• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of on the fence on this one again. From this angle, her expressions looks kind of vacant.

1233560_712664798749919_1094066806_n.jpg

This one makes her look more intense.

Face is softer than I expected from the unpainted sculpt, but it still looks alright. Don't know if I'll get though. I really have to think hard about every purchase. Space is at a premium these days. :(

I know that feeling.

Wow, you've never pre-ordered from AmiAmi before?

If you're unsure, why not order from HLJ? It would only be a few dollars more, and you retain the right to cancel.

I've only ever done business from HLJ even though they give the lowest discounts. I've thought of switching over but I have a tendency to cancel pre-orders after a while, Emma Frost, Mystique, Poison Ivy are among the casualties.

I feel pretty certain about getting the Touch Detective Nendroid.

I've only ever done business from HLJ even though they give the lowest discounts. I've thought of switching over but I have a tendency to cancel pre-orders after a while, Emma Frost, Mystique, Poison Ivy are among the casualties.

Ouch. I'd be regretting Poison Ivy. I picked her up before she got too expensive and she's gorgeous.

I feel pretty certain about getting the Touch Detective Nendroid.

It's adorable, I'll probably grab her myself. any idea on the release date? They have a sculpt, so she can't be too far off.

Ouch. I'd be regretting Poison Ivy. I picked her up before she got too expensive and she's gorgeous.

It's adorable, I'll probably grab her myself. any idea on the release date? They have a sculpt, so she can't be too far off.

I thought she had too much hair covering her face :/

Haven't heard any news about the nendroid so my guess is 2014.

RMI

Banned
This is going to be my first pre-order from AmiAmi.

And if I change my mind, it'll be my last pre-order from them...

I canceled my first pre-order on AmiAmi and they didn't ban my account or anything. If you send them a polite email they're cool with it. They'll just be like, "Please don't do this again!"

I don't plan on doing it again, though.

Toki767

SAL is sent by plane right? Cause my order was dispatched from customs in Tokyo a week ago and it hasn't been received by customs in San Francisco yet. It's only across the ocean too.

LadyRiven

There is finally tracking information for my Nendoroid Snow Miku and You Are Not Alone Homura! At last! Only an entire month after it was listed as "shipment ready"!

For what it's worth, I had to email singapore speedpost, who told me to contact the distributor, so I emailed toyntoys and also asked goodsmile company for a refund of the shipping costs. (Thank goodness)

Even though Goodsmile is going to ship from Japan from now on, this has ruffled my feathers enough that I never want to use their shop again if I can avoid it.

I canceled my first pre-order on AmiAmi and they didn't ban my account or anything. If you send them a polite email they're cool with it. They'll just be like, "Please don't do this again!"

I don't plan on doing it again, though.

I don't know, I think it partially has to do with the mood of the person answering emails. I canceled like, eight things from them at once a few weeks back, and my account is still ticking.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ooo, I like the Jun Kazama. I was worried her face would look too off in the sculpt. It's not perfect, but I think it looks pretty good.

Cheska

I swear, AmiAmi is killing me with these Persona figures popping up this month. Just scored a Thanatos and Alter Mitsuru :O

LiK

Best design. I love how giant spikes, just like in the Final Wars poster

16257970.jpg

yea, reminds me of the teaser poster Godzilla for the new Hollywood movie too. I think the new guy is gonna be based more on 2000's design too. This is actually gonna be my first Godzilla figure. Gonna display him with Gypsy Danger, hehehe

Is Megahouse is doing a character poll for which figure they should make?

Yeah that page is for "free input" so you can request any character. Put the character name in the first column and their origin(game/anime etc.) in the second column. Then click the 確認 button on the right. You can vote once a day until the end of the month. I highly doubt they will end up making a figure off of requests unless a certain character gets requested a ridiculous number of times. I bet this is more like a survey so megahouse can see what fans are interested in.

Toki767

Yeah that page is for "free input" so you can request any character. Put the character name in the first column and their origin(game/anime etc.) in the second column. Then click the 確認 button on the right. You can vote once a day until the end of the month. I highly doubt they will end up making a figure off of requests unless a certain character gets requested a ridiculous number of times. I bet this is more like a survey so megahouse can see what fans are interested in.

Ah, well considering Attack on Titan is currently all the rage, it's probably safe to assume someone from that show is going to win a fan voting.

Ah, well considering Attack on Titan is currently all the rage, it's probably safe to assume someone from that show is going to win a fan voting.

I would hope not but you're probably right. You would think fans would take this oppurtunity to request a character that has very little chance at getting a figure. Titan already has several figures lined up, hell even Levi is getting a PVC figure, not to mention the figma and nendoroid.

Too bad you can only request once a day. I've got so many characters I want to get figures.Trish, Lady, and Gloria from DMC.Those would be great if megahouse ever brought back their CAPCOMANIAX line. Alice from Virtue's last reward. Bad Girl and Alice Twilight from No More heroes just to name a few.

Shinobu stands at the top of the list though so I have to stick with her. I would have gone with Rose from Street Fighter but I think she has a good chance at being part of the SF Bishoujo line.

Toki767

It hurts so much to browse Mandarake and see figures going for 15k+ yen and know that they'll never get re-released for a cheaper price.

Pezking

Finally got my Yui from Nippon Yasan!

Now my small collection looks like this:

mini-dsc06967dksxg.jpg

Oh, and her, of course:

mini-dsc06970hnsfh.jpg

I also have these two on preorder, but then that's it for quite some time:

chuunibyou-demo-koi-gq6s1f.jpg
fire-emblem-awakeningwnsba.jpg

Bombless

Dat Jun butt <3 A bit lacking in clothing but that leg and ass are terrific. I'll just need one or two more Tekken ladies to go along with her.

cajunator

Banned
Finally got my Yui from Nippon Yasan!

Now my small collection looks like this:

mini-dsc06967dksxg.jpg

Oh, and her, of course:

mini-dsc06970hnsfh.jpg

I also have these two on preorder, but then that's it for quite some time:

chuunibyou-demo-koi-gq6s1f.jpg
fire-emblem-awakeningwnsba.jpg

Nice!
I got that RIkka on order too. Looking very much forward to getting that figure.

cajunator

Banned
I have a major issue.
I was sent an email about 9 days ago (while I was very busy with work and also sick mind you) that an order was ready but I got an email yesterday that it was unpaid. This was on AMiami,. It was my first amiami order so I wasnt familiar with how they do things. Usually Im automatically charged to my card on EVERY other site. In any case the figure is now out of stock. am I too late? I sent payment today but I had a reservation for one already.
I really REALLY hate the way AmiAmi does this. Its maybe good for deferring payments but I HATE deferring payments. I want to pay for things right away as soon as they are available. This is the exact reason why I prefer to pay that way. because stuff comes up.
Please let me know if Im fucked or not.

gokieks

I have a major issue.
I was sent an email about 9 days ago (while I was very busy with work and also sick mind you) that an order was ready but I got an email yesterday that it was unpaid. This was on AMiami,. It was my first amiami order so I wasnt familiar with how they do things. Usually Im automatically charged to my card on EVERY other site. In any case the figure is now out of stock. am I too late? I sent payment today but I had a reservation for one already.
I really REALLY hate the way AmiAmi does this. Its maybe good for deferring payments but I HATE deferring payments. I want to pay for things right away as soon as they are available. This is the exact reason why I prefer to pay that way. because stuff comes up.
Please let me know if Im fucked or not.

If they cancelled your order because you didn't pay for it, they'll send you an e-mail telling you that. So unless it got lost due to spam filters or you deleting it accidentally, you should still be OK.

LiK

I want this, but I know if I'll get it I'll want all the other figures in the line and they are just too expensive

the good news is most of the earlier releases in this SH Figuarts line are long sold out or expensive from resellers. no problem in controlling the impulses. heh

I have a major issue.
I was sent an email about 9 days ago (while I was very busy with work and also sick mind you) that an order was ready but I got an email yesterday that it was unpaid. This was on AMiami,. It was my first amiami order so I wasnt familiar with how they do things. Usually Im automatically charged to my card on EVERY other site.

What AmiAmi does is send you an email when everything in your order is ready, then within an allotted span, you log in, click on the "Orders Awaiting Payment" link, and pay from there. If there's nothing there, check your order history. If the order is still active, then it should show a list of items in that order, with either "In-Stock" or "Not In-Stock" next to each item.

From what I hear, they generally just ban people that don't pay for an order. So if your account is still active, and the order is still listed, you should be alright. Their stock is instantly updated. I ordered a figure a few weeks ago to ship with my Sept. order, and it instantly showed "Sold Out" after I ordered it, but the item is still shown as "In-Stock" on my actual order detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom