to hear they finally shipped them out to you.

I kind of wanted that Belldandy with Holy Bell figure but damn at the price. Hopefully the price drops since it doesn't look like she's selling out.

*Ouch. Make that four. But why are they putting it up before she's painted? And why on Earth are people so crazy about an incest anime?
Likely to gauge interest/see how many they should order/surplus the amount they need.

And for your other question...please ask anime GAF for that =P, more than likely those who do like those anime are an only child (maybe) =S but it's a rabbit hole I don't wanna follow XD

heard that it has nothing to do with incest and the title is really misleading. Don't know how valid it is but I have friends that watched the first season a bit and said its really misleading. Don't know how the manga or season 2 is.

And for your other question...please ask anime GAF for that =P, more than likely those who do like those anime are an only child (maybe) =S but it's a rabbit hole I don't wanna follow XD

There's just a cultural obsession with little sisters, lolis and things of that nature that one would have to be blind to miss. And I don't have to tell you that it's easy to see it reflected in the figures that get produced as well. Just an observation.

heard that it has nothing to do with incest and the title is really misleading. Don't know how valid it is but I have friends that watched the first season a bit and said its really misleading. Don't know how the manga or season 2 is.

I'll tell you. The light novels and the anime had two separate endings. OREIMO SPOILERS AHEAD In the light novels, they took the easy way out and
it turned out that Kirino was adopted, so they weren't actually blood-related. Then they went and got married
. In the OAVs at the end of the Season 2 anime,
they very much were brother/sister, and decided to keep the relationship going until they finished high school. They had a mock wedding and everything. But I think the insinuation was that it wasn't going to stop

I've heard they made a PSP game where they purposely noted in that particular game, the brother and sister were cousins XD

There's just a cultural obsession with little sisters, lolis and things of that nature that one would have to be blind to miss. And I don't have to tell you that it's easy to see it reflected in the figures that get produced as well. Just an observation.

I'll tell you. The light novels and the anime had two separate endings. OREIMO SPOILERS AHEAD In the light novels, they took the easy way out and
it turned out that Kirino was adopted, so they weren't actually blood-related. Then they went and got married
they very much were brother/sister, and decided to keep the relationship going until they finished high school. They had a mock wedding and everything. But I think the insinuation was that it wasn't going to stop

don't OAV tend to be non-canon?

Ahahahaha that light novel ending >_< really took the easy route with that one XD, IIRC there were mad fans to the ending? Something about them burning the light novels or so.

Not always. Some series use them to continue the main series. It was done with both seasons of Oreimo, as well as Bakemonogatari, off the top of my head.
Yeah anime series that believes they haven't got a chance of another season tends to do this, but may get another season if the OAVs proved popular ala ToLove Ru(?).

I wish there was another season of Natsume Yuujinchou, I want some figures of the series XD.

So my Alter Yagyu Gisen from the Hobby Search sale showed up today. Yay! As soon as Jubei and Naoe show up I'll get them all in the detolf.

Also, I think I'm done with my January orders with Miku 2020, Senjougahara Hitagi, and ???.

For ???, I'm torn between Velvet, and Rin. What do you guys think?

Ahahahaha that light novel ending >_< really took the easy route with that one XD, IIRC there were mad fans to the ending? Something about them burning the light novels or so.

Yeah, Oreimo had some pretty hardcore fans. It makes me a bit uncomfortable, actually. Personally, I would have preferred Kuroneko or Ayase to win, instead of the main character's sister.

So my Alter Yagyu Gisen from the Hobby Search sale showed up today. Yay! As soon as Jubei and Naoe show up I'll get them all in the detolf.

Also, I think I'm done with my January orders with Miku 2020, Senjougahara Hitagi, and ???.

For ???, I'm torn between Velvet, and Rin. What do you guys think?

Yeah, Oreimo had some pretty hardcore fans. It makes me a bit uncomfortable, actually. Personally, I would have preferred Kuroneko or Ayase to win, instead of the main character's sister.

rin imo. I like the dynamic pose

It's a fun show with some quality animation, but Rin isn't in it. She's from the Cinderella Girls mobile game. I prefer the figure to Velvet though, for the same reason as Ragingnight.

Yeah, tried to watch Idol M@ster... not really my thing. I'm not saying it's bad, and I usually like slice-of-life comedy, but I think the whole "Idol" thing isn't something I can watch for 20+ episodes.

Shit, Velvet and Rin might both be getting the axe. Look who else is coming in January. From Alter.

For those still waiting for their Snow Miku, there is hope! I just got mine today; it was shipped on the 29th apparently...

Oh well, at least it's here in my grubby little paws.

But "dirty" [female] pirates are the best, if you get what I'm sayin'. ;)

aids is scary bro.

edit

I think i might....just get rise alter (swimsuit). I don't want the exclusive but ehhhhhhhhhh. Also leaning towards MX haruhi. Looks really great with the punk outfit but I might wait till rin comes out and have a mixmatch band going.

chrono01

aids is scary bro.
Now, let us stop this "impure" thoughts/discussion of the, very beautiful, Velvet Batrass!

Whilst she is a flirtatious gal, she is also pure. I guarantee you of this fact. Look at those soulful eyes, her radiant skin. That "come hither" glance, but still maintaining a respectable air about her.

Yes, she is quite a "treasure" indeed.

If that's the choice, Aty will probably the better option. I'm tempted myself, although I know nothing of the Summon Night series. Alter truly are great with their sculpts/quality-control, so I'm sure she'll be worth owning.

I'll have to see if I can squeeze her in for January 2014.

I've never played the games, either. But she's adorable. She may well get slapped with a delay anyhow, though.

Bombless

Wow, I hope this Garage Kit gets turned into a PVC. I'd love to add it to my Muramasa shelf.

You just had to remind me of this injustice didn't you. I was 100% sure this was the next Alter Muramasa figure. I had no idea GKs existed. Oh the tears I shed when I learned the truth...

You just had to remind me of this injustice didn't you. I was 100% sure this was the next Alter Muramasa figure. I had no idea GKs existed. Oh the tears I shed when I learned the truth...

She's so gorgeous. It's a no-brainer for Alter to add Yuzuruha to the Muramasa line. Guaranteed to sell out.

johnsmith

remember me
What in the hell happened to Rise's face?

Teddie looks cool. Still trying to figure out which Teddie figure to get, though leaning towards the nendoroid one.

They have to have 2 different people or teams working on this. Aegis, Yu, Chie, and Yukiko all look really great for prize figures. Awesome faces. But Kanji, Yusuke, and now Rise look godawful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom