• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Also anyone have any experience with Amiami preowned figs?
I've bought tons of them. Most of them condition B. they've been great. Never had a problem.

Well I suppose the upside to this is I'm one step closer to completing my Persona collection. Where did you order your Taito set from?
From Mandarake. You have to keep checking or set up an alert though because they go fast, but at least they're cheap. About 1,500 yen per set.

Cheska

I also saw that pre-owned Aegis and insta-bought it?! Too good to pass up.
I wonder if they have multiples, or someone will get cancelled?

Incredible figure... been after it for ages. T_T

I hope so though in the past it's pretty much one figure...

Have they asked you to pay for yours yet?

I've bought tons of them. Most of them condition B. they've been great. Never had a problem.

From Mandarake. You have to keep checking or set up an alert though because they go fast, but at least they're cheap. About 1,500 yen per set.
Thanks brah. Thinking about adding another figure for September since I got a promotion.

Also surprised New Japan Pro Wrestling doesn't have any figures. Thought those two markets would go hand in hand.

sky

I hope so though in the past it's pretty much one figure...

Have they asked you to pay for yours yet?

Nope, but I ordered during off hours, so I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
Oh well, I'm sure another will pop up in the next few months either way ... ;)

Cheska

Nope, but I ordered during off hours, so I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
Oh well, I'm sure another will pop up in the next few months either way ... ;)

Ahh, they invoiced me out yesterday...I hope you end up getting one as well though. Guess we'll know for sure if we get shipping confirmation.

Aty is up on HLJ for $105. About $10 more than AmiAmi. I may pre-order her and see what else comes out. I doubt she'll be making her January debut anyhow.

I'm gonna be passing on all the Attack on Titan figures. Awesome show, but I find all the designs visually boring.

Female Titan is my waifu.

I may pass on the non-Titan figmas, but I'll definitely be down for the scaled figures

just her? how about Eren, Levi, or the Colossal Titan?

No idea. Eren will probably be soon, but the Colossal Titan figma didn't even have joints when it was shown. It was just a 3D printed prototype.

I was actually kinda wondering that myself. Haven't ordered any pre-owned figures from them yet but I'd figure they would be on their game as far as that is concerned.

Awww shit. Mikasa figma goes up for pre-order TONIGHT.

I don't get many figmas anymore, but I'll make an exception for her ;).

sky

Ahh, they invoiced me out yesterday...I hope you end up getting one as well though. Guess we'll know for sure if we get shipping confirmation.
Huh, strange indeed… I'm assuming their inventory system is automated, and after I placed my order the figure was gone from the site. Guess we'll see… o_o

Sidenote: I just got this unsolicited email from amazon... I think their analytics tools might need some... tweaking....
Either that or they're just being jerks!

wApQwBh.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
Yeah. Amiami's website updates as soon as something sells. I've seen things switch to sold out as soon as I've bought something. So if you both bought it they had 2 in stock.

Huh, strange indeed… I'm assuming their inventory system is automated, and after I placed my order the figure was gone from the site. Guess we'll see… o_o

That happened to me with the GSC Karen Araragi last week. I'm having it ship with my September order. Right after I ordered her, I went back to her item page and it was sold out.

RocBase

I'm gonna be passing on all the Attack on Titan figures. Awesome show, but I find all the designs visually boring.

Same, and by the looks of things it will be a huge financial relief.

I'll probably get the Levi scales though, if only because I predictably have a bit of a hard on for that guy. Everything else can pass.

I'll probably get the Levi scales though, if only because I predictably have a bit of a hard on for that guy. Everything else can pass.

I want to get a good look at the scaled figures when they show up online, as well as any figures of the actual Titans themselves. But I'm certainly not going to buy every AoT figure just because. I'm sure they're all going to get a price-bump just because they're Attack on Titan figures.

RocBase

I want to get a good look at the scaled figures when they show up online, as well as any figures of the actual Titans themselves. But I'm certainly not going to buy every AoT figure just because. I'm sure they're all going to get a price-bump just because they're Attack on Titan figures.

Yeah, I suspect that too. I guess if anything they'll be good for scalping P:

Yeah, I suspect that too. I guess if anything they'll be good for scalping P:

Eh, too much work. I'm definitely in for a scaled, non-figma Mikasa, and some figures of the actual Titans, but I'm not going to just buy everything. A scaled Annie PVC would be cool, too.

RocBase

Eh, too much work. I'm definitely in for a scaled, non-figma Mikasa, and some figures of the actual Titans, but I'm not going to just buy everything. A scaled Annie PVC would be cool, too.
Damn, now that you mention it if some Titans do get scales it'd be pretty boss if we could get something big like...idk, a 1/4?

A towering Colossal/Female Titan would probably freak out passerby relatives though haha.

LadyRiven

OT: RocBase, I see you have an Aoba avatar. Are you a Dramatical Murder fan?? :D

In other news, I successfully requested and got a shipping refund for my Homura and Snow Miku 2013. I'm currently in the process of contacting GSC's shipping agent in Taiwan (Toysntoys.com) and trying to figure out where the fresh HELL my figures are. They still are not trackable.

Toki767

Damn, now that you mention it if some Titans do get scales it'd be pretty boss if we could something big like...idk, a 1/4?

A towering Colossal/Female Titan would probably freak out passerby relatives though haha.

Imagine the price of that lol. I think even a 1/8 scale of a 5M class titan would already be 40 inches.

I'm passing too. I only watched a few episodes of the show, but I told myself I'm never buying figures primarily from an anime ever again.

oh? What do you have against anime?

Not that I don't understand. I'd like for most of my figures in the future to come primarily from comics and video games.

Cheska

how come?

oh? What do you have against anime?

Not that I don't understand. I'd like for most of my figures in the future to come primarily from comics and video games.

Because this is what happens 99% of the time: I watch a show -> love the episodes that I've seen -> buy figures of said show -> end up hating the show and regretting the purchases.

So I basically just stay away now so I don't have to worry about it.

Do you have anything else shipping in January? Otherwise there's no reason to EMS a lone figma. But you can change that later.

nothing else, I don't buy too many figures. After it ships I tend to stare out the window for the mail in anticipation so I figured I'd spend a little extra and get it earlier

I think ohnoraptors mentioned that ordering directly from the good smile shop would include an extra piece of roof as a pre-order bonus.

Do I buy the normal one from amiami now or wait for the good smile shop to update? Oh man oh man oh man.

Edit: On second thought, that roof looks like a piece of garbage, plus there's a 2000 flat rate. AMI AMI IT IS!

tumblr_msmu8vl0Fx1qzdctco1_500.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
I think ohnoraptors mentioned that ordering directly from the good smile shop would include an extra piece of roof as a pre-order bonus.

Do I buy the normal one from amiami now or wait for the good smile shop to update? Oh man oh man oh man.
Good Smile Company charges full retail price, and have you missed the people complaining about their shit service the last 10 pages?

Acid08

Banned

Edit: On second thought, that roof looks like a piece of garbage, plus there's a 2000 flat rate. AMI AMI IT IS!

tumblr_msmu8vl0Fx1qzdctco1_500.jpg
Her whole head looks kinda...misshapen. Like the hair is way too big for the head they gave her.

SnK is not great looking source material anyway though.

Edit: maybe it's just the angle in that shot, looks fine in others.

What's the longest you guys have had something held at customs?

I'm waiting for my Karen Araragi figure
and Index movie BD

They've been "Awaiting Customs clearance" for 7 days now. Phoned Parcelforce.."sorry we can't help..."

I usually go SAL and not use EMS but for this instance I decided to, I regret it now, should of stuck with what I knew was best.

Rootbeer

Banned
Where's he Eren figma? Anyway, Mikasa ordered. Yeah, also passing on the nendoroid, I greatly prefer figma. But I am getting the Titan nendoroid (all those little set pieces make it pretty awesome)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom