• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I was looking for an Alter Shinobu from Bakemonogatari earlier, and everyone wants around $300 for her. She just came out last year, what the shit?

certain characters are super well liked and become super rare. Black Rock Gold Saw came out not to long ago and you'll be lucky to get it under 200.

certain characters are super well liked and become super rare. Black Rock Gold Saw came out not to long ago and you'll be lucky to get it under 200.

I get that, but in some cases these shitbags ask for hundreds of dollars for a dinky little 5" figure. It's outside the realm of being remotely reasonable.

I get that, but in some cases these shitbags ask for hundreds of dollars for a dinky little 5" figure. It's outside the realm of being remotely reasonable.

Eh, elizabeth is like 350-400~. But yet yukiko, rise and a few others never hit that high (yukiko hit 200 tho). You can't really tell with this hobby.

LiK

just pump up the price to ridiculous levels and other people think it's worth that much so they follow the trend and there ya have it.

Toki767

just pump up the price to ridiculous levels and other people think it's worth that much so they follow the trend and there ya have it.

It's so the opposite of what happens with Steam trading cards lol

I'm sad I just missed a 1400 yen Kenshin figuarts on Mandarake. Though I guess figuarts quality isn't that great right?

Bombless

Goddess Athena is up at Hobby Search. 8700 yen.

10240529a.jpg

Another December release but she's way too gorgeous. I'm tempted to grab the 10th anniversary diorama as well (and thus need a couple knights to go along with her).

10240530a.jpg

Giolon

Man, I was looking for an Alter Shinobu from Bakemonogatari earlier, and everyone wants around $300 for her. She just came out last year, what the shit?

It's September, bro. Last year is a minimum of 9 months away. It's also Alter. What did you really expect?

I feel your pain though. Always preorder Alter. It pays off probably more than any other manufacturer.

It's September, bro. Last year is a minimum of 9 months away. It's also Alter. What did you really expect?

I feel your pain though. Always preorder Alter. It pays off probably more than any other manufacturer.

The thing is, jacking figure prices up that high doesn't do anything but slow down the figure-collecting economy on those figures. Do you actually think they'll move at those prices?

True. Preordering may seem like a sizeable financial commitment at the time, but it's better then waiting until after the fact. That's pretty much the main reason why I have very little from Alter.

Persona figures are an exception. We all know people get stupid where those are concerned. So much so that Megahouse caught on.

actually. There aren't a lot of persona figures from top level companies.

Yukiko and Rise both had an alter exclusive around P4. Elizabeth came out awhile ago.

Then MH is just starting to make some persona figures but their yukiko is bargain bin status.

MF, GSC and others haven't really milked the persona franchise at all. Like There is no yu, kanji, naoto, thanatos, or anything from the main figure makers really.

I mean yeah Labrys is getting one (probably due to P4A Climax) but still thats just like one character out of how many. I only have 1 persona fig (wave rise) and have no intention of getting the others due to price and/or quality. MH yukiko looks so bleh.

LiK

Amiami still hasn't asked me to pay for Mitsuru and the rest of my August order. :(

you combined it with other stuff? mine is by itself. i don't really like combining too many large figures together cuz shipping tends to balloon up and i don't like giant boxes arriving usually.

Jayhawk

you combined it with other stuff? mine is by itself. i don't really like combining too many large figures together cuz shipping tends to balloon up and i don't like giant boxes arriving usually.

Yeah, I combined with a couple other orders this time. It's my first time trying out a combined monthly order from Amiami.

I have a combined order from amiami of about a thousand dollars, just because everything was more or less delayed until this month.

I am... terrified of what the shipping costs will be.

chrono01

Yeah, I combined with a couple other orders this time. It's my first time trying out a combined monthly order from Amiami.

We are exactly in the same boat. I bet that's why our orders are taking a little longer to process.
Don't worry, I combine my orders monthly from AmiAmi. They usually take a little while longer to process/invoice due to the increased number of items that they have to package together/get shipping estimate/etc.

You should receive the invoice by tomorrow sometime, assuming all of the items are in-stock.

chrono01

It didn't seem like so much at the time!

But once all those gradual delays all came into a head and I kept combining monthly orders, seeing that number made me finally realize that I should probably... pace myself a little better.
I understand completely. Delays can be horrible. ~_~

My September will be nearing that price, as well, unless a few items are delayed. It's a scary thought.

Cheska

What is the typical shipping cost for two figures from amiami, while you guys are on the topic?

It honestly depends on the weight and what shipping speed. Average EMS for me in the past has been around $35. Registered SAL has been less, maybe $21 or so.

Jayhawk

Sweet, my August Amiami order with Mitsuru is ready: 4 figures costing 30080 JPY together has a registered SAL shipping cost of 8035 JPY.

Cheska

Sweet, my August Amiami order is ready: 4 figures costing 30080 JPY together has a registered SAL shipping cost of 8035 JPY.

Literally just came to post I got my invoice in as well. Shipping was only 9040 for four figures totaling over $500. Definitely relieved since I was expecting it to be so much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom