• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

I don't know how we haven't gotten a nice Rise or Naoto figure by now. Alter's Rise figure is nice but I don't want a swimsuit figure.

chrono01

I don't know how we haven't gotten a nice Rise or Naoto figure by now. Alter's Rise figure is nice but I don't want a swimsuit figure.
Already done, my friend [courtesy of Wave]:

ibrIiCtW9C0tFJ.jpg

I have that rise to a side of a bigger figure. Kinda like she is presenting it.

damn it still tempted on the alter rise. Don't care about swimsuit or not, I just like the hair

johnsmith

remember me
Look pretty good, and it's Alter, so the final product will come out well, but that's a ridiculous price for something that's only 210mm tall. But it looks like these higher prices are a permanent thing. 2014 is going to be the year my buying slows down by the looks of it. I won't be preordering anything unless I love both the figure and the source material. I'm done buying random stuff that just looks good.

chrono01

She's a smidge pricey, but she definitely looks to be worth it. I want to see what AmiAmi offers in the way of discounts.

Yeah, if I pre-order her it will be from AmiAmi [as per usual]. They might not offer as much in points, but their prices are usuaully guaranteed to be cheaper. It also helps that's where my January 2014 pre-orders are from.

Look pretty good, and it's Alter, so the final product will come out well, but that's a ridiculous price for something that's only 210mm tall. But it looks like these higher prices are a permanent thing. 2014 is going to be the year my buying slows down by the looks of it. I won't be preordering anything unless I love both the figure and the source material. I'm done buying random stuff that just looks good.
I hear you, that's why I'm on my "maybe" fence for Aty.

Normally I'd jump at the chance to pre-order but, with the higher price-tag combined with my resolution for 2014, and I'm slightly hesitant.

I'm sure she will absolutely be worth the cost in the end [this IS Alter, after all], I'm just not sure that I 100% need to own her. If I were more familiar with the source material, maybe...

I hear you, that's why I'm on my "maybe" fence for Aty.

Normally I'd jump at the chance to pre-order but, with the higher price-tag combined with my resolution for 2014, and I'm slightly hesitant.

I really wish I had a clearer picture of what the first few months of 2014 were going to look like. I'm sure there's going to be a truckload of Attack on Titan figures next year, and I need them.

Yeah it's pretty bad. Because I have like half the pirate crew in POP format almost.

Nami, Luffy, Sanji, Zoro, Robin and now Franky. I am just missing Brook, Usopp and Chopper which should not be difficult to acquire except maybe Brook.

Also ordered the new Shanks, too. I forgot about Shanks. GG!!!!!!!!

And still half payments left for the new POP Whitebeard and Gol D. Roger

I'm so glad I never got into(started) One Piece because I saw those figures and they looked amazing in person.

Wow, I hope this Garage Kit gets turned into a PVC. I'd love to add it to my Muramasa shelf.

That's a sweet kit

Toki767

Probably the smartest thing you can ever do when it comes to buying figures.

So for One Piece figures do we know what is coming before it is put up for preorder? Would like to know if possible what is coming out early next year or what is planned.

Cheska

Stop me from spending money! ;_;

|(Pre-owned ITEM:A / BOX:B)Persona 3 - Aigis ART WORKS Ver. 1/6 Complete Figure..|12,480 JPY| 1|12,480 JPY|
|(Pre-owned ITEM:B / BOX:B)Happy Kuji Persona 4 B Prize - Yosuke Hanamura Figur..| 1,360 JPY| 1| 1,360 JPY|
|(Pre-owned ITEM:A / BOX:B)figma - Persona 3 Fes: Aigis Heavily Equipped Ver. [..| 2,780 JPY| 1| 2,780 JPY|
|(Pre-owned ITEM:A / BOX:B)figma - Anime Persona 4: Chie Satonaka(Released) | 3,180 JPY| 1| 3,180 JPY|

chrono01

Stop me from spending money! ;_;
In my personal opinion, yes to the Aigis [Alter], pass on the rest.

I don't personally care for figma's, [unless they're the Nintendo-themed ones since we'll rarely get scaled figures of those].

I own that Aigis, though. She's a beauty.

johnsmith

remember me
Pretty good update on amiami's preowned section tonight.

Pre-owned ITEM:A / BOX:B)7th Dragon2020 - Hacker (Chelsea)
10,780JPY
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-7694

This one was on my wish list for a while.
Pre-owned ITEM:B / BOX:B)Full Metal Daemon Muramasa - Muramasa Sansei
8,780 JPY
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-4893

One of my all time favorites
(Pre-owned ITEM:A / BOX:B)SIF EX - Odin Sphere: Velvet Complete Figure(Released)
8,480 JPY
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-1096

Cheska

In my personal opinion, yes to the Aigis [Alter], pass on the rest.

I don't personally care for figma's, [unless they're the Nintendo-themed ones since we'll rarely get scaled figures of those].

I own that Aigis, though. She's a beauty.

I placed the order already..

I have no self control what so ever >.<

johnsmith

remember me
Man, seriously? I looked it up and it didn't look that bad. Also seems like it's fairly expensive on ebay and such. Figured it was worth the gamble.

Ebay prices are just stupid most of the time. But yeah, all the figures from that set are awful, imo.

Not figures but these just went up for preorder. Pricey at 3,990 yen, but I'm sure they'll sell out.
CGD2-67193.jpg
CGD2-67192.jpg

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CGD2-67193
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CGD2-67192

Giolon

chrono01

You will not regret Aegis. She's one of the best figures out there, imo.

Look at her!
Yep! Alter captured Shigenori Soejima's artwork beautiful. She's stunning, from every possible angle, and a lot lighter than you would think [while still being great quality].

Alter always impresses.

johnsmith

remember me
I have nowhere to put those wall scrolls in my nerd room, so fortunately I'll be able to pass easily on those. I'm keeping the geeky stuff contained to a single room.

Cheska

Ebay prices are just stupid most of the time. But yeah, all the figures from that set are awful, imo.

Well I suppose the upside to this is I'm one step closer to completing my Persona collection. Where did you order your Taito set from?

You will not regret Aegis. She's one of the best figures out there, imo.

Look at her!

Yep! Alter captured Shigenori Soejima's artwork beautiful. She's stunning, from every possible angle, and a lot lighter than you would think [while still being great quality].

Alter always impresses.

I was planning on buying her later this month from Plamoya since they still had her in stock (for more), but this deal seemed too good to pass up.

Jayhawk

So for One Piece figures do we know what is coming before it is put up for preorder? Would like to know if possible what is coming out early next year or what is planned.

For figures not available for preorder yet, you'd have to keep up with blogs and such to know what's been previewed in conventions. I only have been following Portrait of Pirates figure news.

This Nami was first previewed in the past week. So it likely won't be released until mid-next year.

This Monkey D. Luffy Edition-Z should be coming out in the Spring next year.

The POP September preorder times were just announced via Megahouse's twitter. https://twitter.com/mega_hobby

11 September (Wednesday) 18:00 JST
-Excellent Model Portrait.Of.Pirates One Piece NEO-DX Nefertari Vivi (I am definitely buying this one)
-Excellent Model Portrait.Of.Pirates One Piece NEO-EX Crocodile Repaint Ver.

The POP blog on blogspot has a list of upcoming POP releases as well on their main page. http://pop-onepiece.blogspot.com/
October 2013:
Shiki SE-MAX
Juracule Mihawk Ver.2 DX
Roronoa Zoro SA (RP)
November 2013:
Trafalgar Law SA (RP)
Donquixote Doflamingo (RP)
December 2013:
Aokiji Kuzan Edition-Z
Rob Lucci Ver. Leopard DX
Kalifa Limited Edition
January 2014:
Nefertari Vivi DX
Sir Crocodile Repaint Ver.
February 2014:
Roronoa Zoro Edition-Z

Thanks brah. Guess Ill hold out for that Nami. Wish there was some info on Figuarts because they have cool poses and often release lesser characters.

Also anyone have any experience with Amiami preowned figs?

Waiting on this being release. Playasia is saying September. I have it preordered but there is no date still, just says it will be shipping "Soon".

sci-fi-revoltech-series-no005-the-nightmare-before-christmas-pre-painted-figure-jack-skellington-re-run.jpg

My girlfriend is a big fan so this is my way of softing her up for the figures I'm waiting to be released.

Annoying how you have to preorder them so far in advance... Waiting sucks...

LiK

For figures not available for preorder yet, you'd have to keep up with blogs and such to know what's been previewed in conventions. I only have been following Portrait of Pirates figure news.

This Nami was first previewed in the past week. So it likely won't be released until mid-next year.

This Monkey D. Luffy Edition-Z should be coming out in the Spring next year.

The POP September preorder times were just announced via Megahouse's twitter. https://twitter.com/mega_hobby

11 September (Wednesday) 18:00 JST
-Excellent Model Portrait.Of.Pirates One Piece NEO-DX Nefertari Vivi (I am definitely buying this one)
-Excellent Model Portrait.Of.Pirates One Piece NEO-EX Crocodile Repaint Ver.

The POP blog on blogspot has a list of upcoming POP releases as well on their main page. http://pop-onepiece.blogspot.com/

Damn, I must have that Nami in Luffy cosplay figure.

sky

I also saw that pre-owned Aegis and insta-bought it?! Too good to pass up.
I wonder if they have multiples, or someone will get cancelled?

Incredible figure... been after it for ages. T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom