• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh. I just bought three Samurai Girls figures and bishoujo Mystique in the last seven days. Don't wanna spend another $100 on one figure.

New Jubei is alright. I just finished the series last night. The conclusion seemed a bit rushed, and Samurai Bride Jubei was just a mish-mosh of elements taken from all of the other Master Samurai. I liked the series, though. Not really feeling the figure. Especially for the price. She's exclusive, isn't she? Just like Maeda Keiji?

yeah. 120 with shipping was my order. Not too bad >_>

Hot Toys Scar Predator came in yesteray

dP4omkv.jpg

P42PZB3.jpg

KdiQgnY.jpg

I received Flash and Batman ArtFX+ statues today as a birthday present from friends. I really like this line of statues from kotobukiya, especially for the price. They stand at about 6-7 inches tall and have a combined metallic and matte finish (Batmans cowl is a flat black while his suit is metallic/gunmetal). Definitely going to round out the collection by picking up Aquaman, Superman and Wonder woman. If anyone is interested they run anywhere from 30-40 bucks each.

Took a quick picture
9634496884_d59d95ecd9_z.jpg
Shazam is releasing in October too brah.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
didn't take it out of the foam but it looks like nothing is missing or broken. second gun is there. seems fine so far. will do a more thorough inspection when i find a place to display it.

Man, it looks gorgeous. The sculpt is even more accurate than the 1/4 statue from SS that i also have.

Glad to hear nothings wrong with it, and yeah it's a beautiful piece of work, can't believe I was almost gonna pass on it.

Hot Toys Scar Predator came in yesteray

dP4omkv.jpg

P42PZB3.jpg

KdiQgnY.jpg

Looks awesome, I'm planning on nabbing Scar before the years out, my idea is to get the 5 main Predators from each movie, but I've only got Classic at the moment, so I still need to nab the Berserker, and City Hunter as well wait for Wolf.

So dead horse and all, folks still having trouble with Snow Miku? LOL D:

Yep. Not sure if I should call my credit card company and reverse the charge. I'll give it another week or so before I go crazy.

Not quite sure why GSC has so much trouble sending shit out. It's not exactly rocket science, or any kind of science, really...

chrono01

Yep. Not sure if I should call my credit card company and reverse the charge. I'll give it another week or so before I go crazy.

Not quite sure why GSC has so much trouble sending shit out. It's not exactly rocket science, or any kind of science, really...
Still waiting on mine, as well. :(

The problem isn't so much with GSC but with the one that's handling International shipments [Speedpost]. They're horrible and, thankfully, GSC has said that all future orders will be shipped out personally from themselves in Japan [about time!]. That doesn't fix the issues with Snow Miku, though. I'm really beginning to doubt that we'll ever get her. ~_~

At least with my next order [Makise Kurisu - Lab Coat Ver.] there shouldn't be a problem, since they'll be using a different shipping arrangement by then apparently. We'll see...

yeah. 120 with shipping was my order. Not too bad >_>

Yeah, if I was gonna pop that much for another figure at the moment, it would probably be Karen Araragi with that road roller base.

And why the fuck hasn't N-Y shipped my Jubei and Naoe figures yet? It's been like, a week. They sure took my fucking money fast enough, those twats.

chrono01

And why the fuck hasn't N-Y shipped my Jubei and Naoe figures yet? It's been like, a week. They sure took my fucking money fast enough, those twats.
N-Y is strange. Sometimes they ship my items within a day or two, and sometimes it takes longer. I'm beginning to think that they have specific days in which shipments go out [and not every day], although waiting a week definitely seems excessive. :(

Have you tried emailing them?

N-Y is strange. Sometimes they ship my items within a day or two, and sometimes it takes longer. I'm beginning to think that they have specific days in which shipments go out [and not every day], although waiting a week definitely seems excessive. :(

Have you tried emailing them?

Just emailed them now. It hasn't been a full week, as I only ordered them on Monday. But that still seems like a ridiculous delay for items that are in-stock. Especially for fucking EMS shipping.

N-Y is going to be a last-resort in the future for anything not concerning exclusives.

chrono01

Just emailed them now. It hasn't been a full week, as I only ordered them on Monday. But that still seems like a ridiculous delay for items that are in-stock. Especially for fucking EMS shipping.

N-Y is going to be a last-resort in the future for anything not concerning exclusives.
Yeah, if you ordered on Monday [and the item was in-stock] it definitely should have shipped out by now, especially if you chose EMS. It will essentially be a week since mail doesn't go out on weekends, so it won't ship until Monday at the earliest.

I only use them for exclusives, as well. I go with AmiAmi for everything else, although I know N-Y can be good for figures that are out-of-stock elsewhere. However, since I usually pre-order mine prior to release, I don't really need to "search" afterwards for them.

I wish you luck in getting it shipped out [in a prompt manner].

I have sasaki paid for on NY on monday. Hasn't shipped yet at all. (ems)

I also have Maede Keiji and Jubei (gloss ver) PO there with MK paid for already (high USD/JPY ratio at the time).

Hopefully they ship it out soon....

What's stupid is that in the time since I've made the order on N-Y, AmiAmi has managed to get my back-ordered item in stock, request payment, AND ship it. And these idiots can't even manage that much.

edit: Also, question for you guys. I just checked my CC statement, and instead of AmiAmi listed as a charge from the other day (when I paid for Mystique), it came up as "PEIZENTO". What's the deal with that?

edit 2: Banpresto Mikasa?!

Pezking

I ordered Yui from K-On! last saturday from NY.
Already paid via Paypal, chose EMS for shipping.

They're still preparing my order. That status hasn't changed since monday.

Toki767

What's stupid is that in the time since I've made the order on N-Y, AmiAmi has managed to get my back-ordered item in stock, request payment, AND ship it. And these idiots can't even manage that much.

edit: Also, question for you guys. I just checked my CC statement, and instead of AmiAmi listed as a charge from the other day (when I paid for Mystique), it came up as "PEIZENTO". What's the deal with that?

edit 2: Banpresto Mikasa?!

Apparently they changed it when paying with a credit card to that a while ago?

Is that Mikasa one of those Ichiban Kuji Premium prize figures?

Busaiku

How likely is it that AmiAmi lets me cancel my RAH Link pre-order?
With Mighty No. 9 and Nendo Link, there's no way I can do this.

I do have other orders, but that's just too much for me now.

Apparently they changed it when paying with a credit card to that a while ago?

Is that Mikasa one of those Ichiban Kuji Premium prize figures?

My last AmiAmi order was in late May, and it still said AmiAmi at that point. So the change wasn't that long ago.

As to your question, I dunno. Probably?

I ordered Yui from K-On! last saturday from NY.
Already paid via Paypal, chose EMS for shipping.

They're still preparing my order. That status hasn't changed since monday.

I guess they're like Play-Asia in that it takes them a fucking decade to do anything most of the time. It was fine when I ordered Milla, she was paid for and shipped in a couple of days. But this.... this is ridiculous.

Also, I went ahead and ordered this to ship with my September AmiAmi order (last one they had, it seems). She was too cute and I'm on a Bakemonogatari kick.

chrono01

How likely is it that AmiAmi lets me cancel my RAH Link pre-order?
With Mighty No. 9 and Nendo Link, there's no way I can do this.

I do have other orders, but that's just too much for me now.
Cancelling orders with AmiAmi is always a delicate situation, even if you do regular business with them.

The best I can advise is that you ask if it's possible, but don't press it. State that if it's not able to be cancelled that you'll still be willing to pay for it. Relate that you'd rather not, due to recent financial concerns, but if it's necessary you will oblige.

They've always been good to me, but then, I rarely cancel anything and usually spend between $300-$500 a month with them, although I am definitely cutting back next year..

I wish you luck!

Jube3

User "plastik" on the Sideshowfreaks forum posted this neat display idea that I think might interest all of us here who use detolf. He is using magnets to hang/float his extra weapons and accessories on the glass. I think I am going to order some. I have a lot of extras just sitting in boxes that would be fun to display.
http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133266

A link to the magnets he used:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012ARU7S/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012AUU84/?tag=neogaf0e-20

LiK

got lots of new figures. more coming next Tuesday so i'll take pics then.

damn Jube3, the second magnet link is sweet. great price.

Cancelling orders with AmiAmi is always a delicate situation, even if you do regular business with them.

The best I can advise is that you ask if it's possible, but don't press it. State that if it's not able to be cancelled that you'll still be willing to pay for it. Relate that you'd rather not, due to recent financial concerns, but if it's necessary you will oblige.

I think a lot of it has to do with whoever answers your email, and the mood they're in. I once cancelled like, eight things from them at once with no negative repurcussions. I was kind of shocked. But it's not something I would ever attempt again.

Jube3

got lots of new figures. more coming next Tuesday so i'll take pics then.

damn Jube3, the second magnet link is sweet. great price.

Can't wait to see what you picked up! I have Storm Shadow, Bruce Willis and Lebron James coming in (if they ship).

Jayhawk

Regarding those two Supergirl figures, I prefer the ArtFX one as well but the crotch area on her new costume looks too weird to me.

So I found this Italian Facebook page with cool figure dioramas that fit in Detolfs, and I can't tell whether the guy actually sells the dioramas and ships to North America. If I could speak Italian, I would ask him if I could commission a bigger version of this One Piece diorama to fit in a Besta shelf:

560829_580733588635719_967148278_n.jpg

sca2511

^ pretty damn cool. Was thinking of doing something similar with the Bishoujos belonging on different teams and such.

As for the Supergirl, I wish the ARTFX was a bit bigger, but the quality looks great. Just by the pictures of both, I think I like them more than the Bishoujo except for the silly costume, but I think I'm getting used to it.

Wanted your guys' opinion on this. Which New52 Supergirl is better? ARTFX or DC Cover Girls?

ARTFX around 7"

As far as design goes, the ArtFX is much more appealing, I think. Between the shiny costume and the face sculpt, it's just more aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The paint job on the DCCG statue is much too flat by comparison. The size difference may be an issue for you, though. But at least the pricing varies as well.

I've not been a big fan of the DC Cover Girls line. And I think it has to do with the fact that most of them come off looking like vintage fine-art pieces. Which is fine if you're into that sort of thing, but I'm not.

sca2511

As far as design goes, the ArtFX is much more appealing, I think. Between the shiny costume and the face sculpt, it's just more aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The paint job on the DCCG statue is much too flat by comparison. The size difference may be an issue for you, though. But at least the pricing varies as well.

I've not been a big fan of the DC Cover Girls line. And I think it has to do with the fact that most of them come off looking like vintage fine-art pieces. Which is fine if you're into that sort of thing, but I'm not.

Yeah I agree that the ARTFX line being more appealing. I think the only releases of DCCG I like were the ones designed by Adam Hughes. That Supergirl also looks quite good in comparison to ones not designed by Adam.

god fucking NY is slow as shit. Literally 8 days and my order has been in process. W T F.

I really hope the hyakka figures don't end up the same way.

LiK

Are a lot of these online retailers closed on the weekends? Could that possibly be a source for the slow service?

I've experienced this multiple times with NY so it's not that. Not new to me. I can see the other Gaffers here are frustrated tho. Might be their first time with it.

Arveene

Neo Member
I honestly don't think N-Y has half the stuff they list as "in stock" actually in stock. It feels like you place the order and then they try to find it for less than their list price is to send to you.

johnsmith

remember me
I honestly don't think N-Y has half the stuff they list as "in stock" actually in stock. It feels like you place the order and then they try to find it for less than their list price is to send to you.

This is what plamoya does. Their prices are pretty much tagged to amazon's.

Busaiku

Hurray, managed to cancel my RAH Link order at AmiAmi.
Though now I kind of feel a little empty as well...
When will that Nendo Link go up...

Man, I was looking for an Alter Shinobu from Bakemonogatari earlier, and everyone wants around $300 for her. She just came out last year, what the shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom